FL-GOV 2018: Ron DeSantis vs. Andrew Gillum: Who wins?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 31, 2024, 07:39:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  FL-GOV 2018: Ron DeSantis vs. Andrew Gillum: Who wins?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 19
Poll
Question: Who wins this matchup?
Andrew Gillum (D-Fla.)

Ron DeSantis (R-Fla.)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 292

Author Topic: FL-GOV 2018: Ron DeSantis vs. Andrew Gillum: Who wins?  (Read 43909 times)
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #225 on: October 23, 2018, 01:34:27 PM »

Not sure if that link has the audio, but this one does:

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/andrew-gillum-racist-robocall_us_5bcf47a2e4b055bc9485320d
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #226 on: October 23, 2018, 02:37:00 PM »

But BRTD and Politician told me the GOP wasn't racist and that Republican voters are race blind nice guy FFs who "don't give much thought" to racial issues.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #227 on: October 23, 2018, 02:48:44 PM »

But BRTD and Politician told me the GOP wasn't racist and that Republican voters are race blind nice guy FFs who "don't give much thought" to racial issues.

I never said Republicans were nice or FF, LOL, and the comment you're taking out of context was not in regards to Florida.
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -0.87

P P P
« Reply #228 on: October 23, 2018, 03:30:50 PM »

Uh, when did I say this? I only said not all Republicans are racist, I certainly don't believe there are no racist Republicans.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #229 on: October 23, 2018, 05:07:00 PM »

Gillum, as stated before, Dems will finally win one in FL and Trump can't win without FL😀
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #230 on: October 23, 2018, 05:22:49 PM »

Gillum, as stated before, Dems will finally win one in FL and Trump can't win without FL😀
Scott won in 2010, yet Obama won in 2012.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #231 on: October 23, 2018, 06:08:08 PM »

Scott won in 2010, yet Obama won in 2012.

If things improve and Trump is seen as improving,  sure.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #232 on: October 23, 2018, 06:16:40 PM »

Trump hasnt made gains in black and Latino communities only in white and NV, CO, Va, and WI are the states Black and Latinos matter, and his approval rating is subpar and will remain, under the ethics cloud through 2020😁
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #233 on: October 23, 2018, 07:20:00 PM »

I bet whoever made that ad has economic anxiety. Smiley
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #234 on: October 24, 2018, 12:00:05 AM »

He claimed he paid for a trip to Costa Rica, but e-mails show his bill was crossed out. Gillum's response on Facebook was that it's a Republican ploy to reinforce stereotypes about "black men." I don't see how that's a counterargument. There goes three Florida Supreme Court seats and a chance at fairer redistricting of 30ish Congressional seats for the 2020s. I knew the Democrats should have nominated Graham.

https://www.politico.com/states/florida/story/2018/10/23/text-message-undercover-fbi-agent-got-gillum-hamilton-tickets-660231
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #235 on: October 24, 2018, 12:05:44 AM »

Nobody will care at the end of the day because this is a pretty bogus "scandal" if you really read about it. And Gillum is playing this exactly right. With all the racist ads out there black voters will only become more fired up to turn out if they believe he's being railroaded. He'll win easily.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #236 on: October 24, 2018, 12:07:37 AM »

Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #237 on: October 24, 2018, 12:09:28 AM »

Nobody will care at the end of the day because this is a pretty bogus "scandal" if you really read about it. And Gillum is playing this exactly right. With all the racist ads out there black voters will only become more fired up to turn out if they believe he's being railroaded. He'll win easily.

Black voters are a minority. It's all over CNN and Politico. He got tickets to a Hamilton show as well, and other almost certainly other stuff. His career is over. He should resign from the ticket now so there can be a write-in campaign for Gwen Graham.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #238 on: October 24, 2018, 12:13:28 AM »

It's all over CNN and Politico. He got tickets to a Hamilton show as well, and other almost certainly other stuff. His career is over. He should resign from the ticket now so there can be a write-in campaign for Gwen Graham.

Now you are just obviously trolling. "other almost certainly other stuff" doesn't even makes sense, so obviously you are trying so hard to troll you are becoming incoherent.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #239 on: October 24, 2018, 12:15:49 AM »

It's all over CNN and Politico. He got tickets to a Hamilton show as well, and other almost certainly other stuff. His career is over. He should resign from the ticket now so there can be a write-in campaign for Gwen Graham.

Now you are just obviously trolling. "other almost certainly other stuff" doesn't even makes sense, so obviously you are trying so hard to troll you are becoming incoherent.

How? Do you think these two facts are it? There are probably file cabinets worth of stuff whoever is releasing this info is going to dump to ratf*** Gillum. The really sick thing is that he knew all this and ran for governor anyway, knowing this could come out.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #240 on: October 24, 2018, 12:20:57 AM »

How? Do you think these two facts are it? There are probably file cabinets worth of stuff whoever is releasing this info is going to dump to ratf*** Gillum. The really sick thing is that he knew all this and ran for governor anyway, knowing this could come out.

Stop trolling.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #241 on: October 24, 2018, 12:21:46 AM »

Stop trolling.

"trolling" = facts I don't like (such as Governor DeSantis). -- Atlas Forum.
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #242 on: October 24, 2018, 12:22:41 AM »

Zzz.....

Zzz.....

How long as Trump been under investigation, now?

At this point, pretty much the entire public has become desensitized
ON Progressive
OntarioProgressive
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -8.70

« Reply #243 on: October 24, 2018, 12:22:57 AM »

Black voters are a minority. It's all over CNN and Politico. He got tickets to a Hamilton show as well, and other almost certainly other stuff. His career is over. He should resign from the ticket now so there can be a write-in campaign for Gwen Graham.

Just because it's on CNN and Politico, doesn't mean anybody actually cares about it. Remember when the MSM went absolutely nuts over that truck ad that was surely going to cause Governor Gillespie?

Indeed, nobody cares what Politico thinks at all because all it does is concern troll about how Democrats are going the way of the Whigs.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #244 on: October 24, 2018, 12:25:41 AM »

Stop trolling.

"trolling" = facts I don't like (such as Governor DeSantis). -- Atlas Forum.

What facts? You are speculating that there is a file cabinet full of evidence based off of your opinion? DeSantis is too far behind to win at this point and this actually makes things worse for him. Attacking a black candidate like this is only going to drive black turnout up even further and also in wave years very little flips races other than actual indictments or arrests.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #245 on: October 24, 2018, 12:31:48 AM »

You know what? F this. I'm done posting about the 2018 elections. This election is a nightmare. Every day, whether it's Siena polls, Senate polls, the TargetSmart data, the Nevada data, there's more evidence of the R wave. Every D candidate that gets a little mojo has a scandal come out of nowhere. And when I try to post about it, all I get is people calling me a troll. I don't need this in my life. I'm sticking to the General boards from now on.
Scottholes 2.0
Wisconsinite
United States

« Reply #246 on: October 24, 2018, 12:31:56 AM »
« Edited: October 24, 2018, 12:35:04 AM by BlueFlapjack »

I really despise the phrase "playing the race card," which is shocking language coming from someone with a D next to their name. It's hard not for Gillum and other black politicians to "play the race card" with the prevelance of dog-whistling (and sometimes blatant racism) in politics. You just can't trust their motives anymore.

And why is "black men" in quotations?
henster
Junior Chimp

« Reply #247 on: October 24, 2018, 12:44:31 AM »

The current Governor ran a company that was charged with committing the largest Medicare fraud in history and is on video pledging the fifth hundreds of times. And considering Trump mountain of scandals it's comical anyone could be pretend to be outraged over this stuff.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #248 on: October 24, 2018, 12:50:26 AM »
« Edited: October 24, 2018, 12:54:56 PM by Virginiá »

You know what? F this. I'm done posting about the 2018 elections. This election is a nightmare. Every day, whether it's Siena polls, Senate polls, the TargetSmart data, the Nevada data, there's more evidence of the R wave. Every D candidate that gets a little mojo has a scandal come out of nowhere. And when I try to post about it, all I get is people calling me a troll. I don't need this in my life. I'm sticking to the General boards from now on.
https://twitter.com/dril/status/980176380460756992
https://twitter.com/dril/status/980177684998311937
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #249 on: October 24, 2018, 12:52:05 AM »

Lol nobody cares if Gillum wanted to go see Hamilton. This reeks to high heaven of desperation, and I don't want to see a single Florida Republican complaining about corruption when their senate candidate did exactly what henster just mentioned.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 19  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies