The Great 2020 Free-For-All (Gameplay Thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:31:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  The Great 2020 Free-For-All (Gameplay Thread)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 40
Poll
Question: So, to mix things up a little, I've been thinking about changing the network for the election updates every month. Which one should I do for February?
CNN
FOX News
ABC
CBS
Just stick with NBC.
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: The Great 2020 Free-For-All (Gameplay Thread)  (Read 35677 times)
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: 0.52

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 19, 2019, 11:05:03 AM »

The 2020 campaign cycle begins in earnest with nine Democrats, seven Republicans, and an independent vying for the top job. On the Democratic side, Georgia Governor Stacey Abrams holds a significant, but far from insurmountable, lead, partly due to the dropping out of former President Obama, who was widely expected to run for a second non-consecutive term. On the Republican front, Vice President Paul Ryan leads the pack, but it would be foolhardy to call him untouchable at this point. Also running is MLB commissioner Rob Manfred, who has rejected the idea of running for a party's nomination in favor of an independent campaign. With that, the phrase of the day seems to be this: Game on!

CNN/SSRS Democratic Primary Poll, 15-18 January 2019
Stacey Abrams - 18%

Beto O'Rourke - 10%
Sherrod Brown - 9%
Celia Curtis - 7%
Alex Sink - 6%
John Kerry - 5%
Jay Inslee - 5%
Tulsi Gabbard - 4%
Pete Buttigieg - 3%
Undecided - 33%
adamevans
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2019, 02:22:25 PM »

Dignity of Work Tour Announcement

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

In the long run, this tour is conducted to boost name recognition as well as promote Sherrod's vision for the country.
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2019, 04:28:16 PM »

Ok, so just so everyone's aware, your first in-game endorsement credits (your polling percentage/5) are available now. Credits will be distributed every Saturday, and you're free to use them or let them accumulate at your leisure. I will keep a running tally of who has how many.
terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2019, 05:54:28 PM »

Carly Fiorina Speaks at March for Life as She Explores Run
A Conservative America
January 18th, 2019 at the March for Life

Former Congresswoman Lynn Jenkins (R-KS): Nothing is more precious than a human life no matter how young. Sadly the Democratic party doesn't understand that. We have an aggressive pro-choice agenda in Washington that has allowed millions of innocent lives since Roe v. Wade was decided. We must have pro-life leaders who will continue to protect unborn fetuses like we have had in Washington for the last eight years had under President Romney and the Republican house and senate. We have been able to do so much for the unborn but we need to do more. We need to protect every child no matter the age, no matter the trimester.

That is why I founded Maggie's List which endorses pro-life women candidates. I am so proud of how well Maggie's List has done on congressional and gubernatorial candidates, we have been able to elect Joni Ernst, we have been able to elect Nikki Haley, we have been able to elect Barbara Comstock and many more to spread the pro-life values and ideas. Sadly, we have yet to be able to get a pro-life woman in the white house but in 2020, that will change. We have two strong candidates, Alveda King, and Carly Fiorina but my full endorsement is going to Carly Fiorina. When all her political advisors in California told her to be pro-choice and abandoned her values to beat Barbara Boxer in 2010, she didn't do it. She held her values strong because they mean so much to her. It might have cost her a Senate seat but at least did what she believed was right for her country. That is something politicians need more of, a spine. That is something, Carly Fiorina has. She stood up for her pro-life values in California and will do it in the White House. Fiorina is not a career politician, she is a businesswoman fixing her country.

I believe we don't need another career politician telling us are values anymore, we need someone who will stand up for our values and will stand up for pro-life legislation. That candidate is Carly Fiorina and I am so proud to introduce you to the next president of the United States of America, Carly Fiorina.

Carly Fiorina walks out to Fight Song by Rachel Platten

Carly Fiorina (R-VA): Lynn has done a great job in the pro-life movement. She has elected hundreds of pro-life officials from State Representative to Senator to Governor. She has spread the conservative and pro-life movement to women too. That is why I am so proud to have the endorsement of such a powerful pro-life activist on my team as I explored a bid for the Presidency. As I went on this journey, I felt so inspired by the people I meant who believe so deeply in this issue as I do. I am proud of my stance on this issue, I am proud to stand with the unborn and will never compromise my values.

I was hoping another candidate would join the race that felt so deeply about this issue as I do and will not compromise their values once they get to Washington for political gain. Sadly, there was no candidate in the presidential race with those characteristics. There needs to be a candidate for the people in this crowd, there needs to be a candidate for the unborn.

The Democrats have moved so far to the left that they have tried to make being pro-life, a war against women. The Democrats do not understand that we are pro-life, not because we are against women, we are for allowing every god's gift to be born and be given life and not be murdered because the mother thinks the baby will screw up their lives. I am not anti-women, I am pro-life and proud that I am a woman. We need a candidate proud to say that, sadly we don't which is why I started to explore a bid for the presidency and that is the reason I am here today.

I will criss-cross this nation to support pro-life values and once we win the White House, we will start to fight to protect the unborn that are the most incident. When I am in the White House, I will never support an organization that tears human beings apart and sell their body parts and I will never make the American people foot the bill for my support like the Democrats have done budget after budget for planned parenthood. The president of Planned Parenthood has said one of her primary goals is to provide access to abortion, how sicking is that. What is sicker is that the Democrats think we should pay for this murder of innocent life. As president on day one, I will cut spending for planned parenthood.

If I run, I want to be the candidate for president for every single person in this crowd, I want to be the candidate for president for the pro-life movement and I want to be the candidate for the conservative movement. Let's finally break that glass ceiling, I have constantly done it in the business world and I am ready to take out the hardest one in the political world wether is me as the candidate or another conservative women.

Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2019, 08:03:39 PM »

Also, quick note for the Republican field: as is standard practice, President Romney will be endorsing the Republican nominee, rather than interfering in the primaries.
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2019, 09:48:09 PM »

Election Update 2020
with your hosts, Lester Holt and Chuck Todd

Holt: Good evening. I'm Lester Holt.

Todd: And I'm Chuck Todd.

Both: And this is your Election Update.

Holt: And we begin tonight with yet another campaign announcement, and quite a surprising one, too.

Todd: Indeed, Lester. Here it is.

Holt: This declaration coming from MLB Commissioner Rob Manfred and seemingly also from out of nowhere.

Todd: Indeed it is, Lester. Manfred was never even speculated about before his surprise declaration, and it'll be interesting to see what the other candidates make of him.

Holt: Well, he won't have to worry about them for a while since, rather than trying to battle his way through the primaries, Manfred has elected to run as an independent.

Todd: Smart thinking, that, Lester.

Holt: Indeed it is, Chuck. We also have a few endorsements to announce. Let's listen in.

Holt: And there you have it. While another congresswoman cuddles up to Carly Fiorina, another African-American heavy hitter endorses Georgia Governor Stacey Abrams.

Todd: You did that on purpose.

*Both chuckle*

Holt: And, before we go, we have another treat for you. Here with us tonight is US Senator from Alaska and exploring presidential candidate Lisa Murkowski. Lisa, how are you tonight?

Murkowski: I'm good, Lester. I'm glad to be on tonight.

Holt: And we're glad to have you. Now, my first question tonight: in recent polling, you've come in behind only Vice President Ryan, but you're only leading Governors Haley and Baker by a small margin. How do you intend to break away from the pack, then go after the Vice President?

Murkowski: Well, first of all, I’m humbled by the overwhelming support I’ve received since declaring my intentions. As for what makes this campaign different, I plan on offering a new path forward, that takes what has worked under the Romney administration, and leaves what hasn’t. This may mean I disagree with the President, and my colleagues running, but I will vow to treat them with respect.

Holt: A strategy that's done well in getting you this far, no doubt about it. Now, Senator, many note your reputation as something of a maverick, particularly with your vote to retain Obamacare in 2015. Do you believe this could cause trouble for you with the primary voters?

Murkowski: As many of your viewers may be aware, I lost a Republican primary for my Senate seat in 2010, only to win the general election, and then both my next primary and general election. I will never be the candidate who wins a litmus test, but neither would Ronald Reagan, and I believe the primary voters recognize the value of an independent voice in the White House to shake up the system.

Holt: Such a voice might be a breath of fresh air to a lot of primary and general election voters. As such, if you do become the President, what will your first 100 days be like?

Murkowski: I have a bold plan for my first 100 days, including a bill loosening regulations for small businesses and family farms, allowing them to continue lifting up our economy. I also plan on following through on the President’s plan for increased trade with the UK following Brexit, signaling to our allies that America keeps the promises we make. Finally, I have drafted a bill that would codify the policy of allowing transgender individuals to serve in our military. Our military must be strong, agile, and ensure that any American that wishes to serve may, regardless of whomever is in office at the time.

Holt: A big maverick promise there, folks. Finally, Senator, if you could tell the American public one thing tonight, what would it be?

Murkowski: The Republican Party is a big tent party. We have room to have disagreements and discussions on our path forward. That is an ideal that has followed me throughout my years of public service, and will allow us to reach voters who may not have voted in a Republican primary before. I may not be the most ideologically pure candidate in this race, however, I am the candidate that will work hardest to be a voice for the American public, not special interests.

Holt: Senator Murkowski, thanks for being on tonight.

Murkowski: My pleasure, Lester.

Holt: *Faces camera.* And that will be all for tonight. Join us on Monday, Martin Luther King, Jr., Day, when we interview former Massachusetts Senator John Kerry.

Holt: I'm Lester Holt.

Both: And this has been your Election Update.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2019, 12:05:48 AM »

Tulsi Gabbard to run for President

"I'm not running for President to try and drown the progressive movement. I am running because of the progressive movement. I resigned from the DNC to endorse Bernie Sanders in 2016, and still believe that the progressive movement is America's movement.

I am well aware of my past social conservatism and my shameful anti-LGBT positions. I am thoroughly ashamed of my past and am attempting to make amends, though I am aware I never may fully be able to. I am also formally cutting my ties with Hindu nationalist groups; their beliefs do not coincide with my own going forward.

I am a combat veteran. I have served in the Middle East and understand what is going on there more than your typical Washington insider. They send brave men and women off to die while counting their money and not caring about the 19 year old taking cover in a foxhole. It was my experience in the military that has informed my positions today.

I am running for President this year, and it doesn't matter how little chance the media gives us of getting anywhere! We don't want the backing of big donors or SuperPACs nor do we need it!

Together, we can build a better future. That is why I am running for President.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2019, 11:22:03 AM »

John Kerry

"Im running for President as a committed Liberal, defending our policies that have been the centre of our parties values for almost 100 years, I am a uniter I can bring all the reaches of our party together, I have been endorsed by one of the faces of the Progressive movement and one of my deep friends in Elizabeth Warren, as well as touting the support of Representative Joe Kennedy III."

"The Kerry campaign is a spirited defense of Liberalism and the Democratic Ideals, while not pushing for policies that the general American public does not support. Universal Healthcare is our number one priority, the next issues we will be tackling are reforming our immigration system, and Criminal Justice reform."

"Together a united America can bring our nation away from division and into the future. We saw 4 years ago what a divided Democratic Party would do, but today we see what a united party will do. I call on Progressives, Blue Dogs, New Democrats, and Old Democrats. Those who were spirited supporters of the New Deal, and those who were at the forefront of the Great Society."

"United we stand! Divided we fall! This is not just a call to action for a United Democratic Party, but for a united America!"

terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2019, 11:34:00 AM »

Carly Fiorina Expolartory Commitee Advertisment
"A Real Leader"
Bought in Iowa, Nevada, Minnesota, Califronia, Virginia, Maryland and Washington D.C.

We need real leaders in Washington but we won't find it in Washington

Career politicians in Washington have lied to us, has stolen from us and has been bought out by lobbist

We need a leader from outside of Washington like Carly Fiorina
Carly Fiorina blazed a path for women in the business world when she became the first female CEO of a fortune 500 company which is a far way from where she started. She climbs the ladder from a sectary at a small firm to the highest position a woman has ever gotten in business. Now, Carly is exploring a run for president because she is fed up with the career politicians in Washington. Tell Carly to run for president by going to CarlyForAmerica.com and emailing her so we can have a real leader in Washington.

Paid For By Carly For America
terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2019, 04:00:59 PM »

Carly Fiorina Travel Scheadule from January 19th to 26th 2019

Janaury 19th to 23rd: Califronia

January 19th:
Simi Valley, CA: Donor Brunch Urging them to Donate to her Super PAC or Exploratory Committee
San Diego, CA: Meet and Greet with CA GOP members

January 20th:
San Fransico, CA: Hire Campaign Staffers and Realise list to Fox News

Janaury 21st to 22nd:
Long Beach, CA: Vacation with Fiorina Family

January 23rd:
San Jose, CA: Meet with John Cox and other High Profile CA GOP
San Fransico, CA: Pick Location for National Carly For President Headquarters
San Fransico, CA: Discuss Strategy with Campaign Manager, Finance Director, and Communication Director
San Fransico, CA: Announce Carly For America Tour in Nevada, Arizona, and California from February 1st to 9th

January 24th: Nevada

January 24th:
Reno, NV: Speech with the Nevada GOP to discuss Woman Problem in the Party
Las Vegas, NV: Meet and Greet with Former Governor Brian Sandoval and Former Representative Joe Heck

January 25th to 26th: Virginia and Washington D.C.

January 25th:
Arlington, VA: Meet and Greet with Rep. Barbara Comstock and former Rep. Lynn Jenkins as they urge Fiorina to run
Virginia Beach, VA: Speech to Donors
Fairfax, VA: Meet and Greet with Woman Virginia Republicans

January 26th:
Washington D.C: Fundraisers with Comstock and Jenkins

Carly For America Staff List

Campaign Chair: Represenative Barbara Comstock (R-VA)
Campaign Manager: Frank Sadler
Assiant Campaign Manger: Jayme Odom and Sarah Clamp
Communications Director: Leslie Shedd
Online Communications Director: Greg Mueller
Finace Director: Anna Epstein
Political Director: Unfilled
Consultent: Tom Szold

Iowa State Director: Mary Earnherdt
New Hampshire State Director: Kerry Marsh
South Carolina State Director: Unfilled
Nevada State Director: Keith Appell

Intern Cordinator: Steve DeMaura
Students for Carly Chair: Ben Hitchcock
Mycool

Political Matrix
E: -4.58, S: -6.52

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2019, 08:47:58 PM »

Murkowski Releases Statement about MLK Day

“Today we remember Dr, Martin Luther King Jr., who was a thought leader that inspired real change in this country. While carrying forward his memory, we must all remember to uphold the peaceful values he brought to his dissent, and his focus on justice for Americans. We must stay vigilant in the overreach of government in the rights of its people, as Dr. King did in his time.”
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2019, 10:11:24 PM »

Election Update 2020

Holt: Well, no new candidates to report to you tonight, but we do have a new endorsement for you. Let's take a listen.

Holt: Yet another major endorsement from Kerry's home state of Massachusetts. And speaking of Senator Kerry, we have him on tonight. John, always a pleasure.

Kerry: It really is, Lester.

Holt: All right, Senator, here's your first question: Perhaps the one factors people cite most when attacking your candidacy is your age (77 on Inauguration Day). How would you respond to those who find that an issue?

Kerry: Is my age really a problem? I have more experience then the rest of the field combined, it looks like. I served in the United States Navy, was wounded 3 times, and was awarded the Silver Star for my actions. I was a United States Senator for 30 years, chairing the Senate Committees on Small Business and on Foreign Relations. If you're going to attack my candidacy based on age, I'll fire right back on experience.

Holt: Kerry not afraid to take aim at his opponents' youth and inexperience. Now then, as you know, former President Obama recently said it was time for the party to "move on." Do you believe those remarks could hurt you as the primaries loom closer?

Kerry: We tried moving on with President Obama, but it clearly didn't work, as he was defeated in 2012. I respect the President, and he was a committed defender of our liberal values in the White House, but he wasn't what we needed. We need a Liberal in the mold of Kennedy, Roosevelt, and Truman. I am that kind of Liberal.

Holt: No more Mr. Flip-Flop this time, it would seem. Naysayers aside, what would your first 100 days in office be like?

Kerry: My first 100 days will bring sweeping reform; we will be working with Democratic majorities, and that's a promise. We will bring relief to the American people who have been surrendered by the winner-take-all economics and the deep taxation and regulation cuts of the Republican administrations.

Holt: A strong new message from an old candidate. Finally, Senator, if you could tell the American people one thing tonight, what would it be?

Kerry: HELP IS ON THE WAY! If you're a middle class steelworker, help is on the way! This is the key to my campaign! Help is on the way!

Holt: Senator Kerry, always wonderful to have you on.
*faces camera*
And that will be all for tonight. Join us on Wednesday night when we interview conservative commentator Ben Shapiro.

Holt: Until then, I'm Lester Holt.

Huey Long is a Republican
New Tennessean Politician
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2019, 10:39:09 AM »

Avela King Travel Schedule : January 19th-26th

January 19th-21st

Campaign Across New Hampshire, meeting with the voters of the state and talking about how her policies could help the average every day citizens. She also appoints several citizens as the campaign chairs for her in the states.

January 22nd-26th

Campaign across Iowa, discussing the importance of agriculture and meeting with local farmers on how to help them continue and get better at what they do.
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2019, 12:16:32 PM »

What Rob Manfred did part 1

Manfred made several videos to his social media explaining his campaign and what message he wants to send and started a week social media series where he would talk to the voters every week and talk about how he would fix them.

In the first video he explained about reducing milltary spending and using that money to invest in space and national parks and the infrastructure system.

In the second video he talked about fixing the economy without having to raise taxes on the middle class. He promised a middle class tax for 10% and a tax credit for small businesses and a valence budget by the end of his first term.

Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2019, 10:49:14 PM »

Election Update 2020

Holt: Well, tonight, we have little to tell you about the election, other than a few updates on already-declared candidates.

Todd: That's right, Lester. Today, HP CEO Carly Fiorina announced her Carly for America tour across three states: California, Nevada, and Arizona. Let's listen in.

Holt: Meanwhile, Sherrod Brown continuing his Dignity of Work tour as he, in the eyes of many, inches closer to a presidential run next year.

Todd: At the same time, declared candidate Alveda King is now touring Iowa and speaking to local farmers, while surprise independent candidate Rob Manfred lays out his campaign's positions on social media.

Holt: And speaking of other candidates, we have one here tonight, conservative political commentator Ben Shapiro. Ben, how are you tonight?

Shapiro: Oh, I'm doing great, Lester. Yourself?

Holt: I'm quite well, thank you. Now, my first question: obviously, you’re struggling a bit in the polls at this point. However, you’ve become well known for your capability with debates. Do you think this strength is your key to the nomination?

Shapiro: Absolutely. Debates are where I shine the most. Americans don’t want to hear a politician’s false promises on the debate stage. Americans want to hear real and tangible solutions while keeping things factual and relevant.

Holt: A man who works with his advantages, I see. Now, throughout your career, you’ve made some pretty controversial remarks. Do you believe these would come back to bite you in the general election?

Shapiro: Well, I have no doubt that my opponents will try to be intellectually dishonest about my record. This is, unfortunately, what comes with today’s modern politics. I am not worried in the slightest because I think Americans all over will be reasonable to see through a politician’s deception.

Holt: Working that outsider angle, a popular move in recent years. Now, assuming you manage to surge in the polls following the debates, what would your first 100 days be like?

Shapiro: My first 100 days would involve a lot of changes to the federal government and a lot of sweeping changes that I feel would do more than what has been accomplished so far. You’d see a sweep of regulations being slashed, fewer executive orders, government power largely being devolved to the states, strengthening free trade agreements, and an administration that will be very active on domestic issues such as healthcare and entitlement reform.

Holt: A clear and almost libertarian-esque vision for the future. Finally, Ben, if you could tell the American people one thing tonight, what would it be?

Shapiro: What I would tell them is simple. I am here to be a fresh alternative for the Republican Party and the nation as a whole. I may not be a governor, senator, or representative, but it doesn’t take much to recognize the issues that this country still faces. For a long time I’ve been an advocate for the issues that Republicans have rallied around for decades, whether it be the protection of life, fiscal economics, free trade, or a strong foreign policy, and that’s why I believe I am the candidate best for this time and this election.

Holt: Ben Shapiro, thank you so much for being on.

Shapiro: My pleasure, Lester.

Holt: *faces camera*
And that will be all for tonight, folks. Join us Friday night when we interview Mayor Pete Buttigieg of South Bend, Indiana.

Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2019, 10:40:55 PM »

Election Update 2020

Holt: Well, tonight, there actually isn't much election news.

Todd: Yes, and so we bring you some more generic political news: President Romney responded today to criticism from businessman and, more and more, right-wing agitator Donald Trump, who was complaining about President Romney's continued support for transgenders in the military.

Holt: An interesting response, appealing to conservative support of the Armed Services to defend against conservative distaste for transgenders participating therein. And speaking of people on the LGBTQ+ spectrum, we have a very special guest tonight, South Bend, Indiana, Mayor Pete Buttigieg. Pete, how are you tonight?

Buttigieg: I'm good, Lester. Yourself?

Holt: I'm doing well, Pete. Now, my first question: obviously, you've been struggling to gain traction in a field filled with Democratic heavyweights, both old and new. How do you intend to overcome this issue?

Buttigieg: The most experienced politicians lost in 2012 and 2016; we need new people in the White House and change.

Holt: An outsider's life for you, eh, Pete? Now, you've also become known as an ardent critic of the Romney administration. What, in your opinion, is his greatest error?

Buttigieg: I think that the fact that he hasn't helped workers in America, like in West Virginia or in Maryland, Alabama, Florida! He's hurt American workers by being too free trade.

Holt: A battle cry of the Democrats since 1933: the Party of the People! That said, how would you do things differently in your first 100 days in office?

Buttigieg: I would make jobs programs to help the American people, I would set up a plan to make the government invest in small businesses if they are in areas that need investment, I would do a Universal Basic Income of $1000 per month for all Americans, and I would raise the minimum wage to $10.25 per hour.

Holt: A Newer Deal, by the sound of it. Finally, if there's one thing you could tell the American people tonight, what would it be?

Buttigieg: I will make America greater for all!

Holt: Pete Buttigieg, thanks for being on.

Buttigieg: It was a pleasure to be here, Lester.

Holt: *faces camera*
And that will be all for tonight, folks. Tune in Sunday night when we interview Assistant House Minority Leader Tulsi Gabbard.

McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.68, S: -3.48

P P P
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2019, 12:09:03 PM »

ALEX SINK FOR PRESIDENT

On Saturday Governor Alex Sink arranged an event in Miami Beach on her plans to run for President, here is what she had to say:
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2019, 12:30:26 PM »
« Edited: January 28, 2019, 04:35:43 PM by DatGOTTho »

Credits released for the week of Jan. 26 - Feb. 1, 2019

Current total credits:

Vice President Paul Ryan: 6.8
Senator Lisa Murkowski: 5.2
Frmr. Governor Nikki Haley: 4.8
Governor Stacey Abrams: 4.2
Frmr. Rep. Beto O'Rourke: 4
Senator Sherrod Brown: 3.6
Celebrity Celia Curtis: 2.8
Governor Alex Sink: 2.4
Commentator Ben Shapiro: 2.4
CEO Carly Fiorina: 2.2
Governor Jay Inslee: 2
Commissioner Rob Manfred: 2
Rep. Tulsi Gabbard: 1.6
Frmr. State Rep. Alveda King: 1.6
Mayor Pete Buttigieg: 1.2
Frmr. Senator John Kerry: 1
Governor Phil Scott: 2
Frmr. Senator/Frmr. Commerce Secretary Rick Santorum: 2
Senator Rob Portman: 2
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2019, 01:32:26 PM »
« Edited: January 31, 2019, 04:35:48 PM by DatGOTTho »

As there seems to be some confusion over who's endorsed whom, here's a list of candidates and their current endorsements.

Democrats
Stacey Abrams
Oprah Winfrey, talk show host and major celebrity
Barack Obama, 44th POTUS
Hillary Clinton, Democratic presidential nominee in 2016
Peter Welch, US Rep. from VT-AL

Sherrod Brown
Bernie Sanders, US Senator from Vermont and runner-up in 2016
AFL-CIO, major labor union federation
Jeff Merkley, US Senator from Oregon
Amy Klobuchar, US Senator from Minnesota
Tulsi Gabbard, House Assistant Minority Leader, US Rep. from HI-02, and former candidate

Pete Buttigieg
Dave Loebsack, US Rep. from IA-02
Steven Horsford, US Rep. from NV-04
Tom Vilsack, former Governor of Iowa

John Kerry
Elizabeth Warren, US Senator from Massachusetts
Joe Kennedy III, US Rep. from MA-04
Steny Hoyer, US Rep. from MD-05
Adam Schiff, House Minority Whip, US Rep. from CA-28
Tim Ryan, House Minority Leader, US Rep. from OH-13
Joe Biden, 47th Vice President of the United States

Beto O'Rourke
Bill Clinton, 42nd POTUS

Alex Sink
Tom Harkin, former US Senator from Iowa
National Education Union
Chet Culver, former Governor of Iowa

Republicans
Justin Amash
Rand Paul, US Senator from Kentucky
Thomas Massie, US Rep. from KY-04
Ron Paul, former US Rep. from TX-14

Carly Fiorina
Barbara Comstock, US Rep. from VA-10
Lynn Jenkins, former US Rep. from KS-02

Lisa Murkowski
Susan Collins, US Senator from Maine
Kelly Ayotte, US Senator from New Hampshire

Rob Portman
John Kasich, former Governor of Ohio
Mike DeWine, Governor of Ohio

Rick Santorum
Pat Toomey, US Senator from Pennsylvania
Lou Barletta, former US Rep. from PA-11

Phil Scott
Elise Stefanik, US Rep. from NY-21
Charlie Baker, Governor of Massachusetts and former candidate
Jim Douglas, former Governor of Vermont
Larry Hogan, Governor of Maryland
Charlie Dent, US Rep. from PA-07
Ryan Costello, US Rep. from PA-06

Independents
Rob Manfred
Gary Johnson, former Governor of New Mexico and Libertarian presidential nominee in 2016

All other candidates have no endorsements at this time.
VirginiaAaron
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -1.57

P P P

« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2019, 07:23:22 PM »

BAKER FOR PRESIDENT

Baker said at his announcement today:
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2019, 08:23:10 PM »

Our Future Tour Announcement

McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.68, S: -3.48

P P P
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2019, 08:24:42 PM »

Alex Sink Travel Schedule from January 27th to February 2nd

January 27th-January 29th: Iowa

January 27th
Des Moines, Iowa: Donor Brunch with PAC and SuperPAC Owners and Contributors
Pleasant Hill, Iowa: Meet & Greet with the Polk County Democrats Volunteers and Staff

January 28th
Cedar Rapids, Iowa: Meet with Local Leaders in the Linn County, Iowa area
Olin, Iowa: Hire staffers in the Eastern Iowa region

January 29th
Montrose, Iowa: Meet Workers at Gregory Manufacturing Company
Fort Madison, Iowa: Meet with Workers and Owners of Weisinger Farms
Danville, Iowa: Meet with Farmers and Workers on the Jones' Family Farm

January 30th-February 1st

January 30th
Concord, New Hampshire: Donor Brunch with the Leadership Alliance PAC, Center Forward, and other PACs
Concord, New Hampshire: Meet and Greet with Merrimack County Democrats

January 31st
Manchester, New Hampshire: Meet with United We Can PAC Executives and Donors
Kingston, New Hampshire: Hire Staff in the Southern New Hampshire area

January 1st
Nashua, New Hampshire: Meet with Hillsborough County Democrats
Nashua, New Hampshire: Hire staff in the Hillsborough County area

February 2nd: Florida

February 2nd
Miami, Florida: Meet with Donors and Executives from the Florida Values PAC, Progress Tomorrow PAC, United for Progress Inc. PAC, and others
Miami, Florida: Meet with members and volunteers from the Miami-Dade County Democratic Party
PApolitics
Rookie
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2019, 02:03:47 AM »

Former US Senator Rick Santorum (PA) Throws His Hat Into Presidential Contest

Earlier today, former Republican Senator Rick Santorum, of Pennsylvania, announced that he is running for President. In his announcement speech in Pittsburgh, Santorum cited "lack of morals and values" as one of the reasons he is running:

"Today in America, we seem to have forgotten that we were always a nation of morals, values, and law. Rampant illegal immigration, abortion, and endless wars are burdening our nation."

Santorum is seen as a favorite of the conservative branch of the Republican Party, and he knows it. He will be traveling to Iowa and South Carolina to build up excitement in those conservative, early contests.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2019, 02:31:52 AM »

Schedule for Tulsi Gabbard
[/b]

January 27-30: Gabbard travalled through Iowa these days after kicking off her campaign in Hawaii, meeting with liberal voters and attempting to drum up their support. Despite knowing that she's likely to struggle early on for the progressive vote, she firmly believes that she can do it. She would also travel throug much of the rural farming areas, touting her plans to aid small farmers and protect them from major corporate farms by passing farmer's rights legislation.

January 31-February 2: Gabbard campaigned in New Hampshire this time, hoping that her positions on marijuana legalisation and anti-war message could help her carry her polling in the state. She also travelled to Massachusetts to try and buff her vote among liberal voters a little more. Gang Are is aware that she is a long shot, but is determined to stay in the running as long as she possibly can.
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2019, 09:20:21 AM »

BREAKING NEWS

Holt: Good morning. I'm Lester Holt, and we have breaking news.

Holt: The lawsuit Stevens v. South Carolina, challenging a "bathroom bill" similar to the one voided by North Carolina Governor Roy Cooper in 2017, has now been appealed to the Supreme Court. Justices Thomas, Alito, Gorsuch, and Coney Barrett have agreed to hear the case, and oral arguments are expected to begin on February 15th. While liberals hope Chief Justice John Roberts might be swayed to support Stevens, many believe that this will be a landmark defeat for the transgender rights movement. However, only time will tell.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 40  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies