Re Discord
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 01:49:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Re Discord
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6
Author Topic: Re Discord  (Read 9292 times)
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: January 19, 2019, 06:26:41 PM »

^^^ Yeah, given the highly chaotic nature of "audman", I wouldn't be surprised at all if it was you know who.
Nah, Eharding and Audman interacted/fought waaaay too much. Plus, Audman did a couple PAPOYs.

Your premise precludes the possibility that he has no life and nothing better to do than to play games with everybody for his own amusement.

As the Atlas poster who knows Eharding best, I did not endorse his behavior, but I can confidently say that audmanout was not an Eharding sock.
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #101 on: January 19, 2019, 11:50:49 PM »

Can someone give a short summary of what exactly happened for those of us unaware of this saga?
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #102 on: January 20, 2019, 12:14:02 AM »

Can someone give a short summary of what exactly happened for those of us unaware of this saga?

A bunch of users who couldn’t behave and got banned from their respective platforms decided to channel their unrepressed anger at Virginia which ultimately took the form of death threats and doxxing.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #103 on: January 20, 2019, 02:39:46 AM »

A bunch of users who couldn’t behave and got banned from their respective platforms decided to channel their unrepressed anger at Virginia which ultimately took the form of death threats and doxxing.

Two quick questions. First, are any of the individuals involved in this grotesque Behavior still not banned from Atlas proper? Secondly, if not, WTF not?
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #104 on: January 20, 2019, 05:10:34 AM »

Two quick questions. First, are any of the individuals involved in this grotesque Behavior still not banned from Atlas proper? Secondly, if not, WTF not?
I mean, you can look through the list and see for yourself. TLDR, yeah, I think the only ones that have been banned are AudmanOut and Eharding.
H. Ross Peron
General Mung Beans
Junior Chimp
Korea, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -1.91

« Reply #105 on: January 20, 2019, 05:54:09 AM »

I've read this thread and while I did infrequently participate in Greedoland, did not see most of audmanout and Eharding's behaviour towards Virginia til near the end the former was spamming several servers about it. I am dismayed and horrified by this.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #106 on: January 20, 2019, 11:57:29 AM »

Pretty disgusting stuff. Virginia shouldn't be depressed by this, I appreciate her doing as a mod and her discussion contributions in this Forum.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #107 on: January 20, 2019, 12:18:58 PM »

To be clear, Virginia did NOT get me banned, according to the discord people. I was pretty much just banned because I was the owner of the server where it happened. And yeah, That is some gross stuff people said about you, but honestly, at least in the case of AUdman, these comments were said about almost everyone he had a grudge with at one point or another. And we never reported him. It just seems like you are going a bit too far.
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #108 on: January 20, 2019, 12:36:06 PM »

To be clear, Virginia did NOT get me banned, according to the discord people. I was pretty much just banned because I was the owner of the server where it happened. And yeah, That is some gross stuff people said about you, but honestly, at least in the case of AUdman, these comments were said about almost everyone he had a grudge with at one point or another. And we never reported him. It just seems like you are going a bit too far.

What, in your view, would be the appropriate amount of outrage over witnessing a server of people making both death and doxxing (I believe they found her address too) threats against you?
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #109 on: January 20, 2019, 12:42:54 PM »

I've read this thread and while I did infrequently participate in Greedoland, did not see most of audmanout and Eharding's behaviour towards Virginia til near the end the former was spamming several servers about it. I am dismayed and horrified by this.

Why would you want to participate in a discord server with some of the worst human beings on the internet?
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #110 on: January 20, 2019, 12:49:07 PM »

What, in your view, would be the appropriate amount of outrage over witnessing a server of people making both death and doxxing (I believe they found her address too) threats against you?
They found her address? Jesus, that's irredeemable. I take back my comment.
DabbingSanta
United States
P P P
« Reply #111 on: January 20, 2019, 08:23:46 PM »
« Edited: January 20, 2019, 08:27:20 PM by DabbingSanta »

Several observations in point form (long day travelling):

- Eharding refused to call me a Libertarian because I said Lincoln was a great president.

- In interactions with Eharding, he identified himself as an open racist and white nationalist.

- Eharding kept spamming me, sending me several links to political quizzes and Discord servers

- I was briefly in Greedoland (after being spammed several times a day about it) but quickly left.

- Eharding claims to have active sock accounts on other Discord servers. He often sent me things I wrote on servers his main account was not in. This guy exhibits known internet troll behavior and should not be trusted.

- I quit Discord in November 2018. Please feel free to reach out to me via PM, guys. I don't bite Smiley
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #112 on: January 21, 2019, 01:16:51 AM »

lmao fascists btfo. great to see! thank you DISCORD
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #113 on: January 21, 2019, 03:03:45 AM »

- Eharding refused to call me a Libertarian because I said Lincoln was a great president.

- In interactions with Eharding, he identified himself as an open racist and white nationalist.

- Eharding kept spamming me, sending me several links to political quizzes and Discord servers

- I was briefly in Greedoland (after being spammed several times a day about it) but quickly left.

- Eharding claims to have active sock accounts on other Discord servers. He often sent me things I wrote on servers his main account was not in. This guy exhibits known internet troll behavior and should not be trusted.

- I quit Discord in November 2018. Please feel free to reach out to me via PM, guys. I don't bite Smiley

And people actually periodically want to reinstate this jackass to atlas. Roll Eyes
Deleted User #4049
MT2030
United States
« Reply #114 on: January 21, 2019, 09:26:55 AM »

This is basically the exact same experience I had with Eharding, right down to the Lincoln thing.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #115 on: January 21, 2019, 09:29:56 AM »

This is horrible and inexcusable and the involved users rightfully got permabanned. I'm sorry too that you have to deal with this, Virginia. I very much appreciate your contributions, just like several others expressed this opinion before.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #116 on: January 21, 2019, 09:37:04 AM »

This is basically the exact same experience I had with Eharding, right down to the Lincoln thing.

Well now I think you both might be his socks!
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #117 on: January 21, 2019, 10:02:01 AM »

He is correct on Lincoln.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #118 on: January 21, 2019, 05:24:55 PM »

I just don't get all of the hate these people have for Virginia, I know I'm not well liked and probably for good reason, but she's always been nice to everyone as far as I can tell.

Here here. She has been first class to me for no reason other than being a friendly person in her basic core.

I know where the love for her comes from.

Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #119 on: January 21, 2019, 05:29:43 PM »

It's also started making me reevaluate what in the hell I am even doing here.

I have been wondering that for the last 12 months.

Unpaid.
Overworked.
Criticized.

Your only prize. Maintains best political forum on internet.

Dont reply to the baboons. They only drag you into the jungle.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #120 on: January 21, 2019, 09:52:55 PM »

Who is AssangeOfAtlas?

Anyway, can we make a rule that it isn't magically "ok" to target users with misogynistic slurs or make defamatory rumours about them or whatever because you're not on the site proper? I mean, crude jokes about forum member's intelligence is one thing (this is like, 50 percent of the meta content on most discords and AAD), but the sort of horrendous personal attacks that would lead to an instaban on the main site shouldn't really be tolerated anyway. (And yes, I use AAD but i don't think the community there has ever remotely gone this far?)

Wasn't Politicus banned because of something she did offsite?

Anyway, I'd normally be OK with this, but the only issue is that Dave and the mods have no way of confirming that someone on another site is actually the same person here. Imagine if someone made a Discord account with the name "CrabCake" and started shouting racist slurs.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #121 on: January 21, 2019, 10:00:32 PM »

I haven't been around here that long, but I have noticed that there's a tendency for people to let their personal politics get in the way of not only of their posting on other topics. In topics about election trends, partisans can't help but insert commentary on the level of "WMD's in Iraq" conspiracies. It has an impact of devolving conversation into displays of hackery (I let it frustrate me enough that I contributed some to the s***-posting, something I regret).

This seems to extend to off-site mediums as well (particularly some of the Dem discords, and the ProBoards AAD site). There are some truly vile, classist things being said on a constant basis about voters and posters that anger those with so-called "acceptable" viewpoints. Very bitter individuals wishing grave ills on those they have prejudged.

Surely this all isn't healthy. Aud said some truly vile things it seems, and it looks like he will be facing consequences (doxxing is inexcusable, and personal threats need to be dealt with with a heavy hand; I have been on the receiving end of both as admin/mod on several basketball forums in the past). But it isn't coming from just the moderates and right-wingers. If you have enough disdain for your fellow citizens that you fantasize about misfortune coming their way, then you have a problem. Yes, even if you have a red CA avatar.

I think it's very unfortunate that the Red Storm server was targeted, especially as primary goal was activism (and a good number of members there were involved in canvassing and phone-banking). Maybe the server wasn't taken down as part of the sting. It was full of partisans, but the bulk of the miscreants splintered off months ago.

Regardless, if the TOS is going to be expanded to include Discord Servers, then the ProBoards site should be fair game as well.

*Phew*, glad that this post was here to clarify the question we were all asking: do Both Sides™ do it??

Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #122 on: January 21, 2019, 10:02:09 PM »

After reading through this...God. I hope you're OK, Virginia.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #123 on: January 21, 2019, 10:43:33 PM »

With the amount of drama that goes on everywhere Atlas related, some people really need help.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #124 on: January 21, 2019, 11:17:34 PM »

Who is AssangeOfAtlas?

Anyway, can we make a rule that it isn't magically "ok" to target users with misogynistic slurs or make defamatory rumours about them or whatever because you're not on the site proper? I mean, crude jokes about forum member's intelligence is one thing (this is like, 50 percent of the meta content on most discords and AAD), but the sort of horrendous personal attacks that would lead to an instaban on the main site shouldn't really be tolerated anyway. (And yes, I use AAD but i don't think the community there has ever remotely gone this far?)

Wasn't Politicus banned because of something she did offsite?

Anyway, I'd normally be OK with this, but the only issue is that Dave and the mods have no way of confirming that someone on another site is actually the same person here. Imagine if someone made a Discord account with the name "CrabCake" and started shouting racist slurs.
wasn't this a common "feature" of the Toxic Place for awhile?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies