The BlueSwan Basement of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VIII
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 02:34:51 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The BlueSwan Basement of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VIII
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 ... 74
Author Topic: The BlueSwan Basement of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VIII  (Read 171309 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #700 on: April 02, 2019, 08:16:13 AM »

Bernie Sanders is on the far right-wing of the Democratic Party. He's basically Ralph Hall now.
America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
« Reply #701 on: April 04, 2019, 11:04:19 AM »

I've served in the Atlas War On Trolls. I like to think of it as my own personal Vietnam.

Internets troll do not kill people.
Wars have killed millions of people throughout history.
Making such a comparison is extremely disrespectful towards those who died in war.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #702 on: April 04, 2019, 11:14:36 AM »

I've served in the Atlas War On Trolls. I like to think of it as my own personal Vietnam.

Making such a comparison is extremely disrespectful towards those who died in war.

Okay Mr Serious

I forgot you're all business, all the time
Some of My Best Friends Are Gay
Enlightened_Centrist 420
YaBB God

« Reply #703 on: April 04, 2019, 11:18:10 AM »

You must be fun at parties.
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -5.91

P P P

« Reply #704 on: April 04, 2019, 11:21:50 AM »

America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
« Reply #705 on: April 04, 2019, 11:24:54 AM »

Okay Mr Serious

There are contexts where jokes that can be made in respectful ways, and then there are contexts where jokes are automatically in bad taste.

Jokes about violence are always in bad taste.

It can be a joke about murder, a joke about rape, a joke about child abuse, a joke about genocide, a joke about terrorism, a joke about kidnapping, a joke about war, etc. Those are all parts of the umbrella of inappropriate jokes due to the violent context of such a joke.
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -5.91

P P P

« Reply #706 on: April 04, 2019, 01:14:53 PM »

Okay Mr Serious

There are contexts where jokes that can be made in respectful ways, and then there are contexts where jokes are automatically in bad taste.

Jokes about violence are always in bad taste.

It can be a joke about murder, a joke about rape, a joke about child abuse, a joke about genocide, a joke about terrorism, a joke about kidnapping, a joke about war, etc. Those are all parts of the umbrella of inappropriate jokes due to the violent context of such a joke.
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.00, S: -7.91

« Reply #707 on: April 05, 2019, 07:31:43 AM »

I know that staunch GOP/trump supporters fear Biden ... as they should.

They don't have to cause he's DEAD ON ARRIVAL.

There's exacty 0.00% chance Joe Biden is gonna be the next president. Let's not kid ourselves please.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #708 on: April 05, 2019, 08:04:39 AM »

There's exacty 0.00% chance Joe Biden is gonna be the next president. Let's not kid ourselves please.

Right now I feel like Rubio and Christie are the two most logic answers to your question. Rubio for his likability, his humble background story, his soothing voice & non-threatening appearance, as well as his fluency with foreign policy issues. Christie for his fire in his belly, his many memorable debate moments, and being willing to tackle runaway entitlement costs by gradually rising the age of retirement.

Kasich just doesn't come across as presidential, though policy-wise he might be the most experienced and convincing of all the candidates. At this point, Kasich seems more wonky than Jeb to me.

Out of Carson, Trump and Cruz, I think that Cruz is the more likely option as the eventual nominee, by quite a distance even. And Trump is the least likely.
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.00, S: -7.91

« Reply #709 on: April 05, 2019, 08:07:48 AM »

Right now I feel like Rubio and Christie are the two most logic answers to your question. Rubio for his likability, his humble background story, his soothing voice & non-threatening appearance, as well as his fluency with foreign policy issues. Christie for his fire in his belly, his many memorable debate moments, and being willing to tackle runaway entitlement costs by gradually rising the age of retirement.

Kasich just doesn't come across as presidential, though policy-wise he might be the most experienced and convincing of all the candidates. At this point, Kasich seems more wonky than Jeb to me.

Out of Carson, Trump and Cruz, I think that Cruz is the more likely option as the eventual nominee, by quite a distance even. And Trump is the least likely.
Trump won in 2016, we saw what happened when he tried to become president before.

Individual candidacies of the past don't mean jack.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #710 on: April 05, 2019, 08:44:31 AM »

Trump won in 2016, we saw what happened when he tried to become president before.

Individual candidacies of the past don't mean jack.

Exactly! We are in agreement if that isn't clear...

Thanks for extending the parallels between failed past runs! Tend to forget about that in Trump's case.
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -0.87

P P P
« Reply #711 on: April 05, 2019, 02:39:53 PM »

It’ll go R either way most likely. The eight-year itch is strong in most of these places, and Pennsylvania is trending R pretty hard anyway. Lean R seems reasonable to me at this point, though I could see it’s up if Trump wins.
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #712 on: April 06, 2019, 11:29:18 PM »

Hopefully this keeps Haaland out of the Senate.  I don’t have any issue with her per-say, but the Crazy Caucus and anti-Semitic Left’s enthusiasm about her possibile candidacy makes me a bit reluctant to support her in a primary.  Luján is a bit more reliably sane and as an added bonus, has proven to be a solid supporter of Israel (from what I’ve read, at least). 
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #713 on: April 08, 2019, 09:40:36 AM »

If there was a trash pile for blatantly racist posts I'd put it there, but:

Sadly, he represents your average Israeli quite well.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #714 on: April 08, 2019, 10:04:19 AM »

If there was a trash pile for blatantly racist posts I'd put it there, but:

Sadly, he represents your average Israeli quite well.

His entire posting history is a trash pile of blatant antisemitism.
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #715 on: April 08, 2019, 05:10:31 PM »

My grandfather was drafted into the Hitler army as a 17-year old in 1944 and was sent to the French/Italian fronts.

It was hell.

Did he actually end up trying to fight and thereby helping to prolong the existence of the Nazi Regime, or did he do the right thing and desert to the other side of the front lines immediately?

Solid is the bravest of keyboard warriors.
Kyle Rittenhouse is a Political Prisoner
Jalawest2

« Reply #716 on: April 08, 2019, 05:13:14 PM »

Solid, once again, posts directly into the thread.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #717 on: April 09, 2019, 11:25:20 AM »

I would have preferred Beto to say what he actually opposes (e.g. bulldozing Palestinian homes to make illegal settlements) in Israeli policy, rather than just call Netanyahu a racist, which is pretty meaningless.
Some of My Best Friends Are Gay
Enlightened_Centrist 420
YaBB God

« Reply #718 on: April 09, 2019, 05:59:22 PM »

Lean R, not part of the Dem path to 270 any more.  Probably only flips in a recession. 
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #719 on: April 09, 2019, 08:59:23 PM »

This is one of those elections that makes me glad that the United States doesn't have a parliamentary system. In spite of all the numerous faults in our political system, we would be even worse off if we had elections like this.

I also must say that it's disturbing how tolerated corruption lately has become in our world and its politics. It's yet another election that is just way too typical for our timeline.
Parliamentary systems are actually pretty resistant at preventing huge takeovers from undemocratic forces compared to two-Party systems. It allows for more debate and nuance in coalition buildings that the strict orthodoxy of a two-party system doesn’t allow for. It also allows for breakaway factions and coalition disbandment if the government starts to slip up against the constituents interest.

Look at how Trump or Modi rose through for the ills of having no parliamentary system, two very baggage-heavy candidates, who got propelled merely because of tactical nose holding in a FPTP system. Look at how the Canadian Conservatives are going to win with 35% of the vote, even though 50-60% of the vote will go to a centrist party and two center-leftist+ parties. Look at how awful most FPTP political scenes actually are.

What you should really be blaming is the Israeli electorate for sucking on the teats of Reaktion, not their parliamentary system.

FPTP has really benefited India and India does have a parliamentary system lol. Also in a proportional system it is almost always impossible to take down the incumbent party.

FPTP is more Democratic than Proportional IMO

True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #720 on: April 09, 2019, 09:08:48 PM »

I would have preferred Beto to say what he actually opposes (e.g. bulldozing Palestinian homes to make illegal settlements) in Israeli policy, rather than just call Netanyahu a racist, which is pretty meaningless.
Sadly "racist" is used so much that by itself it doesn't say much these days.
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -0.87

P P P
« Reply #721 on: April 10, 2019, 06:44:13 AM »

This is a good post

Michael Bloomberg would probably win in a landslide

Hickenlooper/Delaney/Gabbard would win comfortavly

Biden would win narrowly

Everyone else loses to Trump
Skunk
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -9.48

« Reply #722 on: April 10, 2019, 10:16:24 PM »

We should have just let her ungrateful self rot in the Somali trash pit she crawled herself out of.

Fashtagn's descent into an edgier wannabe Candace Owens is disappointing.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #723 on: April 10, 2019, 10:28:48 PM »

Tilt/Lean D. It probably votes to the left of WI and MI, especially if Trump wins reelection.

Lean R.

How dare you not include trending R Rhode Island in this list.

No D trending Kansas either Sad

I mean, if you’re including VA, NM and CO, you might as well include RI and KS.
VA: Clinton +5 and without a majority (even with Kaine)
CO: Clinton +5 and without a majority
NM: Clinton +8 and without a majority

RI: Clinton +16
KS: Trump +21

Not even comparable lol.

In a vaccum this is not bad, but in this thread he was defending VA, CO, and NM as swing states, even though it is clear that they do not belong in that category. Also he does not realize that most NM Johnson voters would have picked HRC and he robbed her of a majority in states like NM, CO, and Va, which are full of RINOs
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #724 on: April 11, 2019, 07:10:05 AM »

Have you been to an Ivy League (or similar caliber) campus? Like 80% of the student body is non-religious/atheist and that's probably underselling it.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 ... 74  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies