Comments regarding the Kavanaugh nomination
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 02:11:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Comments regarding the Kavanaugh nomination
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 79
Author Topic: Comments regarding the Kavanaugh nomination  (Read 96964 times)
NYSforKennedy2024
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: September 27, 2018, 11:23:07 AM »

Oof
CellarDoor
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #101 on: September 27, 2018, 11:23:26 AM »

Ford coming forward before Kavanaugh was the nominee seems to be an important point for those questioning the timing of things.
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #102 on: September 27, 2018, 11:24:50 AM »

Memeber when Atlas said Trump was a genius at optics, media manipulation, and picking fights with people?
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #103 on: September 27, 2018, 11:25:42 AM »

Lots of people are anxious about flying but manage to do it.  I'm one (aftermath of 9/11).   I still choose to drive anywhere within a long day's drive (e.g. Chicago or Washington) rather than fly.  But to the west coast or overseas I'll take the plane, but I won't like it.
💥💥 brandon bro (he/him/his)
peenie_weenie
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #104 on: September 27, 2018, 11:26:12 AM »

This point that she contacted Eschoo before Kavanaugh was even nominated (while he was on the short list) should eliminate any doubt that this is a politically motivated accusation. Can anybody explain in a sensible, coherent way how the timing of the letter to Eschoo letter is consistent with a political motive?
NYSforKennedy2024
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #105 on: September 27, 2018, 11:28:29 AM »

This point that she contacted Eschoo before Kavanaugh was even nominated (while he was on the short list) should eliminate any doubt that this is a politically motivated accusation. Can anybody explain in a sensible, coherent way how the timing of the letter to Eschoo letter is consistent with a political motive?

You're getting it all wrong. She's a psychic! She knew Trump would beat Clinton in 2016 and nominate him 10 years ago!
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #106 on: September 27, 2018, 11:29:53 AM »

WTF is with these questions from the Republicans interrogating whether and where she flies on airplanes and has a fear of flying? I am afraid they are trying to do something dirty with that. Seems very bizarre asking so many questions about that.

Trying to paint her as a liar

I personally have anxiety when flying. I have done so for business many times, needing to fly to our corporate office for meetings with corporate officials.
Sometimes I can board a plane without any problems, other times the anxiety is present.
So even though I do fly, I dont like doing it and to this day, I tell others that I prefer not to do it, and would avoid doing so if possible.
So if she is in a similar situation, I dont see the big deal here.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #107 on: September 27, 2018, 11:29:57 AM »

While it may serve a political purpose, this line of questioning about why the disclosure of the letter, and disclosure of Ford's willingness to speak about it, was delayed until the last minute, will not help the K cause. The most that will be established maybe is that the Dems lay in wait to pounce until the most opportune time, to run out the clock.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #108 on: September 27, 2018, 11:31:47 AM »

You're getting it all wrong. She's a psychic! She knew Trump would beat Clinton in 2016 and nominate him 10 years ago!

This. The fact that she discussed this with counselors decades ago should remove any concept but this was a political it job to anyone with half a brain cell. She was assaulted Beyond any reasonable doubt. The only pertinent question is whether her identification of Cavanaugh as her assailant is somehow doubtful.

Laughing out loud every time the questioning turns back to her how pathetically the Republican senators are hiding behind the skirts of someone whom they had to ensure was a, a prosecutor rather than a defense attorney for obvious reasons, and B, A Woman.
adrac
adracman42

Political Matrix
E: -9.99, S: -9.99

« Reply #109 on: September 27, 2018, 11:33:19 AM »

She's doing a fair job questioning Ford and establishing the facts, which of course makes this whole thing a disaster for Republicans.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #110 on: September 27, 2018, 11:34:08 AM »

She's doing a fair job questioning Ford and establishing the facts, which of course makes this whole thing a disaster for Republicans.

That is my take.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #111 on: September 27, 2018, 11:34:38 AM »

I can't lie that I feel satisfaction the Republican Senators beard is apparently flopping. But I don't think they'd want her to disappear overnight because then they have to go to the questioning themselves. Truly the frying pan to the fire scenario
💥💥 brandon bro (he/him/his)
peenie_weenie
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #112 on: September 27, 2018, 11:34:59 AM »

This is exactly why I bet Ramirez and Swetnick never make the floor.
new_patomic

« Reply #113 on: September 27, 2018, 11:35:03 AM »

I suppose that's the benefit of having a prosecutor.

They can throw her under the bus.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #114 on: September 27, 2018, 11:36:21 AM »

Mitchell has been absolutely fine and professional. No reason to complain about her. She's the only part of this worth listening to.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #115 on: September 27, 2018, 11:38:01 AM »

I suppose that's the benefit of having a prosecutor.

They can throw her under the bus.

“It’s all the fault of the professional, talented prosecutor!”
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #116 on: September 27, 2018, 11:38:16 AM »

Mitchell has been absolutely fine and professional. No reason to complain about her. She's the only part of this worth listening to.

Not dr. Ford's responses?
john cage bubblegum

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -6.96

« Reply #117 on: September 27, 2018, 11:40:56 AM »

Democrats are each getting time to lift up Dr. Ford as a credible, honest witness.  Republicans are just using their time to give to the prosecutor, who is being fair and going over various facts with Dr. Ford, who is mostly just continuing to establish her credibility.

This is indeed a disaster for Kavanaugh.
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #118 on: September 27, 2018, 11:43:01 AM »

Democrats are each getting time to lift up Dr. Ford as a credible, honest witness.  Republicans are just using their time to give to the prosecutor, who is being fair and going over various facts with Dr. Ford, who is mostly just continuing to establish her credibility.

Everything that could of gone bad did. The GOP literally didnt get a single thing right with this hearing
Koharu
jphp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.35

« Reply #119 on: September 27, 2018, 11:43:19 AM »

Precisely.

I do think the prosecutor is quite skilled, however, this isn't a prosecution and Dr. Ford is extremely credible. So she is doing her job well and making those who doubt Dr. Ford look ridiculous. I'm sure it's rather annoying to have been asked to come in and do this, but it's also not a role one would turn down.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #120 on: September 27, 2018, 11:43:51 AM »

Yes, this is political theater, not a trial.

Republicans usually get this, but not today.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #121 on: September 27, 2018, 11:44:46 AM »

Not dr. Ford's responses?

Their dialogue is what was implied by my statement.
Koharu
jphp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.35

« Reply #122 on: September 27, 2018, 11:45:38 AM »

Everything that could of gone bad did. The GOP literally didnt get a single thing right with this hearing

I would disagree. I think they realized that these accusations are credible and must be heard. That's doing the right thing. They didn't find someone to yell at her and tell her she's a liar. I think they realize this nominee is now dead in the water and at least those on the committee are not being disgusting about it. It sucks for them that this nominee is dead, but this is more than simple partisan politics. Losing your candidate is very different from doing the wrong (or right) thing.
Florida Man for Crime
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #123 on: September 27, 2018, 11:46:00 AM »

I think the best thing for Republicans politically at this point would be if Trump just pulls the Kavanaugh nomination right now during this lunch break, and then they abruptly cancel the rest of the hearing. They are just hemorrhaging right now.
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #124 on: September 27, 2018, 11:46:42 AM »

Oh, no!

Mitchell is trying to get to the facts!

This is terrible news for the Republicans.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 79  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies