Kamala Harris 2020 campaign megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 10:10:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Kamala Harris 2020 campaign megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 ... 77
Author Topic: Kamala Harris 2020 campaign megathread  (Read 127910 times)
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #575 on: March 11, 2019, 01:14:58 AM »

I'm not the one with s[inks]tty crowd sizes, so I really don't have to prove anything. Candidates who don't pack rooms don't have tangible broad-based support - that's just a fact. Here's another: if you have public, open-to-the-press events and don't put in the proper communications and event planning work to get people there, your campaign sucks.

How strange...

(Population of St. George is literally 2K btw)

I'm sure all of those in attendance came from the one square mile of real estate that is St. George, SC. This is 1750 after all, and people don't travel more than one hour's distance via horse and buggy!

What's unfortunate is the misleading characterization you're making about a completely different event; the 150 or so that showed up in a random rural Black Belt town is obviously much more impressive than the other (especially given the pop density of the area). Still, barely cracking 3 digits at events as a presidential candidate around an early voting state that is demographically your most favorable and when you have the state all to yourself is just sad.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #576 on: March 11, 2019, 01:59:36 AM »

Oh good, Adam's dislike for Harris has increased. This is going to be amazing to watch play out, I think I can feel the thrill coming up my leg already.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #577 on: March 11, 2019, 07:18:25 AM »

Oh good, Adam's dislike for Harris has increased. This is going to be amazing to watch play out, I think I can feel the thrill coming up my leg already.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #578 on: March 11, 2019, 07:36:23 AM »

I'm not the one with s[inks]tty crowd sizes, so I really don't have to prove anything. Candidates who don't pack rooms don't have tangible broad-based support - that's just a fact. Here's another: if you have public, open-to-the-press events and don't put in the proper communications and event planning work to get people there, your campaign sucks.

How strange...

(Population of St. George is literally 2K btw)

I'm sure all of those in attendance came from the one square mile of real estate that is St. George, SC. This is 1750 after all, and people don't travel more than one hour's distance via horse and buggy!

What's unfortunate is the misleading characterization you're making about a completely different event; the 150 or so that showed up in a random rural Black Belt town is obviously much more impressive than the other (especially given the pop density of the area). Still, barely cracking 3 digits at events as a presidential candidate around an early voting state that is demographically your most favorable and when you have the state all to yourself is just sad.

You’re grasping at straws here. She had a campaign launch attended by 22K people, she’s been packing town halls, and she doesn’t manage to fill an event she didn’t headline.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #579 on: March 11, 2019, 07:47:57 AM »

Ugh.  This desperate shrieking from the Harris shills in just SAD!  The rally in her all-in state looks like a friggin’ PTA meeting and they are winding themselves all up trying to defend it while the Sanders campaign packs the house in every random town we roll through.  I suppose I’d be upset, too.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #580 on: March 11, 2019, 07:50:32 AM »
« Edited: March 11, 2019, 07:55:10 AM by Fmr. Pres. Griff »

You’re grasping at straws here. She had a campaign launch attended by 22K people, she’s been packing town halls, and she doesn’t manage to fill an event she didn’t headline.

Getting a good crowd on your home turf isn't exactly impressive - especially when the bulk of the establishment is lining up behind you. I'd certainly hope any viable presidential contender would be able to draw a crowd in their own city/major metro area; otherwise what's the point? After that one event, since when has she drawn respectable crowd sizes? Maybe the reason she's having "town halls" is to obscure the reality of the situation. No real excuse for arguably the second best-funded candidate at the moment if enthusiasm isn't a factor. Unless...

When you're half-filling SBC-sized luncheon rooms in a state where a disproportionate share of your likely coalition resides, in a state where you're the only game in town at the moment and in the state where your path to the nomination likely begins/ends, it's not good. There's no other way to spin it. Wait until Biden jumps in: he'll get 1-5k crowds in SC with 24 hours notice, whether his campaign organizes the event or not.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #581 on: March 11, 2019, 08:07:10 AM »

Getting a good crowd on your home turf isn't exactly impressive - especially when the bulk of the establishment is lining up behind you. I'd certainly hope any viable presidential contender would be able to draw a crowd in their own city/major metro area; otherwise what's the point? After that one event, since when has she drawn respectable crowd sizes? Maybe the reason she's having "town halls" is to obscure the reality of the situation. No real excuse for arguably the second best-funded candidate at the moment if enthusiasm isn't a factor. Unless...

When you're half-filling SBC-sized luncheon rooms in a state where a disproportionate share of your likely coalition resides, in a state where you're the only game in town at the moment and in the state where your path to the nomination likely begins/ends, it's not good. There's no other way to spin it. Wait until Biden jumps in: he'll get 1-5k crowds in SC with 24 hours notice, whether his campaign organizes the event or not.

Wise words, Griff.  These neolibs need a good dose of reality, sometimes.  Kamala is due for a good thrashing by the progressives at this rate.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #582 on: March 11, 2019, 08:56:01 AM »
« Edited: March 11, 2019, 09:01:37 AM by Lou Barletta's Teeth »

I should’ve stopped taking you seriously after your first post, but the fact you think Biden is an exciting candidate is where it’s evident you’re just trolling.

Again, literally ignoring every other townhall and event she packs. That’s called grasping at straws and you’re embarrassing yourself.
ON Progressive
OntarioProgressive
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -8.70

« Reply #583 on: March 11, 2019, 09:29:41 AM »

I should’ve stopped taking you seriously after your first post, but the fact you think Biden is an exciting candidate is where it’s evident you’re just trolling.

Again, literally ignoring every other townhall and event she packs. That’s called grasping at straws and you’re embarrassing yourself.

HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #584 on: March 11, 2019, 09:39:03 AM »

Incorrect.  Griff merely stated that Mr. Biden would likely draw many, many more than 200 anywhere he decided to speak.  This is a proper assessment.  Why can’t you defend Kamala’s sad little PTA meeting without insulting a fine, veteran poster such as Griff?

This belittling of other posters from the Harris crowd is very disturbing, friends.  They are displaying a very authoritarian streak quite prominent among the establishment types.  Oh, despair!
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #585 on: March 11, 2019, 09:53:26 AM »

Adam didn’t even call Biden an exciting candidate. However, what he said is still true. Biden will be able to draw those kind of crowd sizes in SC due to being Obama’s VP and is just overall well-liked among the black community whether we like it or not. That’s not like saying a Harris is a great candidate for the general election because she drew over 20k people at her initial rally in her hometown.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #586 on: March 11, 2019, 10:16:40 AM »

He heavily implied it, and that’s what matters.
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.25, S: -6.50

« Reply #587 on: March 11, 2019, 12:09:52 PM »

I dont see at all where he implies that the reason for Biden getting bigger crowds is because he drives enthusiasm. It seems to imply that Biden is a big name, which makes sense, hes the previous VP and current frontrunner, of course he would get big crowds just as Sanders gets large crowds.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #588 on: March 11, 2019, 12:28:03 PM »

Maybe it's a little soon to write Harris's obituary or declare her the nominee. Radical, I know.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #589 on: March 11, 2019, 12:33:14 PM »

Ok, yeah, I got it. I don’t need the entire Forum chiming in.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #590 on: March 11, 2019, 01:22:44 PM »
« Edited: March 11, 2019, 02:45:28 PM by Lou Barletta's Teeth »

I dont see at all where he implies that the reason for Biden getting bigger crowds is because he drives enthusiasm. It seems to imply that Biden is a big name, which makes sense, hes the previous VP and current frontrunner, of course he would get big crowds just as Sanders gets large crowds.

He doesn’t imply anything of the sort.  Mr. Teeth is just very rattled at Ms. Harris’ pathetic turnout and it’s causing him to make wacky accusations at Griff.  Hopefully she can pack a Starbucks on her next tour of the state to raise his spirits.

Again, you’re ignoring the other events she’s packing. You’re cherry picking, and it’s pathetic.
James Monroe

« Reply #591 on: March 11, 2019, 02:35:35 PM »

Wise words, Griff.  These neolibs need a good dose of reality, sometimes.  Kamala is due for a good thrashing by the progressives at this rate.

Kamala Harris is the true progressive candidate. That's why I'm backing her campaign, wished the neoliberal smear can be dropped.
James Monroe

« Reply #592 on: March 11, 2019, 04:03:25 PM »

Want evidence? Check the progressive punch score, yes Bernie is eight on the list. Kamala is third on the list, behind the Massachusetts senators.

https://progressivepunch.org/scores.htm?house=senate&party=&sort=overall-lifetime&order=down
Canis
canis
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

P P P

« Reply #593 on: March 11, 2019, 06:12:11 PM »

Want evidence? Check the progressive punch score, yes Bernie is eight on the list. Kamala is third on the list, behind the Massachusetts senators.

https://progressivepunch.org/scores.htm?house=senate&party=&sort=overall-lifetime&order=down
>treating progressive punch as a serious outlet
>ignores Kamala's atrocious record as AG
>Says Kamala is more progressive than sanders
>ok than
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #594 on: March 11, 2019, 06:16:04 PM »

>treating progressive punch as a serious outlet
>ignores Kamala's atrocious record as AG
>Says Kamala is more progressive than sanders
>ok than

Not to mention that every single vote she has ever cast has been with an eye on winning the 2020 Democratic Presidential primary, and she still voted multiple times to increase the military budget with Trump as commander in chief. She will only get more conservative from her carefully calculated Senate record.
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #595 on: March 11, 2019, 06:43:37 PM »

Many of the ideology/vote tracking sites can be pretty mediocre or simply rating politicians wrong. For example, voteview rates Ocasio-Cortez as one of the most conservative members in the House!
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.25, S: -6.50

« Reply #596 on: March 11, 2019, 07:15:19 PM »

This is coming from an MA citizen. While you can describe Warren as one of the most Leftwing Democrats in the Senate, if not the most Leftwing member of the senate, no one has ever described Markey as being in the same boat. Sure, he's Leftwing, but 2nd most Leftwing Dem in the senate, after Sanders, Harris, etc.? I wish.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #597 on: March 11, 2019, 07:15:22 PM »

From what I heard about a focus group that discussed potential liabilities of each candidate, the attacks about Harris' record as AG didn't even register with the group. With that said, attacking other candidates is not going to get Sanders the nomination.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #598 on: March 11, 2019, 07:26:35 PM »

Harris has been a Senator for just over two years, Sanders for twelve. She has far fewer votes to score. Not even remotely comparable.
Da2017
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.00, S: -5.00

« Reply #599 on: March 11, 2019, 07:45:48 PM »

From what I heard about a focus group that discussed potential liabilities of each candidate, the attacks about Harris' record as AG didn't even register with the group. With that said, attacking other candidates is not going to get Sanders the nomination.

Link?
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 ... 77  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies