Virginia megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 04:02:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Virginia megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 ... 58
Poll
Question: Would Democrats be driving Northam from office for his Yearbook Page if the Lt. Gov was a Republican?
Yes, of course, they're Massive FFs

No, of course; they're not going to let a Republican undo what they've accomplished.

They'd be deeply divided on the issue.

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 139

Author Topic: Virginia megathread  (Read 70047 times)
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #400 on: February 04, 2019, 02:05:59 AM »

My god, imagine if we get a fairfax metoo scandal plus the northam stuff.

What the hell would the outcome be then?
henster
Junior Chimp

« Reply #401 on: February 04, 2019, 02:09:40 AM »

Grain Mountain of salt, but it appears that Fairfax has been accused of sexually assaulting a woman during the 2004 DNC

https://bigleaguepolitics.com/stanford-fellow-hints-at-possible-justin-fairfax-sex-assault/

Sounds like a hit piece to me.

Apparently this woman went to the Washington Post a year ago and they didnt find her story credible enough to publish. Make of that what you will.

Already seeing Dems on twitter ready and willing to throw Fairfax under the bus and content with him resigning. The party is absolutely pathetic at this point enough of this crap people need to grow a spine and stand up to these smears.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #402 on: February 04, 2019, 02:36:29 AM »

Grain Mountain of salt, but it appears that Fairfax has been accused of sexually assaulting a woman during the 2004 DNC

https://bigleaguepolitics.com/stanford-fellow-hints-at-possible-justin-fairfax-sex-assault/

Sounds like a hit piece to me.

Apparently this woman went to the Washington Post a year ago and they didnt find her story credible enough to publish. Make of that what you will.

Already seeing Dems on twitter ready and willing to throw Fairfax under the bus and content with him resigning. The party is absolutely pathetic at this point enough of this crap people need to grow a spine and stand up to these smears.

Agree.
henster
Junior Chimp

« Reply #403 on: February 04, 2019, 02:39:30 AM »

Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #404 on: February 04, 2019, 02:48:45 AM »

Thanks for posting. I'm strongly convinced all victims or those who claim to be should be listened and supported if the accusations are credible. Making false claims - I don't say this person does, but it is not unlikely - is unacceptable. It hurts the reputation of respected people and discredits the actual victims.

I just wonder, if this is true, why she didn't report to lawenforcement at the time? He wasn't a very powerful dude and 2004 is not a time such claims were automatically ridiculed.
henster
Junior Chimp

« Reply #405 on: February 04, 2019, 02:54:58 AM »

Thanks for posting. I'm strongly convinced all victims or those who claim to be should be listened and supported if the accusations are credible. Making false claims - I don't say this person does, but it is not unlikely - is unacceptable. It hurts the reputation of respected people and discredits the actual victims.

I just wonder, if this is true, why she didn't report to lawenforcement at the time? He wasn't a very powerful dude and 2004 is not a time such claims were automatically ridiculed.

The fact that it made its way to a RW blog conveniently the same one that leaked the yearbook photo it reeks of BS.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #406 on: February 04, 2019, 04:29:03 AM »

This. Also, does this have any connection to Northam's controversial comments from earlier this week? Why did this picture drop now, and not during the 2017 gubernatorial campaign?

Quite likely, yes. Conveniently takes a lot of heat off the backlash to the Dems' recent abortion/infanticide extremism.

Lol, seek help.

The same could be said for you. Northam's comments earlier this week were unacceptable, and this picture also defies the bounds of human rationality.

Supporting infant DNR is unacceptable yet forcing a child to slowly die and their parents to watch because they can't afford healthcare isn't? And I never once defended Northam over the picture and said he should resign as soon as I saw the story, so not sure why that's coming up in reply to me.

Both are unacceptable. Healthcare happens to be an issue that I align with the Democrats more on, though I don't support "Medicare for All". My response to you was to remind you of how people who make requests of others, to adhere to certain kinds of behavior, could themselves be subjected to those same requests. It was out of place for you to tell him to "seek help".

Fair enough, but people should probably tone down the emotionally charged rhetoric at least.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #407 on: February 04, 2019, 07:04:37 AM »

No way Fairfax resigns, if you think Franken going caused a firestorm imagine Fairfax  going over a clear RW smear. At some point Dems have to draw a line.

1) Franken wasn’t smeared, he sexually assaulted multiple women and proved unfit for elected office.  

2) The allegations against Fairfax don’t seem very credible and we’ve already seen Republicans try to use false allegations of this sort (against Richard Blumenthal and Gil Cisneros) as a political weapon.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #408 on: February 04, 2019, 07:08:41 AM »

I notice that not one on individual on here (with one or two exceptions), has actually ventured to give a faithful response to Fuzzy Bear's initial question. It should be blatantly obvious that Democrats would not be calling for Northam to resign if his replacement were to be a Republican. A big part of why Franken was forced out was because Democrats knew that he would have a Democratic replacement, appointed by a Democratic Governor. The same applies here-if Northam goes, he will be replaced with another Democrat.

Translation: “Anyone who doesn’t answer how I want them must be lying.  They can’t possibly have a different opinion than me in good faith.”
henster
Junior Chimp

« Reply #409 on: February 04, 2019, 07:28:50 AM »

No way, a Repub would surely roll back Medicaid expansion, go after voting rights, immigrants and have a destructive environmental policy. Their policies would be far more harmful than any action Northam took 35 years ago, it would be an easy call for Dems to make.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #410 on: February 04, 2019, 07:37:29 AM »

No way Fairfax resigns, if you think Franken going caused a firestorm imagine Fairfax  going over a clear RW smear. At some point Dems have to draw a line.

1) Franken wasn’t smeared, he sexually assaulted multiple women and proved unfit for elected office.  

2) The allegations against Fairfax don’t seem very credible and we’ve already seen Republicans try to use false allegations of this sort (against Richard Blumenthal and Gil Cisneros) as a political weapon.
[/b]

As if Democrats haven't done the same...
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #411 on: February 04, 2019, 07:38:42 AM »

[/b]

BOTH SIDES DO IT.
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #412 on: February 04, 2019, 07:42:05 AM »

People here should only answer this question when Republicans demand that Trump resign.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #413 on: February 04, 2019, 08:06:17 AM »

If the Washington Post did indeed review the allegations and found nothing credible, this is nothing by a smear job.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #414 on: February 04, 2019, 08:09:06 AM »

[/b]

BOTH SIDES DO IT.

Actually true, if you get out of your partisan soapbox.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #415 on: February 04, 2019, 08:10:01 AM »

I notice that not one on individual on here (with one or two exceptions), has actually ventured to give a faithful response to Fuzzy Bear's initial question. It should be blatantly obvious that Democrats would not be calling for Northam to resign if his replacement were to be a Republican. A big part of why Franken was forced out was because Democrats knew that he would have a Democratic replacement, appointed by a Democratic Governor. The same applies here-if Northam goes, he will be replaced with another Democrat.

Translation: “Anyone who doesn’t answer how I want them must be lying.  They can’t possibly have a different opinion than me in good faith.”

Not what I said at all. Are you Badger's alter ego? You seem to have many of the exact same positions as he.
Fight for Trump
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #416 on: February 04, 2019, 08:43:01 AM »

Steve Bannon is not an anti-Semite, and Corey Stewart is a good man. And no, of course they wouldn't.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #417 on: February 04, 2019, 08:48:54 AM »

They have not.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #418 on: February 04, 2019, 08:53:07 AM »

[/b]

BOTH SIDES DO IT.

Actually true, if you get out of your partisan soapbox.

Except that in this and many other cases it mounts to a "two wrongs make a right" fallacy.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #419 on: February 04, 2019, 09:38:47 AM »

Need I remind you of the Kavanaugh hearings?
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #420 on: February 04, 2019, 10:12:45 AM »

This is really starting to seem like an effort by Republicans to try and grab the Governor's mansion because they couldn't win the election.
Fight for Trump
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #421 on: February 04, 2019, 10:15:23 AM »

This is really starting to seem like an effort by Republicans to try and grab the Governor's mansion because they couldn't win the election.

Would be par for the course for the GOP.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #422 on: February 04, 2019, 10:18:04 AM »

Wouldn't surprise anyone. Decent parts of the GOP and lots of their officials have a long history of disrespecting the voters will.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #423 on: February 04, 2019, 10:28:34 AM »

The difference is that Dr. Ford's attempted rape allegations were extremely credible and more likely than not true, as were a second woman's (Deborah Ramirez was her name IIRC) sexual assault allegations against Kavanaugh.  There's a big difference between saying a would-be rapist facing extremely credible allegations of both attempted rape and sexual assault does not belong on the Supreme Court and making up false allegations to try to smear a political opponent.
Woody
SirWoodbury
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.48, S: 1.30

« Reply #424 on: February 04, 2019, 10:38:17 AM »
« Edited: February 04, 2019, 11:24:13 AM by SirWoodbury »

https://wtvr.com/2019/02/04/justin-fairfax-claim/

Edit: I believe all women should have their voices heard.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 ... 58  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies