Re Discord
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 10:06:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Re Discord
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Author Topic: Re Discord  (Read 9301 times)
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: January 18, 2019, 04:25:35 PM »

You're better off not knowing.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #76 on: January 18, 2019, 04:30:58 PM »

Disgusting. I'm sorry you've had to deal with this, Virginia. Despite all of the nastiness out there, many of us appreciate you and your contributions to this forum.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #77 on: January 18, 2019, 04:54:18 PM »

Teddy was banned for saying on mibbit he'd like to assault Joe Republic, correct? So there's precedent for permanently banning anyone who talked about doxing or doing psychical harm to Virginia, whether said person meant it or was simply being an idiot.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #78 on: January 18, 2019, 04:54:26 PM »

This is some of the most genuinely disturbed and disturbing stuff I've even seen from any part of the Greater Atlas community, and I joined this forum over fifteen years ago.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #79 on: January 18, 2019, 05:05:07 PM »

Disgusting. I'm sorry you've had to deal with this, Virginia. Despite all of the nastiness out there, many of us appreciate you and your contributions to this forum.
Esteemed Jimmy
Jimmy7812
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: 2.47, S: -1.05

« Reply #80 on: January 18, 2019, 05:10:23 PM »

PragmaticPopulist
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -5.57

« Reply #81 on: January 18, 2019, 05:18:31 PM »

If discord took down the redstorm server and banned everyone on it (myself included, even though I was just an observer), then they probably had a good reason to. I was able to get my orginal account back by emailing Discord and explaining the situation.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #82 on: January 18, 2019, 05:24:10 PM »

YE
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #83 on: January 18, 2019, 05:26:06 PM »

Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #84 on: January 18, 2019, 05:37:59 PM »

Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #85 on: January 18, 2019, 05:48:49 PM »

I haven't been around here that long, but I have noticed that there's a tendency for people to let their personal politics get in the way of not only of their posting on other topics. In topics about election trends, partisans can't help but insert commentary on the level of "WMD's in Iraq" conspiracies. It has an impact of devolving conversation into displays of hackery (I let it frustrate me enough that I contributed some to the s***-posting, something I regret).

This seems to extend to off-site mediums as well (particularly some of the Dem discords, and the ProBoards AAD site). There are some truly vile, classist things being said on a constant basis about voters and posters that anger those with so-called "acceptable" viewpoints. Very bitter individuals wishing grave ills on those they have prejudged.

Surely this all isn't healthy. Aud said some truly vile things it seems, and it looks like he will be facing consequences (doxxing is inexcusable, and personal threats need to be dealt with with a heavy hand; I have been on the receiving end of both as admin/mod on several basketball forums in the past). But it isn't coming from just the moderates and right-wingers. If you have enough disdain for your fellow citizens that you fantasize about misfortune coming their way, then you have a problem. Yes, even if you have a red CA avatar.

I think it's very unfortunate that the Red Storm server was targeted, especially as primary goal was activism (and a good number of members there were involved in canvassing and phone-banking). Maybe the server wasn't taken down as part of the sting. It was full of partisans, but the bulk of the miscreants splintered off months ago.

Regardless, if the TOS is going to be expanded to include Discord Servers, then the ProBoards site should be fair game as well.

The server was taken down and was the primary source of the mass ban, probably due to it's neo-nazi links.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #86 on: January 18, 2019, 05:56:24 PM »

I haven't been around here that long, but I have noticed that there's a tendency for people to let their personal politics get in the way of not only of their posting on other topics. In topics about election trends, partisans can't help but insert commentary on the level of "WMD's in Iraq" conspiracies. It has an impact of devolving conversation into displays of hackery (I let it frustrate me enough that I contributed some to the s***-posting, something I regret).

This seems to extend to off-site mediums as well (particularly some of the Dem discords, and the ProBoards AAD site). There are some truly vile, classist things being said on a constant basis about voters and posters that anger those with so-called "acceptable" viewpoints. Very bitter individuals wishing grave ills on those they have prejudged.

Surely this all isn't healthy. Aud said some truly vile things it seems, and it looks like he will be facing consequences (doxxing is inexcusable, and personal threats need to be dealt with with a heavy hand; I have been on the receiving end of both as admin/mod on several basketball forums in the past). But it isn't coming from just the moderates and right-wingers. If you have enough disdain for your fellow citizens that you fantasize about misfortune coming their way, then you have a problem. Yes, even if you have a red CA avatar.

I think it's very unfortunate that the Red Storm server was targeted, especially as primary goal was activism (and a good number of members there were involved in canvassing and phone-banking). Maybe the server wasn't taken down as part of the sting. It was full of partisans, but the bulk of the miscreants splintered off months ago.

Regardless, if the TOS is going to be expanded to include Discord Servers, then the ProBoards site should be fair game as well.

The server was taken down and was the primary source of the mass ban, probably due to it's neo-nazi links.

Odd that you're saying this as someone who has absolutely no knowledge of the server, and are only basing this off accounts from people who weren't there long and had a bone to pick with the server and some of it's members.

Friendly advice, if you dont know what you are talking about and can't back the claim, dont post like you do.
Statilius the Epicurean
Thersites
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

« Reply #87 on: January 18, 2019, 06:02:59 PM »

I just don't get all of the hate these people have for Virginia

Because she's a woman in a position of power. Duh. Not exactly rocket science is it.

Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #88 on: January 18, 2019, 06:23:33 PM »

Looks like this thread's become a nasty sh!thole, not that surprised.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #89 on: January 18, 2019, 06:41:47 PM »

Why was Red Storm taken down? Apparently all the discord accounts associated with that server were deleted, but not the ones on Greedoland.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #90 on: January 18, 2019, 06:52:02 PM »

Why was Red Storm taken down? Apparently all the discord accounts associated with that server were deleted, but not the ones on Greedoland.
Someone reported it and Discord saw what was posted there, and uh, not very surprising that they deleted it. I didn't expect them to ban everyone, but I've heard they'd done that for alt right servers in the past so I guess it wasn't too out of the ordinary.
💥💥 brandon bro (he/him/his)
peenie_weenie
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #91 on: January 18, 2019, 07:43:47 PM »

*Phew*, glad that this post was here to clarify the question we were all asking: do Both Sides™ do it??
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #92 on: January 18, 2019, 10:06:50 PM »

Don't you frequent Greedoland and also created the last server that was banned? (or was the admin of it)
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #93 on: January 19, 2019, 08:34:15 AM »
« Edited: January 21, 2019, 09:32:12 AM by Mayor Steve Pearce »

It seems as if Audman went after her on Mike's Discord (which I'm not active on). It got deleted before I could archive it, unfortunately - had I caught it I would have come forward. It seems as if he made threats towards Virginia on there too and I'll try to get more info

e: My sources who saw it told me it was more of the same mess from Audman
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #94 on: January 19, 2019, 02:01:15 PM »

It seems as if Audman went after her on Mike's Discord (which I'm not active on). It got deleted before I could archive it, unfortunately - had I caught it I would have come forward. It seems as if he made threats towards Virginia on there too and I'll try to get more info

He didn't threaten her on there AFAIK, he posted one of her selfies in the hot girls channel (which is still extremely creepy given that it's Audman).

Mike banned him from the chat and I think he was already banned from Discord, but I'm not certain of that.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #95 on: January 19, 2019, 03:47:38 PM »

Disgusting behaviour. F-cking losers.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #96 on: January 19, 2019, 05:25:04 PM »

Word to the wise:

Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #97 on: January 19, 2019, 05:43:40 PM »

^^^ Yeah, given the highly chaotic nature of "audman", I wouldn't be surprised at all if it was you know who.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #98 on: January 19, 2019, 05:57:05 PM »

^^^ Yeah, given the highly chaotic nature of "audman", I wouldn't be surprised at all if it was you know who.
Nah, Eharding and Audman interacted/fought waaaay too much. Plus, Audman did a couple PAPOYs.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #99 on: January 19, 2019, 06:12:07 PM »

Nah, Eharding and Audman interacted/fought waaaay too much. Plus, Audman did a couple PAPOYs.

Your premise precludes the possibility that he has no life and nothing better to do than to play games with everybody for his own amusement.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies