Iowa Caucus Results Thread (pg 148 - full results)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 03:07:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Iowa Caucus Results Thread (pg 148 - full results)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 132 133 134 [135] 136 137 138 139 140 ... 155
Author Topic: Iowa Caucus Results Thread (pg 148 - full results)  (Read 152719 times)
We Live in Black and White
SvenTC
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.81, S: -6.82

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3350 on: February 06, 2020, 12:41:31 PM »

It's for the best.  This is just ludicrous and slapdash.  At least with a recanvass we can have a modicum of faith in the final count.  Any impact that Iowa was going to have on New Hampshire has already been blown.

For once, I agree with you, though I maintain that a recanvass at this juncture is a great big stupid waste of time. The people who were going to benefit from Iowa have already benefited from Iowa and it's done nothing to change how New Hampshire will fall.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3351 on: February 06, 2020, 12:42:59 PM »

You people with your conspiracy theories.  My god.  I don't see any Buttigieg supporters saying the recanvass was done to stop Buttigieg from retaking the lead.

If only the DNC was as competent as you think.  Somehow they're able to run this massive master manipulation scheme to keep Bernie Sanders from winning Iowa and rig the entire election against him, while also not being able to run a caucus in a single small state.
The Free North
CTRattlesnake
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3352 on: February 06, 2020, 12:44:03 PM »

Mike Bloomberg now seems like genius.   He let all the other candidates throw in tons of money in IA hoping to get some momentum.  Instead after all that money spent there might not be a winner for a week if not longer.  In the meantime he throws all his money into Super Tuesday states. 

He got lucky.
SvenTC
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3353 on: February 06, 2020, 12:45:15 PM »

You people with your conspiracy theories.  My god.  I don't see any Buttigieg supporters saying the recanvass was done to stop Buttigieg from retaking the lead.

You should try reading Twitter for other reasons than to make strawman attacks against Bernie Sanders and his supporters.

If only the DNC was as competent as you think.  Somehow they're able to run this massive master manipulation scheme to keep Bernie Sanders from winning Iowa and rig the entire election against him, while also not being able to run a caucus in a single small state.

Their incompetence doesn't mean they can't try and inconvenience the guy they don't want at every possible turn.
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3354 on: February 06, 2020, 12:47:47 PM »

Yeah, that is literally what the DNC is doing.
Also he wants to recanvass before all of the vote is even in. He never wanted to recanvass at the 62% mark or 71% but now when Sanders is about to pull through.
Walmart_shopper
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.52, S: 3.13

« Reply #3355 on: February 06, 2020, 12:49:50 PM »

Tom Perez tweets "Enough is enough. In light of the problems that have emerged in the implementation of the delegate selection plan and in order to assure public confidence in the results, I am calling on the Iowa Democratic Party to immediately begin a recanvass."

Link or it didn't happen.

Holy sh*t it's real.

A major and long awaited poll showing Bernie leading...and it gets spiked by Buttigieg.

Bernie ties/wins caucus...Buttigieg claims victory and media runs it while state party spikes the actual results.

Actual results show Bernie winning/tying caucus...DNC spikes final results.

Yeah, nothing to see here folks.
jaichind
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.03, S: -5.39

« Reply #3356 on: February 06, 2020, 12:51:07 PM »

Folks, can we just acknowledge that it was released to screw over Sanders. This is just basic logic here.
Do people seriously think this was a fair process? They released only 62% of the results, such a weird number. It had Buttigieg in his highest lead possible. We were given 62% for a full afternoon and evening, allowing Buttigieg to call his victory. Slowly, more results trickle in and lower Buttigieg's margin. Now we are at 97% and Buttigieg holds a slight lead, by only .1%! Why not just release all 100% of the results, what is the 3% hiding. Sanders might have won the SDE and they don't want that. Now the DNC chair is asking for a recanvasing before all the results are in.

Even if this was intentional I do not think it is to screw over Sanders but more to protect themselves from even more embarrassment.    What they do not want is t a very slow count which allowed Buttigieg to claim victory then a final flawed count for Sanders to claim victory and then a recanvasing that leads to a Buttigieg victory.  Instead by stopping it now while Buttigieg is ahead and then doing a recanvasing now the winner can only flip once and not twice.
Walmart_shopper
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #3357 on: February 06, 2020, 12:51:27 PM »

I'm not saying that this whole thing is rigged, but if it was this is exactly how you would rig it.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3358 on: February 06, 2020, 12:52:05 PM »

Recanvassing the results isn't going to fix implementation error.

Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3359 on: February 06, 2020, 12:53:17 PM »

I'm not saying that this whole thing is rigged, but if it was this is exactly how you would rig it.

This makes no sense. Why would Buttigieg be the choice? Why wouldn't you go with Biden? Why would you let it be this close?
Walmart_shopper
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #3360 on: February 06, 2020, 12:53:51 PM »

I don't see any Buttigieg supporters anywhere in Democratic party politics. Because they're either Republicans or they spend all of their time in wine caves.
jaichind
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.03, S: -5.39

« Reply #3361 on: February 06, 2020, 12:55:04 PM »

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-02-06/democratic-chair-calls-for-recanvass-of-iowa-caucus-results

Bloomberg News points out "Perez asked for a recanvass, which is different than recount. A recanvass is a review of the reporting sheets from each caucus site; a recount is a hand review of each caucus-goer’s individual preference card."
SvenTC
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3362 on: February 06, 2020, 12:55:36 PM »

And somehow it's still not working. That's the stupid part of all of this: in spite of all of their incompetence, in spite of every roadblock they tried to put up, Buttigieg is still at the bottom of the barrel nationally and Bernie has taken the lead.

Which is another reason why I hesitate to fully believe that this was deliberate. Why allow Trump supporters to clog the results? Why throw in with Pete Buttigieg, the single worst candidate for the DNC's Black base? Why do it this way?
Diabolical Materialism
SlamDunk

« Reply #3363 on: February 06, 2020, 12:56:46 PM »

This is embarrassing, Perez needs to resign ASAP.
Hydera

« Reply #3364 on: February 06, 2020, 12:57:09 PM »
« Edited: February 06, 2020, 01:01:30 PM by Hydera »

You people with your conspiracy theories.  My god.  I don't see any Buttigieg supporters saying the recanvass was done to stop Buttigieg from retaking the lead.

I don't see any Buttigieg supporters anywhere in Democratic party politics. Because they're either Republicans or they spend all of their time in wine caves.

Buttigieg supporters are either yuppies who either ended up lucky after college and didnt have to struggle like other millenials for whatever reason like being trust fund babies, having great degrees, or connections like Tara mcgowan who enriched herself from her being a ex hillary staffer and going on to get Hillary's dark money and ended up creating the sh**tty app that crashed and coincidentially is married to a person on the buttigieg camp . or Gen X especially socially liberal economically center-right wine moms.  Or the worst of identity politics.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3365 on: February 06, 2020, 12:58:43 PM »

Tom Perez has zero power or authority over a local party.
Walmart_shopper
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #3366 on: February 06, 2020, 12:59:15 PM »

But please tell me how awful we are that we don't automatically promise general election support for  the nominee of the party that is either a. historically and dangerously incompetent or b. a mendaciously corrupt cabal of corporate shills in a wine cave.
SvenTC
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3367 on: February 06, 2020, 01:00:07 PM »

Tom Perez has zero power or authority over a local party.

True, but he has also proven to be a categorically worthless party leader in almost every regard.
Hydera

« Reply #3368 on: February 06, 2020, 01:02:23 PM »

But please tell me how awful we are that we don't automatically promise general election support for  the nominee of the party that is either a. historically and dangerously incompetent or b. a mendaciously corrupt cabal of corporate shills in a wine cave.

Everything about Buttigieg being a corporate candidate is public knowledge. Seems like his supporters either dont care or actually think its fine.

https://publicintegrity.org/politics/pete-buttigieg-mayor-indiana-money-lobbyists/

https://www.forbes.com/sites/colleencurry/2020/02/04/iowa-caucus-leader-pete-buttigieg-has-most-exclusive-billionaire-donors-of-any-democrat/amp/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/powerpost/paloma/the-finance-202/2020/02/06/the-finance-202-pete-buttigieg-lures-even-closer-look-from-wall-street-donors-following-strong-iowa-caucuses-performance/5e3b539f88e0fa7f82545b2a/

Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #3369 on: February 06, 2020, 01:02:41 PM »

Anecdotal, but Buttigieg supporters are extremely visible in my life. Buttigieg fans clog my Facebook feed almost as much as Sanders supporters, and certainly far more than any of the other candidates. And back in 2016, it was practically all Bernie with only a few token Clintonites. I see Buttigieg shirts and stickers all the time around town. When my coworkers and I talked about the election a few weeks ago, there was one Never Trump Republican and all the others were split roughly 50-50 between Buttigieg and Warren. If I was going just off of what I see personally and no polls of fundraising, I'd definitely think Buttigieg was at least in the top two nationally.
dax00

« Reply #3370 on: February 06, 2020, 01:06:39 PM »

brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #3371 on: February 06, 2020, 01:07:20 PM »

Anecdotal, but Buttigieg supporters are extremely visible in my life. Buttigieg fans clog my Facebook feed almost as much as Sanders supporters, and certainly far more than any of the other candidates. And back in 2016, it was practically all Bernie with only a few token Clintonites. I see Buttigieg shirts and stickers all the time around town. When my coworkers and I talked about the election a few weeks ago, there was one Never Trump Republican and all the others were split roughly 50-50 between Buttigieg and Warren. If I was going just off of what I see personally and no polls of fundraising, I'd definitely think Buttigieg was at least in the top two nationally.

bUt ThEy'Re AlL rEpUbLiCaNs, & FaCeBoOk Is A wInE cAvE
Hydera

« Reply #3372 on: February 06, 2020, 01:09:39 PM »

https://twitter.com/merica/status/1225477448353173506

Farmlands
Portugal

Political Matrix
E: 0.77, S: -0.14

« Reply #3373 on: February 06, 2020, 01:10:40 PM »
« Edited: February 06, 2020, 01:40:15 PM by Farmlands »

Essentially, the statement is nonsensical, as the DNC was already in charge before this public announcement by Perez, as stated several times per CNN's Jeff Zeleny. Could we have any semblance of transparency here?
Walmart_shopper
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #3374 on: February 06, 2020, 01:11:15 PM »

You people with your conspiracy theories.  My god.  I don't see any Buttigieg supporters saying the recanvass was done to stop Buttigieg from retaking the lead.

Buttigieg supporters are either yuppies who either ended up lucky after college and didnt have to struggle like other millenials for whatever reason like being trust fund babies, having great degrees, or connections like Tara mcgowan who enriched herself from her being a ex hillary staffer and going on to get Hillary's dark money and ended up creating the sh**tty app that crashed. or Gen X especially socially liberal economically center-right wine moms.  Or the worst of identity politics.

Pete's base is literally the Tom Edsall, Jenn Rubin, and Never Trump Republicans who are dying inside that Romney didn't win but want everyone to know how woke they are because they're supporting the gay Republican running in the Democratic primary. Buttigieg is literally what every suburban Republican in America wishes their kid was like, but they're not because they're still livig at home working retail because the economy is rigged by people who dine in wine caves and vote for people like Pete Buttigieg.
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 132 133 134 [135] 136 137 138 139 140 ... 155  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies