Bernie Sanders 2020 campaign megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 07:28:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Bernie Sanders 2020 campaign megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 ... 77
Author Topic: Bernie Sanders 2020 campaign megathread  (Read 129727 times)
MRS DONNA SHALALA
cuddlebuns
South Africa

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1050 on: April 03, 2019, 12:15:43 PM »

Biden not running wouldn’t be all that ideal for Bernie he’d be the oldest candidate by far and his age would be front and center unable to point to Biden as an out.

Mike Gravel is over a decade older.

Mike Gravel is not a real candidate.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #1051 on: April 03, 2019, 01:17:16 PM »

Sanders to do a town hall event on Fox News Channel on April 15th:

https://apnews.com/5293e120a4904736b2a51d01cdbb08f8

Fox News Channel says Bernie Sanders will appear on the network for a town hall event on April 15, the first Democrat to venture onto Fox for this type of an event in the current presidential campaign cycle.

Bret Baier and Martha MacCallum will co-anchor the town hall, which will be held in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania. It will focus on the economy and jobs.

Hopefully more Democrats follow suit #BreakUpTheEchoChamber
James Monroe

« Reply #1052 on: April 03, 2019, 03:51:20 PM »

○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #1053 on: April 03, 2019, 03:58:31 PM »

Fox is propaganda, but it's not more propaganda than MSNBC.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1054 on: April 03, 2019, 04:01:19 PM »

Don't get me wrong, Fox is garbage, but Democrats refusing to go on Fox just gives the "DeMoCrAtS aRe TrIgGeReD aNd WaNt To CeNsOr ThE rIgHt" crowd more ammunition, and it's better for Democrats to at least expose Fox viewers to their message, and disrupt the echo chamber, as some users here claim that they're fond of doing on Atlas.
James Monroe

« Reply #1055 on: April 03, 2019, 04:33:13 PM »

Fox is propaganda, but it's not more propaganda than MSNBC.

MSNBC has conservative pundits on their shows.

Fox doesn't have any notable liberals on their shows.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1056 on: April 03, 2019, 04:44:51 PM »

Don't get me wrong, Fox is garbage, but Democrats refusing to go on Fox just gives the "DeMoCrAtS aRe TrIgGeReD aNd WaNt To CeNsOr ThE rIgHt" crowd more ammunition, and it's better for Democrats to at least expose Fox viewers to their message, and disrupt the echo chamber, as some users here claim that they're fond of doing on Atlas.
Ok but Trump won’t go anywhere but FOX News. Who cares if Republicans think we don’t want to go there? Bernie Sanders should be reaching out to constituencies he struggled with in 2016 instead of chasing Republicans. That’s his problem now. He’s worried about folks that wouldn’t spit on him if he were on fire.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1057 on: April 03, 2019, 04:58:30 PM »

Ok but Trump won’t go anywhere but FOX News. Who cares if Republicans think we don’t want to go there? Bernie Sanders should be reaching out to constituencies he struggled with in 2016 instead of chasing Republicans. That’s his problem now. He’s worried about folks that wouldn’t spit on him if he were on fire.

Going on to Fox to get his message out in case a small percentage of Trump voters might be receptive (even a tiny number of voters defecting could be critical) and appealing to a broader base in the primary are not mutually exclusive.
Heebie Jeebie
jeb_arlo
United States

« Reply #1058 on: April 03, 2019, 05:36:11 PM »

Yes, let's do all we can to boost the viewership of FOX News and burnish their image as a credible news source and not just a right-wing propaganda machine.  Roll Eyes  God, Sanders is such a delusional fool some times.  This isn't complicated--Don't lend credibility to an organization whose entire goal is to destroy everything you stand for!  He's being an idiot, and anybody who supports this move is also being an idiot.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1059 on: April 03, 2019, 05:42:01 PM »

Going on to Fox to get his message out in case a small percentage of Trump voters might be receptive (even a tiny number of voters defecting could be critical) and appealing to a broader base in the primary are not mutually exclusive.
Trump voters are not interested in what he has to say. They voted on their visceral hatred of Mexicans and Muslims. Let's stop pretending they are policy wonks who just need to have things explained to them gently like newborn babies. I know Bernie thinks he has the special sauce to make these people change their ideology but they are who they are. Him going over there is not going to change a thing. Nobody that watches FOX News is vital to a Democratic victory in 2020.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1060 on: April 03, 2019, 06:01:07 PM »

Trump voters are not interested in what he has to say. They voted on their visceral hatred of Mexicans and Muslims. Let's stop pretending they are policy wonks who just need to have things explained to them gently like newborn babies. I know Bernie thinks he has the special sauce to make these people change their ideology but they are who they are. Him going over there is not going to change a thing. Nobody that watches FOX News is vital to a Democratic victory in 2020.

I never said that they were policy wonks. Some might consider Bernie (or any candidate, really) not because of policy, but because they feel like he "gets them" or is "authentic." It might be silly, but if that's how we get 50,000 more votes in states like Pennsylvania and Wisconsin, so be it. Winning all of the rational, sane people in this country won't be enough for any Democrat. They need to win a majority (or at least a plurality in the right states, which can't be done only with votes from intelligent people.)

And yeah, the overwhelming majority of Trump supporters have no interest in voting for any Democrat. However, if he could even get 1-2% of Trump voters to consider voting for him, that could make the difference in a close race. Plus, this doesn't give Fox "credibility", it just disrupts the echo chamber. A lot of conservatives claim that Democrats are too afraid of engaging with them and leaving their bubble. This is a good way to prove them wrong. You can attack Fox and expose their viewers to a message that they probably never hear.
henster
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1061 on: April 03, 2019, 06:20:06 PM »

Obviously there's going to be a lot of plants in the "audience" maybe they'll finally press him on stuff like his tax returns, three houses, praise of bread lines and Venezuela. He's not going to talk about what he wants to talk about on there, they'll get as many soundbites as they can out of it for the RNC.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #1062 on: April 03, 2019, 06:21:41 PM »

Obviously there's going to be a lot of plants in the "audience" maybe they'll finally press him on stuff like his tax returns, three houses, praise of bread lines and Venezuela. He's not going to talk about what he wants to talk about on there, they'll get as many soundbites as they can out of it for the RNC.

So just like the CNN town hall, then?
henster
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1063 on: April 03, 2019, 06:24:04 PM »

It will definitely be more combative and they'll definitely ask a lot of gotcha questions. I expect them to get into the late term abortion rabbit hole, it's gonna be a landmine and I think he's going to regret it.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #1064 on: April 03, 2019, 06:27:27 PM »

It will definitely be more combative and they'll definitely ask a lot of gotcha questions. I expect them to get into the late term abortion rabbit hole, it's gonna be a landmine and I think he's going to regret it.

There are a lot of people in the media who want to take Bernie down, and most of them don't work for Fox. Bernie knows how to handle tough questions.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #1065 on: April 03, 2019, 06:35:20 PM »

Fox News Channel says Bernie Sanders will appear on the network for a town hall event on April 15, the first Democrat to venture onto Fox for this type of an event in the current presidential campaign cycle.

Bret Baier and Martha MacCallum will co-anchor the town hall, which will be held in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania. It will focus on the economy and jobs.

Good for him. Bernie continues to impress.
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.25, S: -6.50

« Reply #1066 on: April 03, 2019, 06:41:18 PM »

This seems incredibly dumb. I get it, the Dems dont like Fox News and Fox News doesnt like the Dems, but come on. Complaining that Sanders took an interview on the show means literally nothing. It will increase their viewership..for the one day its aired. It allows him to branch off to another sector of the electorate. This seems like an incredibly dumb "scandal"(is it even a scandal?) to be harping on him about.
James Monroe

« Reply #1067 on: April 03, 2019, 06:41:52 PM »

Of course you'll say that. You are a Republican.  Try speaking to a member of the base and sympathize our anger at him for pandering to racist Trump voters. I guess everyone didn't listen when I made the assumption of Bernie modeling Trump's coalition and platform of 2016.

OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1068 on: April 03, 2019, 06:43:07 PM »

People are seriously upset with him going to Fox? There are other issues way more important than this that are Ctually worth getting pressed about.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #1069 on: April 03, 2019, 06:48:54 PM »

Of course you'll say that. You are a Republican.  Try speaking to a member of the base and sympathize our anger at him for pandering to racist Trump voters. I guess everyone didn't listen when I made the assumption of Bernie modeling Trump's coalition and platform of 2016.

Because Trump would totally have his press secretary be an undocumented women? This comparison is completely idiotic.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1070 on: April 03, 2019, 06:52:10 PM »

Because Trump would totally have his press secretary be an undocumented women? This comparison is completely idiotic.
They are obviously not similar in substance, but certainly are in style. It is what it is.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #1071 on: April 03, 2019, 07:51:39 PM »

To be fair, Beto also has something of a cult forming as well.

But I'm not allowed to talk about that.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #1072 on: April 03, 2019, 07:55:21 PM »

Beto, Harris, and Sanders are all cultish to a degree.

Biden is sort of the total opposite - a large part of his base seems to be the apathetic and he’s floating on name ref/general goodwill.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #1073 on: April 03, 2019, 07:57:22 PM »

Beto, Harris, and Sanders are all cultish to a degree.

Biden is sort of the total opposite - a large part of his base seems to be the apathetic and he’s floating on name ref/general goodwill.

Can't really disagree with this. I can admit that a lot of people are quite cultish about Sanders, but he has let his supporters down on a few key issues.
Heebie Jeebie
jeb_arlo
United States

« Reply #1074 on: April 04, 2019, 08:11:43 AM »

Why would any Democrat want to help legitimize FOX News?
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 ... 77  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies