Pete Buttigieg 2020 campaign megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 08:02:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Pete Buttigieg 2020 campaign megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 ... 74
Author Topic: Pete Buttigieg 2020 campaign megathread  (Read 137078 times)
James Monroe

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #275 on: April 21, 2019, 10:36:55 AM »

#dontgoonfoxmayorpete

RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #276 on: April 21, 2019, 10:40:00 AM »

LOL watch him win the nomination, be hailed as the new Obama, and then lose to Trump. That'll teach the media on propping up platitude candidates, and LOL @ any person who thinks he has the minority appeal to win back Florida and Michigan.
No kidding. His nomination could result in the lowest black turnout since 1996. And don't get me started with WWC. These people thinking he could win rural voters are delusional
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #277 on: April 21, 2019, 11:51:54 AM »

The last two pages of this thread are actually quite funny because as someone who likes Beto, and  would probably be working for his campaign, I really can't see any difference between how Beto grew into a national candidate, and how Pete did.

At lot of the 'analysis' in this thread seems to be based people assuming they know what other people think- I like Beto, I like Harris and I like Mayor Pete. God knows how I'd vote- that's why it's strange to see people being so vocally opposed so early on- They're all broadly similar candidates, backed by broadly similar people, with broadly similar goals- chill. 

The whole point of a 12 month campaign is that each candidate gets a chance to show how they deal with scandals, how they reach out to rural voters, how they approach policy, how they talk to voters. You can't just declare on day one of the campaign 'well candidate x will never win in the south'.

The best example if how on Atlas in 2005 everyone said that only Mark Warner could win WWC in 2008, and maybe Joe Lieberman was the best pick for his national security skills.

RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #278 on: April 21, 2019, 12:52:15 PM »

Oh please JB! He's a horrible candidate, the end! WWC voters are not going to vote for someone articulate and nerdy as him. They are not the sharpest tools in the shed and therefore, they want someone who speaks to them in a way a six year old would be able to understand. In addition, there is a homophobic section of the black community that would NEVER vote for a gay man, let alone one with the word butt in his last name.
You combine those two factors and he's a goner.
Confused Democrat
reidmill
United States

« Reply #279 on: April 21, 2019, 01:13:15 PM »

The salt in this thread is hilarious. Pete must be doing something right if it's provoking this kind of reaction lol.

If Pete wins the nomination it'll be a herculean feat from where he started off, and it would mean that he had a broad enough appeal to distinguish himself from the other candidates running.

Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #280 on: April 21, 2019, 01:15:46 PM »

Omg not Pete being too smart to be elected... and that argument coming from a Warren supporter I have to laugh.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #281 on: April 21, 2019, 01:18:06 PM »

This guy is so hipster Christian.

💥💥 brandon bro (he/him/his)
peenie_weenie
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #282 on: April 21, 2019, 01:22:34 PM »

Oh please JB! He's a horrible candidate, the end! WWC voters are not going to vote for someone articulate and nerdy as him. They are not the sharpest tools in the shed and therefore, they want someone who speaks to them in a way a six year old would be able to understand.

These same voters voted for Obama, many of them twice.

In addition, there is a homophobic section of the black community that would NEVER vote for a gay man, let alone one with the word butt in his last name.

Huh
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #283 on: April 21, 2019, 02:41:30 PM »

Oh please JB! He's a horrible candidate, the end! WWC voters are not going to vote for someone articulate and nerdy as him. They are not the sharpest tools in the shed and therefore, they want someone who speaks to them in a way a six year old would be able to understand.

In addition, there is a homophobic section of the black community that would NEVER vote for a gay man, let alone one with the word butt in his last name.

Huh
1=Obama won re-election in 2012. We're not in 2012, we're in 2019, get with the program!
2- Just because a black man is elected doesn't mean this country's ready to elect a gay man. We've had this discussion thousands of times for goodness sakes and myself, TT, RFKfan and others have repeatedly told people who make this cliche argument why it doesn't apply!
Whatever, I'm done with this thread.
Big Boy Beto
Rookie
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 3.31, S: -0.83

« Reply #284 on: April 21, 2019, 04:09:13 PM »

Huh
1=Obama won re-election in 2012. We're not in 2012, we're in 2019, get with the program!
2- Just because a black man is elected doesn't mean this country's ready to elect a gay man. We've had this discussion thousands of times for goodness sakes and myself, TT, RFKfan and others have repeatedly told people who make this cliche argument why it doesn't apply!

Jesus, did Pete kill your dog??
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #285 on: April 21, 2019, 04:10:51 PM »

Huh
Chill dude, what is your problem with him?
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #286 on: April 21, 2019, 05:04:32 PM »

LOL watch him win the nomination, be hailed as the new Obama, and then lose to Trump. That'll teach the media on propping up platitude candidates, and LOL @ any person who thinks he has the minority appeal to win back Florida and Michigan.

Obama was able to fuse together minority support with the young and wealthy white people. Gary Hart in 1984 and Pete Buttigieg today are the candidates for the second and third groups, but not the candidate of minorities. It won't be enough to win. It's like the religious right in the GOP, a very strong plurality but not enough to win.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #287 on: April 21, 2019, 06:48:14 PM »

LOL watch him win the nomination, be hailed as the new Obama, and then lose to Trump. That'll teach the media on propping up platitude candidates

>complains about media propping up candidates
>has Harris in sig

OK
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #288 on: April 21, 2019, 07:26:48 PM »

The Gravis poll is gonna show support among Dems :

SANDERS 26
Biden 16
Bettigeg 16
💥💥 brandon bro (he/him/his)
peenie_weenie
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #289 on: April 21, 2019, 08:45:15 PM »

Racial polarization in politics is much higher in 2019 than it was in 2012. Meanwhile, gay rights is more popular in each year. You're conflating two different trends.

I was really reacting more to the butt thing tbh but I still will go on record as saying this fear, while it probably applies to some non-zero number of people, is not going to be a widespread problem, especially in the black community where the choice will be between him and "good people on both sides" Trump.

also citing Techno Tim in support of your argument is like citing Santander. Dude's trolling 3/4 of the time.

Good idea.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #290 on: April 21, 2019, 09:41:37 PM »

LOL watch him win the nomination, be hailed as the new Obama, and then lose to Trump. That'll teach the media on propping up platitude candidates

>has Harris in sig

OK

They literally spent a week debating whether she was black enough. Next.
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #291 on: April 22, 2019, 01:06:51 AM »

>has Harris in sig

OK

They literally spent a week debating whether she was black enough. Next.

They were debating about her and not about the other candidates.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #292 on: April 22, 2019, 02:50:30 AM »

Oh please JB! He's a horrible candidate, the end! WWC voters are not going to vote for someone articulate and nerdy as him. They are not the sharpest tools in the shed and therefore, they want someone who speaks to them in a way a six year old would be able to understand. In addition, there is a homophobic section of the black community that would NEVER vote for a gay man, let alone one with the word butt in his last name.

Please be parody. Please be parody. Please be parody.

Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #293 on: April 22, 2019, 04:38:53 AM »

He will place third among Biden, Sanders and Bettigeg
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #294 on: April 22, 2019, 08:52:29 AM »

He will place third among Biden, Sanders and Bettigeg

Agreed. Biden would be smart to put him the #2 spot, but I expect he will take a woman.
Thatkat04
« Reply #295 on: April 22, 2019, 12:13:55 PM »
« Edited: April 22, 2019, 12:23:38 PM by Thatkat04 »

It seems like the Sander's camp is pretty worried about Buttigieg. They've been attacking him non stop the last week, to the point of mischaracterizing facts and releasing hit pieces(I'm looking at you Young Turks).

Edit: This kind of behavior is making me relive 2016, lol. I'm gonna vote for Sanders if he's the nominee, but if this continues I'll do everything in my power to stop that from happening.
new_patomic

« Reply #296 on: April 22, 2019, 03:38:57 PM »

It seems like the Sander's camp is pretty worried about Buttigieg. They've been attacking him non stop the last week, to the point of mischaracterizing facts and releasing hit pieces(I'm looking at you Young Turks).

Edit: This kind of behavior is making me relive 2016, lol. I'm gonna vote for Sanders if he's the nominee, but if this continues I'll do everything in my power to stop that from happening.

It's hilarious that they're trying to attack him for 'comparing' Bernie to Trump when Bernie's campaign manager literally did the same thing a few weeks ago.
cvparty
United States

« Reply #297 on: April 22, 2019, 04:41:04 PM »

this is a shtpost right ?
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #298 on: April 22, 2019, 07:41:30 PM »
« Edited: April 22, 2019, 08:15:32 PM by Lou Barletta's Teeth »

Atlas CRUCIFIED Harris for doing something far minor than this FYI-

Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #299 on: April 22, 2019, 07:45:30 PM »

Atlas CRUCIFIED Harris for doing something much minor than this FYI-
Mayor Pete was Atlas's chosen one but he's doing everything they hate. LOL.

But Kamala is a corporate shill and Beto is an empty suit. Roll Eyes
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 ... 74  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies