The BlueSwan Basement of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VIII
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 11:14:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The BlueSwan Basement of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VIII
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 ... 74
Author Topic: The BlueSwan Basement of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VIII  (Read 169377 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1400 on: November 06, 2019, 02:38:35 AM »
« edited: November 06, 2019, 09:25:04 AM by The love that set me free »

The most important County for Beshear tomorrow will be Jefferson County. He needs to win that 58-42 or something like that to have a chance maybe even higher.

He needs to get 65%+ to have a chance. He'll probably get >60%, but not the 65-67% that he needs.

He probably needs 70%+ to even get within single digits statewide. KY is more rural than TN, and Bredesen getting 70% in Nashville was only enough to get to 43% of the state vote.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1401 on: November 06, 2019, 03:05:28 PM »

Here is how Democrats can win over people like OP...

The type of person Atlas thinks will deliver us Gov. Beshear, and thought would deliver us Sen. Bredesen, Gov. Edmondson, etc.

I'm sure OP would vote for Beshear because muh Bevin unpopular!

And before someone says he is not representative of the average Kentucky voter, you're right. He has not used any racial slurs yet and has the ability to form semi-coherent thoughts. Smiley
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1402 on: November 07, 2019, 11:19:36 AM »

The number of available slots for a starring role in reality tv is pretty limited, especially as the heyday for that is over.   However I expect our country to be inundated with random people flipping the bird at politicians in hopes of riding it to political stardom.  Is this what you people want?

You haven't explained how having a reality TV show would qualify someone to be the most powerful person in the world.

"Doctor, you didn't graduate from med school, you just printed out a diploma you found online?"

"Yes, but Trump is president, so it's fine."
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1403 on: November 07, 2019, 11:34:18 AM »

The number of available slots for a starring role in reality tv is pretty limited, especially as the heyday for that is over.   However I expect our country to be inundated with random people flipping the bird at politicians in hopes of riding it to political stardom.  Is this what you people want?

You haven't explained how having a reality TV show would qualify someone to be the most powerful person in the world.

"Doctor, you didn't graduate from med school, you just printed out a diploma you found online?"

You hate it because it's true.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1404 on: November 07, 2019, 07:00:13 PM »

Context: absolute worst case scenario for Trump.

This is dems had a good candidate which they don't. I think Tulsi could get close to this.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1405 on: November 07, 2019, 08:00:43 PM »

I mean, he’s polling poorly with African-Americans in no small part due to that community’s homophobia, so that part isn’t really his fault.  Oh and also because he fired a crooked police chief who happened to be black, but again not his fault the guy decided to commit a felony.

Funny how literally everyone I've seen make this take is white.

Is it really a "take" when you can just look at the polling? African-American support for gay marriage is routinely 10% lower than white support for it.

I think ur missing the point about it only being white people, typically privileged white people making statements like that.

I have seen enough evidence that I don’t think I’m making an even remotely unreasonable assumption by stating that one of them the major reasons Buttigieg does so poorly with African-American voters is that he’s gay.  That evidence has come in the form of focus group results (https://www.thestate.com/news/politics-government/article236516903.html), admissions from African-American politicians (https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2019/11/03/sotu-clyburn-buttigieg.cnn), and anecdotal evidence from conversations I’ve had with African-Americans I know personally who have talked about the homophobic comments their friends and family members have made over the years. 

I'm sure your two black friends in real life count as enough evidence. Yeah black politicians, the same ones who hardly ever represent the interests of their constituents obviously know so much about this issue. Maybe if Pete actually did something and didnt come off as an idiot on issues about race his numbers would be better.

I'm not going to entertain this anymore. I honestly hate it when white people make statements like this. But I'm not surprised the out of touch atlas left does.

Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1406 on: November 08, 2019, 03:04:08 AM »

I don't hate it, and it's dumb.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #1407 on: November 08, 2019, 08:49:08 AM »

Right... you don't mind it at all, that's why you put it here.

It's a perfect description of your position.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1408 on: November 08, 2019, 12:30:09 PM »

I put it here because it was dumb.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #1409 on: November 08, 2019, 09:13:52 PM »

I put it here because it was dumb.

yeah, it's a satire of something dumb. get it?
BP🌹
BP1202
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -9.13, S: -6.00

« Reply #1410 on: November 10, 2019, 06:33:21 PM »

Should he also attend the anniversary of the founding of the People's Republic of China? China was also a big contributor to defeating Imperial Japan.
yes

Um, the PRC wasn't founded until 1949, four years after the end of WWII.
I'm aware. But the Chinese communists did fight against Japan. Also, shouldn't you be telling that to Beet, the one who asked the question?

It was the Nationalist Chinese that resisted the Japanese.  Trump should honor the Chinese resistance to the Japanese in Taipei, the home of the Nationalist government that resisted the Japanese.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #1411 on: November 13, 2019, 08:41:58 PM »

🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #1412 on: November 14, 2019, 05:35:40 PM »

F(ck you Louisiana. We should cut their medicaid expansion money off if we regain control federally.

extremely normal response to a tied poll.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1413 on: November 14, 2019, 11:36:49 PM »

Probably from a Zionist perspective. Israel has long refused to recognize the genocide. Relations between Israelis and Armenians are poor, despite some superficial similarities. Armenia is a close ally of Iran and Israel a close ally of Azerbaijan. Armenians in East Jerusalem are treated like sh*t. Armenian Palestinians shared the same fate as Arab Palestinians in 1948.

Oh, and the Armenian Genocide threatens the uniqueness of the Holocaust.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #1414 on: November 16, 2019, 03:02:11 AM »

Hold up, people.

Let's all calm down and realize that this isn't about the Right or the Left. Both parties have gone to war and supported regime change as soon as a regime stops benefiting/does not benefit American interests abroad.

This is why I view America's foreign policy in the same light, or even worse than Russia's for example.

GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1415 on: November 16, 2019, 04:19:37 AM »

I was excited to see what post I had made to earn the naming rights to this thread, and left disappointed that there wasn't one.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1416 on: November 16, 2019, 01:10:34 PM »

I consider Roger Stone to be a political prisoner.

My opinion of this will not be subject to revision until such time as the entire genesis of Russiagate is revealed, and the entire role of the FBI and other intelligence agencies is revealed. 
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1417 on: November 16, 2019, 02:12:01 PM »

I was excited to see what post I had made to earn the naming rights to this thread, and left disappointed that there wasn't one.

It was this one.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1418 on: November 16, 2019, 02:39:54 PM »

I consider Roger Stone to be a political prisoner.

My opinion of this will not be subject to revision until such time as the entire genesis of Russiagate is revealed, and the entire role of the FBI and other intelligence agencies is revealed. 
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1419 on: November 19, 2019, 03:05:17 PM »

Not sure what's so hard about just not spending your money somewhere if you didn't agree with them ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Maybe if most of these protesters had jobs and some real hobbies, they'd be less outraged over a restaurant that sells fried chicken.
People: We're not going to eat at Chick-fil-A because they fund anti-groups.
Chick-fil-A: OK we'll stop doing that then.
fhtagn: Why not instead of not eating at Chick-fil-A and thus forcing them to change their policies can people just not eat at Chick-fil-A?
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #1420 on: November 22, 2019, 01:15:26 PM »

Former Vice President Joseph R. Biden (R-DE) endorses President Donald J. Trump (R-FL):

Good to see Joe endorsing his fellow Republican
Kung Fu Kenny
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #1421 on: November 22, 2019, 01:22:05 PM »

Former Vice President Joseph R. Biden (R-DE) endorses President Donald J. Trump (R-FL):

The context here being that Joe told people protesting him for Obama-era deportations and asking him to not take from corporations, he responded condescendingly and told them to "Vote for Trump"
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #1422 on: November 22, 2019, 01:24:31 PM »

The context here being that Joe told people protesting him for Obama-era deportations and asking him to not take from corporations, he responded condescendingly and told them to "Vote for Trump"

Even if he should have responded differently, doesn't change the fact it's ridiculous to claim he's a Republican, as people on the left have done multiple times.
Mad Deadly Worldwide Communist Gangster Computer God
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #1423 on: November 22, 2019, 01:35:11 PM »
« Edited: November 22, 2019, 02:53:17 PM by Speaker YE »

Even if he should have responded differently, doesn't change the fact it's ridiculous to claim he's a Republican, as people on the left have done multiple times.

You literally supported Trump at the beginning of his campaign because of the deficit.  You are the only person who can say they were that stupid to support Donald J. Trump because of... the deficit.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #1424 on: November 22, 2019, 01:40:03 PM »
« Edited: November 22, 2019, 02:53:50 PM by Speaker YE »

You literally supported Trump at the beginning of his campaign because of the deficit.  You are the only person who can say they were that stupid to support Donald J. Trump because of... the deficit.

I never supported Trump unironically, but you Berniebros deserve Trump if you can't support another Democratic nominee than Saint Bernard.
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 ... 74  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies