Democratic Primary Endorsement Tracker
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:35:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Democratic Primary Endorsement Tracker
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 [54]
Poll
Question: Who will Jon Tester endorse?
Biden

Bullock

Other (Please specify)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 161

Author Topic: Democratic Primary Endorsement Tracker  (Read 124376 times)
redjohn

Political Matrix
E: -3.35, S: -4.17

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1325 on: April 07, 2020, 01:58:20 PM »

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1247482370615279617

B-b-b-b-b-but red rose avatars on Twitter told me Biden's a segregationist!

Why isn't he supporting Bernie??? Has he forgotten how he bravely marched alongside MLK? What has the Delaware crypto-Republican done to compare?

John Lewis was a great civil rights leader, but he has been an awful congressman (even by the low standard of the CBC), a right wing corporate whore all the way. He was always going to endorse Biden, that has nothing to do with civil rights.

Yikes, this is a bad take. He voted against NAFTA, welfare reform, and let protests against the Iraq war and gun violence. Absolutely disgusting to call him a right-wing corporate whore. Not even sure what you're referring to. Lewis is a civil rights hero.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1326 on: April 07, 2020, 02:02:06 PM »

The amount of white Rose Twitter accounts I've seen calling Lewis a traitor to the civil rights movement is staggering...
I saw them call him a DNC mouthpiece and a slave I was like Oh wow.....
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1327 on: April 07, 2020, 02:08:00 PM »
« Edited: April 07, 2020, 02:23:32 PM by #Bidemings2020 »

The amount of white Rose Twitter accounts I've seen calling Lewis a traitor to the civil rights movement is staggering...

I like Bernie. I don't like all of his policies, but he's a good man, and I truly felt bad for him on Super Tuesday despite being a Biden supporter. His supporters, on the other hand, are pompous a-holes who recklessly burn down bridges and step on people who agree with them on 95% of the issues because they're not with them on everything.

Not to mention they're just petty and throw punches for the dumbest sh*t. Just yesterday, they were literally attacking Jill Biden for using the prefix "Dr." because her doctorate is in education and not in medicine.
redjohn

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1328 on: April 07, 2020, 02:25:18 PM »

I like Bernie. I don't like all of his policies, but he's a good man, and I truly felt bad for him on Super Tuesday despite being a Biden supporter. His supporters, on the other hand, are pompous a-holes who recklessly burn down bridges and step on people who agree with them on 95% of the issues because they're not with them on everything.

Just yesterday, they were literally attacking Jill Biden for using the prefix "Dr." because her doctorate is in education and not in medicine.

You can say this for literally anyone's supporters. Biden's people were attacking a Bernie spokesperson for criticizing Kamala Harris over her lack of advocacy/support for universal healthcare. Biden supporters have also said horrible things about Ilhan Omar and Rashida Tlaib in the past. It's not a good measure of the candidate, especially in a national election where every candidate is bound to have some staunch supporters who burn bridges.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1329 on: April 07, 2020, 02:28:05 PM »

You can say this for literally anyone's supporters. Biden's people were attacking a Bernie spokesperson for criticizing Kamala Harris over her lack of advocacy/support for universal healthcare. Biden supporters have also said horrible things about Ilhan Omar and Rashida Tlaib in the past. It's not a good measure of the candidate, especially in a national election where every candidate is bound to have some staunch supporters who burn bridges.

Brie Brie accused Harris of being indifferent to people dying of cancer. Harris' own mother died from cancer. It was a disgusting attack and she was rightfully excoriated by anyone with a minimal sense of decency.
redjohn

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1330 on: April 07, 2020, 02:30:10 PM »

Brie Brie accused Harris of being indifferent to people dying of cancer. Harris' own mother died from cancer. It was a disgusting attack and she was rightfully excoriated by anyone with a minimal sense of decency.

Not true, Kamala called for free coronavirus testing and in response she asked whether it's okay to die from cancer or diabetes if you're poor. Come on. Kamala can take the heat, she's an elected official. Stop babying your politicians.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1331 on: April 07, 2020, 03:16:23 PM »

Not true, Kamala called for free coronavirus testing and in response she asked whether it's okay to die from cancer or diabetes if you're poor. Come on. Kamala can take the heat, she's an elected official. Stop babying your politicians.

The question was totally irrelevant and tone-deaf. Not to mention it continues the malicious implication by Sanders' surrogates and supporters than anybody who doesn't agree with his M4A proposal is a monster who takes pleasure in watching people suffer and die.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #1332 on: April 07, 2020, 04:32:19 PM »

The question was totally irrelevant and tone-deaf. Not to mention it continues the malicious implication by Sanders' surrogates and supporters than anybody who doesn't agree with his M4A proposal is a monster who takes pleasure in watching people suffer and die.

Didn't you get the moderate memo? Being heartless monsters who want people to die is our new campaign strategy!!!

/s (if it wasn't already painfully obvious)
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1333 on: April 07, 2020, 04:52:33 PM »

redjohn, do you think Hitler was right to kill all those Jews?

Kind of an insulting question, isn't it?  That I'm even asking it at all implies that I think there's a legitimate chance you have a pro-Hitler answer.  The most generous possible take is that I'm just asking a douchey rhetorical question.

Now replace "Hitler was right" with "poor people deserve to die from cancer" and you get the question asked of the likely VP by the official mouthpiece of the Sanders campaign.
redjohn

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1334 on: April 07, 2020, 05:31:40 PM »

Kind of an insulting question, isn't it?  That I'm even asking it at all implies that I think there's a legitimate chance you have a pro-Hitler answer.  The most generous possible take is that I'm just asking a douchey rhetorical question.

Now replace "Hitler was right" with "poor people deserve to die from cancer" and you get the question asked of the likely VP by the official mouthpiece of the Sanders campaign.

godwin's law activates
American2020
Côte d'Ivoire

« Reply #1335 on: April 07, 2020, 06:31:19 PM »

GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1336 on: April 07, 2020, 07:52:39 PM »

godwin's law activates

That's literally not what Godwin's law is but keep trolling
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1337 on: April 07, 2020, 08:02:59 PM »

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1247482370615279617

B-b-b-b-b-but red rose avatars on Twitter told me Biden's a segregationist!

Why isn't he supporting Bernie??? Has he forgotten how he bravely marched alongside MLK? What has the Delaware crypto-Republican done to compare?

John Lewis was a great civil rights leader, but he has been an awful congressman (even by the low standard of the CBC), a right wing corporate whore all the way. He was always going to endorse Biden, that has nothing to do with civil rights.

i am 12 years old and what is this.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1338 on: April 07, 2020, 08:34:46 PM »

godwin's law activates

That's literally not what Godwin's law is but keep trolling

Godwin's law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches 1.

MacArthur: *takes part in an online discussion that's growing longer*

MacArthur: *compares the progressive implication of moderates wanting people to die with implying that people are okay with Hitler killing Jews*

also MacArthur: "That's literally not what Godwin's law is."

No, MacArthur, that's literally precisely what Godwin's law is, & I say that as somebody who agrees with the merits of the argument that your side is trying to make. The substance & style with which you're trying to further said argument is f**ked up.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1339 on: April 07, 2020, 10:42:28 PM »

I thought Godwin's Law involved actually comparing something or someone to Hitler/Nazis?  The comparison is between quotes.  Hitler just happens to be in the quote to make it ridiculous.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1340 on: April 07, 2020, 10:47:36 PM »

I thought Godwin's Law involved actually comparing something or someone to Hitler/Nazis?  The comparison is between quotes.  Hitler just happens to be in the quote to make it ridiculous.

No, the comparison just has to involve Nazis/Hitler. It doesn't necessarily mean you're comparing something to Nazis/Hitler. So as soon as Hitler was brought into the discussion, Godwin's law was 'invoked.'
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1341 on: April 08, 2020, 12:24:30 AM »

I thought Godwin's Law involved actually comparing something or someone to Hitler/Nazis?  The comparison is between quotes.  Hitler just happens to be in the quote to make it ridiculous.

No, the comparison just has to involve Nazis/Hitler. It doesn't necessarily mean you're comparing something to Nazis/Hitler. So as soon as Hitler was brought into the discussion, Godwin's law was 'invoked.'

Well, learn something new every day.  That's not as fun of a law as I thought though. 
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1342 on: April 08, 2020, 02:12:08 PM »

The time has come. Release the Baracken!!

Pages: 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 [54]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies