Update for Everyone VII: Insert Something Philosophical Sounding Here
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 04:37:52 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone VII: Insert Something Philosophical Sounding Here
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 ... 99
Author Topic: Update for Everyone VII: Insert Something Philosophical Sounding Here  (Read 150082 times)
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1225 on: October 06, 2019, 04:16:44 PM »

This whole freshman orientation thing has been miserable daunting and lonely, if things don’t go well the next few months I might not be able to take it and just join the military or get a job or something, because this just seems undoable, kudos to all of you for being able to get degrees, it is an impressive accomplishment.

Oh also update on this. It is still miserably daunting and lonely, but I am a little more confident about doing it now but idk could be a bad thing to be gaining confidence too. Yet it’s weird since I am more chillaxed about it if you know what I mean by that. Like apparently midterms are a thing (never had them in highschool and never even  knew what they were until a couple days ago when I find out through others in my class that I am already half way through them or whatever and I never even knew or anything, I thought they were just normal tests) I guess I don’t pay much attention in class or read much online. Hell, I hardly even check my grades, maybe twice full self evaluation since middle of august. Idk, it’s just different and less urgency than highschool. Like I’m a simple guy with not much material want, so I know I have several paths open that I’d be fine with if I decide to drop out eventually, and it won’t be the end of the world. So idk, this is like one of the most “go with the flow” type living durations I have done in my life so far, and it feels weirdly liberating and comforting at the same time. So I’m aight for now I guess.
I would definitely prioritize your grades bagel, if you don’t keep up with them it’ll bite you.

Have you been active in any on-campus events and organizations? That would surely get you connected to folks and lessen the feeling of loneliness.

yeah ik it’s just so hard to care that much anymore. I joined young dems but they usually meet on thursdays when I don’t have class and I don’t feel like dragging my @$$ over there, since I live at home with my dad several miles away. And I just spend thursday larding around at home.
If nothing major is going on at home, and you have other spare free time, you probably should be active on campus mate. College is for finding connections and yourself while you get a degree, so seize the moment.

Plus, if you think you’re lonely now, wait until after college. Tongue College is one of the best and easiest places to meet people so take advantage of that while you can.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #1226 on: October 06, 2019, 04:18:10 PM »

This whole freshman orientation thing has been miserable daunting and lonely, if things don’t go well the next few months I might not be able to take it and just join the military or get a job or something, because this just seems undoable, kudos to all of you for being able to get degrees, it is an impressive accomplishment.

Oh also update on this. It is still miserably daunting and lonely, but I am a little more confident about doing it now but idk could be a bad thing to be gaining confidence too. Yet it’s weird since I am more chillaxed about it if you know what I mean by that. Like apparently midterms are a thing (never had them in highschool and never even  knew what they were until a couple days ago when I find out through others in my class that I am already half way through them or whatever and I never even knew or anything, I thought they were just normal tests) I guess I don’t pay much attention in class or read much online. Hell, I hardly even check my grades, maybe twice full self evaluation since middle of august. Idk, it’s just different and less urgency than highschool. Like I’m a simple guy with not much material want, so I know I have several paths open that I’d be fine with if I decide to drop out eventually, and it won’t be the end of the world. So idk, this is like one of the most “go with the flow” type living durations I have done in my life so far, and it feels weirdly liberating and comforting at the same time. So I’m aight for now I guess.
I would definitely prioritize your grades bagel, if you don’t keep up with them it’ll bite you.

Have you been active in any on-campus events and organizations? That would surely get you connected to folks and lessen the feeling of loneliness.

yeah ik it’s just so hard to care that much anymore. I joined young dems but they usually meet on thursdays when I don’t have class and I don’t feel like dragging my @$$ over there, since I live at home with my dad several miles away. And I just spend thursday larding around at home.
If nothing major is going on at home, and you have other spare free time, you probably should be active on campus mate. College is for finding connections and yourself while you get a degree, so seize the moment.

Also, my school (UTD) is very different. It is largely commuter so it is a ghost town oftentimes, and it is a pretty unsocial campus and the sports and greek scene (not much of a fan of either anyways) is almost nonexistent. I have quite a bit of free time, I dont have any classes on thursdays or weekends. And UTD is very much a “I’m just here for the degree” type school.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1227 on: October 06, 2019, 04:29:27 PM »

Also, my school (UTD) is very different. It is largely commuter so it is a ghost town oftentimes, and it is a pretty unsocial campus and the sports and greek scene (not much of a fan of either anyways) is almost nonexistent. I have quite a bit of free time, I dont have any classes on thursdays or weekends. And UTD is very much a “I’m just here for the degree” type school.
Even still, your in the prime of your life. Find something social to do outside of your campus, explore some new hobbies or something.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1228 on: October 06, 2019, 04:44:34 PM »

Plus, if you think you’re lonely now, wait until after college. Tongue College is one of the best and easiest places to meet people so take advantage of that while you can.

Indeed. No time is easier. Even at a commuter school.

Also, grades matter a f*(k load more. Cs get degrees, not D's.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1229 on: October 06, 2019, 05:15:11 PM »

Atlas is my hobby lol, and I still have mostly C's and B's I am not like failing anything yet.
RFK Jr.’s Brain Worm
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1230 on: October 07, 2019, 09:46:51 PM »

Got my t-shirt from the Kirsten Gillibrand campaign. Donated $1 for it. Only took almost a month and a half to get here.
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1231 on: October 08, 2019, 04:02:04 PM »

The past 24 hours have been goddamn amazing for my mental health. For the first time in nearly nine months, I feel like I'm allowed to be happy.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #1232 on: October 08, 2019, 09:35:58 PM »

The past 24 hours have been goddamn amazing for my mental health. For the first time in nearly nine months, I feel like I'm allowed to be happy.
Smiley Smiley Smiley
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1233 on: October 08, 2019, 10:59:04 PM »

I'm very close to the end of my undergrad degree — three classes in progress, all fairly easy, plus a thesis that's in very good shape — but my god does every step closer feel like an eternity. I just wanna be done!
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #1234 on: October 13, 2019, 04:31:46 AM »

Man i cant sleep an shít and Im out of YouTube videos to watch
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1235 on: October 13, 2019, 02:42:31 PM »

They’re showing Alien in theaters for the 40th anniversary. Still astounded by what I already knew to be a phenomenal film.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1236 on: October 13, 2019, 03:28:40 PM »

My phones blowing up. Some kinda mass shooting being reported in Boca. Me and mine are all fine and far enough away in Boynton Beach, but send your prayers in case it’s bad. I suspect that the limited information and media reports will prove it to be some kind of accidental panic caused by a backfiring motorcycle exhaust pipe or something.

Hopefully at least.
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1237 on: October 13, 2019, 09:07:53 PM »

Well, sh**t. I was watching Charmed and began crying because Paige's guilt complex and feeling like everyone thinks she's a total screwup hit way too close to home. I've been unzipped and I'm back at square one. Since most of the transition milestones are behind me, I have no idea if I'll ever pick up again.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1238 on: October 14, 2019, 04:48:51 PM »

I get to vote in a week again, this is what I am thinking

1. against 2. against 3. for 4. for 5. for 6. for 7. against 8. for 9. against 10. for
I Can Now Die Happy
NYC Millennial Minority
United States
Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: -4.70

P P
« Reply #1239 on: October 14, 2019, 09:26:15 PM »

CONFESSION TIME

I really am Donald Trump
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #1240 on: October 15, 2019, 07:22:29 AM »

20 minutes into the day after an all-nighter. First coffee of the morning, as I stayed up without it last night. So I should be fine. Problem is I don't know where I'll find time in the next 40 hours to sleep.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #1241 on: October 15, 2019, 07:41:29 AM »

I'm very close to the end of my undergrad degree — three classes in progress, all fairly easy, plus a thesis that's in very good shape — but my god does every step closer feel like an eternity. I just wanna be done!
Then just remember eternity is longer than you think.  Then you can think again.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1242 on: October 15, 2019, 10:19:42 AM »

20 minutes into the day after an all-nighter. First coffee of the morning, as I stayed up without it last night. So I should be fine. Problem is I don't know where I'll find time in the next 40 hours to sleep.
You should try meth!
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1243 on: October 15, 2019, 08:27:40 PM »

Just escaped death by a tenth of a second. My car missed being hit by mere inches. I’m shaking.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1244 on: October 15, 2019, 09:01:15 PM »

Just escaped death by a tenth of a second. My car missed being hit by mere inches. I’m shaking.
I’m sorry to hear that - although you’re probably safer in a car. When my mother was pregnant with my elder brother, she had to run away from a car that ran up onto the sidewalk over several feet of grass.
Gracile
gracile
Moderators
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -7.65

« Reply #1245 on: October 16, 2019, 09:08:03 AM »

I'm starting to realize that I don't really get along well with other left-wingers (both here and irl). I don't know why that is or how I can resolve that.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #1246 on: October 16, 2019, 09:40:30 AM »

I'm starting to realize that I don't really get along well with other left-wingers (both here and irl). I don't know why that is or how I can resolve that.

Why's that?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1247 on: October 16, 2019, 01:12:22 PM »

That’s like me but with College Republicans.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1248 on: October 16, 2019, 11:45:05 PM »
« Edited: October 16, 2019, 11:51:43 PM by Bagel23 »

My dad is turning 65 in 18 days and I am so excited, since imma be asking for senior discounts everywhere we go after he hits that age.

He does not want to join aarp though since he does not want to feel old.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1249 on: October 17, 2019, 12:07:41 AM »

I’m ready to quit smoking. If I keep up my current rate, I’ll be dead by 45. Thinking of asking my doc to get me on that chantix stuff
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 ... 99  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies