FL-GOV 2018: Ron DeSantis vs. Andrew Gillum: Who wins?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 02:51:40 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  FL-GOV 2018: Ron DeSantis vs. Andrew Gillum: Who wins?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 19
Poll
Question: Who wins this matchup?
Andrew Gillum (D-Fla.)

Ron DeSantis (R-Fla.)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 292

Author Topic: FL-GOV 2018: Ron DeSantis vs. Andrew Gillum: Who wins?  (Read 43972 times)
Republican Left
Left Wing Republican
Rookie

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: October 14, 2018, 08:26:31 AM »

Could the race be decided by a thread like 51%/49% or even closer?

Floridians of Atlas, which candidate do you think will be better for the state budget? I understand that DeSantis is an arch-conservative, does this mean he will help keep the budget under control for the next 4 (maybe even 8 years), keeping it stable and maybe even cutting taxes to improve competitiveness and attract business to Florida, or could he end up causing a repeat of what occurred in Kansas? Meanwhile, for Gillum, could you see him reinvesting in public services that you could see have been underfunded or outright neglected such as perhaps education spending, or have try to make the tax system more fair through a more progressive system (perhaps even providing tax cuts to help the poor and working classes), could he end up causing a budget crisis by overspending? Which candidate do you believe is better for Florida's balance books?
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #126 on: October 14, 2018, 08:26:32 AM »

85% of Tallahassee has power.

https://www.tallahassee.com/story/news/2018/10/14/more-than-85-percent-tallahassee-has-power/1639578002/

Looks like Gillum learned from the last time a hurricane hit Tallahassee.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #127 on: October 14, 2018, 08:28:20 AM »

This hurricane is going to drown Gillum if he handles it as poorly as the last one.
Says the guy who follows the idiot who dismissed the death of thousands of Americans in Puerto Rico as fake news. Roll Eyes
What do I know? I’ve only lived through Gillum’s Tallahassee:Smiley
I find the spokespeople on DeSantis's "Gillum Failed Us" hurricane ads to be scripted and unconvincing, but it's a narrative that has gained SOME traction, and it won't be good if Tallahassee is nailed right at election time with Hurricane Michael.

Gillum is in a no-win situation.  If he stays home, he'll get flak and if he campaigns, he'll get more flak.  DeSantis has actually lucked out with the weather situation here, believe it or not.

And in addition, during his time as Mayor of Tallahassee, Gillum presided over the highest crime in Florida.

Even NBC fact checked it as Mostly True.

http://www.nbc-2.com/story/39251047/ron-desantis-says-tallahassee-mayor-andrew-gillum-presided-over-the-highest-crime-in-florida

That article mentions that the crime rate dropped between 2016 and 2017.

#FakeNews
Me getting robbed at gunpoint on Richmond Street wasn’t fake news. I know that.
I would empathize with you if this was the first time you tried to use the victim card.
I’m not trying to play the victim. I’m not a victim. I had literally nothing on me but a cigarette and a lighter when I got mugged....mainly because I knew Tallahassee is a crime ridden city. I’d like to see you go into Frenchtown. You’d walk out of there with a MAGA hat if you spent an afternoon touring that neighborhood.

My power was restored this morning apparently but I’m in Vero. Killearn lakes - a fairly middle class/upper middle class neighborhood is still in the dark apparently.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #128 on: October 14, 2018, 09:13:03 AM »

This hurricane is going to drown Gillum if he handles it as poorly as the last one.
Says the guy who follows the idiot who dismissed the death of thousands of Americans in Puerto Rico as fake news. Roll Eyes
I find the spokespeople on DeSantis's "Gillum Failed Us" hurricane ads to be scripted and unconvincing, but it's a narrative that has gained SOME traction, and it won't be good if Tallahassee is nailed right at election time with Hurricane Michael.

Gillum is in a no-win situation.  If he stays home, he'll get flak and if he campaigns, he'll get more flak.  DeSantis has actually lucked out with the weather situation here, believe it or not.

And in addition, during his time as Mayor of Tallahassee, Gillum presided over the highest crime in Florida.

http://www.nbc-2.com/story/39251047/ron-desantis-says-tallahassee-mayor-andrew-gillum-presided-over-the-highest-crime-in-florida

#FakeNews
I would empathize with you if this was the first time you tried to use the victim card.
I’m not trying to play the victim. I’m not a victim. I had literally nothing on me but a cigarette and a lighter when I got mugged....mainly because I knew Tallahassee is a crime ridden city. I’d like to see you go into Frenchtown. You’d walk out of there with a MAGA hat if you spent an afternoon touring that neighborhood.

My power was restored this morning apparently but I’m in Vero. Killearn lakes - a fairly middle class/upper middle class neighborhood is still in the dark apparently.

I've been to Tallahassee. Have you ever been to Laramie?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #129 on: October 14, 2018, 09:43:42 AM »

#FakeNews

No, but you don’t see me pontificating what life in Laramie is like?
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #130 on: October 14, 2018, 09:50:10 AM »

#FakeNews

No, but you don’t see me pontificating what life in Laramie is like?

I definitely see you talking about how bad it is to be an Alt-right stoner in Tallahassee the last two years.
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #131 on: October 14, 2018, 10:06:44 AM »

I just saw a very aggressive ad by DeSantis about Gillum running from the FBI. Seems like a real low blow, especially since Gillum is up in Tallahassee focusing on the hurricane damage.
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #132 on: October 14, 2018, 10:08:46 AM »

I just saw a very aggressive ad by DeSantis about Gillum running from the FBI. Seems like a real low blow, especially since Gillum is up in Tallahassee focusing on the hurricane damage.

DeSantis went low. Time for Gillum to kick him!
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #133 on: October 14, 2018, 06:41:42 PM »

Metaphorically, yes it is time for him to do that. Because that's what Holder meant. Abandon this talking point and save yourself the embarrassment please.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #134 on: October 14, 2018, 06:42:54 PM »

Roll Eyes
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #135 on: October 15, 2018, 01:30:52 PM »

Exactly 1 week till early voting begins in my county. Cant wait to send the Rick Scott criminal cabal packing.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #136 on: October 15, 2018, 01:41:51 PM »

What Gillum actually did was create an ad with local sheriffs and tout how he worked with the FBI and on local Government justice issues. He really didn't need to kick him. He just needed to counter fake news with real news.
Dereich
Moderators
YaBB God

« Reply #137 on: October 15, 2018, 02:20:45 PM »

#FakeNews

What were you doing walking around in Frenchtown anyway?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #138 on: October 15, 2018, 05:37:01 PM »

#FakeNews

I was actually on the corner of Richmond and Brevard, right down the street from Frenchtown but not necessarily in Frenchtown by the Burger King and the liquor store. I used to live there in GrandMarc. I was smoking a cigarette at 3:00 AM outside when I got accosted by a younger black guy wearing a camo jacket. He asked me if I wanted to buy drugs and claimed to have everything. I jokingly asked if he had some acid, as I was going through a big psychedelic phase at that point, and he said yes. This was sorta suspect to me as I have literally never known a black person who was into that stuff (my black roommate at that time used to joke that LSD was a “white people thing”) and wanted me to come to his place in Frenchtown. I declined and moved to go inside, but he reached his arm out and blocked me while unholstering a gun with his other hand.

I told him that he was gonna be disappointed because I had nothing on me at all. And he was in the end Tongue
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #139 on: October 16, 2018, 06:44:53 AM »

Gillum is in a no-win situation.  If he stays home, he'll get flak and if he campaigns, he'll get more flak.  DeSantis has actually lucked out with the weather situation here, believe it or not.

#FakeNews

I was actually on the corner of Richmond and Brevard, right down the street from Frenchtown but not necessarily in Frenchtown by the Burger King and the liquor store. I used to live there in GrandMarc. I was smoking a cigarette at 3:00 AM outside when I got accosted by a younger black guy wearing a camo jacket. He asked me if I wanted to buy drugs and claimed to have everything. I jokingly asked if he had some acid, as I was going through a big psychedelic phase at that point, and he said yes. This was sorta suspect to me as I have literally never known a black person who was into that stuff (my black roommate at that time used to joke that LSD was a “white people thing”) and wanted me to come to his place in Frenchtown. I declined and moved to go inside, but he reached his arm out and blocked me while unholstering a gun with his other hand.

I told him that he was gonna be disappointed because I had nothing on me at all. And he was in the end Tongue

Glad you are alright!
💥💥 brandon bro (he/him/his)
peenie_weenie
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #140 on: October 16, 2018, 09:20:17 AM »

I had literally nothing on me but a cigarette and a lighter when I got mugged....mainly because I knew Tallahassee is a crime ridden city. I’d like to see you go into Frenchtown. You’d walk out of there with a MAGA hat if you spent an afternoon touring that neighborhood.

lmao

"Spend an afternoon with those people and you'd turn into a Trump supporter"

Why is it that one would turn into a Trump supporter if they developed some racial animus?  🤔
ajc0918
United States

« Reply #141 on: October 16, 2018, 09:22:36 AM »

I had literally nothing on me but a cigarette and a lighter when I got mugged....mainly because I knew Tallahassee is a crime ridden city. I’d like to see you go into Frenchtown. You’d walk out of there with a MAGA hat if you spent an afternoon touring that neighborhood.

lmao

Why is it that one would turn into a Trump supporter if they developed some racial animus?  🤔

Sanchez really revealed himself there huh?
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #142 on: October 16, 2018, 09:32:42 AM »

lmao

Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #143 on: October 16, 2018, 03:06:59 PM »

lmao

"Revealed"?? Sanchez has been an open book for years to anyone who pays attention.
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #144 on: October 16, 2018, 09:49:38 PM »

Sanchez should only interact with honest white drug dealers going forward.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #145 on: October 19, 2018, 10:25:21 AM »

GOP up 45,000 in early votes.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #146 on: October 19, 2018, 10:32:05 AM »

That is expected. Republicans generally do better in the Mail-In Balloting.
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #147 on: October 19, 2018, 10:32:30 AM »

Which is about 50% smaller than 2014 and has decreased almost every day since the VBM has started.
Confused Democrat
reidmill
United States

« Reply #148 on: October 21, 2018, 03:41:38 PM »

REMINDER: There's a debate tonight!
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #149 on: October 21, 2018, 05:50:31 PM »

Which is about 50% smaller than 2014 and has decreased almost every day since the VBM has started.
That's weird because it's up to 50,000 now.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 19  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies