Israeli General Election: April 9, 2019
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 17, 2024, 12:19:21 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Israeli General Election: April 9, 2019
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 ... 46
Author Topic: Israeli General Election: April 9, 2019  (Read 73250 times)
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #600 on: March 26, 2019, 09:17:22 AM »

New Migdam/Channel 12 poll:

B&W: 32
Likud: 28
Labor: 10
Hadash/Ta'al: 7
United Torah Judaism: 7
Shas: 6
New Right: 5
URWP: 5
Zehut: 4
Gesher: 4
Yisrael Beiteinu: 4
Ra'am/Balad: 4
Meretz: 4

--------------------------

Kulanu - 2.6%

When analyzing these numbers, its important to remember that Channel 13 was also fed a similar data set, but has different weights. They found Gesher and YB to be below the threshold, and Kulanu to be above, but the end result is the same: Right wing majority if everyone can work together. But parties like Zehut, Kulanu, and Gesher have uncertain loyalties, and anyone of them might prefer to provide the one vote needed needed for GC (right now) and get a prized portfolio, rather then be one of eight fighting over government slots.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #601 on: March 26, 2019, 09:57:06 AM »

Are the Russians that came from the 90s wave of immigration integrating (for lack of a better word)? Do second generation Russians identify at all with the old country?
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #602 on: March 26, 2019, 11:12:41 AM »

Oh and also Gaza will be the story of the coming days, so the immediate polls will probably once again be in flux.
Walmart_shopper
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.52, S: 3.13

« Reply #603 on: March 26, 2019, 12:09:18 PM »

Are the Russians that came from the 90s wave of immigration integrating (for lack of a better word)? Do second generation Russians identify at all with the old country?

They're fairly well integrated, which is why Yisrael Beitenu is having trouble demonstrating its relevance. The parents remain kind of on the margins of Israeli society to a certain extent, while the kids of those immigrants have gone in all sorts of directions in life, whether Moscow or Yeshiva. Some aren't Jewish, but the vast majority are clearly and unmistakably Israeli Soviet migration is still the bulk of migration to Israel today. And unlike the Russian migration of the 90s, these new migrants are mostly non Jewish, totally detached from Jewish life and identity, and I'm not sure if they even have a political home.
DL
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #604 on: March 26, 2019, 12:20:09 PM »

I've heard that a typical complaint that Russian immigrants to Israel make is that they can't get easy access to pork to cook their favourite dishes and that vodka is pricey compared to back home.
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #605 on: March 26, 2019, 01:19:49 PM »

How hard is it to get pork in Israel? What are the prices like?
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #606 on: March 26, 2019, 01:29:47 PM »

Depends. There are special Russian supermarkets that sell it in places with high concentrations of immigrants, as well as Christian Arab villages. Not sure about the prices, but my parents are low middle class and don't have much trouble getting it.
Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #607 on: March 26, 2019, 01:49:32 PM »

Not too much of a trouble. Especially in Haifa/Tel Aviv. It’s more expensive than abroad but not massively (though meat in Israel is just generally more expensive), and there’s a lower variety of products.
Tintrlvr
Junior Chimp

« Reply #608 on: March 26, 2019, 05:01:51 PM »

Depends. There are special Russian supermarkets that sell it in places with high concentrations of immigrants, as well as Christian Arab villages. Not sure about the prices, but my parents are low middle class and don't have much trouble getting it.

Do Druze eat pork?
DL
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #609 on: March 26, 2019, 05:32:00 PM »

When my grandmother lived in Israel in the 1970s i went to visit twice and wanted to cook a Chinese stir-fry with pork...we found pork pretty easily but I remember my grandmother whispering and asking where to buy it in the market in Tel Aviv and it was as if she was trying to score some illegal drugs!
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #610 on: March 26, 2019, 05:33:01 PM »

Do Druze eat pork?

The Druze are interesting in that they have two "types"- secular and religious, which are both legitimate according to their tradition- with some of the religious laws only binding a Druze who chose a religious type of life. Eating pork, though, is forbidden for all Druze.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #611 on: March 26, 2019, 05:52:30 PM »

What's it like to like in the West Bank, I heard the reason why most people live there is because the schools are better there.
Walmart_shopper
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #612 on: March 27, 2019, 01:15:02 AM »
« Edited: March 27, 2019, 01:20:15 AM by Walmart_shopper »

What's it like to like in the West Bank, I heard the reason why most people live there is because the schools are better there.

It's fairly quiet, suburban. A lot of Americansice in the West Bank because there are US-style subdivisions, or maybe there are subdivisions with big homes because there are Americans. But it's definitely not about the schools. It's for one of two reasons. Housing is newer and cheaper. And ideological-religious reasons.
Walmart_shopper
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #613 on: March 27, 2019, 01:18:02 AM »

I've heard that a typical complaint that Russian immigrants to Israel make is that they can't get easy access to pork to cook their favourite dishes and that vodka is pricey compared to back home.

Getting pork in Israel is like getting good Mexican food in the US. There aren't good places on every corner, but they're pretty common. I live in Jerusalem, which has a smaller Russian population and a huge number of religious Jews and a Muslims. Yet it's not terribly hard to get pork here. In the coastal cities it's even easier.
Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #614 on: March 27, 2019, 03:24:11 AM »

Getting pork in Israel is like getting good Mexican food in the US. There aren't good places on every corner, but they're pretty common. I live in Jerusalem, which has a smaller Russian population and a huge number of religious Jews and a Muslims. Yet it's not terribly hard to get pork here. In the coastal cities it's even easier.
I recall from my student days in Jerusalem I had to go the the Russian super market in Agripas for pork, it's behind the street away from haredi eyes.

Some restaurants had pork, but just basic sausages and salamis weren't that easy too find
Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #615 on: March 27, 2019, 08:53:49 AM »

Yachad (Eli Yishai) dropped out and announced his support for UTJ. of minor significance has he was barely scratching the 1%
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #616 on: March 27, 2019, 05:34:38 PM »

I'm 99% sure that barely any of the US Presidental candidates understand about a 2 state solution and how many people would be displaced.
Angel of Death
« Reply #617 on: March 29, 2019, 08:13:03 PM »

It seems wryly fitting that the election that looks to finally kill off the two-state solution will take place on the anniversary of the Deir Yassin massacre.
Walmart_shopper
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #618 on: March 30, 2019, 03:37:19 AM »

It seems wryly fitting that the election that looks to finally kill off the two-state solution will take place on the anniversary of the Deir Yassin massacre.

Chilling.
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #619 on: March 30, 2019, 11:00:10 AM »

I'm 99% sure that barely any of the US Presidental candidates understand about a 2 state solution and how many people would be displaced.

Who are you talking about settlers or Palestinian refugees? No one is going to overly concerned about settlers and Palestinian refugees have already been displaced.
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #620 on: April 02, 2019, 02:00:04 PM »

Anyway this thread has been a bit quiet, so I'll bump it with a polling discussion. Last week showed a swing towards the Right in response to Gaza. However, If one heads over to wikipedia the results displayed are a little less harsh then they seem for B&W. A few polls had Gesher getting in last time, so the swing to the right is simply a reversion to the mean.

So will the Gaza bump remain for Bibi, or will things revert to where they were before last week?
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #621 on: April 02, 2019, 05:29:01 PM »
« Edited: April 02, 2019, 06:10:45 PM by #TheShadowyAbyss »

New Migdam/Channel 13 poll (Seat change since last poll):
Likud - 29 (-1)
B&W - 28 (-2)
Labor - 14 (+4)
United Right - 7 (nc)
Hadash - 6 (-1)
Zehut - 6 (-1)
UTJ - 6 (-1)
New Right - 5 (nc)
Ra'am/Balad - 5 (+1)
Meretz - 5 (nc)
Shas - 5 (+1)
Kulanu - 4 (nc)

---------------------

Gesher - 2.9%
Yisrael Beiteinu - no numbers released I could find

46% prefer Netanyahu
37% prefer Gantz

Biden 2024
wolfentoad66
Norfolk Island

« Reply #622 on: April 02, 2019, 05:58:10 PM »
« Edited: April 03, 2019, 02:32:42 PM by Anomalocaris🌹 »

What explains the four seat swing to HaAvoda?
urutzizu
« Reply #623 on: April 03, 2019, 07:22:25 AM »

What explains the four point swing to HaAvoda?
Seats not percentage points.
But possibly some of the Initial Gantz Hype wearing off and leftists deserting Blue and White because he is taking more right wing positions then even likud of some security issues, like complaining about why that Bedouin village near jerusalem hasnt been demolished yet.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #624 on: April 03, 2019, 10:06:56 AM »

What explains the four point swing to HaAvoda?

Outlier until I see otherwise. So far, they seem to be stable at ~10 seats.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 ... 46  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies