Re Discord
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 06:48:22 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Re Discord
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Author Topic: Re Discord  (Read 9308 times)
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: January 18, 2019, 09:55:16 AM »

That all being said, the reactions on the part of many here are over the top. Who cares all that much about what some crazy ass 13 year old mf says in an obscure corner of discord?

Depends if they want to escalate and trick SWAT teams to kick in the door of someone they are having minor disputes with:

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2015/03/13-year-old-minecraft-player-confesses-to-swatting-police-say/
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #51 on: January 18, 2019, 10:19:53 AM »

Everybody, stop. Why the Hell are you acting like readers of this thread should know what’s going on?

I mean a lot of us were indirectly involved. Like I watched the drama unfold on Discord even though I didn't pay much attention to it. And like I said I left all the Atlas related discord because of this stuff when sh**t hit the fan.

Idk how many other people reading this had that happen to them but like it's not chill at all that this sort of thing is going on. I enjoyed all the discord but I left them because it's just not cool what's going on.

There needs to be some kind of unity here, some kind of dialogue between these users who are having such trouble.

Again... what actually happened?

ohhh sorry man I didn't realize what you were asking.

anyway basically from what I know audmanout said some crazy sh**t about Virginia, I mean he really was acting strange. He also started like 3 discord servers where he would post pictures of Virginia, talk about Virginia, whatever. I really didn't keep up with it, I mean he PMed me once and asked me who I would replace the entire mod team with if I could, just bizarre stuff.

Then (this is all only things I heard on Conservacord, so I don't know all the details) apparently audman got banned from discord, something about a server called "Red Storm" which was dedicated to electing Republicans in the 2018 midterms, but had issues with some of the users being racist or sexist, I guess had Discord like come down hard on it, so some members of the Atlas Conservacord who were still technically in "Red Storm" even though they hadn't been on it in months if at all, were getting banned, and from what I saw the Conservacord thought Virginia was the one reporting all of them and getting them banned from Discord.

Now I don't totally know the connections between audmanout, EHarding, and Red Storm, but the Greedoland server where EHarding liked to chill got taken down as well I believe, and Audman was on there a lot as well. I honestly don't know if Audman was ever on Conservacord but he would always spam us stuff when he started servers or whatever, or just in PM.

Beyond that, I really don't know much of what happened. Honestly a lot of what I'm saying may not be accurate either. I haven't been on discord much this past week, but from the things I did hear on Conservacord or from other users, that's what I could gather.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #52 on: January 18, 2019, 10:27:17 AM »

Disappointed in mvd10. Despite our political differences, I thought higher of him.

!!!
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #53 on: January 18, 2019, 10:33:13 AM »

If Dave banned everyone involved in that nasty sh**t, nothing of value would be lost.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #54 on: January 18, 2019, 10:52:09 AM »

I never really understood why Audman was allowed to hang around in Greedoland. He clearly has some severe mental issues. I asked Eharding several times to remove him, to no avail unfortunately.
The pollution that he spewed constantly in Greedoland caused me to frequent it much less often, as the conversations there came to be dominated by his insane and deranged diatribes against just about everyone and everything, which Eharding always seemed happy to enable.
His harassment of many community members (which included telling me to kill myself, saying I should be hanged, and saying horrible an violent things about Fhtagn and Virginia) should not have been tolerated.
That all being said, the reactions on the part of many here are over the top. Who cares all that much about what some crazy ass 13 year old mf says in an obscure corner of discord?

Yeah, it's not like our country has a problem with violent early teens going on rampages. And it certainly never relates to their unhealthy problems with women.

All the more reason to take it seriously. Hopefully no one has the kid's name so attention isn't drawn to his activities here when he ends up on the news.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #55 on: January 18, 2019, 10:54:08 AM »

How typical, a bunch of losers hiding away to talk s**t they wouldn't dare to say out in the open.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #56 on: January 18, 2019, 11:18:38 AM »

Really uncool. Glad I never joined Greedoland. Some people should remember that those reading the stuff you write are actual people with actual feelings just like you. Most of us spend quite a bit of time here. Of course people shouldn't have a thin skin when it comes to political discussion, but the stuff in the screenshots is very different from that and I would feel disgusted if people were to say such things about me, even if it's all unrealistic and insane. It simply crossed the line.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #57 on: January 18, 2019, 11:32:08 AM »

Virginia suggested I share these as well:

(he was actually banned from Lokcord for saying the same thing in their server)

(Slippery boi is audman, ftr)

🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #58 on: January 18, 2019, 12:10:37 PM »

Who is AssangeOfAtlas?

Anyway, can we make a rule that it isn't magically "ok" to target users with misogynistic slurs or make defamatory rumours about them or whatever because you're not on the site proper? I mean, crude jokes about forum member's intelligence is one thing (this is like, 50 percent of the meta content on most discords and AAD), but the sort of horrendous personal attacks that would lead to an instaban on the main site shouldn't really be tolerated anyway. (And yes, I use AAD but i don't think the community there has ever remotely gone this far?)
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #59 on: January 18, 2019, 12:13:51 PM »

Eharding
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #60 on: January 18, 2019, 12:13:56 PM »

Anyway, can we make a rule that it isn't magically "ok" to target users with misogynistic slurs or make defamatory rumours about them or whatever because you're not on the site proper? I mean, crude jokes about forum member's intelligence is one thing (this is like, 50 percent of the meta content on most discords and AAD), but the sort of horrendous personal attacks that would lead to an instaban on the main site shouldn't really be tolerated anyway. (And yes, I use AAD but i don't think the community there has ever remotely gone this far?)
Agreed with this. Just because I don't want to lose mvd10 I don't want this to be enacted retroactively, but this should never happen again.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #61 on: January 18, 2019, 12:23:28 PM »

Everybody, stop. Why the Hell are you acting like readers of this thread should know what’s going on?

I mean a lot of us were indirectly involved. Like I watched the drama unfold on Discord even though I didn't pay much attention to it. And like I said I left all the Atlas related discord because of this stuff when sh**t hit the fan.

Idk how many other people reading this had that happen to them but like it's not chill at all that this sort of thing is going on. I enjoyed all the discord but I left them because it's just not cool what's going on.

There needs to be some kind of unity here, some kind of dialogue between these users who are having such trouble.

Again... what actually happened?

ohhh sorry man I didn't realize what you were asking.

anyway basically from what I know audmanout said some crazy sh**t about Virginia, I mean he really was acting strange. He also started like 3 discord servers where he would post pictures of Virginia, talk about Virginia, whatever. I really didn't keep up with it, I mean he PMed me once and asked me who I would replace the entire mod team with if I could, just bizarre stuff.

Then (this is all only things I heard on Conservacord, so I don't know all the details) apparently audman got banned from discord, something about a server called "Red Storm" which was dedicated to electing Republicans in the 2018 midterms, but had issues with some of the users being racist or sexist, I guess had Discord like come down hard on it, so some members of the Atlas Conservacord who were still technically in "Red Storm" even though they hadn't been on it in months if at all, were getting banned, and from what I saw the Conservacord thought Virginia was the one reporting all of them and getting them banned from Discord.

Now I don't totally know the connections between audmanout, EHarding, and Red Storm, but the Greedoland server where EHarding liked to chill got taken down as well I believe, and Audman was on there a lot as well. I honestly don't know if Audman was ever on Conservacord but he would always spam us stuff when he started servers or whatever, or just in PM.

Beyond that, I really don't know much of what happened. Honestly a lot of what I'm saying may not be accurate either. I haven't been on discord much this past week, but from the things I did hear on Conservacord or from other users, that's what I could gather.

Well, that is just...

Yeezus, reminds me of how AAD sucked itself into a pro-Trump vortex in 2015-2016, but ten times worse.

This is why you don't get attached to political movements and why you exit groups with shady characters and toxic vibes. 

In any case, I guess not everyone is self aware enough to realize who is actually the loser when you gang up to stalk, dox, or humiliate users1 behind not-so-closed doors.

And please, let's not rile up already unstable kids. They've caused enough harm this century.

1. God forbid I confine the group of potential victims to "female users" and thereby not only risk being a sexist but also ignore past and potential harassment/stalking/etc. of male users.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #62 on: January 18, 2019, 12:30:57 PM »

It's a good thing the mods manage to keep such filth out of Atlas. Kudos to Virginia and fhtang for sharing this, and thus revealing their true nature in the fullest, regardless of how unpleasant it must've been to you both.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #63 on: January 18, 2019, 12:49:05 PM »

I don't think any of us ever took this seriously though. It was an allegedly 13-year old kid (we don't even know whether he's actually 13...) who was saying insane things for a 13-year old and a couple of people (most notably me) were egging him on out of pure curiosity. I'm sure Virginia never felt threatened over this.

Actually, what felt threatening was the odd fixation on me growing from just one user to 3 and presumably on an upward trend, with weekly subjects moving from ranting about sluts to now some weird crack addict thing, rape and murder, a pinch of beheading, and finding my address (kudos to you on there), presumably so you guys can take things up a step. And why? Because it's it's the internet of course! Nothing matters! All that matters is that I have funnnnnnnnnnnnnn trollllllingggg people! yayyy for internets!

I don't know or care if you were trolling, because you're spending god knows how much time egging on other people who are obsessed with me and probably trolling less than you. I didn't do sh**t to you or audman. And as far as eharding goes, most of the things I've remarked about him have been responses to him or commentary on his behavior (towards others and myself) in 2017-onward shenanigans.

And if this is all just fun for you, you're a real piece of sh**t.
Thank you for explaining what happened in more detail.  I had honestly not been aware of the extent that audmanout had taken things and how much he was being enabled.  Doxxing and gruesome talk about rape or mutilation should be slapped down, esp at age 13. 

I admittedly don’t pay attention to any of these discord servers unless I am actively taking part so I saw none of that.  I apologize for being sh**tty to you before I knew all the facts. 
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #64 on: January 18, 2019, 12:59:26 PM »

I'm sorry to both Virginia and Fhtagn for what you had to deal with; you deserve so much better. It's sad that some people can only be happy with their lives by putting others down.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #65 on: January 18, 2019, 01:02:53 PM »

I'm sorry to both Virginia and Fhtagn for what you had to deal with; you deserve so much better. It's sad that some people can only be happy with their lives by putting others down.
Yeah.. Fhtagn is my friend and I feel bad for not doing a lot more to stick up for her.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #66 on: January 18, 2019, 01:20:15 PM »

Thank you for explaining what happened in more detail.  I had honestly not been aware of the extent that audmanout had taken things and how much he was being enabled.  Doxxing and gruesome talk about rape or mutilation should be slapped down, esp at age 13.  

I admittedly don’t pay attention to any of these discord servers unless I am actively taking part so I saw none of that.  I apologize for being sh**tty to you before I knew all the facts.  

I was aware that some rude and vulgar comments had been made, which I discouraged or at least suggested to keep within certain limits from both audmanout and Eharding (frequently muting audmanout; Greedoland had a no ban policy), but I was not aware of the extent of some of the other things described in this thread. Unfortunate, and I would've more strongly encouraged others to distance themselves from audmanout if I had known.
Lourdes
United States

« Reply #67 on: January 18, 2019, 01:27:17 PM »

Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #68 on: January 18, 2019, 01:42:11 PM »

While I don't think I did anything particularly wrong, and there's nothing incriminating against me in the screenshots, I will apologize in advance just in case, and I will say that no one deserves that level of harrassment and doxxing.

I was present on greedoland (there's a ping for me after all), but didn't really use it much (always found it way too edgy and preferred the main discord), and even when I did was never involved in the harrassing, and was never aware of the extent it went to, wouldn't have guessed it in a million years.

Peanut
Costa Rica

« Reply #69 on: January 18, 2019, 01:44:11 PM »

I was present on greedoland (there's a ping for me after all), but didn't really use it much (always found it way too edgy and preferred the main discord), and even when I did was never involved in the harrassing, and was never aware of the extent it went to, wouldn't have guessed it in a million years.

This. It is despicable the kind of vile talk going on there, and I'm sorry for Virginia and fhtagn for their having to deal with this in an internet community.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #70 on: January 18, 2019, 01:45:05 PM »

It's worth pointing out there is no such thing as total anonymity over the internet. Many people took this misconception for granted just to find stuff they wrote online coming back to haunt them.

And that's assuming it was "just" a trash talk. We've all heard about truly tragic stories that started out this way.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #71 on: January 18, 2019, 01:45:28 PM »

It's worth pointing out there is no such thing as total anonymity over the internet. Many people took this misconception for granted just to find stuff they wrote online coming back to haunt them.

And that's assuming it was "just" a trash talk. We've all heard about truly tragic stories that started out this way.

Yeah, I know 100% that I could easily be found out if people put enough effort, probably getting my full name, birth place, where I study and maybe even my home! (approximately)

More than once I've thought about closing down some accounts where I think I've leaked too much information
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #72 on: January 18, 2019, 02:15:02 PM »

Can we please exile eHarding in particular? I am seriously disturbed that a grown adult has essentially groomed an already vulnerable child into his disturbing and misogynistic worldview for some unclear purpose.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #73 on: January 18, 2019, 02:21:37 PM »

Can we please exile eHarding in particular? I am seriously disturbed that a grown adult has essentially groomed an already vulnerable child into his disturbing and misogynistic worldview for some unclear purpose.
Eharding was banned a while ago
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #74 on: January 18, 2019, 04:00:54 PM »

What’s Discord lol
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6  
« previous next »
Jump to: