GA-SEN 2020 Class II Megathread (Perdue inc.)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 11:15:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  GA-SEN 2020 Class II Megathread (Perdue inc.)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30
Author Topic: GA-SEN 2020 Class II Megathread (Perdue inc.)  (Read 59397 times)
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #650 on: October 17, 2020, 10:44:03 AM »

This isn’t a gaffe lmao. Also, it’s a pretty bad look, no? He shouldn’t be alienating his suburban base.  Tongue

If you can't see this as a gaffe, you're a hack

It's not a gaffe because gaffes are accidental.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #651 on: October 17, 2020, 02:53:54 PM »

○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #652 on: October 17, 2020, 02:55:14 PM »

He got $30 million for a House race where he did worse than Hillary, so why not?
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #653 on: October 17, 2020, 03:05:00 PM »

He got $30 million for a House race where he did worse than Hillary, so why not?

I'm guessing you sent Perdue some money because you think he is progressive for mocking Harris. Go sit yourself down.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #654 on: October 17, 2020, 07:08:36 PM »

Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #655 on: October 17, 2020, 07:17:27 PM »

You’re such a bitter ass hater.
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.50

« Reply #656 on: October 17, 2020, 07:30:32 PM »

And yet you probably donated to Sanders this time for him to do worse than in 2016.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #657 on: October 18, 2020, 05:18:13 AM »

Is it just me or anyone else thinking it's actually good for Democrats that these two senate races are coming up at the same time with both Ossoff and Warnock running? Both campaigns support each other, right?

It's clear that the path for a Democratic win Georgia is a combination of white suburban/college grads and strong turnout from the African American community. Both candidates have different strenghts, it seems: Warnock certainly helps driving up black turnout, while Ossoff is a good fir for whites with high education and moderate suburbanites. So by conclusion, I think both campaigns benefit from each other. And I don't see that many voters voting for just one of them, especially now that Lieberman's campaign has collapsed in recent polling. Would actually be great if both win this thing outright.
Torrain
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

« Reply #658 on: October 18, 2020, 06:34:35 AM »

Is it just me or anyone else thinking it's actually good for Democrats that these two senate races are coming up at the same time with both Ossoff and Warnock running? Both campaigns support each other, right?

It's clear that the path for a Democratic win Georgia is a combination of white suburban/college grads and strong turnout from the African American community. Both candidates have different strenghts, it seems: Warnock certainly helps driving up black turnout, while Ossoff is a good fir for whites with high education and moderate suburbanites. So by conclusion, I think both campaigns benefit from each other. And I don't see that many voters voting for just one of them, especially now that Lieberman's campaign has collapsed in recent polling. Would actually be great if both win this thing outright.

So like a tag team, or even (pseudo) running mates? I like that...

tagimaucia

« Reply #659 on: October 18, 2020, 07:22:05 AM »

I don’t really like Ossoff much (but I still hope he wins like I hope every D senate candidate wins), but is there really any reason to think that he wouldn’t have done every bit as good as McBath if he had run in 2018 and had benefited from the higher turnout she got relative to the special? I don’t think so.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #660 on: October 18, 2020, 02:07:48 PM »

Is there a reason they haven't done like a joint campaign event or anything? I agree with everything you said and am surprised they don't seem to be coordinating *at all*
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #661 on: October 18, 2020, 02:25:48 PM »

Is there a reason they haven't done like a joint campaign event or anything? I agree with everything you said and am surprised they don't seem to be coordinating *at all*

They have actually.

brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #662 on: October 18, 2020, 02:30:53 PM »

I don’t really like Ossoff much (but I still hope he wins like I hope every D senate candidate wins), but is there really any reason to think that he wouldn’t have done every bit as good as McBath if he had run in 2018 and had benefited from the higher turnout she got relative to the special? I don’t think so.

Ah, but you see, actually using logic like that means you can't sh*t on the 'neolibs,' & we can't have that, now can we?
Torrain
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

« Reply #663 on: October 19, 2020, 11:12:56 AM »

Reporting from the Hill, in 2014:

Perdue cut work in India from bio
Georgia Republican David Perdue worked for an Indian company between his time running Dollar General and his decision to run for the Senate — a period that was removed from his business website’s biography shortly before he announced his campaign last spring.

Perdue had a senior consulting role at Indian chemical textile conglomerate Gujarat Heavy Chemicals Ltd. (GHCL) between 2007 and 2009, helping the company, as it looked into creating retail operations in India. He rarely if ever brings up his work for that company on the campaign trail, and his time with GHCL has not previously been reported on.

I know it's an old story, but given the events of the last week it feels pertinent.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #664 on: October 20, 2020, 10:19:45 PM »

Does anybody else feel like Perdue's 'I need to set the record straight' 10-15 second ads reek of desperation?
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.50

« Reply #665 on: October 20, 2020, 10:32:57 PM »

Does anybody else feel like Perdue's 'I need to set the record straight' 10-15 second ads reek of desperation?

Yep. Just got one on YouTube and had the same thought.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #666 on: October 21, 2020, 07:39:33 AM »

Yep.  When you're explaining, you're losing that battle.
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #667 on: October 21, 2020, 09:36:25 AM »

And here's video of the duo campaigning together:

Honestly, I think it's the media's fault for not covering if a lot of election fans who follow the race aren't aware that Ossoff and Warnock have been cooperating with each other but it's good that the duo have done/are doing this.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #668 on: October 26, 2020, 05:14:47 PM »

Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

« Reply #669 on: October 26, 2020, 05:20:50 PM »

This could be the reason Biden is campaigning in Georgia.
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -7.29, S: -9.48

P
« Reply #670 on: October 26, 2020, 05:25:32 PM »

I would bet that those Perdue ads actually increase awareness of that scandal. Small brained move.
forsythvoter

« Reply #671 on: October 27, 2020, 12:09:43 AM »

GA Republicans have run pretty crappy campaigns this year and I hope they get their act together in the runoff election.

Loeffler and Collins are trying to out-Trump one another in a way that is seriously turning off moderate and even moderately conservative suburbanites. I hope whichever of the two emerges from the first round tones down their rhetoric for the runoff if they care at all about winning.

As for Perdue, he seems to be giving off the impression that he's a career bureaucrat with skeletons in the closest. His Kamala gaffe was also entirely unnecessary and gave the impression that he was mocking her name.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #672 on: October 27, 2020, 01:02:11 AM »

So if this goes to runoff, does Perdue technically have to be appointed for a few days because the runoff is after the new Senate term begins?
Illini Moderate
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: -4.00

« Reply #673 on: October 27, 2020, 10:38:00 AM »

GA Republicans have run pretty crappy campaigns this year and I hope they get their act together in the runoff election.

Loeffler and Collins are trying to out-Trump one another in a way that is seriously turning off moderate and even moderately conservative suburbanites. I hope whichever of the two emerges from the first round tones down their rhetoric for the runoff if they care at all about winning.

As for Perdue, he seems to be giving off the impression that he's a career bureaucrat with skeletons in the closest. His Kamala gaffe was also entirely unnecessary and gave the impression that he was mocking her name.

Loeffler will be stuck if she tries to pivot at this point. She has been so transparent about pandering to the far right in order to stave off her primary challenge, that no amount of "toning it down" can help her appeal to moderates.  She is honestly one of the most pathetic politicians I have ever seen in my life. She clearly will do and say anything to get elected. It's crazy how she started her term as traditional, low profile, conservative Senator and then immediately pivoted to employing racist dogwhistles and embracing unhinged conspiracies the minute Doug Collins entered the race. I get it. A politician needs to win in order to accomplish anything, and all politicians pander. But the fact that she did a damn near complete 180 and is now courting conspiracy theorists and racists by using god awful, divisive rhetoric is just a shame. Doug Collins is a bigot too, but at least he seems to genuinely believe what he says. Stacey Abrams royally screwed up by chosing not to enter this race. She could have beaten either one, especially Loeffler, quite easily.
One Term Floridian
swamiG

Political Matrix
E: -2.06, S: 3.13

« Reply #674 on: October 27, 2020, 10:41:34 AM »

Loeffler will be stuck if she tries to pivot at this point. She has been so transparent about pandering to the far right in order to stave off her primary challenge, that no amount of "toning it down" can help her appeal to moderates.  She is honestly one of the most pathetic politicians I have ever seen in my life. She clearly will do and say anything to get elected. It's crazy how she started her term as traditional, low profile, conservative Senator and then immediately pivoted to employing racist dogwhistles and embracing unhinged conspiracies the minute Doug Collins entered the race. I get it. A politician needs to win in order to accomplish anything, and all politicians pander. But the fact that she did a damn near complete 180 and is now courting conspiracy theorists and racists by using god awful, divisive rhetoric is just a shame. Doug Collins is a bigot too, but at least he seems to genuinely believe what he says. Stacey Abrams royally screwed up by chosing not to enter this race. She could have beaten either one, especially Loeffler, quite easily.

Abrams clearly wants a rematch with Kemp in 2022. I am actually glad that she isn't running this year. I think a new name like Warnock would do better than her
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies