The Great 2020 Free-For-All (Gameplay Thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 20, 2024, 02:21:56 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  The Great 2020 Free-For-All (Gameplay Thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 ... 40
Poll
Question: So, to mix things up a little, I've been thinking about changing the network for the election updates every month. Which one should I do for February?
CNN
FOX News
ABC
CBS
Just stick with NBC.
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: The Great 2020 Free-For-All (Gameplay Thread)  (Read 37346 times)
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #750 on: April 29, 2019, 07:36:46 PM »

Campaign Schedule

Constants

Always campaign on Bipartisan popular solutions to issues, we're not afraid to compromise to help Americans
Always meet with volunteer coordinators and top surrogates to discuss strategies for the upcoming primaries/caucuses
Always drive grassroots organization and our bipartisan solutions, highlight Senator Kerry's history of working with both sides on the issues
Always shake hands and get involved with the audience at rallies and events

Schedule:
April 3-6: Pennsylvania
March 7-9: New York
Primary Day: Pennsylvania

Pennsylvania

Hold rallies in Philadelphia, Lancaster, Erie, and Pittsburgh with Tom Wolf Bob Casey, and other Pennsylvania Democrats.
Host town halls in community centers, and American Legion posts in urban areas, emphasize experience and Moderate positions. 
Deliver criminal justice and opioid crisis recovery speech, accompanied by Jesse Jackson 
Meet with local community leaders, and pitch his bipartisan response to the opioid epidemic and gun violence
Emphasize gun control, criminal justice reform, social security, and medicare

New York(Mar. 28 to Apr. 1 )

Hold major rally in Rochester, New York City, Buffalo, and Syracuse with Chuck Schumer & Bill Clinton
In NYC: emphasize support of gun control policies and Green Energy policies
Meet with local New York Bipartisan groups  in luncheon
Deliver speech to Veterans, emphasize support for a $12 minimum wage and a new GI Bill
Demographically, target suburban voters, urban white voters, and working class voters

Pennsylvania

Hold rallies in Pittsburgh, Lancaster, and Erie, with Connor Lamb, Matthew Cartwright, Bob Casey, and Tom Wolf.
Host town halls in community venues in rural areas, emphasize Rural broadband and infrastructure
Deliver Opioid Crisis response speech, accompanied by Jesse Jackson and Connor Lamb
Emphasize minimum wage, opioid crisis, medicare, and social security

Surrogate Schedule

Tom Wolf: Campaign in suburban Pennsylvania on issues such as Gun Control, and Veteran's rights, issues with the broadest appeal are the one's to hit hard on.
Connor Lamb: Campaign in Southwestern Pennsylvania targeting voters that would lean towards Brown, focus on attracting voters with Senator Kerry's strong Opioid response plan in this region decimated by drug addiction.
Matthew Cartwright: Campaign in Luzerne county along with Lackawanna county on bringing back industrial middle class and working class jobs to these areas that have been hit the hardest by outsourcing, play up Senator Kerry's moderate image and his history of bipartisan work.
Jim Kenney:Campaign in Delaware county and the city of Philadelphia working on appealing to African American and poorer residents of the city, and focusing on gun control, and response to the opioid crisis as well as criminal justice reform.
Bill Peduto: Work with Representative Lamb to flip possible Brown voters by focusing on reducing income inequality, and a strong response to the opioid crisis, which has been plaguing Southwestern Pennsylvania.
Bob Casey Jr. : Senator Casey will be focusing primarily on Erie this week as he attempts to bring in ancestral democrats and those turned off by the left wing policies of Senator Brown and Governor Sink. He focuses his efforts on the Opioid crisis, and criminal justice reform as well as issues that appeal to large bases of voters.
Jesse Jackson: Reverend Jackson will be campaigning among the urban African American community of Philadelphia and campaign with members of local communities and focus on Senator Kerry's commitment on bringing back good paying jobs to these neighborhoods, as well as focusing on supporting criminal justice reform.
Bill Clinton: President Clinton will be focused on campaigning to upstate New York voters who have trended away from Democrats in recent years, as well as people in central Pennsylvania. He will meet with local Democratic organizations in these areas and attempt to help them rebuild their support, he will also campaign with Senator Casey and Representatives Cartwright and Lamb.
Joe Torsella: Torsella will be campaigning on the issues of education reform, and urban revitalization in Philadelphia using his experience as State Secretary of Education and other roles to benefit his campaign in the city.
Josh Shapiro: Shapiro will be campaigning in Pittsburgh on criminal justice reform and a strong response to the opioid crisis.
Elizabeth Warren: Senator Warren will campaign in Rhode Island and Connecticut using her New England appeal to flip the state for Kerry.
Joe Kennedy III: Kennedy will use his family name to win in Rhode Island and Connecticut because of his familial connection with the states.

adamevans
United States

« Reply #751 on: April 29, 2019, 08:24:36 PM »

Joint Press Release from Sherrod Brown & Alex Sink Campaigns

Alex Sink & I both understand how crucial this election is to the future of our country. We need a strong progressive to fight for universal healthcare, tuition-free college, and a future without endless, rampant wars. We both understand we need a nominee to stand up for those values, and we need more progressive wins in primaries and caucuses across the country. That's why the Sherrod Brown campaign is encouraging their supporters in Rhode Island to vote for Governor Sink, and the Alex Sink campaign is encouraging their supporters in Connecticut to vote for Senator Brown.

Both of us are sure that the more wins we make, the more influence our ideas for worker's rights and tackling big money in politics will have at the upcoming convention and in the 2020 Democratic party platform. That's why we need to push these ideas, universal healthcare and tuition-free college, because we need a Democratic wave this upcoming election, and we know that when we stand for bold ideals, we will win.
McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.68, S: -3.48

P P P
« Reply #752 on: April 29, 2019, 09:47:09 PM »

NEW SINK ENDORSEMENTS

Ricky Rosselló
Governor of Puerto Rico

The Providence Journal
Major Newspaper

Jo-Ann Ryan
Providence (RI) Councilwoman

Phil Murphy
Governor of New Jersey

David Cicilline
Rep. from RI-01

James Langevin
Rep. from RI-02
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: 0.52

« Reply #753 on: April 30, 2019, 06:52:50 PM »

NBC News Interview with Governor Alex Sink
April 6, 2020

Holt: Good evening. I'm Lester Holt, and I'm here tonight with Governor Alex Sink, one of the main Democratic candidates for President. Governor, how are you tonight?

Sink: I'm doing well, Lester. I've definitely been pleased by recent results.

Holt: I would be too, Governor. And on that topic, our first question: recently, you’ve pulled ahead of former Senator Kerry in the battle for delegates. Do you believe this is a sign of a late boost that could put you in a strong position at the convention?

Sink: I think this boost is going to get us 1st in delegates. We're going to take the momentum that we have built up, and use it to win at the Convention. They've said we're going to lose for so long, and look where that put 'em. We're winning, and we're going to keep winning.

Holt: A strong statement, but not an easily dismissed one from a candidate who was only polling at 6% at the beginning of last year. And on the matter of winning primaries, rumors have begun to spread that you and Senator Brown are beginning to work together to beat Senator Kerry in Connecticut and Rhode Island, states that would otherwise be viewed as easy wins for him. Is there any credence to this?

Sink: Well those rumors are true. Me and Senator Brown are going to agree to be mutual and not run campaigns in the those two states. We have to focus on taking down Senator Kerry. We progressives had to put our issues on the front line, because that is how we're going to be able to win. We have to use this Progressive Momentum, and that's how we're going to win.

Holt: After Secretary Clinton's failure to take down the President in 2016, it seems the party's all in on progressivism this year. Will it cause trouble for them? Perhaps not so much for you, Governor, and we both know why. With regards to the general election, every matchup appears to have Florida leaned toward you; due to Florida’s 29 electoral votes, do you believe this is a bargaining chip for delegates at the convention?

Sink: I sure as hell hope I win Florida. I mean we've done so much for the state in the past, and we have a big agenda for the coming future. I think the Democratic National Committee wants a candidate that can win Florida, and that can win states like Virginia and North Carolina. We're not going to win with a candidate from Massachusetts, we have to focus on the people, not the special interests.

Holt: A very Sanders-esque statement, indeed, which brings me to my next point:   recently, an op-ed by National Review labeled you as “Hillary with Bernie’s positions.” Do you even view that as an insult, and if so, what concerns it about you?

Sink: Well, Hillary Clinton did so much for Childcare in this Country, for Women in this Country, and for the People in this country. I endorsed her campaign in 2016, because I believed that she could lead the party to victory, but obviously I was wrong. I don't view that as an insult, and them saying that I have Bernie's policies, would make me the real progressive in this race, which is right. So no, I don't think that's an insult.

Holt: Fortunately, the Democratic base seems to be behind you there, Governor. Finally, if you don't end up winning the nomination, would you accept the vice-presidential nod from either of your competitors?

Sink: If I don't get to serve as President of the United States, I would definitely consider taking someone up to be the Vice President, but that's not what we're focused on right now. We're focused on winning, and that's what we're going to do. That's why I'm asking everyone right now to go to AlexSink.com and contribute, signup to volunteer, and help us win.

Holt: Governor, thank you so much for being on; always a pleasure talking with you.

Sink: Same to you, Lester.

Holt: And that will be all for tonight. Join us tomorrow night when we interview Senator Lisa Murkowski, the, albeit slight, frontrunner for the Republican nomination this year. I'm Lester Holt, and thanks for tuning in.
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #754 on: April 30, 2019, 07:18:59 PM »

NBC News Interview with Senator Lisa Murkowski
April 7, 2020

Holt: Good evening. I'm Lester Holt, and I'm here tonight with Senator Lisa Murkowski, the current leader in the battle for the Republican nomination for President. Senator, how are you tonight?

Murkowski: I'm doing well, Lester. I can tell you I'm enjoying being the frontrunner in this race.

Holt: No better place than first place, eh, Senator? And, on that note, do you believe your lead will hold out until the convention?

Murkowski: What has been wonderful about this campaign is that as voters hear more about my message, the more they like it. I believe the coalition that has carried this campaign this far will carry it to the nomination and then the White House. I plan on riding this momentum all the way to convention, where this race will almost certainly be decided. Until then, I'm going to continue to do what I've been doing, working for every single vote in this primary, getting our message out there.

Holt: Definitely exciting times when, for the first time in decades, not one but both races will be decided at the convention. And, on that note, former Commerce Secretary Santorum recently dropped out of the race, and Senator Toomey endorsed you shortly after. Do you believe this could lead Santorum’s delegates to support you at the convention?

Murkowski: First of all, I've got to thank Senator Toomey for his endorsement and support so far in Pennsylvania, he has worked hard to get out the message of this campaign. I believe that his support, and the support of people like Vice President Paul Ryan, Senator Mia Love, and Representative Liz Cheney is indicative of how large of a tent this party is, and how large of a coalition this campaign is built upon. As for Santorum delegates, I welcome their support, now and at the convention, and will work to earn each and every one of them in the run up.

Holt: And it may be an uphill battle for you, since Secretary Santorum attacked you during the primaries, which brings me to my next point: as a pro-choice moderate, do you believe you could struggle to turn out conservative voters in the general election?

Murkowski: The Republican Party is a big tent, as shown from our primary race so far. I have always been a bit of an independent thinker, like many Americans are, and that has guided me to a more moderate position on some issues, and a more conservative position on others. I can promise to hold my values above partisanship, and that means protecting individual liberties, appointing judges that agree with that priority, and keeping the federal government out of the way of economic growth. As we move into the general election, conservatives, moderates, and everyone in between will be able to see how far left the Democratic primary has driven its eventual candidate, and the choice will be easy.

Holt: Moderation vs. partisanship: which will prevail? And regarding that battle, the Democrats are trying to pick up not only the presidency, but also the Senate and the House. Do you have a strategy to hold Congress?

Murkowski: This campaign is about more than me, it's about more than the White House, it's about the future of this country. It's of paramount importance that, when I'm President, I have an effective Congress to work with to pass an agenda meant to better America. My campaign has already laid the groundwork to expand the traditional coalition to include independents, working class voters, and even traditionally Democratic voters, not to mention holding our ground with suburban swing voters. This coalition is enough to win the White House and expand the majority in Congress.

Holt: Could we be looking at a reversal of the 1950s through '90s, where the Republicans hold total control of Congress for decades on end? We'll find out in November. And, on the subject of the general election, Senator, if you don’t end up winning the nomination, would you accept the vice-presidential nod from either of your competitors?

Murkowski: I do believe that I'll win the nomination. However, I would absolutely accept a role on the ticket or in the next Republican administration. What is important is that the party unites under a message of liberty, common sense, and a shake up to the status quo. While I believe that my campaign best exemplifies this, I would be open to serving with one of my competitors if I thought it was best for me, my family, and our country.

Holt: Senator Lisa Murkowski, thank you so much for being on. Always a pleasure when it comes around.

Murkowski: It certainly is, Lester.

Holt: And that will be all for tonight. Thank you so much for watching, and, if you live in Rhode Island, Connecticut, New York, Delaware, Pennsylvania, or Maryland, don't forget to go out and vote on Friday, and to tune in...

Blitzer: To CNN on Friday night, where we'll be bringing you live coverage of all the results from these six states, which may well prove critical to determining who is in the strongest position come the conventions. I'm Wolf Blitzer.

Holt: And I'm Lester Holt.

Both: And thanks for tuning in.
Mycool

Political Matrix
E: -4.58, S: -6.52

« Reply #755 on: April 30, 2019, 07:59:21 PM »

Lisa Murkowski Runs Ad, “Coalition” In NY, CT, RI, PA, DE, WI, WV, WA, DC, and AS

“Politics should be about working together to build something. Instead, Washington decides to focus on dividing us, letting partisanship get in the way of the solutions the American people deserve.”

“That’s why I’m proud of this campaign we’ve run together, its foundation is one of solutions, not more problems, and of building something rather than dividing.”

“The Republican Party is a big tent, and our coalition proves that. We need a president who won’t write off citizens because they don’t match a demographic test. We need someone to engage in communities that are disillusioned with politics as usual.”

“I’m Lisa Murkowski and I support this message because I won’t just be a president for red states, I’ll be a president for all Americans.”
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #756 on: April 30, 2019, 09:14:57 PM »

New York

New York is critical to the Scott campaign, a lose here would end the campaign. Millions of dollars of ad revenue and many surrogates are being poured into the state to generate a massive win, propelling Governor Scott into the lead. Numerous ads have been aired and retired, blanketing the state with ads. Governor Scott has visited the state many times, going back to winter. On primary day, Phil Scott will be in New York City, visiting polling stations, meeting with supporters, and meeting with undecideds. He'll also coordinate with volunteer efforts across the city. Representatives Tom Reed, John Faso, Elise Stefanik, Peter King, Dan Donovan, and John Katko will be in their respective districts. Quite literally across every corner of the state. They will be in their district rallying supporters, and organizing their local political machines to get their supporters out to vote. No expenses will be spared in getting all undecideds and supporters out to vote. They will campaign to Scott's strengths. Moderation, pragmatism, and a record of results in Vermont. But they're not the only cons who will be out there. George Pataki (if that endorsement is in effect, if not ignore all things relevant to him) will be in the Tarrytown, West Chester area rallying suburban moderates who delivered his victory. He'll meet with "Country Club Republicans" who may be soft-Murkowski voters. He'll assure them who the real candidate for tax relief and pragmatic governance is. Dwayne Johnson will meet with young voters in Times Square, at some points with Phil. Posing for photos and talking about how Phil Scott is the candidate for change. Mike Braun will be in upstate, rural areas, speaking to conservatives. These would-be Amash voters will be campaigned to on the basis of Phil Scott's policies on the Military Industrial Complex, reining in Pharmaceutical companies, and being the best candidate for low taxes and strong family farms.

Pennsylvania

Pennsylvania is a state that the Scott campaign also aims to win and has put substantial resources into. Phil Scott recently made a major speech in Philadelphia. Brian Fitzpatrick, a Representative supporting Scott will be in Bucks County, suburban Philadelphia, campaigning to more affluent voters. He'll campaign on the basis of low taxes, and moderate and calm leadership. He'll also speak at senior centers, assuring them that Phil Scott is strong on social security. Charlie Dent will be in the Leigh Valley, Senator Toomey's home turf, campaigning for Phil. He'll campaign on Phil Scott's moderate positions, and ability to cross party lines to get results such as lower taxes, and still a reduced deficit. Larry Hogan will also be in the Philadelphia suburbs, meeting with them and campaigning on low taxes, a stable administration, and reduced deficits. Also in Pennsylvania, Todd Young, another Hoosier, will be in the Scranton area. Campaigning to disenchanted moderates turned off by radicalism in the Democratic Party, but also those tired of outsourcing. He'll campaign on Phil's promise to end tax breaks for companies taking jobs overseas, and getting away with obscene tax evasion. But also cutting income taxes for everyone, with a focus on working families. Tom Ridge (Again, ignore if not in effect) will be touring southwest Pennsylvania, speaking to the once Democrats who he helped flip. He'll campaign on Phil's cut taxes but still reduce the deficit promise, and his strength on agricultural issues. As well as a calm, stable White House He'll also be in the Pittsburgh suburbs, discussing bipartisan accomplishment during his term and in a potential Scott presidency.
NyIndy

Political Matrix
E: 0.25, S: -3.15

« Reply #757 on: April 30, 2019, 10:00:16 PM »

AMASH AD: INTEGRITY
TO AIR IN PA, DE, AND NY

No matter which side you listen to, you're going to always hear one thing, hypocrisy.

While much of the Republican Party claims to want less government intervention, they do little to prevent the surveillance and policing of Americans personal lives.

And Democrats may wish for the government to stop incarcerating so many Americans, their plans for government intervention everywhere else makes this a moot point.

For a candidate that can stick to his positions, and be consistent on the issues, Vote for Justin Amash.

NyIndy

Political Matrix
E: 0.25, S: -3.15

« Reply #758 on: April 30, 2019, 10:12:46 PM »

AMASH GOTV STRAT.

NEW YORK

The Empire State's rural upstate communities are going to be Amash's base in the primary, as well as some college towns where young college-aged voters have taken to the message of Government non-intervention. The Campaign will work with Larry Sharpe, former Libertarian candidate for governor to help with Upstate Turnout for a strong showing in the Empire State.

Pennsylvannia

The Keystone State is believed to be in reach for the Representative's campaign and as such the state will see the most resources put into its GOTV campaign. The efforts will be again focused on College towns, rural areas in addition to Rust Belt Towns where Amash has an advantage being from the Rust Belt and Representing an Industrial District.

Delaware

Former Rep. Mike Castle will work with Amash to turn out voters from the state to hopefully deliver a victory in Delaware, focusing on the South of the State the most. Meaning that the bulk of the effort will be placed into Sussex and Kent Counties.

Mycool

Political Matrix
E: -4.58, S: -6.52

« Reply #759 on: April 30, 2019, 11:54:02 PM »
« Edited: May 01, 2019, 10:25:03 AM by Homosexual Extremist »

Lisa Murkowski GOTV Efforts

Connecticut

The Murkowski campaign believes that the Connecticut's moderate roots, the sizable Puerto Rican population, and the regional trends will result in a Murkowski victory, and will invest as such. Senator Susan Collins spends much of her time in between Connecticut and Rhode Island, targeting voters who are more moderate and suburban, specifically focusing on women voters, who have so far supported Murkowski. She will work on Election Day to GOTV in Hartford, doing specific outreach to Puerto Rican communities and suburban voters who make up a large part of Murkowski's coalition. Secretary Scott Brown also joined Collins in barnstorming across the state, spending most of his time in Hartford, crossing into New York for a rally in Albany, before returning to lead GOTV efforts in Hartford on Election Day. Finally, the duo is joined by former Senator Olympia Snowe, who will tour the coastline, holding events until eventually stopping in New Haven to get out the vote on Election Day.

Rhode Island

Not discounting any delegates in such a close race, the Murkowski campaign invests in boosting turnout in Rhode Island, with headlining events from the candidate, Susan Collins, Olympia Snowe, and former Senator Bob Corker, with the latter spending most of his time in the state. There will be a large focus on Murkowski's energy plan, highlighting its impact on job growth and security. Former Senator Jeff Flake will also pay a visit to the state, rallying supporters on Murkowski's independent record, which fits well with the state's moderate leaning. On Election Day, Corker and Flake will GOTV in Providence, working to get moderate voters to the polls with barnstorming events throughout the city and surrounding suburbs.

New York

While not viewed as a must win, the Murkowski campaign believes that her message will be resonate with New York voters, with the vast amount of public lands, a large rural population, and the history of Rockefeller Republicans in the state. Senator Kelly Ayotte will spend all of her time in the state, primarily upstate, reaching out to rural voters, moderates, and libertarian leaners. Ayotte will hold GOTV efforts in Albany. Representative Lee Zeldin will also work to build support in the state, and will spend his time on Long Island, speaking with voters who may have swung from supporting Bush to voting for Obama. Representative Zeldin will work to spread Murkowski's more independent message, highlighting her support of lowering taxes and protecting the second amendment, but also keeping the government out of people's lives. On election day, the Representative will focus his efforts on his hometown of Shirley, phone banking and canvassing for Murkowski. Finally, Vice President Paul Ryan will join the campaign efforts in New York, primarily visiting the area between Syracuse and Buffalo, going as far as to GOTV in the latter, highlighting Murkowski's proven track record of results. The Vice President will campaign hard for Murkowski, phone banking and canvassing after every major rally, building energy among supporters in the state.

Pennsylvania

Pennsylvania is the state most heavily targeted in this slate of primary states, with the Senator and several prominent surrogates campaigning across the state. Lisa Murkowski will spend her time on Election Day in Philadelphia and the surrounding suburbs, rallying the more moderate segment of the Republican base in the state. She is joined by Senator Pat Toomey, who gives his full throated support to Murkowski and her policy plan, focusing on the very voters that carried him to victory in 2010 and 2016. The Senator will co-host the watch party with Lisa Murkowski, rallying supporters before she is slated to arrive. Senator Shelley Moore Capito will cross over into Pennsylvania, holding events as she travels up to Pittsburgh, there she highlights Murkowski's energy plan and what it would mean for workers who are struggling under a changing economy. She will lead the GOTV efforts there on Election Day, canvassing and phone banking on behalf of Murkowski. Further north, in Erie, Senator Rob Portman and former Governor John Kasich will spearhead efforts to turn out supporters. There, the two will barnstorm, hold rallies, and meet with volunteers, with a focus on Romney supporters and swing voters in the region. They will hold a watch party on Election Night, keeping in touch with Murkowski and Toomey in Philadelphia. Finally, the NRA will mobilize its members across the state with mailers and robocalls highlighting Murkowski’s support of gun rights, working to solidify support among the numerous gun owners throughout the state.

Delaware

Delaware is a state that the Murkowski campaign believes is winnable, with its moderation and low tax rates, and several surrogates will join the GOTV efforts in the state. Representative Denver Riggleman will cross over from Virginia to rally fiscal conservatives who are more moderate on social issues, especially in the southern portion of the state. Senator Mia Love will also barnstorm the state, focusing her efforts in the north, banking on the overlap with the Philadelphia media market will work in Murkowski’s favor. Senator Love works to boost turnout among suburban women and young voters, a key part of Murkowski’s coalition. Finally, Senator Lindsey Graham joins the efforts in the state, working to boost turnout among veterans and active duty personnel, campaigning around Dover Air Force Base to push Murkowski’s message of a strong, modern military with increased VA oversight.
adamevans
United States

« Reply #760 on: May 01, 2019, 12:53:34 AM »

Sherrod Brown 2020
Rebuild America.

Campaign Ad: Way of Life.

- ad opens with scene of empty parking lot, closed factory -

Factory Worker: "I was a steelworker for 30 years here. This factory used to give 1,000 workers good-paying wages, good-paying jobs, honest work, assembling the best automobiles in the world. It's made in America, y'know, that's more than a slogan, it's a way of life. But one day, we all got a pink slip that our jobs had been terminated, when GM decided to shut it down so they could pay their workers $2 or $3 a day overseas."

- scene cuts to factory worker talking to camera, clips of local community -

"Y'know, it devastated communities like these. We had good jobs, we weren't rich, but it helped me get my daughter through college. And yet, Washington continues to pass all these ridiculous trade pacts and deals that rip off workers like me and destroy communities like these. It's nauseating. The only politician who ever stood up for people like me was Senator Brown."

- scene cuts to Sherrod Brown in industrial communities, with workers -

"He grew up in an industrial town and never forgot his roots. He voted against NAFTA & CAFTA, he stood up to these trade pacts."

"He's fought against cheating China ripping off American manufacturers, taking on currency manipulation and unfair deals."

"He's fighting for good-paying jobs and rebuilding our crumbling infrastructure, and he's taking on the drug company's price gouging."

"Y'know, if there was one person I trusted to stand up for these communities as President, it'd be Sherrod Brown."

- scene cuts to Sherrod Brown campaign logo & legal information -

VO: "I'm Sherrod Brown & I approve this message."

Aired in Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, New York, and Indiana
adamevans
United States

« Reply #761 on: May 01, 2019, 01:40:39 AM »

Sherrod Brown 2020
Rebuild America.

Campaign Ad: Poverty

"For the past 30 years, working families have found it harder and harder to get out of poverty as the minimum wage hardly budges and the cost of living increases."

"The reality is that anyone who's tried to pay a heating bill, fill a prescription, or simply buy groceries knows all too well that the current minimum wage doesn't cut the mustard. Only one candidate marches for a $15 minimum wage."

"Sherrod Brown. He's the only candidate fighting for living wages, a consistent middle class champion hailing from Ohio, rejecting big money because he's not in it for the multi-billionaires, he's in it to rebuild America. For good wages, for us. Sherrod Brown."

VO: "I'm Sherrod Brown & I approve this message."

Aired in Colorado, New Mexico, Puerto Rico, Oregon, Pennsylvania, New York, Wisconsin, Minnesota

Reaired in Pennsylvania, New York, Connecticut, Wisconsin, and Washington
adamevans
United States

« Reply #762 on: May 01, 2019, 01:42:23 AM »

Sherrod Brown 2020
Rebuild America.

Campaign Ad: Hard Work.

- ad opens with various scenes of factory workers -

"Night and day, they work hard making the best steel and aluminum appliances in the world,"

- scene cuts to closed factory -

"But the GM facility they use to work at is now operating overseas where they pay their workers $3 or $4 dollars a day."

- Brown talking directly to camera -

"John Kerry supported the trade agreements that shipped these good-paying jobs overseas. He says it would be a 'terrible mistake' to not pass them. I say that's wrong. I'm proud to say I voted against each of these agreements that lowered wages and costed countless jobs.

- scene cuts to Brown alongside workers -

My plan:

Renegotiate NAFTA, CAFTA, ACMTBA

Reinvigorate the Labor Movement & Repeal Taft-Hartley

Crack Down on China Cheating & Address Trade Deficits

Withdraw from the Anti-Worker TPP

- scene cuts back to Brown talking to camera -

Because it's time to stand up and fight for the hard work of American workers.

That's why I approve this message."

Aired in Illinois, Wisconsin, Indiana, New York, and Pennsylvania

Reaired in Pennsylvania, New York, Indiana, and Wisconsin
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #763 on: May 01, 2019, 08:58:42 AM »

Rhode Island

Rhode Island is a state the Scott campaign expects to win. Mayor Allan Fung of Cranston Rhode Island will be in Cranston mobilizing the local Republican Party for Scott, and getting Republicans out to vote as well as those in the Chinese community. He'll also travel to nearby Providence to rally support for Scott and get as many people as possible out to vote.

Connecticut

Connecticut is another state the Scott campaign, a campaign from the Northeast and heirs to the Rockefeller legacy, will win easily. Chris Sununu will be in the state, in Hartford campaigning on law taxes, and fixing Connecticut's fiscal crisis through federal policies of tax relief and deficit reduction. He'll be joined by Bob Stefanowski, who will play up a potential run for governor in 2022 as well as campaigning on Phil Scott's record of a High Credit Rating and a balanced budget in Vermont. In New Haven Charlie Baker will be there, campaigning on Scott's opioid plan and lenience on Marijuana (Drug Crime is a big problem in New Haven) as well as increasing graduation rates, which Baker accomplished and Scott would with his positive education plan.
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #764 on: May 01, 2019, 02:04:13 PM »

CNN Interview with Senator Sherrod Brown
April 9, 2020

Blitzer: Good evening. I'm Wolf Blitzer, and I'm here with Senator Sherrod Brown ahead of the critical ACELA primaries, which may well determine the fates of numerous presidential candidates. Sherrod, how are you tonight?

Brown: I'm good, Wolf. I've been looking forward to these primaries for a while now.

Blitzer: So have I, Senator, so have I. So, then: in the past few weeks, the Democratic Socialists of America endorsed Governor Sink. Seeing as you and she are working together against Senator Kerry, do you believe the negative stigma around them could hurt you in the general election?

Brown: First of all, I'm not working against Senator Kerry. I've worked with him for several years, he's a respectable person, and at the end of the day, we're all aiming for similar goals, despite the differences between us. But what Governor Sink and I want to do is bring more influence to the 2020 DNC platform to getting money out of politics and taking on Wall Street. This election is huge for ordinary people who know they're not getting a fair share of the pie; that's why, however this primary turns out, we have to make sure the general election is about ordinary people, about the dignity of work, about fair wages. This election is not about Sherrod Brown, it's not about John Kerry, it's not about Alex Sink, it's not about the DSA, or any other Republican contenders. It's about working families, how're we gonna fight for the middle class? And I think that's a major misconception with how some people view this.

Blitzer: A government by the people, for the people. And speaking of this government, obviously, you’ve done very well in recent contests. Do you see this as a turning point for the campaign?

Brown: This momentum this campaign has seen is unlike any I've seen before. I've seen the enthusiasm of people from Illinois, Georgia, Kentucky, and Oregon who spent hours in polling booths to propel this movement forward and I've been honored to lead it. I've seen the faces of union workers in Pennsylvania and Michigan who just want a good-paying job, I've seen the faces of college students who just want to get rid of their excessive debt, I've seen the faces of hard-working families who want a tax cut for the middle class over the rich. They want economic freedom, but they don't want pharmaceutical companies to jack up the price of life-saving drugs; they don't want Walmart to pay them a wage they can't live on; they don't want big business to ship their good-paying job overseas, devastating their community, just to make a profit. What this campaign has been built on is a simple message: rebuild America and rebuild the middle class, and I think that message has resonated with working families across this countries who want a break for them, not the wealthiest CEOs and executives.

Blitzer: A form of populism all Americans can get behind. And, speaking of people associated with populism, one of the biggest questions your campaign has faced is how you convinced Senator Bernie Sanders and endorse you, despite him outpacing you in many early polls. How did you do it?

Brown: Bernie and I have been great friends and strong allies in Congress; we've both fought for working families together in Congress for the past few decades. We both voted against the Iraq War, against the so-called Defense of Marriage Act, against NAFTA and other trade agreements that have shipped good-paying jobs overseas, but, y'know, Bernie's getting a little old, I'm not surprised he called this one off. The campaign trail isn't easy, one thing I've learned over the past year. But we've both built our campaigns on these progressive values, and I think Bernie thought about this endorsement, disregarding his past presidential campaign and polling numbers, who's gonna fight for the middle class, champion progressive values, and bring home a win in November? And for many other Americans, that was probably their reasoning to draft me into this election too.

Blitzer: As they say, there's no prize for second place in presidential politics. Now, on the subject of the general election, what are your thoughts on Angus King’s noncommittal regarding his endorsement? Do you think you’re progressive enough to shift him toward the Republicans should they choose one of their more moderate contenders?

Brown: I know Senator King, he knows me. I've worked with him in the Senate. I'm a progressive, I fight for my values, but I'm not unwilling to compromise. I've worked with Angus to reduce homelessness among other legislation. He knows my work ethic, he knows my values, and he knows we'll deliver results, just like I've worked with my other Ohio senator to tackle the opioid epidemic. I'm certain that he'll come around when he knows it's time to fight for the middle class in this country.

Blitzer: Will the power of friendship save the Democrats' bacon on this critical endorsement? We shall see. Finally, Senator, the economy, after years of growth, appears to be leveling off somewhat. Do you believe this could boost the Democratic position going into the general election?

Brown: For too many Americans, the news about economic growth has been just that -- news. For too many hard-working men and women of this country, they've seen their paychecks hardly increase as the cost of prescription drugs, tuition, childcare, and healthcare continue to rise. Now, we see that even that good news is gone, the reality is that our economy cannot rest on the shoulders of a massively wealthy few. Our economy is strongest when we make certain that our middle class is the strongest in the world. If our party makes sure to press a campaign on reigniting the dignity in work and rebuilding the middle class, I have no doubt we will take back the House, the Senate, and the White House.

Blitzer: Senator Brown, thank you so much for being on. And thank YOU so much for tuning in tonight, and remember to tune in tomorrow night for coverage of the ACELA primaries, and to vote in those primaries if you live in Connecticut, Rhode Island, New York, Pennsylvania, Maryland, or Delaware. I'm Wolf Blitzer, and I'll see you tomorrow.
adamevans
United States

« Reply #765 on: May 01, 2019, 02:22:47 PM »
« Edited: May 01, 2019, 02:28:49 PM by Barron »

Campaign Schedule.

Constants
Always meet with volunteers, staff after primary victories
Always visit college campuses and meet with campus political groups, both Democratic and non-partisan
Always try to eat lunch at local restaurants, with locals
Always meet with campaign officials & discuss strategy, fundraising, grassroots, social media
Always do research on new small towns, including local leaders, issues, etc. to connect with local voters
Always keep note of who is met, bring them up in future speeches
Always talk to anyone who wants to, no matter who they are or what their political affiliation is

Schedule:
April 3-6: New York
April 7-9: Pennsylvania
Primary Day: Philadelphia

New York (Apr. 3 to Apr. 6)
Hold campaign rallies in New York City, Rochester, and Albany, with Senator Kirsten Gillibrand
In NYC: emphasize living wages, strong social safety net, criminal justice reform
Join interviews with local upstate NY newspaper, emphasize middle class tax cuts
Hold voter registration drives in areas with more union workers
Host meets and greets & town halls in local NYC union halls
Target urban African-Americans & upstate WWC voters

"This election is especially important for working families who want a living wage. A job should take you out of poverty, not keep you in it; that's why we need a $15 minimum wage. People in New York City know this the most. The reality is that anyone who's ever tried to pay a heating bill, fill a prescription, or simply buy groceries knows all too well that the current minimum wage doesn't cut the mustard. It's time to make our economy work for main street, not Wall Street. A New Yorker once led the fight to make a minimum wage in the 1930s; he was history's favorite progressive. His name was Franklin Roosevelt. New York has the opportunity to bring back FDR's legacy, take on Wall Street, and rebuild America. It is so important that you get to the polls this upcoming primary and make that happen."

Pennsylvania (Apr. 7 to Apr. 9)
Hold campaign rallies in Pittsburgh, Erie, and Scranton, with John Fetterman & Brendan Boyle
In Pittsburgh: emphasize protecting U.S industry, tout votes against NAFTA & labor union endorsements
Join interviews with newspapers in industrial Pennsylvania, emphasize bringing back U.S jobs & infrastructure
Host special phone-banking session in Philadelphia with staffers, targeting urban African-Americans
Tout bipartisan accomplishments in the Senate to fight the opioid epidemic
Meet with families affected by the opioid epidemic, in roundtable discussions
Target WWC voters in industrial Pennsylvania & African-Americans in urban Pennsylvania

"I grew up in an industrial town myself, communities like these have been totally disenfranchised by big corporations and the Washington status quo. Jobs moving overseas, an inflated opioid epidemic, crumbling roads & bridges, the rising cost of life-saving drugs and medical bills; and yet, Washington and it's lobbyists have continued to ignore all these problems. In Pennsylvania, we need to send a message to Washington. It's time to fight back against job-killing trade deals, it's time to fight back against crumbling infrastructure, it's time to fight back against stagnant wages and rising costs of basic necessities. Pennsylvania, send a message to Wall Street in this upcoming primary; it's time to rebuild America. Make sure you have a plan to vote this upcoming primary."

Philadelphia (Primary Day)
Deliver early-morning pep talk to enthuse campaign staffers
Meet with local senior centers & union halls, coordinate GOTV plan
Hold GOTV drives across Philadelphia, targeting African-American voters
Host major GOTV rally, emphasize wage growth, good-paying jobs, criminal justice reform
Meet with staffers & join efforts to keep voters in poll lines

"Philadelphia, it's time to vote and it's time to send Wall Street a message. This election is crucial for so many reasons. Let's write the next chapter in American history together. Let's rebuild this city's infrastructure. Let's give living wages to hard-working American workers. Let's reform our criminal justice system. Let's unleash an era of progressive reform and make certain once again that America's middle class is the most prosperous in the world. As Martin Luther King Jr. once said, 'Change does not roll in on the wheels of inevitability.' Workers organized in church basements and union halls to make change; child labor laws, workplace safety protections, clean air and drinking water, none of that happened because it was inevitable. It happens because you, people, made the change. Now, we will write the next chapter in our history as a nation."

Surrogate Schedule
John Fetterman: Campaign in industrial Pennsylvania, to WWC voters
Richard Trumka: Campaign in industrial Pennsylvania, to union voters
Robert Reich: Campaign in industrial Pennsylvania, to union voters
Mike Doyle: Campaign in Pittsburgh, to WC voters
Brendan Boyle: Campaign in Philadelphia, to WC voters
Dwight Evans: Campaign in Philadelphia, to urban African-American voters
Mary Gay Scanlon: Campaign in suburban Pennsylvania, to women voters
Andrew Cuomo: Campaign in New York, to WC voters
Kirsten Gillibrand: Campaign in NYC, to women voters
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez: Campaign in NYC, to urban minorities
Yvette Clark: Campaign in NYC, to urban minorities
Chris Murphy: Campaign in Connecticut, to urban minorities
Ed Markey: Campaign in Connecticut, to suburban voters

wc = working class of all races

Superstar Surrogates
Barack Obama: Appear in Philadelphia, campaign to urban minorities
Jay Inslee: Appear in Seattle, campaign to young, progressive voters
Hillary Clinton: Appear in NYC, campaign to women voters
Bernie Sanders: Appear in upstate New York, campaign to WWC voters

Demographic Strategy
New York: Aggressively target urban minorities in NYC + upstate working class voters
Pennsylvania: Aggressively target urban minorities + working class voters in industrial PA
Connecticut: Cut into Kerry's suburban voters & urban minorities in urban cities
Maryland: Target urban minorities in Baltimore
Delaware: Target working class voters state-wide
adamevans
United States

« Reply #766 on: May 01, 2019, 04:50:47 PM »

Remarks from John Fetterman in Pittsburgh

"We have an epidemic of inequality in this country. Something has to be done; the interest of corporations, the interest of the establishment, the interest of big money, is not the interest of working families across the commonwealth or across this country. That's why I'm proud to be supporting Sherrod Brown. Sherrod and I agree on a lot where we've got to take this country forward, whether it's trade, whether it's middle class tax cuts, whether it's taking on Wall Street. He's fighting for the working families in industrial Pennsylvania and especially here in Pittsburgh. He's not working for those multi-billionaires, he's working for industrial America, that's where he was raised. I know Sherrod Brown hasn't forgot his roots.

I was mayor of a small industrial town in Braddock. I've seen the struggles of people living in industrial communities first hand. The poverty, the lack of good-paying jobs, the exacerbated opioid epidemic; it's all been ignored by Wall Street and Washington because it's not in their interest, excessive tax cuts for the rich are. We need someone who is really going to reinvest in our country's first, who's really gonna rebuild the middle class. We need someone who understands communities like these, who's gonna fight for criminal justice reform, fight for fairer trade, fight an exacerbated opioid epidemic.

This election is fundamentally defining for communities out here in industrial America. We need a President who's going to stand up to Wall Street and fight for the interests of working families who need good-paying jobs. Sherrod Brown has spent his entire career consistently championing the fight for working families, now, more than ever, we need to vote him into the White House."

Organizational Support
AFL-CIO: Push efforts in industrial Pennsylvania & upstate New York, targeting union workers
Working Families Party: Push efforts in NYC + urban PA, targeting working class voters
NAACP: Push efforts in NYC + Philadelphia, targeting urban African-Americans
SEIU: Push efforts in urban Pennsylvania, targeting urban union voters
NEA: Push efforts in rural PA + NY, targeting unionized education workers + parents
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #767 on: May 01, 2019, 04:54:46 PM »

Phil Scott Ad #11: Not in Washington

To air in California, Wyoming Oklahoma, Virginia, North Carolina, and Florida Pennsylvania and New York (emphasis on upstate)

Phil Scott Narrating: I don't spend my time in the congressional cloakroom. I'm out here on Thunder Road.

I've been racing since I was a kid, I've been on the track on Thunder Road for years.

(Zoooooom)

Phil Scott: When I wasn't on the track, I was building my small business. And then as governor, cutting taxes and bringing politicians together to get stuff done for you.

Phil Scott: As President, I'll cut taxes for every American, and hold politicians and Wall Street accountable. I'd be honored to have your support.

"I'm Phil Scott, I approve this message cause I haven't been in Washington, I've been out here with you."

Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #768 on: May 01, 2019, 06:15:14 PM »

Election Night 2020
with your hosts, Wolf Blitzer and John King

Intro Music

Blitzer: Good evening. I'm Wolf Blitzer.

King: And I'm John King.

Blitzer: And we're here to bring you the results of the ACELA primaries. That's Connecticut, Maryland, Delaware, Rhode Island, and, most critically from a delegate total standpoint, Pennsylvania and New York.

King: We are, indeed, Wolf, and we'll be following the same format our friends at NBC News used when they covered the mid-spring primaries.

Blitzer: We are, indeed, John. The methodology needs no introduction, so, without further ado, welcome to...

Both: Election Night in America!
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #769 on: May 01, 2019, 06:33:03 PM »

Election Night 2020

Intro Music

Blitzer: And we're back, as it's now 8:00 PM in the east, and all polls have closed except for New York.

King: Indeed they have, Wolf, and we have the following calls to make:

PHIL SCOTT WINS THE CONNECTICUT REPUBLICAN PRIMARY

PHIL SCOTT WINS THE RHODE ISLAND REPUBLICAN PRIMARY

PHIL SCOTT WINS THE MARYLAND REPUBLICAN PRIMARY

Blitzer: Scott here cutting a deal with Senator Murkowski that she wouldn't campaign in Maryland in exchange for his not campaigning in West Virginia; it remains to be seen who's getting the better deal out of that.

JOHN KERRY WINS THE MARYLAND DEMOCRATIC PRIMARY

JOHN KERRY WINS THE DELAWARE DEMOCRATIC PRIMARY

King: And that'll be all the calls we can make right now. Stay tuned.
adamevans
United States

« Reply #770 on: May 01, 2019, 06:44:36 PM »

Campaign Update from Sherrod Brown

Sherrod Brown's campaign in the urban centers of NYC & Philadelphia are spending money on orders of fast food, from McDonalds, Arby's, and other fast food joints, to those cities where lines are long and vote sums are large. Sherrod Brown, himself, is meeting with voters in Philadelphia still in line to encourage them to vote, accompanied by Connie Schultz and lots of coffee. Campaign staff are using every effort, line chants, phonebanking (in New York, where polls haven't closed), etc, to keep voters in line in these crucial primaries. At the campaign HQ, supporters are anticipating results as they come in.
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #771 on: May 01, 2019, 06:47:05 PM »

Election Night 2020

Intro Music

Blitzer: And we're back, as it's now 9:00 PM in the east, and all polls have closed in New York.

King: Indeed they have, Wolf, and we have the following call to make:

PHIL SCOTT WINS THE NEW YORK REPUBLICAN PRIMARY

King: And that'll be all the calls we can make right now. Both races still out in Pennsylvania, while the Democrats wait on New York, Connecticut, and Rhode Island, and the Republicans are still waiting on Delaware. Stay tuned.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #772 on: May 01, 2019, 06:54:25 PM »

Campaign Update

The Pizza is back! Across Pittsburgh, Scranton, and Philadelphia, Scott Campaign Volunteers are rushing to local pizza stores and grabbing pies and rushing them to voters on line. Brian Fitzpatrick is on some the lines, talking to people, and in some places, TVs with the Phillies/Pirates game are being brought in.
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #773 on: May 01, 2019, 06:58:58 PM »

Election Night 2020

Intro Music

Blitzer: And we're back, as it's now 9:47 PM in the east.

King: Indeed it is, Wolf, and we have the following call to make:

JOHN KERRY WINS THE CONNECTICUT DEMOCRATIC PRIMARY

Blitzer: Kerry winning this state despite a combined effort by Senator Brown and Governor Sink to beat him there and in Rhode Island; the latter of the two is still out.

King: Indeed it is. And that'll be all the calls we can make right now. Stay tuned.
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #774 on: May 01, 2019, 07:09:25 PM »

Election Night 2020

Intro Music

Blitzer: And we're back, as it's now 9:47 PM in the east.

King: Indeed it is, Wolf, and we have the following calls to make:

LISA MURKOWSKI WINS THE PENNSYLVANIA REPUBLICAN PRIMARY

PHIL SCOTT WINS THE DELAWARE REPUBLICAN PRIMARY

Blitzer: And that will conclude the Republican segment of tonight's results, while we await three tight races for the Democrats: Pennsylvania and New York, hardfought races between Senator Kerry and Senator Brown, and Rhode Island, where Kerry was viewed as safe until the Brown-Sink deal, which has put him in contention with the Governor.

King: And so we wait. Stay tuned.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 ... 40  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies