MAGA-teens harass Native American
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 02:41:22 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  MAGA-teens harass Native American
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 20
Author Topic: MAGA-teens harass Native American  (Read 26224 times)
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #225 on: January 20, 2019, 09:16:45 PM »

I'm disappointed to learn that adding Jeffster to the ignore list didn't cut this thread down from 10 pages to like 3 or 4.  His posts are gone, thankfully, but it's still far longer than it needs to be.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #226 on: January 20, 2019, 09:21:34 PM »

Trump should invite Sandmann and Phillips to the White House for a beer (or a Coke I guess) to smooth things over. It would be a good teachable moment for the whole country.
Coastal Elitist
Tea Party Hater
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.71, S: 2.26

« Reply #227 on: January 20, 2019, 09:23:14 PM »

Are people in this thread dumb or blind or both, because if you watch the entire two hour video of the event, build the wall is never chanted and unless you're blind you can clearly see the native american guy approach the teenagers. I just don't get the outrage. That's all I'm going to say on this.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #228 on: January 20, 2019, 09:26:44 PM »
« Edited: January 20, 2019, 09:30:47 PM by dead0man »

A very well-crafted response drafted under the threat of imminent expulsion.

I'm not going to use a wall text to respond to this dude,
followed by wall of text Smiley

and I think that's as close to this subject as I'd like to get and would prefer we just move on to tomorrow's recreational outrage.  Isn't it time for a picture of AOC wearing a funny hat in middle school to come out?
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #229 on: January 20, 2019, 09:28:31 PM »

Are people in this thread dumb or blind or both, because if you watch the entire two hour video of the event, build the wall is never chanted and unless you're blind you can clearly see the native american guy approach the teenagers. I just don't get the outrage. That's all I'm going to say on this.

He approaches the kids, the moron smirk kid steps up to Mr Phillips to be in Phillips' face.  The two aren't inconsistent.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #230 on: January 20, 2019, 09:44:30 PM »

I will note that it seems that none of the media attempted to interview these kids yesterday. 

I will also note that all the video available does NOT show this kid to be a liar.

I will also note that lots of folks have agendas here.  The kid and his family aren't wrong about that.

136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #231 on: January 20, 2019, 09:45:17 PM »

I'm not going to use a wall text to respond to this dude,
followed by wall of text Smiley

and I think that's as close to this subject as I'd like to get and would prefer we just move on to tomorrow's recreational outrage.  Isn't it time for a picture of AOC wearing a funny hat in middle school to come out?

Well, you could post another one of your 'isn't the government regulation an outrage?' thread.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #232 on: January 20, 2019, 09:47:30 PM »

Trump should invite Sandmann and Phillips to the White House for a beer (or a Coke I guess) to smooth things over. It would be a good teachable moment for the whole country.

That would actually be a constructive idea.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #233 on: January 20, 2019, 09:58:14 PM »

Obama was able to credibly pull that off without further incident or embarrassment.  Trump would instead brag about his electoral college victory once again, label Elizabeth Warren 'Pocahontas' in front of Nathan Phillips, and start talking about caravans of drugs coming over the southern border as the teenage kid stares off into space wondering if best buds Bradley, Chadley and Tadley will ever top this.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #234 on: January 20, 2019, 10:20:41 PM »

Obama was able to credibly pull that off without further incident or embarrassment.  Trump would instead brag about his electoral college victory once again, label Elizabeth Warren 'Pocahontas' in front of Nathan Phillips, and start talking about caravans of drugs coming over the southern border as the teenage kid stares off into space wondering if best buds Bradley, Chadley and Tadley will ever top this.

In a rare moment of agreement, I do think that such an event would run the risk of Trump making it all about him.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #235 on: January 20, 2019, 10:41:20 PM »
« Edited: January 20, 2019, 10:48:12 PM by Sprouts Farmers Market ✘ »

What an incredibly sweet and beautiful child. His pacifism in the face of such heated tensions ought to be worshiped. He is thousands of times more worthy of being an honorary acceptee into a school of his choosing than David Hogg, who is an actually an unhinged menace. I for one will be giving any support that his family asks for, and even support that they do not have the courage to ask for. His school better plan on receiving weekly letters from me. Alma mater will also be hearing from me to in order to reward him.

In the past year, I thought no one could inspire me more than Brett Kavanaugh, but a child of all people has been able to win the #1 place in my heart over any human being I have ever met.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #236 on: January 20, 2019, 10:43:00 PM »
« Edited: January 20, 2019, 10:46:04 PM by Lou Barletta's Teeth »

That kid is such a bullsh**tter. Yeah, you were totally "praying" behind that smirk. Hope they expel his ass.

Just another reason why I left the Catholic Church. They never teach responsibility or decency at those schools.
Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -9.92

« Reply #237 on: January 20, 2019, 10:44:07 PM »

I can't believe people around here are RALLYING AROUND HIM now!!! What a JOKE!!!
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #238 on: January 20, 2019, 10:47:55 PM »

I can't believe people around here are RALLYING AROUND HIM now!!! What a JOKE!!!

It's their new 'truther' movement, like Pizzagate before it.
Mopsus
MOPolitico
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.71, S: -1.65

« Reply #239 on: January 20, 2019, 10:49:00 PM »

For better or worse, not everyone subscribes to the idea that White children ought to be held to a higher moral standard than respected elders within the colored communities.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #240 on: January 20, 2019, 10:51:04 PM »

For better or worse, not everyone subscribes to the idea that White children ought to be held to a higher moral standard than respected elders within the colored communities.

It pisses me off that the right digs for reasons to never hold their own accountable.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #241 on: January 20, 2019, 10:52:37 PM »

Nope, Thomas Massie is a prick

Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #242 on: January 20, 2019, 10:53:36 PM »

I don't know what to make of this story. Obviously, racism and prejudice of all kinds should be rejected, regardless of who it comes from. And I am very well aware of this country's history as regards to Native Americans, and how they were treated. But at the same time, the double standards being displayed by so many posters on here are aggravating.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #243 on: January 20, 2019, 10:56:44 PM »

If these students continue down this path they are going to find themselves unemployable in the future and they might even get into fights with people that react differently to harassment. The problem some of these people do not get is that Trump has enough money and security to allow him to say whatever he wants without much issue (other than having low approval). You can't do what Trump does without Trump money.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #244 on: January 20, 2019, 11:21:17 PM »

The one who is "dumb and blind" is you.
The video is littered with bigotry and mocking of the Native American and his dance/drumming.
The Deplorable kids are pointing and laughing at him, as if he isn't even a human being that deserves decency and respect for existing. The kids are seen doing a tomahawk move with their hand/arm.
The problem with many blue-avatars is that they don't even see hate and bigotry when it is starring directly in their face.
It's all "normal" conduct to them, so of course they say that every one else (on the other side) must be "blind."
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #245 on: January 21, 2019, 12:56:29 AM »

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/20/us/nathan-phillips-covington.html

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Okay.  I'm watching this video again, with a day of hindsight:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIG5ZB0fw1k&feature=youtu.be&t=30

The end of the video shows a crowd friendly to Mr. Phillips behind him.  He was in no way surrounded by the Catholic Scoolboys.  That is not true, period.  The crowd behind Mr. Phillips is sympathetic to his aims.

The girl screaming that the Catholic Schoolboys are "acting like a F---ing mob mentality (sic)" notes that they are 16.  And, yes, the kids in the video are only 16; some appear to be 14 or 15.  A few seem even younger.

In watching 3 minutes and 44 seconds of Nathan Phillips, it is not disputable that he (A) was not surrounded by the student crowd, and (B) was free to walk in any direction he wished to.  He is the one that walked up to this kid who made the statement, and in watching his facial expression, I saw Mr. Phillips actually smile slightly during his presentation.  Mr. Phillips was engaging this student (not the other way around) and clearly enjoyed the upper hand in the mind game.  (I'm not particularly upset that the kid got a lesson in reality from Mr. Phillips, but let's stop the falsehood that Mr. Phillips was being deliberately surrounded by a racist crowd.  The crowd to the rear of Mr. Phillips was friendly to him and taunting the Catholic School Students.

I also looked at the faces and reactions of some of the kids in the crowd.  Some of it was the nervousness of immaturity, and some of those kids looked awfully young, no more than 14.  There WAS a crowd of Hebrew Israelites nearby (a group labeled black supremacists by the SPLC).  I'll bet few of those kids ever came face to face with the reality of demonstrators and counter-demonstrators playing for keeps, and I'll bet that more than a few of those kids were crapping in their pants seeing real live angry people (who, truthfully, hated them for who THEY were).  Look at some of the faces.  I saw lots of nervous laughter, cognitive distraction, and doing what was needed to get through a situation which caused these kids to find themselves being a bit over their heads.  (I understand why these kids would go to the March For Life, but I don't really think that taking these kids to Leftist Politcal Marches is a safe field trip, given what would happen if the REAL counterprotesters show up.)

This was a bad event that shouldn't have happened.  Some of it is the chaperones' fault.  While I am staunchly pro-life, I would not want my 13 year old son marching in such an event without me present, due to the reality that there are extremists at all these events who can turn the thing South at any time.  (I'm not a protesting type, anyway.)  But these are KIDS, and they are pilloried by people who are as hate-filled as they say those kids are.  People who have had their own share of grace in life and choose not to recognize it.  I'm not sure what the school should do regarding these kids, but I do think that the school should have the guts to view all of the media and make their judgement taking into account that this issue is being litigated through the lenses of some of the most biased journalism I have seen in my lifetime.

Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #246 on: January 21, 2019, 01:46:30 AM »

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/20/us/nathan-phillips-covington.html

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Okay.  I'm watching this video again, with a day of hindsight:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIG5ZB0fw1k&feature=youtu.be&t=30

The end of the video shows a crowd friendly to Mr. Phillips behind him.  He was in no way surrounded by the Catholic Scoolboys.  That is not true, period.  The crowd behind Mr. Phillips is sympathetic to his aims.

The girl screaming that the Catholic Schoolboys are "acting like a F---ing mob mentality (sic)" notes that they are 16.  And, yes, the kids in the video are only 16; some appear to be 14 or 15.  A few seem even younger.

In watching 3 minutes and 44 seconds of Nathan Phillips, it is not disputable that he (A) was not surrounded by the student crowd, and (B) was free to walk in any direction he wished to.  He is the one that walked up to this kid who made the statement, and in watching his facial expression, I saw Mr. Phillips actually smile slightly during his presentation.  Mr. Phillips was engaging this student (not the other way around) and clearly enjoyed the upper hand in the mind game.  (I'm not particularly upset that the kid got a lesson in reality from Mr. Phillips, but let's stop the falsehood that Mr. Phillips was being deliberately surrounded by a racist crowd.  The crowd to the rear of Mr. Phillips was friendly to him and taunting the Catholic School Students.

I also looked at the faces and reactions of some of the kids in the crowd.  Some of it was the nervousness of immaturity, and some of those kids looked awfully young, no more than 14.  There WAS a crowd of Hebrew Israelites nearby (a group labeled black supremacists by the SPLC).  I'll bet few of those kids ever came face to face with the reality of demonstrators and counter-demonstrators playing for keeps, and I'll bet that more than a few of those kids were crapping in their pants seeing real live angry people (who, truthfully, hated them for who THEY were).  Look at some of the faces.  I saw lots of nervous laughter, cognitive distraction, and doing what was needed to get through a situation which caused these kids to find themselves being a bit over their heads.  (I understand why these kids would go to the March For Life, but I don't really think that taking these kids to Leftist Politcal Marches is a safe field trip, given what would happen if the REAL counterprotesters show up.)

This was a bad event that shouldn't have happened.  Some of it is the chaperones' fault.  While I am staunchly pro-life, I would not want my 13 year old son marching in such an event without me present, due to the reality that there are extremists at all these events who can turn the thing South at any time.  (I'm not a protesting type, anyway.)  But these are KIDS, and they are pilloried by people who are as hate-filled as they say those kids are.  People who have had their own share of grace in life and choose not to recognize it.  I'm not sure what the school should do regarding these kids, but I do think that the school should have the guts to view all of the media and make their judgement taking into account that this issue is being litigated through the lenses of some of the most biased journalism I have seen in my lifetime.

Fuzzy. I will respond to this post rather than Jesters attempt at making a point, because he is just a racist tool who I really need to put on ignore. But both of you were doing the same basic problem. Jester to a much much worse degree, because again, racist tool, but still the same problem. You are desperately attempting to justify these little privileged kids racism based on some totally unnecessary analysis of crowd Dynamics and mr. Phillips exact location at what time. What that video truly shows Beyond any dispute is a group of middle to upper middle class white parochial Maga students doing a racist mocking chant towards a group of Native Americans. The fact that what's his face rather possibly may have gotten into their space is completely absolutely and utterly irrelevant. As I pointed out in an earlier post there literally a hundred different responses between having to Bear one's haunches to him and acting in the over probably racist manner in which they did. And sorry if reality intrudes here, the fact that they were Mega heads is not an irrelevant or unconnected piece of trivia in assessing why they reacted the way they did.

No one disputes the black Israelites are a hate group, and the assholes who through slurs at those students are, well, assholes. However, other than as you somewhat noted these kids have probably never had a black person say something mean to them, let alone more than one at a time, and asked me if oh, I don't know, pre triggered them? Beyond that it is completely an absolutely irrelevant to this incident. They had nothing to do with what's-his-face the Native American, and vice versa. The black Israelites are bigoted Dick's, but using them to an any manner shape or form whatsoever to justify or even explain these kids reactions to the Native Americans is a complete red herring.

Sorry man, but I watched the video too. I don't see a bunch of scared little kids worried about crowd intimidation. I see a bunch of students who are mostly Juniors and seniors in appearance happily and unreservedly dancing around doing a very mocking faux Native American dance and chant. They were obviously not so intimidated that they didn't feel restrained from basically doing the equivalent of telling some black people " hey n*****!"

Whether or not what's his name coming up to the crowd and drumming, even in a relatively tepid in restrained manner, was a good decision or counterproductive, the blatantly trigger racism displayed by these smug little students set volumes about themselves, and about all those red Maga hats they wore as well. Trying to break it down to how many meters apart creepy staring guy was from weird toothless Indian vet guy to explain anything here is frankly just a waste of bandwidth.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #247 on: January 21, 2019, 03:48:22 AM »

I'm not going to use a wall text to respond to this dude, but suffice to say, f*** him. F*** him and his racist ass Buddies who had the audacity to mock an Indian chanting after said Native American had the audacity to approach them while calmly beating a drum. I don't give a flying f*** about who moved to the left or move to the right, and anyone who generally does is a four-star idiot and / or apologist or both. Latino protester calmly approaches crowd of Maga teenagers who break into a loud round of La Cucaracha. Let's focus on whether or not there was a pathway up to the monument or not as opposed to whether or not the teenagers acted in an extremely over unquestioned racist active mob mentality! Asian anti anti immigration protester approaches them doing a Buddhist chant, kids respond with making slant eyes with their fingers and pigeon Oriental speech. G! Surely no way of determining what was in their hearts without closely diagramming the exact path of that chanting Buddhist monk! Otherwise we're merely prejudging these poor dears. Black prosta tester - - A real one, not those s*** heads from the black Israelites who are a bona fide hate organization, as literally no one on the left disputes in the slightest - - singing A Hymn? Well, the kids I started dancing around and chanting stepin fetchit like pho black dialogue, or more likely when there sheltered inviolable whitespace has been compromised by a black presence, they would call 911 like water bottle Whitney or cookout Kathy.

There is literally zero doubt, and I mean 0, that this freshly scrubbed mob of Maga teens engaged in some really ugly racist Behavior doing a mock Indian war chant in response to this guy approaching their group. There are literally 100 different ways to respond to that dude, right up to and including jokes like, um, we heard you fine from over there, can we help you find the restroom sir, or even, dude, you're in my space. None of which involved the unthinkable to certain posters here action of white kids having a back down to a minority, which didn't involved racist heckling like what was engaged in!

No. F*** him. F*** his classmates from that video. And F*** their parents teaching them such poor ideals about how to deal with people different from themselves.

So let's say for the sake of argument, which there may be some reason to question, but let's let that pass, that these kids willfully did mock the Native American drummer and march. Here are some random high school students who said acted insultingly to someone in a crowd (which I'm sure is literally the first and last time that will ever happen Shocked). I'm assuming you've been to a high school assembly or sporting event before, right? Teenagers are nasty literally all the time without it erupting into some national media scandal. And if teenagers are bad, try going to a political protest sometime. You'll get every kind of taunt and slur imaginable shouted at you just for walking by. What would be the proportionate response for this incident? Maybe detention and a series of lectures about Native American culture? What is the goal of this media firestorm? Is it to teach these kids a lesson in how to interact with people from other races and cultures? Or is it to punish them as much possible to  satisfy some sort of political frustration? Is the goal to unleash revenge upon them, nail them to the wall? Hatred is an act of ill will toward another, and if the latter are the motivations for the response here, then your post is more hateful than the students mocking the Native American guy.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #248 on: January 21, 2019, 03:56:11 AM »

Also, out of all of these events why did these kids end up becoming the news headline rather than the weird black neo-nazi group shouting all sorts of awful? Also, protesters being mean to each other, while maybe not an everyday occurrence for most people, isn't all that rare. So why do we have this story?

My suspicion, and I admit it is hard to prove or disprove, is that a certain element of the media views an altercation of this sort as a kind of narrative-driven mad-lib. 'White kids from Kentucky wearing MAGA hats do something racist' fits the national mood of the journalist class and clientele in ways the other stories, which there is even more evidence of, if anything, do not. It's not so much that the reporting is saying untruth, but that it is selecting the parts of the truth that fit the pre-written narrative and running with it rather than the other story evident here, and let's be honest, probably dozens of stories that could have just as easily been written about altercations between protesters.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #249 on: January 21, 2019, 03:56:56 AM »

^In a sane world, this could happen. Not holding my breath it will in ours Sad
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 20  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies