Democratic Primary Endorsement Tracker
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 09:22:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Democratic Primary Endorsement Tracker
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 ... 54
Poll
Question: Who will Jon Tester endorse?
Biden

Bullock

Other (Please specify)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 161

Author Topic: Democratic Primary Endorsement Tracker  (Read 126195 times)
American2020
CĂ´te d'Ivoire

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #625 on: November 27, 2019, 06:06:03 AM »

Biden wins endorsement of top Florida Democrat

Florida State Sen. Audrey Gibson, one of the more prominent Democrats in state government, said she is endorsing Vice President Joe Biden, a boost for the candidate in a state that could prove pivotal if the nominating battle lasts into March.

Gibson, an African American, is the Florida Senate’s top Democrat. The chamber is narrowly controlled by Republicans. While other Democratic legislators jumped in early to endorse Biden, Gibson initially stayed on the sidelines.

https://www.politico.com/states/florida/story/2019/11/26/biden-wins-endorsement-of-top-florida-democrat-1229814
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #626 on: November 29, 2019, 10:16:04 PM »

Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #627 on: November 30, 2019, 09:11:25 AM »

Excuse me while I vomit. I'm genuinely surprised she's not backing Biden

She previously endorsed Beto, so maybe she doesn't like Biden?

Probably. The more I think about it, the more it makes sense. Buttigieg seems like the candidate of the No Labels "New Generation of Leadership" crowd that Rice is a leader of.

No, Buttigieg is the candidate of Democrats who want someone with a positive vision for America’s future, ideally coming from someone not in their 70s.

So people like Kathleen Rice. Got it.

Look, if a random inoffensive backbencher wants to support Buttigieg, that's fine by me.  But let's not pretend this makes Buttigieg a third way corporate shill or that he ever was one.

There are legitimate criticisms one can make of Buttigieg.  His record on criminal justice issues - while not containing anything suggesting bad intentions - is far from ideal.  He is waaaaaaaaaay too close to the Silicon Valley crowd (this is my biggest problem with him tbh).  He does not have a ton of experience.  Fairly or unfairly, there is a chance that - especially given the racially-charged false narratives that have been spread through bad faith criticisms by some of Sanders' supporters, sometimes egged on by the Sanders campaign itself - he may struggle to get the GE turnout we need from African-American voters even if he does everything perfectly with respect to voter outreach.  Additionally, there is a risk that if elected, he might repeat some of the early mistakes of Obama's Presidency by thinking the Republicans have any interest or even an incentive to compromise on policy rather than just reflexively opposing everything he does. 

However, Buttigieg is not an empty suit.  You may not like the fact that he's turned out to be the real deal and has a powerful vision for the future which clearly appeals to many Democrats, but anyone who thinks he's just "successful Beto" isn't paying attention.  He is not some NIMBY caricature nor does he have a history of deliberately enabling racist cops.  He's definitely made some bad mistakes in that area and deserves extra scrutiny, but let's not rewrite history here.  The man is not Bob McCulloch, not even close.  The fact that Sanders and Warren's supporters are still butthurt that Buttigieg wiped the floor with Warren in an exchange about healthcare - an issue about which Warren has consistently been far less honest than Buttigieg or Sanders, I should add - does not make Buttigieg a corrupt shill.  There is middle ground between "AOC crowd/Berniecrat" and "neo-liberal, third way corporate hack."  Could he turn into a complete sell out in the future?  Of course, he's a politician...but he hasn't done that yet, at least no more than anyone else running.

And the thing is that the false narratives are only going to make it harder to defeat Trump if Buttigieg is the nominee (an outcome which is at least realistically possible even if it's not likely).
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #628 on: November 30, 2019, 12:53:30 PM »

rhg2052

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -6.78

« Reply #629 on: November 30, 2019, 04:54:05 PM »

Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #630 on: December 03, 2019, 09:15:32 AM »

Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #631 on: December 04, 2019, 08:15:22 AM »
« Edited: December 04, 2019, 09:34:27 AM by punching violence in the face »

I suppose it was only a matter of time. Buttigieg is the only Democratic veteran.
Lord Halifax
Papua New Guinea

« Reply #632 on: December 04, 2019, 09:36:09 AM »

I suppose it was only a matter of time. Buttigieg is the only Democratic veteran.

If you don't count Gabbard
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #633 on: December 04, 2019, 12:23:56 PM »

"Democratic" is the key word there.
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #634 on: December 04, 2019, 12:44:05 PM »

Ding-ding.

Interestingly enough, I said I was waiting on EMILY's List to endorse Warren and forgot Klobuchar was still in this thing.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #635 on: December 05, 2019, 12:08:11 PM »

John Kerry has endorsed Joe Biden.

GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #636 on: December 05, 2019, 12:14:43 PM »

Another yuuuuuge endorsement for Biden.  Go Joe!
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #637 on: December 05, 2019, 02:07:03 PM »

John Kerry has endorsed Joe Biden.

Massive freedom fighter endorses massive freedom fighter!
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #638 on: December 05, 2019, 02:20:00 PM »

Inb4 Kerry is dismissed as another Moderate Hero Corporate Sell Out.
Storr
Junior Chimp
Moldova, Republic of

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #639 on: December 05, 2019, 02:30:41 PM »

Kerry isn't a moderate hero, but he is a corporate sell out.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #640 on: December 05, 2019, 02:41:45 PM »

That's it. He's a total flip-flopper like he has always been, especially with his famous "I voted for the $87 billion before I voted against it."
W
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.71, S: -8.61

« Reply #641 on: December 05, 2019, 03:28:41 PM »
« Edited: December 05, 2019, 05:15:20 PM by W »

Any effect on the race because of this? I have to admit getting a former nominee who was also Sec of State and a long tenured senator is good for Joe. Will it change his polling much? Ehhh, not too sure about that. Kerry isn't as well known or well liked as some of his peers, and this seems to be mostly under the radar. Not sure if him campaigning in Iowa will help much either. He has the distinction of being the only dem to lose the popular vote this millenium, so that may not bode well.
I Can Now Die Happy
NYC Millennial Minority
United States
Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: -4.70

P P
« Reply #642 on: December 05, 2019, 03:30:02 PM »

The kind of loser who lost to George W. Bush despite having a real opportunity to win endorses the kind of loser who will lose to Donald J. Trump on top of having even less of a real opportunity to win.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #643 on: December 05, 2019, 03:36:46 PM »

Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #644 on: December 05, 2019, 03:40:28 PM »

That's it. He's a total flip-flopper like he has always been, especially with his famous "I voted for the $87 billion before I voted against it."

If UWS agrees with you then start looking what you did wrong.
coloradocowboi
United States

« Reply #645 on: December 06, 2019, 12:05:24 AM »

Another yuuuuuge endorsement for Biden.  Go Joe!

This is exactly why I'm actually pretty sure Biden won't be the nominee. Nobody cares about John Kerry. Nobody except political junkies think this matters at all. A Nene Leakes endorsement would sway more people.
Strong Candidate
123NY
Rookie

« Reply #646 on: December 09, 2019, 11:36:06 PM »

Sam Liccardo, the mayor of San Jose and a previous supporter of Kamala Harris, will support Bloomberg, and co-chair his campaign: https://www.mercurynews.com/2019/12/09/sam-liccardo-endorses-mike-bloomberg-for-president/
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #647 on: December 10, 2019, 08:30:57 AM »

Sam Liccardo, the mayor of San Jose and a previous supporter of Kamala Harris, will support Bloomberg, and co-chair his campaign: https://www.mercurynews.com/2019/12/09/sam-liccardo-endorses-mike-bloomberg-for-president/

Bloomberg and Steyer personify one of the American political establishment's worst impulses: this idea that somehow being a wealthy businessman should automatically make you a credible candidate for public office.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying businesspeople can't sometimes turn out to be excellent public servants because it has happened before...but more often than not, it doesn't work.  The mentality that the top priority making money for oneself and one's partners, friends, investors, shareholders, etc is antithetical to a public service mindset where making money is never an end in and of itself because public service is about putting the community's best interests first and foremost, even at the direct expense of one's own personal interests. 

Moreover, this idea is really rooted in a pretty gross, ego-driven belief held by both parties' donor classes that if you're rich, that's somehow proof you can handle anything.  To be fair, Steyer seems to generally mean well-ish – granted, I still don't know all that much about the man - and while I've never been a fan (to say the lest), even I have to admit Bloomberg has done some good things.  That said, they both have no real support base among the public, no one really wanted either of them to run, neither seems to have a comprehensive platform compared to any of the four frontrunners, there was no great sense of dissatisfaction with the Democratic field amongst the primary electorate, and both Steyer and (especially) Bloomberg are waaaaaaaaasaaaay out of step with what the voters want. 

Their candidacies are rooted in this awful elitist belief that their wealth entitles them to instant credibility and that they should be able to buy the nomination.  If it about were more than just their personal vanity, they'd be putting the money they've been burning running for President into things like supporting Democratic candidates in competitive congressional races and state legislative races (imagine if they maxed out to Democrats in key state legislative races across the country, it'd go a long way), GOTV, helping fund legal challenges to anti-voting rights legislation, etc, etc, etc. 

Instead, Tom Steyer spams the TV with ads where he sits in a chair like some odiously Sorkinian* pseudo-wise man come down from on high to lecture the voters in their living rooms.  Bloomberg doesn't even bother with any pretense of trying to get into a debate so he can make his case to the voters and isn't even competing in the first four states because apparently those voters don't matter as long as you have money.  They represent a deliberate, anti-democratic effort to buy a major party's nomination - Bloomberg barely even pretends this isn't the case - and that alone should be reason enough to vote against either of them. 

*albeit speaking at a much slower pace

/RantOver
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #648 on: December 10, 2019, 04:03:55 PM »

Joe Biden gets major South Carolina endorsement from former Harris backers

A prominent group of black women activists in South Carolina that backed Kamala Harris endorsed Joe Biden on Tuesday, further strengthening the former vice president's standing in the first-in-the-South primary state.

Known as "The Reckoning Crew," the group of more than 90 women includes current and former elected officials, activists, and faith leaders and has played a critical role in grassroots organizing in the state. [...]

Full CBS Article
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #649 on: December 13, 2019, 12:07:59 PM »

A curious endorsement from Soldati. While more establishment-leaning, he was one of the more progressive candidates in my congressional primary (I believe one of two to call for abolishing ICE, for example).

He's fairly popular in Strafford County, which has a good amount of Dems in the state.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 ... 54  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies