KS-SEN 2020 Megathread: Marshall overperforms and wins
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 13, 2024, 01:03:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  KS-SEN 2020 Megathread: Marshall overperforms and wins
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46
Author Topic: KS-SEN 2020 Megathread: Marshall overperforms and wins  (Read 83198 times)
Pollster
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1100 on: October 08, 2020, 03:02:53 PM »

This is behind a paywall so I can't see details, but...

SnowLabrador
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1101 on: October 08, 2020, 03:13:46 PM »

Unless I see the crosstabs, I'm not believing it. I think Marshall wins by high single digits.
Lognog
United States

« Reply #1102 on: October 08, 2020, 03:25:19 PM »

Unless I see the crosstabs, I'm not believing it. I think Marshall wins by high single digits.

apparently this is a Republican internal?
Hope For A New Era
EastOfEden
YaBB God

« Reply #1103 on: October 08, 2020, 05:18:03 PM »

Adkins down by 20, that’s double 2018’s margin! I guess that’s where Bollier’s jump into the lead in that poll has come from. That might even be enough to pull De La Isla across in KS-02, if similar dynamics are playing out in Lawrence and Topeka.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1104 on: October 12, 2020, 08:42:10 AM »

Holy ****

Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1105 on: October 12, 2020, 08:47:12 AM »

Holy ****

For all the complaining about Jaime Harrison raising a ton that could have gone to other candidates, it looks like they're doing pretty well for themselves.
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1106 on: October 12, 2020, 08:48:36 AM »

Holy ****

For all the complaining about Jaime Harrison raising a ton that could have gone to other candidates, it looks like they're doing pretty well for themselves.

All of the Democratic Senate candidates in competitive races (with the notable exceptions of GA/TX) have raised more than enough. Harrison has just raised way more than enough and some of that that might have been better spent in House/local races or wave insurance Senate seats.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1107 on: October 12, 2020, 08:52:32 AM »

Holy ****

All of the Democratic Senate candidates in competitive races (with the notable exceptions of GA/TX) have raised more than enough. Harrison has just raised way more than enough and some of that that might have been better spent in House/local races or wave insurance Senate seats.

Hegar and Warnock did less than others, but $13M is definitely enough in GA, and should be enough to get a decent enough jump for Hegar in TX, esp since Cornyn is flailing
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #1108 on: October 12, 2020, 09:03:52 AM »

I keep banging on about it but there is no way to force people to give to a certain route- these donations aren't coming from lobbyists who you can treat like chess pieces.
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1109 on: October 12, 2020, 09:06:52 AM »

I keep banging on about it but there is no way to force people to give to a certain route- these donations aren't coming from lobbyists who you can treat like chess pieces.

Joint fundraiser agreements, promotion of local candidates and maxing out on donations from one campaign to another are all plausible avenues of exploration. Al Gross was memed into prominence, so it can be done just by changing the conversations and culture surrounding small-dollar political donations.
This user has not been convicted of 34 felonies
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #1110 on: October 12, 2020, 09:19:49 AM »

Looks like Bollier is going to lose the Ron Paul vote.
Pollster
YaBB God

« Reply #1111 on: October 12, 2020, 10:01:31 AM »

Adkins down by 20, that’s double 2018’s margin! I guess that’s where Bollier’s jump into the lead in that poll has come from. That might even be enough to pull De La Isla across in KS-02, if similar dynamics are playing out in Lawrence and Topeka.

It's definitely possible that Trump could see the bottom fall out in Topeka (and Wichita). Whether or not that extends down-ballot is pretty critical here for Bollier and de la Isla's chances.

KS-04 contains a lot of solidly GOP rural territory balanced out by Wichita, it will be fascinating to see what the swings look like there.
Hope For A New Era
EastOfEden
YaBB God

« Reply #1112 on: October 12, 2020, 11:15:51 AM »

It's definitely possible that Trump could see the bottom fall out in Topeka (and Wichita). Whether or not that extends down-ballot is pretty critical here for Bollier and de la Isla's chances.

KS-04 contains a lot of solidly GOP rural territory balanced out by Wichita, it will be fascinating to see what the swings look like there.

Wichita historically has been a pretty R city, so he has a lot of room to fall. There's also the weirdly Democratic rural county, Harvey, north of Wichita. Curious to see what happens there.

Topeka is an odd case. The area south and west of 470 is probably where Democrats could gain. I imagine that's the area where De La Isla will outperform Biden the most.
warandwar
United States

« Reply #1113 on: October 12, 2020, 11:25:31 AM »

Sadly voters don't care about this stuff. Tuberville didn't know what the Voting Rights Act is and it was barely news.
The PATRIOT Act is probably one of 3 pieces of legislation ppl care about (ACA and Trump Tax Cuts being the others). It occupies a big place in the American imaginary.
Pollster
YaBB God

« Reply #1114 on: October 12, 2020, 11:49:06 AM »

Wichita historically has been a pretty R city, so he has a lot of room to fall. There's also the weirdly Democratic rural county, Harvey, north of Wichita. Curious to see what happens there.

Topeka is an odd case. The area south and west of 470 is probably where Democrats could gain. I imagine that's the area where De La Isla will outperform Biden the most.

What is most fascinating is that neither candidate has strong ties to the Wichita area (Marshall's district is mostly in the Wichita media market, but he's never ran a competitive general election campaign on the airwaves before) so there's a lot of room for definition of both candidates among the area's critical bloc of voters. Bollier obviously had a head start here since she has been airing general election messaging for a year now, while Marshall had to focus on his primary. That, plus its relatively surprising election of a young Democratic mayor last year (ousting a Republican incumbent) are signs that it will be an interesting battleground.
VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1115 on: October 16, 2020, 05:31:56 AM »

Marshall raised $2.7M in Q3.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1116 on: October 16, 2020, 05:39:59 AM »

Yikes
Common Sense Atlantan
Rookie
United States

« Reply #1117 on: October 16, 2020, 06:15:10 AM »

I’m just not seeing any way that Marshall loses.
Pollster
YaBB God

« Reply #1118 on: October 25, 2020, 07:24:48 PM »

Strong signs of confidence from Marshall.

Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1119 on: October 25, 2020, 07:30:04 PM »

Strong signs of confidence from Marshall.

Susan Collins and Joni Ernst both tried this same ploy, and look at the positions those two women are now at. When candidates start demanding more debates, or in the case of Lindsey Graham, begging for money, then you know that they are in serious trouble. I still believe Marshall will win by a narrow margin in the end, but there's a strong likelihood that he becomes the first Republican in almost ninety years to lose a Senate race in Kansas.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1120 on: October 25, 2020, 07:34:06 PM »

Is Marshall really in imminent danger of losing or is he just a fool?
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1121 on: October 25, 2020, 07:36:14 PM »

Is Marshall really in imminent danger of losing or is he just a fool?
I think its both.  He's a fool because he let it get this close, along with optics of begging for a debate a week from election day; and hes in imminent danger of losing because he's being drug down by a weight.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #1122 on: November 04, 2020, 12:31:47 AM »

Roger Marshall looks like he will win by double-digits. I always felt confident in his chances, though recent polling and fundraising numbers had me thinking it would be a lot closer.

LaTurner easily holds KS-02 and Davids wins KS-03 by much less than many had predicted.

In the legislature, I haven't seen the full numbers yet, but it looks to be largely a wash - Republicans will have big majorities in both chambers again, possibly a supermajority again in the Senate. Disgraced loser Aaron Coleman, the young Democrat who won in Kansas City, KS with all the scandals, is easily winning tonight with 65%+.
Bootes Void
iamaganster123
Junior Chimp
Canada

« Reply #1123 on: November 04, 2020, 12:33:04 AM »

hey atleast look at the bright side, we didnt end up Kobach
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1124 on: November 04, 2020, 01:06:11 AM »

Roger Marshall looks like he will win by double-digits. I always felt confident in his chances, though recent polling and fundraising numbers had me thinking it would be a lot closer.

LaTurner easily holds KS-02 and Davids wins KS-03 by much less than many had predicted.

In the legislature, I haven't seen the full numbers yet, but it looks to be largely a wash - Republicans will have big majorities in both chambers again, possibly a supermajority again in the Senate. Disgraced loser Aaron Coleman, the young Democrat who won in Kansas City, KS with all the scandals, is easily winning tonight with 65%+.

Kansas seems to have swung back to the Republicans on the downballot level this year.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies