MAGA-teens harass Native American
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 04:53:26 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  MAGA-teens harass Native American
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 ... 20
Author Topic: MAGA-teens harass Native American  (Read 26225 times)
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #250 on: January 21, 2019, 04:41:03 AM »

A very well-crafted response drafted under the threat of imminent expulsion.

I'm not going to use a wall text to respond to this dude, but suffice to say, f*** him. F*** him and his racist ass Buddies who had the audacity to mock an Indian chanting after said Native American had the audacity to approach them while calmly beating a drum. I don't give a flying f*** about who moved to the left or move to the right, and anyone who generally does is a four-star idiot and / or apologist or both. Latino protester calmly approaches crowd of Maga teenagers who break into a loud round of La Cucaracha. Let's focus on whether or not there was a pathway up to the monument or not as opposed to whether or not the teenagers acted in an extremely over unquestioned racist active mob mentality! Asian anti anti immigration protester approaches them doing a Buddhist chant, kids respond with making slant eyes with their fingers and pigeon Oriental speech. G! Surely no way of determining what was in their hearts without closely diagramming the exact path of that chanting Buddhist monk! Otherwise we're merely prejudging these poor dears. Black prosta tester - - A real one, not those s*** heads from the black Israelites who are a bona fide hate organization, as literally no one on the left disputes in the slightest - - singing A Hymn? Well, the kids I started dancing around and chanting stepin fetchit like pho black dialogue, or more likely when there sheltered inviolable whitespace has been compromised by a black presence, they would call 911 like water bottle Whitney or cookout Kathy.

There is literally zero doubt, and I mean 0, that this freshly scrubbed mob of Maga teens engaged in some really ugly racist Behavior doing a mock Indian war chant in response to this guy approaching their group. There are literally 100 different ways to respond to that dude, right up to and including jokes like, um, we heard you fine from over there, can we help you find the restroom sir, or even, dude, you're in my space. None of which involved the unthinkable to certain posters here action of white kids having a back down to a minority, which didn't involved racist heckling like what was engaged in!

No. F*** him. F*** his classmates from that video. And F*** their parents teaching them such poor ideals about how to deal with people different from themselves.

So let's say for the sake of argument, which there may be some reason to question, but let's let that pass, that these kids willfully did mock the Native American drummer and march. Here are some random high school students who said acted insultingly to someone in a crowd (which I'm sure is literally the first and last time that will ever happen Shocked). I'm assuming you've been to a high school assembly or sporting event before, right? Teenagers are nasty literally all the time without it erupting into some national media scandal. And if teenagers are bad, try going to a political protest sometime. You'll get every kind of taunt and slur imaginable shouted at you just for walking by. What would be the proportionate response for this incident? Maybe detention and a series of lectures about Native American culture? What is the goal of this media firestorm? Is it to teach these kids a lesson in how to interact with people from other races and cultures? Or is it to punish them as much possible to  satisfy some sort of political frustration? Is the goal to unleash revenge upon them, nail them to the wall? Hatred is an act of ill will toward another, and if the latter are the motivations for the response here, then your post is more hateful than the students mocking the Native American guy.

The proportionate response needs to come from the school. At school run events you represent the school. You don't wear co-ordinated MAGA hats or treat a pro-life march like a country fair. You can strip out everything else they did or didn't do but they deserve suspension for that alone.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #251 on: January 21, 2019, 09:06:44 AM »

I can't believe people around here are RALLYING AROUND HIM now!!! What a JOKE!!!

The kid's going to be clerking for Justice Kavanaugh by 2027.
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #252 on: January 21, 2019, 09:41:40 AM »

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/20/us/nathan-phillips-covington.html

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Okay.  I'm watching this video again, with a day of hindsight:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIG5ZB0fw1k&feature=youtu.be&t=30

The end of the video shows a crowd friendly to Mr. Phillips behind him.  He was in no way surrounded by the Catholic Scoolboys.  That is not true, period.  The crowd behind Mr. Phillips is sympathetic to his aims.

The girl screaming that the Catholic Schoolboys are "acting like a F---ing mob mentality (sic)" notes that they are 16.  And, yes, the kids in the video are only 16; some appear to be 14 or 15.  A few seem even younger.

In watching 3 minutes and 44 seconds of Nathan Phillips, it is not disputable that he (A) was not surrounded by the student crowd, and (B) was free to walk in any direction he wished to.  He is the one that walked up to this kid who made the statement, and in watching his facial expression, I saw Mr. Phillips actually smile slightly during his presentation.  Mr. Phillips was engaging this student (not the other way around) and clearly enjoyed the upper hand in the mind game.  (I'm not particularly upset that the kid got a lesson in reality from Mr. Phillips, but let's stop the falsehood that Mr. Phillips was being deliberately surrounded by a racist crowd.  The crowd to the rear of Mr. Phillips was friendly to him and taunting the Catholic School Students.

I also looked at the faces and reactions of some of the kids in the crowd.  Some of it was the nervousness of immaturity, and some of those kids looked awfully young, no more than 14.  There WAS a crowd of Hebrew Israelites nearby (a group labeled black supremacists by the SPLC).  I'll bet few of those kids ever came face to face with the reality of demonstrators and counter-demonstrators playing for keeps, and I'll bet that more than a few of those kids were crapping in their pants seeing real live angry people (who, truthfully, hated them for who THEY were).  Look at some of the faces.  I saw lots of nervous laughter, cognitive distraction, and doing what was needed to get through a situation which caused these kids to find themselves being a bit over their heads.  (I understand why these kids would go to the March For Life, but I don't really think that taking these kids to Leftist Politcal Marches is a safe field trip, given what would happen if the REAL counterprotesters show up.)

This was a bad event that shouldn't have happened.  Some of it is the chaperones' fault.  While I am staunchly pro-life, I would not want my 13 year old son marching in such an event without me present, due to the reality that there are extremists at all these events who can turn the thing South at any time.  (I'm not a protesting type, anyway.)  But these are KIDS, and they are pilloried by people who are as hate-filled as they say those kids are.  People who have had their own share of grace in life and choose not to recognize it.  I'm not sure what the school should do regarding these kids, but I do think that the school should have the guts to view all of the media and make their judgement taking into account that this issue is being litigated through the lenses of some of the most biased journalism I have seen in my lifetime.

1.At the end of the video you only see a very small portion of the crowd behind Mr Phillips, another video from a different angle shows a bunch of students stepped up from behind Mr Phillips to encircle him.

2.At between the 47 and 54 second mark of the video, the moron smirking kid clearly steps up to Mr Phillips.  At the 47 mark, they are about 2 feet apart, Mr Phillips does not move as indicated by the lack of camera movement forward, but when the camera comes back at the 54 second mark, the moron smirking kid is right in Mr Phillips' face.

3.At the 1:48 mark, Mr Phillips sways from side to side and steps back slightly and the moron smirking kid steps forward.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #253 on: January 21, 2019, 10:37:59 AM »

I thought the Catholic Church taught love and tolerance  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

"Since Covenant Catholic Church had a bad day on social media, I'll trash them now, because I won't be alone."

Got it.  Always to the left, but never alone.

One pseudo Christian trying to defend a whole bunch of pseudo Christians.

If some folks can freely defend strong-arm robber Michael Brown, I fail to see why my defending people of faith should be snarked at.  Silly me.

The Catholic church does not teach the truth. I would've figured you would agree with me on this.

>Implying that protestantism is the only religion that has freedoms worth defending.

You really are a true American, aren't you?
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #254 on: January 21, 2019, 10:42:47 AM »

Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #255 on: January 21, 2019, 10:45:14 AM »

These kids won't be phased by liberals who distort their character.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #256 on: January 21, 2019, 10:45:20 AM »

Are people in this thread dumb or blind or both, because if you watch the entire two hour video of the event, build the wall is never chanted and unless you're blind you can clearly see the native american guy approach the teenagers. I just don't get the outrage. That's all I'm going to say on this.

The one who is "dumb and blind" is you.
The video is littered with bigotry and mocking of the Native American and his dance/drumming.
The Deplorable kids are pointing and laughing at him, as if he isn't even a human being that deserves decency and respect for existing. The kids are seen doing a tomahawk move with their hand/arm.
The problem with many blue-avatars is that they don't even see hate and bigotry when it is starring directly in their face.
It's all "normal" conduct to them, so of course they say that every one else (on the other side) must be "blind."

So you admit you didn't watch the whole video, just the small clip spread on social media. Good to know.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #257 on: January 21, 2019, 10:49:52 AM »

I'm not going to use a wall text to respond to this dude, but suffice to say, f*** him. F*** him and his racist ass Buddies who had the audacity to mock an Indian chanting after said Native American had the audacity to approach them while calmly beating a drum. I don't give a flying f*** about who moved to the left or move to the right, and anyone who generally does is a four-star idiot and / or apologist or both. Latino protester calmly approaches crowd of Maga teenagers who break into a loud round of La Cucaracha. Let's focus on whether or not there was a pathway up to the monument or not as opposed to whether or not the teenagers acted in an extremely over unquestioned racist active mob mentality! Asian anti anti immigration protester approaches them doing a Buddhist chant, kids respond with making slant eyes with their fingers and pigeon Oriental speech. G! Surely no way of determining what was in their hearts without closely diagramming the exact path of that chanting Buddhist monk! Otherwise we're merely prejudging these poor dears. Black prosta tester - - A real one, not those s*** heads from the black Israelites who are a bona fide hate organization, as literally no one on the left disputes in the slightest - - singing A Hymn? Well, the kids I started dancing around and chanting stepin fetchit like pho black dialogue, or more likely when there sheltered inviolable whitespace has been compromised by a black presence, they would call 911 like water bottle Whitney or cookout Kathy.

There is literally zero doubt, and I mean 0, that this freshly scrubbed mob of Maga teens engaged in some really ugly racist Behavior doing a mock Indian war chant in response to this guy approaching their group. There are literally 100 different ways to respond to that dude, right up to and including jokes like, um, we heard you fine from over there, can we help you find the restroom sir, or even, dude, you're in my space. None of which involved the unthinkable to certain posters here action of white kids having a back down to a minority, which didn't involved racist heckling like what was engaged in!

No. F*** him. F*** his classmates from that video. And F*** their parents teaching them such poor ideals about how to deal with people different from themselves.

So let's say for the sake of argument, which there may be some reason to question, but let's let that pass, that these kids willfully did mock the Native American drummer and march. Here are some random high school students who said acted insultingly to someone in a crowd (which I'm sure is literally the first and last time that will ever happen Shocked). I'm assuming you've been to a high school assembly or sporting event before, right? Teenagers are nasty literally all the time without it erupting into some national media scandal. And if teenagers are bad, try going to a political protest sometime. You'll get every kind of taunt and slur imaginable shouted at you just for walking by. What would be the proportionate response for this incident? Maybe detention and a series of lectures about Native American culture? What is the goal of this media firestorm? Is it to teach these kids a lesson in how to interact with people from other races and cultures? Or is it to punish them as much possible to  satisfy some sort of political frustration? Is the goal to unleash revenge upon them, nail them to the wall? Hatred is an act of ill will toward another, and if the latter are the motivations for the response here, then your post is more hateful than the students mocking the Native American guy.

The proportionate response needs to come from the school. At school run events you represent the school. You don't wear co-ordinated MAGA hats or treat a pro-life march like a country fair. You can strip out everything else they did or didn't do but they deserve suspension for that alone.

There's nothing wrong with wearing a MAGA hat (especially if it doesnt violate dress code rules laid out by the school) and attending a pro-life event. The kids certainly don't deserve a suspension for that. To suggest they do is absolutely nuts.

Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #258 on: January 21, 2019, 10:50:53 AM »

This controversy would be hilarious if it didn’t involve the literal lynching of a high schooler.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #259 on: January 21, 2019, 10:51:13 AM »

There's nothing wrong with wearing a MAGA hat (especially if it doesnt violate dress code rules laid out by the school) and attending a pro-life event. The kids certainly don't deserve a suspension for that. To suggest they do is absolutely nuts.

This is what liberals do.

Liberals: I agree in freedom of speech, unless it's hate speech or racist.

Liberals consider conservatism hate speech/racism.

Liberals: SILENCE THE CONSERVATIVES.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #260 on: January 21, 2019, 10:53:25 AM »

This controversy would be hilarious if it didn’t involve the literal lynching of a high schooler.

A *literal* lynching would mean a brutal killing of the teen by a mob. Did I miss that?
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #261 on: January 21, 2019, 10:59:49 AM »

Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #262 on: January 21, 2019, 11:04:53 AM »

Yep, this is insane. I wore a McCain hat to public school every day in 2008 and coordinated with a couple of friends to get campaign attire too and then wore an Obama pin to class every day in 2012. I've adorned a MAGA hat only a couple of times since I am an adult and really beyond this 'activist' phase, but this really makes me want to start wearing that to work each day.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #263 on: January 21, 2019, 11:06:34 AM »

And don't forget - the former are manufactured public figures who chose to get into the ring by name to advance their careers.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #264 on: January 21, 2019, 11:22:27 AM »

Was there a hanging and burning? That must have only been shown on Infowars.

Because the Parkland students totally went out and harassed people. It was conservatives who were calling for them to be attacked for daring to call for gun control.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #265 on: January 21, 2019, 11:24:09 AM »

Was there a hanging and burning? That must have only been shown on Infowars.

I didn't see Cindy Hyde-Smith there either.
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #266 on: January 21, 2019, 11:31:48 AM »

Yep, this is insane. I wore a McCain hat to public school every day in 2008 and coordinated with a couple of friends to get campaign attire too and then wore an Obama pin to class every day in 2012. I've adorned a MAGA hat only a couple of times since I am an adult and really beyond this 'activist' phase, but this really makes me want to start wearing that to work each day.

Oh, triggered.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #267 on: January 21, 2019, 11:34:27 AM »

These kids should be applauded for being interested in politics and government. They shouldn't care about character assassination from activists whose hearts bleed for inconsequential things.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #268 on: January 21, 2019, 11:58:48 AM »

They weren’t black muslims...they were black israelites which is a toxic hate movement.  They shouod be condemned wherever they go.  I can guarantee they were spewing racist and very homophobic slurs at the kids, because that’s basically all they do.

Then the Natives march right in between them trying to diffuse the situation.  The kids were being disrespectful to the Natives but the entire situation was already toxic before they even got there.

The Native Americans are the only group of the three that I sympathize with here.  But this whole episode is a perfect example of our utterly broken race relations.
Just gonna re-post this because the truth is coming together.  The amount of prejudice and kneejerk reactions and outrage spewed in this thread is, as another poster put it, staggering.  At the end of this it comes down to anblack hate group taunting kids who try to drown out their hateful slurs with school spirit chants.  Then the Native Americans come between them to diffuse things.  The students dance to the drum, disrespectfully.  The whole while the black hate group shouts hateful things at the students and Native Americans.  The students boo them and call them racist and then leave.

No ‘build the wall’, no ‘trump 2020’...none of it.

You were dooped (i was as well) by a prejudiced narrative because people assume if a white kid from the “rurals” wearing a Maga hat comes to the city, it’s to cause controversy.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/21/us/maga-hat-teens-native-american-second-video/index.html
fluffypanther19
United States

« Reply #269 on: January 21, 2019, 12:37:30 PM »

this whole situation and the discussion surrounding it has been utterly bewildering. i honestly don't know that to make of it honestly
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #270 on: January 21, 2019, 12:40:09 PM »

They weren’t black muslims...they were black israelites which is a toxic hate movement.  They shouod be condemned wherever they go.  I can guarantee they were spewing racist and very homophobic slurs at the kids, because that’s basically all they do.

Then the Natives march right in between them trying to diffuse the situation.  The kids were being disrespectful to the Natives but the entire situation was already toxic before they even got there.

The Native Americans are the only group of the three that I sympathize with here.  But this whole episode is a perfect example of our utterly broken race relations.
Just gonna re-post this because the truth is coming together.  The amount of prejudice and kneejerk reactions and outrage spewed in this thread is, as another poster put it, staggering.  At the end of this it comes down to anblack hate group taunting kids who try to drown out their hateful slurs with school spirit chants.  Then the Native Americans come between them to diffuse things.  The students dance to the drum, disrespectfully.  The whole while the black hate group shouts hateful things at the students and Native Americans.  The students boo them and call them racist and then leave.

You were dooped (i was as well) by a prejudiced narrative because people assume if a white kid from the “rurals” wearing a Maga hat comes to the city, it’s to cause controversy.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/21/us/maga-hat-teens-native-american-second-video/index.html

They're from the suburbs of Cincinnati. Not "the rurals."
Hollywood
« Reply #271 on: January 21, 2019, 12:55:34 PM »

Why is this thread 12 pages long?  Democrats completely lied. The media lied.  CNN lied.  It's all on video.  These white CHILDREN were victims of harassment and assault from Native American adults, as well as racist threats from African Americans protesting nearby.  There's nothing else to debate. 
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #272 on: January 21, 2019, 01:04:09 PM »

Why is this thread 12 pages long?  Democrats completely lied. The media lied.  CNN lied.  It's all on video.  These white CHILDREN were victims of harassment and assault from Native American adults, as well as racist threats from African Americans protesting nearby.  There's nothing else to debate.  

The left despises people of wealth (well, wealth by Kentucky standards) who are able to live life happily and peacefully like this young man so they decide to try and ruin his life to make him just as miserable and depressed as they are.
Hollywood
« Reply #273 on: January 21, 2019, 01:22:58 PM »

Why is this thread 12 pages long?  Democrats completely lied. The media lied.  CNN lied.  It's all on video.  These white CHILDREN were victims of harassment and assault from Native American adults, as well as racist threats from African Americans protesting nearby.  There's nothing else to debate.  

The left despises people of wealth (well, wealth by Kentucky standards) who are able to live life happily and peacefully like this young man so they decide to try and ruin his life to make him just as miserable and depressed as they are.

It's a bully mentality.  I don't think there just targeting people of wealth.  Surely they would have portrayed the story differently if the MAGA hat kids were black children of wealth.  It wouldn't have even made it on cable news.  They are specifically targeting white males for institutionalized racism. 
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #274 on: January 21, 2019, 01:55:07 PM »

They weren’t black muslims...they were black israelites which is a toxic hate movement.  They shouod be condemned wherever they go.  I can guarantee they were spewing racist and very homophobic slurs at the kids, because that’s basically all they do.

Then the Natives march right in between them trying to diffuse the situation.  The kids were being disrespectful to the Natives but the entire situation was already toxic before they even got there.

The Native Americans are the only group of the three that I sympathize with here.  But this whole episode is a perfect example of our utterly broken race relations.
Just gonna re-post this because the truth is coming together.  The amount of prejudice and kneejerk reactions and outrage spewed in this thread is, as another poster put it, staggering.  At the end of this it comes down to anblack hate group taunting kids who try to drown out their hateful slurs with school spirit chants.  Then the Native Americans come between them to diffuse things.  The students dance to the drum, disrespectfully.  The whole while the black hate group shouts hateful things at the students and Native Americans.  The students boo them and call them racist and then leave.

They're from the suburbs of Cincinnati. Not "the rurals."
My post was pointing out prejudices.  To the big city livin no bra wearin hairy legged womens libbers types, the suburban parts of a city they’ve never heard of is “the rurals” ...and my term for city dwellers borrowed from a cult classic movie also shows prejudice and ignorance.  Thats the issue with this entire discussion.  Everybody has very glaringly inserted their prejudices into this discussion.  It aint pretty.  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 ... 20  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies