Democratic Primary Endorsement Tracker
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2024, 02:54:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Democratic Primary Endorsement Tracker
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 54
Poll
Question: Who will Jon Tester endorse?
Biden

Bullock

Other (Please specify)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 161

Author Topic: Democratic Primary Endorsement Tracker  (Read 127188 times)
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.25, S: -6.50

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2019, 12:52:06 PM »

That's actually pretty big. Hill is one of the most high profile freshman in the House. Not to mention she made her being a millennial a big part of her congressional campaign. Maybe she could work on drumming up support for Kamala amongst younger voters?

Roll Eyes

It's one congresswoman. It would be big if, you know, the Governor Newsom or senior senator of CA  Feinstein endorsed her.

Yeah, okay. You know the entire California delegation more or less is going to line up behind her other than maybe someone super-mavericky like Eric Swalwell for whom she is too liberal.

That has never happened in D primary history, so it would be a first. But seriously, she's one congresswoman, its not a big endorsement. Katie doesnt have
1. The clout to get support among the grassroots like AOC
2. The connections to help get more endorsements like Lee, Pelosi, or Newsom
3. The name rec to make this a big endorsement

This is just an endorsement from a sitting congressmember from CA, just like Ted Leiu's. Nothing more, nothing less. This isnt a big deal, nor a game changer, just an endorsement.

Roll Eyes

Barbara Lee has been at all of her kick-off events. She's obviously going to endorse at some point. Newsom is a close ally of Harris. He's obviously going to endorse, too. Pelosi doesn't usually endorse at all until the final result is clear, so that's not meaningful.

And AOC is not really that important an endorsement, and the idea that she is somehow more important than other Congresspeople is ridiculous. But feel free to spin and look like an idiot.

As I said before, Lee and Newsom's endorsements would be big news that would be pretty important for the CA primary. But they havent endorsed her yet, and its not even what I was talking about in the first place.

As to the AOC thing, she kind of is. Shes known throughout the country(even more so than some D presidential candidates), and has a large following who, I would guess, would be pretty eager to fundraise for her. There is a pretty obvious difference between Hill and AOC in terms of reach, grassroots, etc, that I shouldnt even need to point out.

Anyway, as I said before, one congressmember's endorsement isnt a big deal, or a game changer, especially when that congressmember doesnt have the three qualities that I described in my last post. Its really that simple.
Pouring Rain and Blairing Music
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2019, 12:53:50 PM »

That's actually pretty big. Hill is one of the most high profile freshman in the House. Not to mention she made her being a millennial a big part of her congressional campaign. Maybe she could work on drumming up support for Kamala amongst younger voters?

Roll Eyes

It's one congresswoman. It would be big if, you know, the Governor Newsom or senior senator of CA  Feinstein endorsed her.

Yeah, okay. You know the entire California delegation more or less is going to line up behind her other than maybe someone super-mavericky like Eric Swalwell for whom she is too liberal.

That has never happened in D primary history, so it would be a first. But seriously, she's one congresswoman, its not a big endorsement. Katie doesnt have

This is just an endorsement from a sitting congressmember from CA, just like Ted Leiu's. Nothing more, nothing less. This isnt a big deal, nor a game changer, just an endorsement.

Roll Eyes

Barbara Lee has been at all of her kick-off events. She's obviously going to endorse at some point. Newsom is a close ally of Harris. He's obviously going to endorse, too. Pelosi doesn't usually endorse at all until the final result is clear, so that's not meaningful.

And AOC is not really that important an endorsement, and the idea that she is somehow more important than other Congresspeople is ridiculous. But feel free to spin and look like an idiot.

I think AOC’s endorsement would only be a big deal if she doesn’t endorse Bernie.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2019, 04:23:38 PM »

Roll Eyes

Roll Eyes

I think AOC’s endorsement would only be a big deal if she doesn’t endorse Bernie.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2019, 06:15:34 PM »

California's Lt. Governor [Eleni Kounalakis] and Treasurer [Fiona Ma] endorsed Harris, as did San Francisco Mayor London Breed.  In other news, Emmanuel Cleaver supposedly endorsed Julian Castro, but I can't find that anywhere except The Intercept, so we might wanna hold off on putting that one on the board until it's confirmed by a credible source. 

Sidenote: I just realized that while they're obviously both running, neither Warren nor Gillibrand has officially launched their campaign yet (still both doing the silly exploratory committee thing).  Harris has officially launched her campaign, so I imagine she'll be getting most of the announced endorsements and publicity until another major candidate has a formal campaign launch.
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2019, 06:24:30 PM »

California's Lt. Governor [Eleni Kounalakis] and Treasurer [Fiona Ma] endorsed Harris, as did San Francisco Mayor London Breed.  In other news, Emmanuel Cleaver supposedly endorsed Julian Castro, but I can't find that anywhere except The Intercept, so we might wanna hold off on putting that one on the board until it's confirmed by a credible source. 

Sidenote: I just realized that while they're obviously both running, neither Warren nor Gillibrand has officially launched their campaign yet (still both doing the silly exploratory committee thing).  Harris has officially launched her campaign, so I imagine she'll be getting most of the announced endorsements and publicity until another major candidate has a formal campaign launch.

Now this. This is big news.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2019, 07:06:30 PM »

Now this. This is big news.

Of course, it's not big news.  Just helping keep the thread up-to-date Tongue
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2019, 08:30:32 PM »

Endorsements don't mean much anymore, but having California possibly already in the bag (as would be expected) will provide her with a significant amount of delegates since she will probably win it big. Face it, Harris is cleaning up early.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2019, 04:16:41 PM »

Bob Menendez and Phil Murphy both endorse Booker, becoming the first Senator and Governor to do so.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2019, 05:42:36 PM »

Guys, we might as well cancel the primaries; Tim Canova endorsed Tulsi Gabbard!
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #34 on: February 01, 2019, 06:31:30 PM »

Bob Menendez and Phil Murphy both endorse Booker, becoming the first Senator and Governor to do so.

I wonder what sort of person Bob Menendez's endorsement sways? "I wasn't sure about Cory, but now that the Senator from his state that almost went to prison endorsed, I'm totally for him."
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #35 on: February 03, 2019, 01:26:12 PM »

I'm not putting it in the tracker, but Harry Reid essentially endorsed Warren:

Huge news regarding the Nevada Caucus.
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #36 on: February 04, 2019, 10:40:35 PM »

I'm not putting it in the tracker, but Harry Reid essentially endorsed Warren:

Huge news regarding the Nevada Caucus.
Now that is a shocker.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #37 on: February 05, 2019, 10:19:37 AM »

Hehe

David Duke endorsed Tulsi Gabbard on Twitter this morning.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #38 on: February 05, 2019, 10:21:23 AM »

Hehe

David Duke endorsed Tulsi Gabbard on Twitter this morning.

LOL
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #39 on: February 08, 2019, 01:11:29 PM »

Joe Kennedy to endorse Liz Warren.

Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #40 on: February 10, 2019, 04:04:02 PM »

Klobuchar got Gov. Walz's and Lt. Gov. Flanagan's endorsements at her rally.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #41 on: February 10, 2019, 04:04:25 PM »

Added Amy Klobuchar and Elizabeth Warren endorsements.
Unbeatable Titan Susan Collins
johnzaharoff

« Reply #42 on: February 10, 2019, 04:05:06 PM »

Tinia Smith (Sen), Tim Waltz (Gov) endorsed Klobuchar as did US reps Angie Craig and Dean Phillips.

The LT. Gov and Auditor of Minnesota as did the mayor of Minneapolis but I don't know if you would include them.  

My bad you already added them
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #43 on: February 10, 2019, 04:14:14 PM »

Tinia Smith (Sen), Tim Waltz (Gov) endorsed Klobuchar as did US reps Angie Craig and Dean Phillips.

The LT. Gov and Auditor of Minnesota as did the mayor of Minneapolis but I don't know if you would include them.  

My bad you already added them

Here's who's going to get automatic inclusion included here (and order):

1. Governors
2. US Senators
3. US House Members
4. Statewide Elected Officials
5. Mayors of cities over 100,000

I'll add others if they are major enough to be included (former presidents, former presidential nominees, major former elected officials, etc.)
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #44 on: February 10, 2019, 08:19:56 PM »

Henry Cisneros endorsed Castro.  Also, Duluth Mayor (over 200,000 people) Emily Larson has endorsed Klobuchar.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #45 on: February 11, 2019, 09:16:38 AM »

Henry Cisneros endorsed Castro.  Also, Duluth Mayor (over 200,000 people) Emily Larson has endorsed Klobuchar.

City of Duluth is only about 86,293. Metro area is over 200,000.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #46 on: February 11, 2019, 09:21:56 AM »

Got it, my bad.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #47 on: February 11, 2019, 11:15:42 AM »

Got it, my bad.

No worries, I briefly got confused by that as well.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #48 on: February 14, 2019, 04:07:03 PM »

Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix