The Great 2020 Free-For-All (Gameplay Thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 07, 2024, 11:55:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  The Great 2020 Free-For-All (Gameplay Thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40
Poll
Question: So, to mix things up a little, I've been thinking about changing the network for the election updates every month. Which one should I do for February?
CNN
FOX News
ABC
CBS
Just stick with NBC.
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: The Great 2020 Free-For-All (Gameplay Thread)  (Read 36976 times)
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #875 on: May 15, 2019, 05:17:17 PM »

Governor Doug Ducey Supports Phil Scott

Hello fellow Republicans.

(Cheers and boos)

Let me get straight to the point. I supported Representative Amash because he stood for our fundamental values as Republicans, liberty, free trade, and free markets. He dropped out of the race, and the man that I felt best embodies those values is here with us. Governor Phil Scott of Vermont. He's a governor-like me. And as Governor he stood up for those values and was a strong and competent executive who stood for limited government and individual liberty. Vermont is a rural state with long endless valleys. Phil knows that with the power of the individual and an open plain, you can make more progress than with a government intrusion.

(Cheers)

That's why he's stood up for things he has. Small government and liberty. That's how he made it the number one state to move to. And that's how he can enhance the prosperity of this country. I am an Amash man through and through. I believed in his quest for liberty and campaign for freedom. But I see now the man who can lead us forward, delegates, Republicans, and Arizonans as well. I urge you to vote for Phil Scott, no matter what next comes in this RNC. Phil is the one! Thank you fellow conservatives!
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: 0.52

« Reply #876 on: May 15, 2019, 06:06:20 PM »

Fifth ballot:

Republicans
(1280 to win)
Phil Scott - 1279
Lisa Murkowski - 1250
Justin Amash - 23
Donald Trump - 7

Mycool

Political Matrix
E: -4.58, S: -6.52

« Reply #877 on: May 15, 2019, 06:32:50 PM »

Murkowski Campaign Announces Surprise Keynote Speaker

“I stand before you today, not to announce a withdrawal, but to announce the next Vice President of the United States, Justin Amash!”

“I entered this race to go all the way, and we came so close to the prize. I’m so grateful that the party, and Lisa Murkowski, recognizes the hard work of our campaign staff, volunteers, and the immense support from across the country. I believe I have a natural successor in this race, someone else who values liberty, the second amendment, and a balanced budget, and I’m now happy to announce that I’ll be sharing a ticket with her!

Lisa hasn’t just talked the talk, she’s walked the walk. I believe together, we will combat the extremism that the democrats have espoused, and we will win the White House! Lisa is the candidate with the widest appeal, winning in red, blue, and purple states, winning in suburbs, rural and urban areas. She will take this strategy into the general election, and it is absolutely a winning strategy. Let’s rally behind our next president of the United States, Lisa Murkowski!”
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #878 on: May 15, 2019, 07:02:26 PM »

Sixth ballot:

Republicans
(1280 to win)
Phil Scott - 1296
Lisa Murkowski - 1260
Justin Amash - 3
"This is getting ridiculous" - 6

Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #879 on: May 15, 2019, 07:07:36 PM »

RNC 2020

Paul Gosar sighed with relief. It was finally over. Six ballots, two days, and a story that overshadowed even Kerry's rough ride out of the DNC. Gosar doubted the Democrats would envy him the movie deal. Now was the time for rebuilding, and now he only prayed that everything would hold together.

Phil Scott, meanwhile, was celebrating at his headquarters at the Westin Hotel, less than half a mile from the stadium (being a candidate had its perks). Now, all he hoped for was a smooth ride for Marco.

The Amash supporters had other plans.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #880 on: May 15, 2019, 07:07:57 PM »

Phil Scott Tweet

Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #881 on: May 15, 2019, 07:12:40 PM »

Vice presidential ballot:

(1280 to win)
Marco Rubio - 1650
Justin Amash - 909

Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #882 on: May 15, 2019, 07:34:10 PM »

Brown/Sink vs. Scott/Rubio

Brown/Sink - 260 electoral votes
Scott/Rubio - 211 electoral votes

LIST OF US SENATE CANDIDATES, 2020

Key:
Incumbent
Democrat
Republican

Alabama
Doug Jones, attorney
Bradley Byrne, US Rep. from AL-01
Rating: Safe R

Alaska
Mark Begich, former US Senator
Dan Sullivan

Arizona
Mark Kelly, astronaut
Martha McSally
Rating: Leans R

Arkansas
Joyce Elliott, State Senator
Tom Cotton

Colorado
Mark Udall
Walker Stapleton, former State Treasurer
Rating: Leans D

Delaware
Chris Coons
Ken Simpler, former State Treasurer
Rating: Safe D

Georgia
Jason Carter, former State Senator
David Perdue

Idaho
Michelle Stennett, State Senate Minority Leader
Jim Risch

Illinois
Dick Durbin
Erika Harold, attorney

Iowa
Chet Culver, former Governor of Iowa
Joni Ernst

Kansas
Paul Davis, Governor of Kansas
Mike Pompeo, US Rep. from KS-04
Rating: Likely R

Kentucky
Amy McGrath, candidate for KY-06 in 2018
Mitch McConnell

Louisiana
Mitch Landrieu, former Mayor of New Orleans
Bill Cassidy

Maine
Sara Gideon, State House Speaker
Susan Collins

Massachusetts
Ed Markey
Geoff Diehl, former State Representative

Michigan
Gary Peters
John James, businessman
Rating: Likely D

Minnesota
Tina Smith
Mike Lindell, businessman

Mississippi
Mike Espy, former US Secretary of Agriculture
Cindy-Hyde Smith

Montana
Steve Bullock, Governor of Montana
Steve Daines

Nebraska
Chris Beutler, Mayor of Lincoln
Ben Sasse

New Hampshire
Jeanne Shaheen
William O'Brien, former Speaker of the New Hampshire State House

New Jersey
Cory Booker
Hirsh Singh, engineer

New Mexico
Ben Ray Lujan, US Rep. from NM-03
Susana Martinez, former Governor of New Mexico
Rating: Tossup

North Carolina
Kay Hagan
Ted Budd, US Rep. from NC-13

Oklahoma
Brad Henry, former Governor of Oklahoma
Jim Inhofe

Oregon
Jeff Merkley
Knute Buehler, former State Representative

Rhode Island
Jack Reed
Allan Fung, Mayor of Cranston

South Carolina
Bakari Sellers, former State Representative
Lindsey Graham

South Dakota
Billie Sutton, former State Senate Minority Leader
Mike Rounds

Tennessee
Andy Berke, Mayor of Chattanooga
Bill Haslam, former Governor of Tennessee

Texas
Beto O'Rourke, former US Rep. from TX-16
John Cornyn

Virginia
Mark Warner
Scott Taylor, US Rep. from VA-02

West Virginia
Richard Ojeda, State Senator
Shellery Moore Capito

Wyoming
Dave Freudenthal, former Governor of Wyoming
Liz Cheney, US Rep. from WY-AL

House Balance: 176 Safe D, 35 Likely/Leans D, 35 Tossup, 32 Likely/Leans R, 157 Safe R
McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.68, S: -3.48

P P P
« Reply #883 on: May 15, 2019, 08:26:13 PM »

Governor Sink Accepts Vice Presidential Nomination

Democratic National Convention

Hello, hello! Thank you! Thank you! Mr. Chairman and Delegates, thank you! What a Convetion, am I right? This has been fantastic. We've seen Voter Turnout spike by huge amounts, we saw more volunteers in a campaign than every before, we saw more People Powered Campaigns than every before in history. This primary is the reason that the People are going to take control of Politics again, not the PACs.

Although this campaign was extremely divisive, we must come together. We come together as Democrats, and as Americans. The Progressive Movement is more unified than ever before. For the first time in history, we're going to elect a Woman to be the Vice President. For the first time in History, we're going to elect a President that will take Real Progressive Action for America. For the first time in history, we're going to have a Democratic Party that is unified behind a man that isn't afraid to expose the wrongs of the GOP, and someone who isn't afraid to stand up to the PACs and Corporate America! This is a True Revolution!

Although Senator Brown was my opponent, I'm proud to stand here on this stage today. I'm standing here as a Christian. I'm standing here as an American. I'm standing here as a Democrat. I am standing here as a Woman. I am standing here as an offspring of a Farmer. The offspring of a Devoted Hardworking Mother. I'm standing here as a Progressive who's ready to stand with Senator Brown, and Fix America!

I stand with Senator Brown because I know he's a Leader! I stand with Senator Brown because I know that he is a Patriot! I stand with Senator Brown because I know he is Invested in the People! I stand with Senator Brown, because I know he's going to lead us into the Golden Age of America! I stand with Senator Brown no longer as just a Governor. I'm standing with Americans when I say, Chairman, Delegates, I humbly, on the backs of the Women and Men who got me here today, accept the Democratic Nomination, to be the next Vice President of the United States! Let's get out there and Rebuild America!
adamevans
United States

« Reply #884 on: May 15, 2019, 08:48:46 PM »
« Edited: May 18, 2019, 11:23:30 PM by Barron »

Democratic National Convention: Part II

..And the convention's race to unite the party behind the nominee had begun with Charlie Crist's opening speech, whom was the chair of the convention. The first couple speeches were focused on the day's theme: building a country with opportunity & justice for all who seek the American dream, a core tenant of Sherrod Brown's campaign. The first notable speech was a joint one from twin brothers Julian & Joaquin Castro, who would make the main Democratic pitch to Latino voters, a key demographic in this election.

Julian Castro: My fellow Democrats, my fellow Americans, we convene tonight, on the 14th of July, to rebuild the principles that built the largest middle class in the world, here in America. We convene tonight to make certain that our children and grandchildren are able to enjoy a quality of life that brings them health prsoperity, security, and joy. I come from decades of hard-working people who's only mission in life was to given their children something more than what they had. For decades, the shoulders of a rising middle class fueled the idea that everyone had opportunity to claim the American dream. The principles that: If you’re willing to work hard, you should be able to have and maintain a good-paying job.  if you’re willing to meet your responsibilities, you should be able to own a home, maybe start a business, give your children the chance to do even better - no matter who you are, or where you come from, or what you look like.

I come from a generation shaped by these principles. But for the past eight years, a decade that should have been shaped by a rising middle class was shaped by something different: massive tax breaks given to the wealthy, borrowing money to pay for two endless wars, and falling incomes for middle class families. We convene tonight because our country had strayed from our basic values.  Too many small businesses have shut down. Wages have stayed stagnant. Manufacturing has left our shores.  A shrinking number of Americans did fantastically well, while most people struggled with falling incomes, rising costs, and slower job growth.

My life, and so many others, has been shaped by this reality.

So, let me introduce to you my brother Joaquin to tell you the story of our family.

Joaquin Castro: Thank you, Julian, and thank you, Democrats. It is an honor to even be here. The journey that brought me here tonight was one that not many other Americans have the opportunity to achieve. It began with my mother, Rosey, and my grandmother, Victoria, who raised Julian and I. My grandmother was an orphan. As a young girl, she had to leave her home in Mexico and move to San Antonio, where some relatives had agreed to house her. She didn't make it past the 4th grade; she had to drop out and start working to help her family. My grandmother spent her life working as a maid, a cook, and a babysitter, barely scraping by, but still, working hard to give my mother, her only child, a chance in life, so that my mother could give Julian and I an even better one.

Through hard work, opportunity, and perseverance, she gave me the opportunity to speak at this stage tonight.

But the 21st century must be one of stories like these too. Senator Sherrod Brown has spent his entire career fighting for working families, the middle class. That's what his calling his, that's what he's been taught. As our next President, Senator Brown will rebuild that American dream. He will rebuild our communities and make bold investments in making America #1 in infrastructure. He'll protect workers like my grandma from being ripped off by their employer, and he'll build an economy where everyone can make that dream that my family did. He'll cut taxes on the middle class and raise them on the wealthiest in our economy, and he'll stand up to big business predatory practices that force working people to go bankrupt on a life-saving drug.

With Senator Brown, we can create an economy with real growth for the middle class. Tonight, I stand to you, now, as a dad of one, and I'll be sure to build a better life for my son as my grandma did for me. But our responsibility as a country, as a community, as one United States of America, is to make our country one that works for all. Tonight, we must create a country where the middle class can live the American dream and give the next generation something even greater. That begins by electing Senator Sherrod Brown, it begins with you, it begins now, and it begins tonight! Thank you.
adamevans
United States

« Reply #885 on: May 15, 2019, 08:51:27 PM »

Democratic National Convention: Part III

The lineup on the 2nd day was made a bid to poorer, lower-income voters and economically stressed communities, as the theme was “Opportunity and Justice for All,” pitched ideas like fairer trade, criminal justice reform, police reform, wage growth, and strong educational + infrastructure investments, as the speaker’s continue to tout Brown’s “middle class” style politics and upbringing. Baldwin and Abrams served as a major pitch to midwestern & African-American voters, respectively.

Quote from: Tammy Baldwin
"..Senator Brown sticks up for Wisconsin values, for the same principles that elected Franklin Delano Roosevelt a century ago. He'll open a new chapter in American history, protect manufacturing jobs, and open new opportunities for every community across this country. Senator Brown has fought to reform Wall Street in the Senate, and he is absolutely the most qualified person to reinvigorate the American dream. He will rebuild America for the people who make it work: the middle class, who built it to begin with."

Quote from: Stacey Abrams
"...No candidate is more qualified to stand up for criminal justice reform than Senator Brown. No candidate is more qualified to rebuild America's impoverished communities than Senator Brown. As Dr. King once said, there is dignity in labor. And more than any of those commitments, Senator Brown understands that. There is dignity in work. There is dignity in work. And there is no way we cannot create opportunity for all working Americans unless we reinvigorate that phrase: there is dignity in work."
adamevans
United States

« Reply #886 on: May 15, 2019, 08:52:13 PM »

Democratic National Convention: Part IV

With the 2nd day coming to a close, Obama was called onto speak to rally the eager crowd and double-down on Brown's middle class first message, introduced by Oprah Winfrey. Obama compared his 2008 nomination to Brown's unlikely nomination at the convention, and applauding the Senator on his lifetime of "fighting for the middle class," pushing the party strongly behind the Senator. President Obama reminded voters of his work passing the auto rescue package and Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform, and stressing the necessity to put a man as focused on working families as Senator Brown in the White House to build an economy where all can make by.

Quote from: Barack Obama
"There is no man more qualified, no man more talented, no man more focused, no man more enthusiastic about rebuilding the middle class in this country. We've seen what 8 years of trickle-down economic policies. It ain't good. At every step and at every moment, throughout this administration and even before it, Senator Brown has done what's right for the middle class, whether it pleased the big donors and Washington status quo or not. He did it whether it made the people on Wall Street angry or not. The early days of his career were spent in union halls with steelworkers, not big donors and hedge fund managers. Sherrod's unconventional, yeah, that ain't a bad thing. He's dedicated his life to being unconventional. The story of America is unlikely people defying odds. Sherrod Brown is the leader, who has the courage and the conviction, to defy the odds.

Sherrod Brown will end the wars in Syria and Afghanistan responsibly. He'll cut taxes on the middle class, raise them on billionaires and millionaires. He'll crack down on predatory practices from big business and he'll raise the minimum wage to a living one. He will fiercely protect a worker's right to organize and he'll make healthcare universal so that no family goes bankrupt on a medical bill. He'll make sure lobbyists and big donors can't buy out Congress with tougher campaign finance laws, and he will restore the opportunities of the middle class to live a good life and give their children and grandchildren an even better one."

Quote from: Barack Obama
"Don't boo, vote"
adamevans
United States

« Reply #887 on: May 15, 2019, 08:52:43 PM »

Democratic National Convention: Part V

"This election isn't about liberal vs. conservative. It's not about left vs. right. It's about the future vs. the past. In this election, at this moment, in our history, we know what the problems are. We know that at this critical juncture we have only one shot to get it right. And we know that these new times demand new thinking.

We believe in success. We believe that everyone should have an opportunity to get ahead, and with success comes a responsibility to make sure others can follow. I think we are blessed to be Americans. But with that blessing comes an obligation to our neighbors and our common good.

So you give every child the tools they need to succeed. That means quality schools, access to health care, safe neighborhoods. Not just because it's the right thing to do, of course it is; but because if those kids do better, we all do better. You can be soft-hearted or hard-headed—both are going to lead you to the same place. We're all in this together. That's what this party believes. That's what this nation believes. That's what Sherrod Brown and Alex Sink believe."
adamevans
United States

« Reply #888 on: May 15, 2019, 08:53:39 PM »

Democratic National Convention: Part VI

Turning towards the end of the 3rd day, all eyes turned towards Governor Jared Polis, a rising star in the Democratic Party as the first openly gay governor of Colorado, the keynote speaker at the DNC. His speech was defined not only by his story as an openly gay, jewish Governor, but also his unifying message.

"My name is Jared Polis. My great-grandparents were immigrants. I am Jewish. I am gay. I am a father. I am a son. I am an entrepreneur. I am the Governor of Colorado. I am always an optimist. But first and foremost, I am an American."

"When we look around today, we see that for too many Americans that fair shot is becoming more of a long shot. How many kids have the grades to go to college, but not the money? How many families thought their home would always be their safest investment? How many of our soldiers come back from their second or third tour of duty, wondering if the education and health care benefits they were promised will actually be there? Two wars, a warming planet, an energy policy that says let's borrow money from China to buy oil from countries that don't like us. How many people look at these things and wonder what the future holds for them?"

"I believe from the bottom of my heart with the right vision, the right leadership, and the energy and creativity of the American people, there is no nation that we can't out-hustle or out-compete, and no American need be left out or left behind.

Yes, the race for the future is on, and it won't be won if only some Americans are in the running. It won't be won with yesterday's ideas and yesterday's divisions. And it won't be won with a president who is stuck in the past. We need a president who understands the world today, someone who knows his roots in the middle class and will rebuild America's standing domestically and abroad. We need Sherrod Brown as the next President of the United States. His vision for America, one in which the middle class prevails over Wall Street, continues to be an enormous challenge to Washington, D.C., a town with professional pundits and pols, whose entire livelihood is never-ending partisan bickering.

But ladies and gentlemen, now is our chance to tell the dividers no, tell the special interests and cynical Washington insiders no, tell the lobbyists and PACs no, and tell our fellow countrymen and women, gay and straight, Christians, Jews, Mormons, Muslims and nonbelievers, rich and poor, black and white, Latino and Asian, east and west, north and south; it is time to tell them yes, together we are stronger, together we are better, together we are America. And it is why we must help that courageous woman have the support she needs after her child is born. We celebrate Americans of all backgrounds and beliefs, even Republicans, because this is their future, too. We are a diverse country, but we are one country. Tonight, looking out at all of you and with a deep faith in the character and resolve of the American people, I am more confident than ever that we will win that race and make the future ours.

Thank you. God bless you, and God bless the United States of America."

(reposted this, the disorganization was driving me CRAZY)
adamevans
United States

« Reply #889 on: May 15, 2019, 10:39:21 PM »
« Edited: May 15, 2019, 11:22:34 PM by Barron »

Democratic National Convention: Part VII

With the last day settling in, Brown used a list of prominent Kerry endorsers, like Steny Hoyer & Bill Clinton, to unite the party behind Brown before he accepted the nomination. Speakers like Secretary Madeleine Albright & Secretary Hillary Clinton pitched Brown's foreign policy plan as sensible and claiming that he would responsibly get out of the wars in Afghanistan & Syria. Not only did Kerry endorsers speak, but as well prominent progressives and labor leaders like Bernie Sanders and Richard Trumka.

I am honored to be here tonight to support Sherrod Brown. And to warm up the crowd for Richard Trumka, though as you'll soon see, he doesn't need any help from me. I love Trumka, and America will too. What a year we Democrats have had. The primary began with an all-star lineup and came down to three remarkable Americans locked in a hard-fought contest to the very end. The campaign generated so much heat it increased global warming. In the end, my candidate didn't win. But I'm very proud of the campaign he ran: he never quit on the people he stood up for, on the changes he pushed for, on the future he wants for all our children. John told us in no uncertain terms that he'll do everything he can to elect Sherrod Brown.

That makes two of us.

Actually that makes a few million of us - because, like Kerry, I want all of you who supported him to vote for Sherrod Brown in November.

Here's why.

Our nation is in trouble on two fronts: The American dream is under siege at home, and America's leadership in the world has been weakened. Middle-class and low-income Americans are hurting, with incomes declining; inequality rising; college tuition debt and credit card debt increasing; health care coverage disappearing; and a big spike in the cost of food, utilities, and gasoline. The cost of life-saving prescription drugs, childcare, and healthcare is skyrocketing and the Washington status quo continues inaction. Our position in the world has been weakened by too much unilateralism and too little cooperation; a perilous dependence on imported oil; a refusal to lead on global warming; and two wars in Afghanistan and Syria that burden our military and hurt America's image internationally

Clearly, the job of the next president is to rebuild the American dream and restore America's standing in the world. Everything I learned in my eight years as president and in the work I've done since, in America and across the globe, has convinced me that Sherrod Brown is the man for this job.

His plan: an economy for the middle class, not the ultra-wealthy. He's got it right.

He has a remarkable ability to inspire people, to raise our hopes and rally us to high purpose. He has the intelligence and curiosity every successful president needs. He has shown a clear grasp of our foreign policy and national security challenges, and a firm commitment to repair our badly strained military. The long, hard primary tested and strengthened him.

Sherrod Brown is ready to lead America and restore American leadership in the world. Ready to preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States. Sherrod Brown is ready to be president of the United States. He will work for an America with more partners and fewer adversaries. He will rebuild our frayed alliances and revitalize the international institutions which help to share the costs of the world's problems and to leverage our power and influence. He will put us back in the forefront of the world's fight to reduce nuclear, chemical and biological weapons and to stop global warming. He will choose diplomacy first and military force as a last resort. But in a world troubled by terror; by trafficking in weapons, drugs and people; by human rights abuses; by other threats to our security, our interests, and our values, when he cannot convert adversaries into partners, he will stand up to them.

Sherrod Brown will lead us away from the failed politics that has hurt main street and helped Wall Street, and he'll responsibly exit Afghanistan and Syria. If, like me, you still believe America must always be the place where the middle class thrives and America is rebuilt abroad, then join John Kerry and I in making Senator Sherrod Brown the next president of the United States. His policies, his fight, is the exact kind we need in the White House, and I could not have thought of a better fight for working Americans than Senator Sherrod Brown to lead our party and rebuild America's once strongest middle class.

adamevans
United States

« Reply #890 on: May 16, 2019, 02:44:23 AM »
« Edited: May 16, 2019, 08:37:27 AM by Barron »

Democratic National Convention: Acceptance Speech

Connie & Sherrod moments before appearing on stage

My fellow Democrats, let me express my immeasurable thanks to the countless staff, volunteers, supporters, and activists that took me to this stage tonight. To the candidates who fought tooth and nail to make their voice heard; to presidents Clinton and Obama for making the case for working Americans on this stage; to John Glenn, though he may not be on this stage tonight, for inspiring and mentoring me, the lessons of which I have not yet forgot; to Governor Sink, for joining me along this journey; and to Connie, for being the best partner I could have asked for, thank you. It is an immeasurable honor to speak to you tonight.

I stand here tonight as the product of the industrial town of Mansfield, the son of a Mansfield doctor who served all, whether they could pay or not. In Mansfield, decades later, we began the movement that has brought so many millions Americans together to reclaim the tenants of our foundings. “We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal; that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights; that among these are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.” Tonight, we continue a never-ending journey to bridge the meaning of those words with the realities of our time.  For history tells us that, while these truths may be self-evident, they’ve never been self-executing; that while freedom is a gift given to us by God, it must be secured by His people here on Earth.

For nearly centuries, we have protected that founding creed. Americans sacrificed, organized, protested, in union halls and church basements, in the movement for fair wages, work benefits, and equal protection under the law. Years ago, at a Workers' Memorial Day Rally in Lorain, Ohio, a steelworker from Local 114 gave me this canary lapel pin. A century ago, miners brung canaries into the mines to check for toxic chemicals. Back then, there were no formal protections for workers. They only had each other. So they banded together to fight for the right to organize and safer work conditions. That was the birth of the labor movement.

And thus, new principles, new creeds were born to extend the one's our fathers wrote centuries ago. 'Equality of opportunity… Jobs for those who can work… Security for those who need it… The ending of special privilege for the few… The preservation of civil liberties for all… a wider and constantly rising standard of living.' Those are the principles of this party. That is the promise of America. It's America's basic bargain, it was President Roosevelt's testament to our nation's unmatched aspiration. His legacy lifted up a nation and inspired presidents who followed.

And in Mansfield, just a year ago, we begun a movement to reinvigorate that basic bargain.  Too many small businesses have shut down. Wages have stayed stagnant. Manufacturing has left our shores.  A shrinking number of Americans did fantastically well, while most people struggled with falling incomes, rising costs, and slower job growth. For the past several years, economic growth has slowed down. We know that our economy does strongest on the shoulders of a rising middle class because, yes, we are the party of the middle class.

We are the party of Women's Suffrage. We are the party of Franklin Delano Roosevelt, the party of the abolition of child labor, the party of the Labor Movement and the New Deal, the party of Social Security, and the party of the G.I bill. We are the party of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and the Great Society. We are the party of universal healthcare, good-paying jobs, and well-funded education. We are the party of the middle class.

It was the shoulders of a rising middle class that built railroads and highways, the Hoover Dam, the Golden Gate Bridge together.  We instituted a minimum wage and worker safety laws together.  Together, we touched the surface of the moon, unlocked the mystery of the atom, connected the world through our own science and imagination.

But the last eight years have been ones of tax cuts for the wealthy, failing real median household incomes, and jobs outsourced like there's no tomorrow. Industrial and urban communities have been left behind, our infrastructure rating has failed, and senior poverty is rising. Two different wars in Syria and Afghanistan have costed us billions taken away from our communities here at home. Labor unions that use to create a prosperous middle class has been busted up, and the price of college tuition, medical bills, childcare, and life-saving drugs are all skyrocketing. All this, while the real corporate profits are soaring like never before.

All workers ask for are leaders that are on their side, but for the last eight years that hasn't been the case. The once-prosperous middle class has been held back by an economy and a White House that caters to Wall Street CEOs and corporations. We cannot continue four more years of a White House that continues this administration's policies.

That's why I'm running for President.

Because progress doesn't happen on it's own. We sacrifice, we organize, we volunteer. In the Ohio legislature, I spent my days at the local steelworkers union. In Congress, I voted against NAFTA and the Iraq War. I'm proud to lead the fight for working families and against corporate executives writing our healthcare and tax laws. This is the party of the middle class, and together, we will once again usher in an era where the middle class thrives and is once-again the beacon of the admirable accomplishments of history. We hold true to our founding creed: “We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal; that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights; that among these are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.”

Fellow Democrats, I accept your nomination for President of the United States!

Together, we will build another chapter in our history, one where people are put first. For we, Democrats, understand that our country cannot succeed when a growing many barely make it. We know that America will thrive when every person can find independence and pride in their work; when the wage of an honest labor liberates families from the brink of hardship. We are true to our beliefs when a little girl born into the bleakest poverty knows that she has the same chance to succeed as anybody else, because she is an American; she is free, and she is equal, not just in the eyes of God but also in our own.

We, Democrats, still believe that every citizen deserves a basic measure of security and dignity.  We must make the hard choices to make healthcare a right, not a privilege, and reduce the jobs lost due to outsourcing. But we reject the belief that America must choose between caring for the generation that built this country and investing in the generation that will build its future. For we remember the lessons of our past, when twilight years were spent in poverty and parents of a child with a disability had nowhere to turn.

We, Democrats, still believe that enduring security and lasting peace do not require perpetual war. Our brave men and women in uniform, tempered by the flames of battle, are unmatched in skill and courage. Our citizens, seared by the memory of those we have lost, know too well the price that is paid for liberty.  The knowledge of their sacrifice will keep us forever vigilant against those who would do us harm.

We, Democrats, understand that we must put people first, not corporate lobbyists who write our healthcare and tax laws.

Rebuilding America means rebuilding our broken tax code, it means bringing jobs home, it means lower pharmaceutical drug prices, it means higher wages. I will cut taxes for middle class working families and raise them on the wealthiest in our economy who don't need a tax break. I will bring jobs home by renegotiating our trade agreements to protect American workers over international corporations. I will hold pharmaceutical companies transparent and accountable when they price-gouge. I will raise the minimum wage to $15 per hour because no American working full-time should live in poverty.

It means rebuilding America abroad. As President, I will confront the issue of climate change on an international scale. I will responsibly exit Afghanistan and Syria and bring our troops home; no longer can we spend billions in endless wars while our infrastructure at home is crumbling. I will lower on dependence on fossil fuels in the middle east by investing in good-paying renewable energy jobs here at home.  I will build new partnerships to defeat the threats of the 21st century: terrorism and nuclear proliferation; poverty and genocide; climate change and disease. And I will restore our moral standing, so that America is once again that last, best hope for all who are called to the cause of freedom, who long for lives of peace, and who yearn for a better future.

These are the policies I pursue. Our work will not be easy. The challenges we face require tough choices, but we have the obligation to shape the debates of our time -- not only with the votes we cast, but with the voices we lift in defense of our most ancient values and enduring ideals.

Fellow Democrats, our mission is clear, and our message is real. We cannot quit or turn back now. Now, we must deliver change to Washington and to our economy, and make the next chapter in American history. In the words of Dr. King, 'change does not roll in on the wheels of inevitability.' We must make this future ourselves. Through a movement of millions of hard-working Americans, we can once again rebuild the country that built the strongest middle class known to history.

Thank you, Milwaukee, and God bless these United States of America.
Mycool

Political Matrix
E: -4.58, S: -6.52

« Reply #891 on: May 16, 2019, 01:04:48 PM »

Lisa Murkowski Speaks At RNC

“I want to thank everyone who has fought so hard over the past year. I want you to know your fight has not been in vain. We reminded the country that there is a contingent of independent minded women who make up a large part of the Republican Party. We won states across this country, built a strong coalition, and united many wings of the party together under a successful message. I may not be the nominee, but we have arrived at a consensus around a strong, thoughtful candidate in Phil Scott!

I order him my full endorsement, and will work as hard to get him elected as I worked for this nomination. I will not be going away, I’ll be an active participant in bettering our democracy, working to continue to offer solutions, and maintain a close relationship with eventual President Scott to pass our agenda! I believe Phil Scott is by far the better choice for President, and I ask all of my supporters to give him the exact same energy you gave to my campaign. Let’s work together to make Phil Scott the President of the United States!”
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #892 on: May 16, 2019, 03:47:57 PM »
« Edited: May 16, 2019, 07:42:21 PM by KaiserDave »

Republican National Convention: Speaking Schedule Part I

NOMINEES
Governor Phil Scott and Senator Marco Rubio

With the nomination finally secured for Governor Scott after six long ballots, he used his mandate to work to unite conservative and moderate Republicans to unite behind the ticket. As for the platform, Phil Scott's campaign appointed former South Carolina Governor Nikki Haley, Maryland Governor Larry Hogan, U.S Senator Kelly Ayotte, former US Rep. David Jolly, U.S Rep. Elise Stefanik, and San Diego Mayor Kevin Faulconer to the platform drafting committee. Governor Phil Scott will focus the convention on uniting America and common sense, bipartisan solutions for the future.

At the convention, Governor Scott and other speakers will make the case for common sense conservative solution and a theme of compassionate conservatism. Speakers will emphasize Scott's pro business record in Vermont while sticking up for the most vulnerable. Governor Scott's bipartisan, moderate policies will also be emphasized. Social conservative firebranding will be totally avoided.

DAY 3
Theme: Solutions for America

U.S Representative Paul Gosar of Arizona (Convention Chair)
U.S. Representative David Young of Iowa
U.S Representative Sean Duffy of Wisconsin
U.S Representative Bruce Poliquin of Maine
President Zippy Duval of the National Farm Bureau
Secretary Rick Santorum
Governor Kristi Noem of South Dakota
Governor Kay Ivey of Alabama
David Delaney, a Vermont state employee
Mayor of San Diego Kelvin Faulconer of California
U.S Representative Don Bacon of Nebraska
Secretary Scott Brown of Massachusetts
U.S Representative Eddie Edwards of New Hampshire
Senate candidate and former State Treasurer Walker Stapleton of Colorado
Actor Dwayne Johnson
U.S. Representative Ted Yoho of Florida
Jim Hagedorn, US Rep.
House Speaker Kevin McCarthy of California
Trey Cranfield, a family farmer from Kansas
Senator Rob Portman of Ohio
Former Governor of Ohio John Kasich
Businesswoman Meg Whitman of California
Governor Kim Reynolds of Iowa
U.S Representative Carlos Curbelo of Florida
Former Senator Kay Bailey Hutchinson of Texas
Jeff Flake, former US Senator from Arizona
Mark Kirk, former US Senator from Illinois
Karen Handel, US Rep.
Deb Fischer, US Senator from Nebraska
U.S Rep. Rodney Davis of Illinois
Senator Kelly Ayotte of New Hampshire
Pat Toomey, US Senator from Pennsylvania
Governor Chris Sununu of New Hampshire
U.S Representative Adam Kizinger of Illinois
U.S Representative Brian Mast of Florida
U.S Senator Tim Scott of South Carolina
U.S Senator Mike Braun
Former Massachusetts Governor Bill Weld
First Lady Ann Romney
President Mitt Romney
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #893 on: May 16, 2019, 04:03:42 PM »
« Edited: May 16, 2019, 07:59:46 PM by KaiserDave »

Republican National Convention: Speeches Part I

NOMINEES

Many speakers would take the stage on Day 3, but these would be the ones people remembered. Here are some snippets from the best of the night, and the ones that would make some history.

"Conservatives must rally behind Phil Scott and Marco Rubio. They are true public servants. They haven't spent their life climbing the political ladder in Washington. They've been out there helping their communities, serving their friends and neighbors, and building a better life for all those they care about. They are living arguments for why individual liberty, and human freedom is the best driver for innovation and progress. And they are the greatest standard for compassion and cooperation in government. That's why we must elect Governor Scott and Senator Rubio in November."

"I've watched Phil Scott on the campaign trail. I was on the other side, but I saw a thoughtful, kind, and insightful man. We weren't waging a political war, we were having a civil discussion. Phil Scott doesn't see politics like a war, he doesn't try and fight his political opponents or adversaries. He tries to reach across the divide. That's why his conservative solutions aren't extremist, they don't pander to one section of politics, they're all encompassing, and they're the best hope we have to advance the values we cherish in this election. Phil Scott is the one of the greatest uniters in politics, and we have a truly unique opportunity in November."

"Fellow Republicans, I've stood before you twice as your nominee. And I had been proud to serve as President these past 8 years. I've been honored by your support. I've watched this lively primary, and I've watched Governor Scott. Ever since he was elected Governor. He's a kind, truly insightful guy who just wants to help his community. And Governor Scott did that, he made Vermont a better place for everyone through common sense, compassionate conservatism. And this election presents us with a truly unique opportunity. To elect Phil Scott, is to break down partisan barriers in Washington. To send a message that we want results instead of partisan gridlock. To elect Phil Scott is to call for bipartisan solutions to our biggest problems. So as your President, I say the best man for the next four years is Phil. A common man, but who can bring us all uncommon results, and a new sense of meaning in our politics."
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #894 on: May 16, 2019, 09:17:51 PM »

Republican National Convention: Speaking Schedule Part II

NOMINEES

Day Four would finally conclude the long RNC. It had been long, difficult, stressful, and divisive. But it was time to unite the party for Phil Scott. Governor Scott was the consensus choice of the RNC, with the support of Senator Murkowski after a long primary fight. It was time to bring everyone together behind the nominee. President Romney had already done some of the work, but on this final night, the party would rally behind it's new standard bearer, someone ready to lead the fight to unite America.

DAY 4
Theme: Uniting America

U.S Representative Brian Fitzpatrick of Pennsylvania
U.S. Representative Charlie Dent of Pennsylvania
U.S Representative John Katko of New York
Former U.S Representative Richard Hanna of New York
U.S Representative Scott Taylor of Virginia
Ethan Fitzgerald, a technician from Maryland
Mark Gordon, Governor of Wyoming
Susan Collins, U.S Senator from Maine
Shelly Moore Capito, U.S Senator from West Virginia
Fred Upton, US Rep. from Michigan
Jason Emert and U.S Rep from Tennessee, Chairman of the Young Republicans
Ronald Emerly, a Family Farmer from Minnesota
Joni Ernst, US Senator from Iowa
Mark Rappaport, a Graduate student from Delaware
Ted Cruz, US Senator from Texas
Rand Paul, U.S Senator from Kentucky
Greg Abbott, Governor of Texas
Dan Crenshaw, US Rep. from TX-02
Will Hurd, US Rep. from TX-23
Ron Johnson, U.S Senator from Wisconsin
Nikki Haley, former Governor of South Carolina
Allan Fung, Mayor of Cranston Rhode Island
Joni Ernst, US Senator from Iowa
John Hoeven, U.S Senator from North Dakota
US Senator Marco Rubio from Florida
Former Secretary of Defense Bill Cohen of Maine
Keynote: Governor Charlie Baker of Massachusetts
First Lady of Vermont Diana McTeague Scott
Erica and Rachael Scott
Former Tennessee Governor Bill Haslam
U.S Representative from New York Elise Stefanik
Maryland Governor Larry Hogan
Former Governor of Vermont Jim Douglas
Governor Phil Scott
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #895 on: May 17, 2019, 10:46:01 AM »

Republican National Convention: Speeches Part II

NOMINEES

Many speakers would take the stage on Day 4, but these would be the ones people remembered. Here are some snippets from the best of the night, and the ones that would make some history.

"In the time I've spent with Phil Scott, I've seen a thoughtful, insightful, and caring man, and a competent, intelligent, and compassionate governor. I'm honored to be picked as his Vice President, and I accept your nomination for Vice President of the United States. Together we can win this election, and unite America for the common sense solutions that will lift up every American. Every American living paycheck to paycheck, every American who can't get that extra step, we are here to help."

NOTE: Jackson might post a speech, this is just in case

"I know Phil Scott. He's one of the greatest problem solvers we have. He's an execute who doesn't have time for partisan obstruction. He gets things done for his constituents, and he gets results for the people of his state. He's the best man to lead us forward into a great prosperity. I know this because I know Phil. I know the kind of man he is. And he's the leader we need right now. I've never been more sure he's the right man to unite America."

Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #896 on: May 17, 2019, 12:27:17 PM »

General Election, Turn I
September 2020

Brown/Sink vs. Scott/Rubio

Brown/Sink - 260 electoral votes, 47.5%
Scott/Rubio - 211 electoral votes, 45.6%
Manfred/Johnson - 0 electoral votes, 4.5%
Kokesh/Seder* - 0 electoral votes, 1.3%
Hawkins/Hunter - 0 electoral votes, 1.1%

*: Libertarian Party is orange due to general near-invisibility of yellow text.

LIST OF US SENATE CANDIDATES, 2020

Key:
Incumbent
Democrat
Republican

Alabama
Doug Jones, attorney
Bradley Byrne, US Rep. from AL-01

Alaska
Mark Begich, former US Senator
Dan Sullivan

Arizona
Mark Kelly, astronaut
Martha McSally

Arkansas
Joyce Elliott, State Senator
Tom Cotton

Colorado
Mark Udall
Walker Stapleton, former State Treasurer

Delaware
Chris Coons
Ken Simpler, former State Treasurer

Georgia
Jason Carter, former State Senator
David Perdue

Idaho
Michelle Stennett, State Senate Minority Leader
Jim Risch

Illinois
Dick Durbin
Erika Harold, attorney

Iowa
Chet Culver, former Governor of Iowa
Joni Ernst

Kansas
Paul Davis, Governor of Kansas
Mike Pompeo, US Rep. from KS-04

Kentucky
Amy McGrath, candidate for KY-06 in 2018
Mitch McConnell

Louisiana
Mitch Landrieu, former Mayor of New Orleans
Bill Cassidy

Maine
Sara Gideon, State House Speaker
Susan Collins

Massachusetts
Ed Markey
Geoff Diehl, former State Representative

Michigan
Gary Peters
John James, businessman

Minnesota
Tina Smith
Mike Lindell, businessman

Mississippi
Mike Espy, former US Secretary of Agriculture
Cindy-Hyde Smith

Montana
Steve Bullock, Governor of Montana
Steve Daines

Nebraska
Chris Beutler, Mayor of Lincoln
Ben Sasse

New Hampshire
Jeanne Shaheen
William O'Brien, former Speaker of the New Hampshire State House

New Jersey
Cory Booker
Hirsh Singh, engineer

New Mexico
Ben Ray Lujan, US Rep. from NM-03
Rating: Tossup

North Carolina
Kay Hagan
Ted Budd, US Rep. from NC-13

Oklahoma
Brad Henry, former Governor of Oklahoma
Jim Inhofe

Oregon
Jeff Merkley
Knute Buehler, former State Representative

Rhode Island
Jack Reed
Allan Fung, Mayor of Cranston

South Carolina
Bakari Sellers, former State Representative
Lindsey Graham

South Dakota
Billie Sutton, former State Senate Minority Leader
Mike Rounds

Tennessee
Andy Berke, Mayor of Chattanooga
Bill Haslam, former Governor of Tennessee

Texas
Beto O'Rourke, former US Rep. from TX-16
John Cornyn

Virginia
Mark Warner
Scott Taylor, US Rep. from VA-02

West Virginia
Richard Ojeda, State Senator
Shellery Moore Capito

Wyoming
Dave Freudenthal, former Governor of Wyoming
Liz Cheney, US Rep. from WY-AL

House Balance: 176 Safe D, 35 Likely/Leans D, 35 Tossup, 32 Likely/Leans R, 157 Safe R

All schedules and additional posts (i.e. speech excerpts, interviews, etc.) through September 30 will be due by the end of the day Thursday, May 23.

NOTE: The start of this turn does not mean any remaining convention events/speeches are late. It merely opens up the actual GE phase.
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #897 on: May 17, 2019, 12:47:39 PM »

BREAKING NEWS
September 20, 2020

Blitzer: Good afternoon. I'm Wolf Blitzer, and we are going live to Bangor, Maine, right now, where Senator Angus King is about to announce whom he will endorse for President of the United States in 2020. King is the only independent US Senator aside from Bernie Sanders, an early endorser of Democratic nominee Sherrod Brown. King, however, has a much more moderate record than Sanders, and his endorsement has been viewed as up for grabs. As he approaches the podium, let's listen in:

King: I have thought long and hard about this decision for the past year. I knew there were people I simply wasn't going to endorse, and there were people I wouldn't hesitate in the slightest to give my support to. Both candidates this year were in the latter category, but, with my state in the balance, I cannot remain idle. Therefore, I will endorse Governor Phil Scott for President of the United States!

Blitzer (moderately surprised): Well, there you have it. Senator Angus King endorses Phil Scott, the Republican, for President, despite years of caucusing with the Democrats in the Senate. Time will tell what effect this has on Governor Scott's attempts to break through into the Northeast, but until then, I'm Wolf Blitzer, and thanks for tuning in.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #898 on: May 17, 2019, 04:11:13 PM »

Republican National Convention: Acceptance Speech

NOMINEES

Governor Scott Makes History with his Acceptance Speech

"Fellow Republicans, fellow Americans. Thank you. And I want to thank all the millions tuning in tonight. This I believe, is an important night for the future of our country. This election, gives us a unique opportunity. It's been a long and arduous primary, and I know that firsthand. I must thank my entire campaign team, and my amazing wife and daughters who you've heard today. It means the whole world to have your love and support. I don't know what I would do without it. I certainly wouldn't be here. And I know how important family has been to every contender in this race. It's been a long one, and a stressful convention. I'd be lying if I said I enjoyed the balloting. (Laughs)  But you know, this is not about convention politics. Not for any of us, it's about public service. We go to politics to help people. I had full confidence that whoever we nominated would carry that spirit, and be a proud standard bearer for our party.

Now it's time to work together. We have a long campaign ahead, and it should be our goal to prove to Americans that we have the best ideas, and the most helpful and optimistic plan for every American. That's what this is all about. Everyday Americans who need help getting that extra step up, or getting a step ahead at all. For all Americans working paycheck to paycheck, and those Americans struggling to get high quality employment. I would've run for President, or for Governor, or State Senate if I didn't think politics could work. Politics CAN work. It doesn't always, right now it's far too dysfunction, partisan, broken, and isn't there for those who need. That's why so many Americans don't trust government or politicians. But it can, and when it does, great things can happen. When we put aside partisan rivalries and political bickering, when we put people before politics. That's when we find solutions. When I first was elected to the Vermont Senate, I made friends with Democrats. And then I help forge compromise. And make progress.  Whether it was clean water in Barre, Schools in Brattleboro, or property taxes we forged compromise and through that we helped people. That's what this campaign is about. Finding the solutions that can help Americans, protect the most vulnerable, and lift up everyone. But we can only find these solutions, and create the drive to fix our problems and help people, if we unite America.

What our are plans to unite this country and fix the issues which we are charged to address? What is our contract with America. I promise that not only will we advance this agenda, but we will do so with bipartisanship. I'm not going to railroad an agenda through backdoor, partisan, and divide means. But rather, I seek to break gridlock, bring people together, and truly serve Americans. Americans don't elect politicians to bicker and fight for years on end, they elect them to serve. Our platform reflects that. We seek to grow our economy, expand entrepreneurship, reduce the tax burden, and create good paying jobs. Our plan for the economy cuts taxes for everyone. But it also makes the tax system fairer and simpler. So the multinational banks can't profit off working people through an army of lawyers. We'll close the loopholes that allow billions to be hid overseas. And we'll reduce the tax code from several books, to a helpful manual by ending the pointless deductions that serve to help the superrich instead of working families. And we'll double the child tax credit, with an emphasis on the working poor. This is a plan we can all get behind, it grows our economy and supports working families. Our infrastructure is crumbling. Our roads, bridges, railroads, and power grids are failing. Let's put hundreds of thousands of Americans to work with a nationwide infrastructure program. That's how we move America into the 21st century. Let's rein in spending by auditing key programs, keeping what works, and reforming what doesn't. We did it in Vermont, and we got a surplus every year. I'll work to end fraud and waste in defense contracting, and work to cut costs across the board, without taking a cent from teachers, nurses, seniors, or other vulnerable citizens. Our plan reduces the deficit, and is the most responsible plan for finance. On healthcare, we'll protect Medicare and keep our promise to seniors. But let's make the healthcare system more transparent and fair. Force hospitals to show their prices, and I'll change our prescription drug system. A system which rips off seniors, the disabled, and the most vulnerable. We'll open the market, to let people buy from Canada, and show the light on price negotiations. On education, we'll work to reduce the high rate of student loan interest, and make sure that we don't decide a child's future on a bubble sheet, giving local governments more control. This is our plan for America. It's common sense, compassionate conservatism. And it's the plan that will work. It can really break through Washington, and it can unite America. We will unite Americans, not divide them with political grandstanding. That's our agenda. Let's put people before politics, constituents before special interests. Let's reach for a new kind of politics, where we serve, not scheme. That's what Uniting America means!

You know as a son of a single Mom in blue collar Vermont, living paycheck to paycheck. I never thought I'd be here. Or anything like it. It took a lot of hard work, my Mom had to be tough. But she did, and for that I'll always be grateful. And Mom, if you're watching, you did it. We did it. But that's the American Dream. Although, unfortunately not every American has access to that dream. Too many are impoverished, without a diploma, or stuck in unemployment. We must restore that dream. And through that we can Unite America. Restore the dream for millions of our fellow Americans. And with that hope, and with great aspiration for what can do, I accept your nomination for President of the United States. Thank you Republicans, and God Bless America!
"
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #899 on: May 17, 2019, 07:06:46 PM »

Rubio accepts the GOP Vice Presidential nomination

Fellow Republicans, and Fellow Americans. I am here today to accept your nomination to be the next Vice President of the United States of America. Our campaign will be based on 2 things, Unity and Bipartisanship. Never before, have we as Republicans, or we as Americans, have seen a hispanic nominated for the Vice Presidency. I would like to thank my partner in this endeavor, our nominee for President, and the only candidate in this field who is the best for America.

We are Republicans, we are the party of Lincoln and ending slavery, we are the party of Eisenhower and a strong national defense, and we are the party of Reagan and lowering taxes on all Americans.

We are the party of the lives of All Americans old or young, We are the party of liberty for all Americans regardless of race, sex, or ethnicity. And we are the party in support of the pursuit of happiness, because those are among the rights granted to all Americans by the Constitution, and by their creator.

Texans, Vermonters, Michiganders, and Flordians come together as one, because we are Republicans, and Governor Scott is our nominee. Because, we are not just proud of our nominee, we are proud of our country, and we are proud of our President. And we will extend this period of unity and progress for the next 4 years, and extend this prosperity to all Americans.

We need to keep working on the progress made by 8 years of the best Administration since that of Ronald Reagan.

That is why I, as a Republican, am proud to be the running mate of a man who is self made like millions of our fellow Americans, and to all of those immigrants out there, America I say this to you all, Yes we can elect a President who isn't a career politician, Yes we can make an America that values the lives of all Americans, and Yes we can have an America that supports immigration, because those are the people who built our nation, and as the son of a cuban refugee to all of my Latino brothers and sisters I say Si, Si Puede.

Thank you Republicans, and let's win the nation in November with Governor Scott!

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies