Harris listened to Tupac while smoking marijuana, which she says brings “joy”
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 10, 2024, 07:15:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Harris listened to Tupac while smoking marijuana, which she says brings “joy”
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
Poll
Question: Does this make you more likely to support Harris?
Hell yeah!

Indifferent

Hell naw.

Just say no to drugs, kids. No.

Other (Post)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 114

Author Topic: Harris listened to Tupac while smoking marijuana, which she says brings “joy”  (Read 4380 times)
Da2017
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.00, S: -5.00

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: February 13, 2019, 11:32:25 PM »

She is not only female candidate being accused of in-authenticity.  Warren and Gillibrand also face similar problems. You could argue they'll going have a harder time shaking it off than Harris. Sometimes I think some of scrutiny of she is getting is a bit over of the top.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #101 on: February 13, 2019, 11:41:28 PM »

If Harris had just said she smoked marijuana in college you could consider this a non-issue.

Instead she invented the story about the rappers as well and described the experience as "joy", which means she embellished it to sound more cool, and shows her to be a hypocrite later in regards to marijuana. So no it's not a non-issue. If a Republican candidate in 2016 claimed to listen to some "cool" music in college that wasn't out yet when they were in college they'd be mercilessly mocked for it, and rightfully so.
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #102 on: February 14, 2019, 01:36:14 AM »

She sounds so inauthentic, like her advisors are forcing her to sound more "relatable," it's awkward and painful to read about.

Wait until you see Cory Booker.
Oh I know... he might convince me to not vote Democrat.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #103 on: February 14, 2019, 02:03:58 AM »

I don’t care what music she listened to but the fact that she’s grinning about marijuana usage as a student and went on to put people in jail for it/campaigned against it is not a good look. I just don’t think I can support Harris no matter how much I thought I wanted to.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #104 on: February 14, 2019, 08:18:51 AM »

If Harris had just said she smoked marijuana in college you could consider this a non-issue.

Instead she invented the story about the rappers as well and described the experience as "joy", which means she embellished it to sound more cool, and shows her to be a hypocrite later in regards to marijuana. So no it's not a non-issue. If a Republican candidate in 2016 claimed to listen to some "cool" music in college that wasn't out yet when they were in college they'd be mercilessly mocked for it, and rightfully so.

But that doesn't seem to be the most likely explanation, IMO.
JG

« Reply #105 on: February 14, 2019, 08:53:59 AM »

Or she just mixed up two memories that happened 25-30 years ago? Big deal.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #106 on: February 14, 2019, 10:57:42 AM »

But that doesn't seem to be the most likely explanation, IMO.

If she just "mixed up" some memories that means she was smoking marijuana after law school, which is even worse because she was doing it while prosecuting people for it.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #107 on: February 14, 2019, 11:29:12 AM »

Or she's never actually used marijuana and wants to seem cool/pander.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies