The BlueSwan Basement of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VIII
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 12:10:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The BlueSwan Basement of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VIII
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 70 ... 74
Author Topic: The BlueSwan Basement of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VIII  (Read 170363 times)
Donerail
Atlas Icon
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1600 on: January 29, 2020, 11:23:16 PM »

Many have tried to best him, but there's a reason the thread has the title!
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix
E: -8.50, S: -5.74

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1601 on: January 30, 2020, 09:43:25 AM »

You don't see any blue avatars now
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1602 on: January 30, 2020, 09:55:54 AM »

I don't know about you, but to me, the instructions were unclear. I've looked at my crotch, but now I just want to get rid of it.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1603 on: January 30, 2020, 02:58:24 PM »

There's a reasoned argument to be against GRS/HRT for gender-dysphoric children.  Studies show that a majority of gender-dysphoric children do not become gender-dysphoric adults:  here, here and here.

Permanent, sterility-inducing drugs or surgery for transgender-presenting children is medically unethical, especially when a growing number of GD cases in adolescents indicate social contagion, peer influence, or previously-diagnosed psychiatric disorder as major contributing factors

My personal opinion is that we should be affirming children in the bodies they were born with, encourage traditional CBT, and accept cross-dressing or gender non-conforming activities as non-diagnostic of transgender identity.  To push a transgender identity onto children and adolescents enhances restrictive gender stereotypes and roles.

This is my concern as well. If portions of "trans liberation" are taken to their logical conclusion I could see us becoming some sort of Iranian like society where trans people are accepted and cis gay men murdered.
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1604 on: January 30, 2020, 03:46:48 PM »

There's a reasoned argument to be against GRS/HRT for gender-dysphoric children.  Studies show that a majority of gender-dysphoric children do not become gender-dysphoric adults:  here, here and here.

Permanent, sterility-inducing drugs or surgery for transgender-presenting children is medically unethical, especially when a growing number of GD cases in adolescents indicate social contagion, peer influence, or previously-diagnosed psychiatric disorder as major contributing factors

My personal opinion is that we should be affirming children in the bodies they were born with, encourage traditional CBT, and accept cross-dressing or gender non-conforming activities as non-diagnostic of transgender identity.  To push a transgender identity onto children and adolescents enhances restrictive gender stereotypes and roles.

This is my concern as well. If portions of "trans liberation" are taken to their logical conclusion I could see us becoming some sort of Iranian like society where trans people are accepted and cis gay men murdered.
i can barely believe thats a real post
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1605 on: January 30, 2020, 06:05:03 PM »

Typical #Murica.

I am so glad that teleevangelists appear only in USA.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1606 on: January 30, 2020, 06:06:15 PM »

i can barely believe thats a real post
It's a pretty insane post no doubt but in all fairness who ten years ago would've predicted that "lesbians should condition themselves to like dick" would be a viewpoint promoted by "progressives".
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #1607 on: February 02, 2020, 07:30:09 PM »

BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1608 on: February 04, 2020, 05:50:17 PM »

Indeed. Sanders has no path now. Biden is basically inevitable.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1609 on: February 04, 2020, 08:41:05 PM »

"Diversity" is nothing more than a dogwhistle to mean "non-White".
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1610 on: February 05, 2020, 03:34:25 PM »

You quoting the post here is an absurd post
Fight for Trump
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #1611 on: February 05, 2020, 03:59:30 PM »
« Edited: February 05, 2020, 04:02:31 PM by Tulsibot »

Roll Eyes

Firstly, it's not a dogwhistle. Second, "diversity", even in a highly-simplified, purely demographic sense, can mean women, LGBT, disabled, etc. People who are underrepresented in the halls of power and often undervalued as human beings.
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 2.09

P P P
« Reply #1612 on: February 05, 2020, 04:05:52 PM »

Roll Eyes

Firstly, it's not a dogwhistle. Second, "diversity", even in a highly-simplified, purely demographic sense, can mean women, LGBT, disabled, etc. People who are underrepresented in the halls of power and often undervalued as human beings.

Meanwhile, in contemporary fiction...
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #1613 on: February 05, 2020, 04:27:26 PM »

Good ol' low effort trolling.

Klobuchar • SAFE D
Biden • LIKELY D
Bloomberg • Tossup
Buttigieg • LEAN R
Sanders • LIKELY R
Warren • SAFE R
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1614 on: February 05, 2020, 05:57:53 PM »

"I can excuse rape, corruption, and throwing kids in jail, but by God I draw the line at interfering with the supply of US military aid to Ukraine."

I misremembered when Tlaib made the comment and was thinking it was January of 2017.  Some of us don't compulsively obsess over every dumb thing someone has said years ago because we have lives, not that I expect you to know anything about that.  Of course, it was still dumb of her to say that b/c it played right into Republican talking points.
Tlaib wasn't even in Congress in January of 2017. Why would there be national news coverage of something a random Michigan State Rep said?

Because I forgot when Tlaib was elected for a moment?  I mean, that’s pretty obvious from the post you quoted.

Imagine actually believing Rashida Tlaib was in Congress in 2017. Holy f[inks]ing sh!t.
AtorBoltox

« Reply #1615 on: February 05, 2020, 09:39:43 PM »

1917: 10/10
Ford v Ferrari: 9/10
The Irishman: 3/10
Jojo Rabbit: 10/10
Joker: 7/10
Little Women: 4/10
Marriage Story: 10/10
Once Upon a Time in Hollywood: 6/10
Parasite: 6/10
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1616 on: February 05, 2020, 09:50:55 PM »

1917: 10/10
Ford v Ferrari: 9/10
The Irishman: 3/10
Jojo Rabbit: 10/10
Joker: 7/10
Little Women: 4/10
Marriage Story: 10/10
Once Upon a Time in Hollywood: 6/10
Parasite: 6/10

Several of these are terrible takes (I'd rather die than live in a world in which it was consensus that Joker was a better movie than Little Women), but bad subjective opinions about movies aren't absurd or ignorant.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #1617 on: February 06, 2020, 01:16:36 PM »

You people with your conspiracy theories.  My god.  I don't see any Buttigieg supporters saying the recanvass was done to stop Buttigieg from retaking the lead.

I don't see any Buttigieg supporters anywhere in Democratic party politics. Because they're either Republicans or they spend all of their time in wine caves.

Buttigieg supporters are either yuppies who either ended up lucky after college and didnt have to struggle like other millenials for whatever reason like being trust fund babies, having great degrees, or connections like Tara mcgowan who enriched herself from her being a ex hillary staffer and going on to get Hillary's dark money and ended up creating the sh**tty app that crashed and coincidentially is married to a person on the buttigieg camp . or Gen X especially socially liberal economically center-right wine moms.  Or the worst of identity politics.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #1618 on: February 07, 2020, 01:04:29 PM »

Rush looked cooler smoking than Ben Shapiro ever has or ever will.

Ben Shapiro is a huge fan of Star Wars and can talk about a Star Wars topic for hours and has read the old EU as well .

Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1619 on: February 07, 2020, 06:44:54 PM »

If Buttigieg wins I'm staying home. I don't care that I live in a swing state and I don't care about the Democratic Party.

Brought to you by The Maroon ManChildren's Guild of Atlas
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #1620 on: February 08, 2020, 02:43:04 PM »

Rush looked cooler smoking than Ben Shapiro ever has or ever will.

Ben Shapiro is a huge fan of Star Wars and can talk about a Star Wars topic for hours and has read the old EU as well .

Lmao
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1621 on: February 09, 2020, 08:41:46 AM »

You people with your conspiracy theories.  My god.  I don't see any Buttigieg supporters saying the recanvass was done to stop Buttigieg from retaking the lead.

I don't see any Buttigieg supporters anywhere in Democratic party politics. Because they're either Republicans or they spend all of their time in wine caves.

Buttigieg supporters are either yuppies who either ended up lucky after college and didnt have to struggle like other millenials for whatever reason like being trust fund babies, having great degrees, or connections like Tara mcgowan who enriched herself from her being a ex hillary staffer and going on to get Hillary's dark money and ended up creating the sh**tty app that crashed and coincidentially is married to a person on the buttigieg camp . or Gen X especially socially liberal economically center-right wine moms.  Or the worst of identity politics.

The activist left wants to pretend that right-wingers voting in a Democratic primary is a bad thing.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1622 on: February 13, 2020, 02:03:41 AM »

The newly elected Soviet majority in Virginiya Oblast is every bit as acrimonious as the California dems -- pulling that off is quite the "distinction."
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #1623 on: February 13, 2020, 09:40:07 AM »

There is no doubt that he is a racist.
I think a racist can no longer win a Dem primary.
Bernie Sanders is probably going to be the nominee so this statement isn’t all the way true.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1624 on: February 13, 2020, 03:14:31 PM »

The idea that Bloomberg might be even worse for American democracy than Trump has been is by no means laughable.

The raft of mayoral and congressional endorsements that Bloomberg has won already is enough to demonstrate that it deserves serious consideration. A benevolent plutocrat with authoritarian instincts is still a plutocrat with authoritarian instincts.

And, no, I'm not using that adjective in reference to the Big Gulp nonsense.
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 70 ... 74  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies