Georgia's Very Own Megathread! (v2)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 03:11:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Georgia's Very Own Megathread! (v2)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 70 ... 79
Author Topic: Georgia's Very Own Megathread! (v2)  (Read 143026 times)
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1600 on: December 04, 2018, 09:36:30 PM »

It’s really the suburbs/exurbs where Barrow is underperforming badly. Cobb and Gwinnett in particular, but also Henry, Newton, Douglas, Forsyth, etc.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1601 on: December 04, 2018, 09:39:54 PM »

Ouch, Raffensperger wins the Cobb early vote.

I can't prove this of course, but I think Abrams sore loser shenanigans turned off a lot of voters and hurt Barrow.

I agree fully. Abrams should have conceded gracefully and pivoted her attention to helping Barrow with the runoff. Instead, her arrogance has helped to cost Democrats this race.

Can you stop being so moderate? It literally hurts.

I would call that hackish.

Cathrina isn't a hack. Whoever says that is the worst Atlas poster ever and is put on her ignore list.
*his

Landslide Lyndon continuing to lob out insults. And for the 1,000th time, I am not a woman!

That's a lot of transitions!

Is this meant to be some kind of mockery?

Landslide Lyndon continuing to lob out insults. And for the 1,000th time, I am not a woman!
You've literally said to me verbatim that you were a woman of color....... I can't.

I don't know how you got that. I have never told you such thing, and I even corrected you at one point. But I shouldn't expect anything more from a die-hard partisan such as yourself.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #1602 on: December 04, 2018, 09:44:54 PM »

My non-Atlas prediction was 54-46 (I rounded on here to keep things simple), and it's increasingly looking like that's where it'll end up. Barrow is doing better in most heavily-white areas and non-ATL metro areas, but bombing most everywhere else.
DataGuy
Rookie

« Reply #1603 on: December 04, 2018, 09:44:55 PM »

As expected, it's narrowing quickly now that Fulton's votes are coming in. Within single digits now.
Attorney General & PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P
« Reply #1604 on: December 04, 2018, 09:45:41 PM »

Barrow now at 45.4%, still a quarter of the vote outstanding. He's not going to win, but so much for Griff's prediction that Raff was going to win by 12 and IceSpear's doom and gloom. This is a decent performance, way better than the last run of this in 2008.
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.25, S: -6.50

« Reply #1605 on: December 04, 2018, 09:46:18 PM »

Hmm, may be closer than 9 points, it looks like. A lot of Fulton outstanding, and its 54-46(rounding). I think my prediction of 5 points might be on the money.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1606 on: December 04, 2018, 09:46:35 PM »

It’s really the suburbs/exurbs where Barrow is underperforming badly. Cobb and Gwinnett in particular, but also Henry, Newton, Douglas, Forsyth, etc.
The low propensity people of color that Abrams excited stayed home. Under-served communities are not going to turn out for "some dude" because he says he's better than the other guy. We've heard/seen it all before. People will call them morons and idiots who have no right to complain but that's their experience. But they won't get endless articles and diner interviews written about why they stayed home.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1607 on: December 04, 2018, 09:47:10 PM »

My non-Atlas prediction was 54-46 (I rounded on here to keep things simple), and it's increasingly looking like that's where it'll end up. Barrow is doing better in most heavily-white areas and non-ATL metro areas, but bombing most everywhere else.

He actually might be doing better in Atlanta (he's doing better than Abrams so far in Fulton)? And he's doing better than Abrams in the black belt. DeKalb isn't gong too bad either.

Literally the only place he's doing worse is around Atlanta. For some reason, Cobb, Henry, etc. decided to hate Barrow.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #1608 on: December 04, 2018, 09:47:50 PM »

Barrow now at 45.4%, still a quarter of the vote outstanding. He's not going to win, but so much for Griff's prediction that Raff was going to win by 12 and IceSpear's doom and gloom. This is a decent performance, way better than the last run of this in 2008.

I didn't say the GOP was going to win by 12: I said that the underperformance was 12 points in 2008 and that tonight's results could be close to that. I was on record in the prediction thread with a 55-45 (plus or minus a point) and my internal party projections were 54-46, for what it's worth.
Podgy the Bear
mollybecky

« Reply #1609 on: December 04, 2018, 09:48:39 PM »

Barrow has done better in some areas (around Augusta for the most part).  Disappointingly, he didn't do all that well in the suburban and exurban counties around Atlanta tonight, but he has brought the overall state margin to 54-46 (and with plenty of Fulton and some of DeKalb left to report).

And rural north Georgia is effectively Florida's Collier/Lee County, The Villages and the Panhandle.   It's growing with retirees moving to Georgia.  This is the area that will continue to deliver large majorities to the Republicans.  For the Democrats to be very competitive in 2020, they will need to counter in the cities and repeat their earlier suburban Atlanta performances last month.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #1610 on: December 04, 2018, 09:48:52 PM »

At any rate, the theme of tonight seems to be:

• Barrow is doing better than Abrams in virtually every urban area
  • Barrow is bombing compared to Abrams in suburban areas
  • Barrow is doing better/worse than Abrams in rural areas depending on how many minorities live there (the more minorities, the worse he's doing)

TL;DR: white suburbanites and rural blacks are the reason Dems are losing
Pollster
YaBB God

« Reply #1611 on: December 04, 2018, 09:48:56 PM »

Looks like Barrow is going to end with a very respectable showing. More evidence that this state deserves genuine attention, organization, and investment going forward.
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1612 on: December 04, 2018, 09:50:05 PM »

Looks like the runoff dropoff might just be 3-6 points this time, very good going forward.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #1613 on: December 04, 2018, 09:50:13 PM »

• Barrow is doing better/worse than Abrams in rural areas depending on how many minorities live there (the more minorities, the worse he's doing)

Again, he's doing better than Abrams in most of the black belt.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #1614 on: December 04, 2018, 09:52:01 PM »

Sure, in areas with large concentrations of minorities (and the Black Belt deserves an exception) - but in areas that are substantially white majority (with some exceptions), he's generally doing better relative to Abrams in areas where the white share of the population is higher (say, 85%) than in areas where it's lower (65%).
ON Progressive
OntarioProgressive
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -8.70

« Reply #1615 on: December 04, 2018, 09:52:40 PM »

Those Cobb and Gwinnett numbers are terrible.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #1616 on: December 04, 2018, 09:56:10 PM »

Sure, in areas with large concentrations of minorities (and the Black Belt deserves an exception) - but in areas that are substantially white majority (with some exceptions), he's generally doing better relative to Abrams in areas where the white share of the population is higher (say, 85%) than in areas where it's lower (65%).

Ok but he's also doing better in the black belt than Abrams, so it's dumb to say Barrow is losing because of rural black people.

The blame seems to be among white subarbanites (and maybe black subarbanites) around Atlanta.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #1617 on: December 04, 2018, 09:58:35 PM »

Ok but he's also doing better in the black belt than Abrams, so it's dumb to say Barrow is losing because of rural black people.

The blame seems to be among white subarbanites (and maybe black subarbanites) around Atlanta.

Hardly anybody lives in the (rural) Black Belt, though: just because there are concentrations percentage-wise of black voters there (and of course I'm not including urban areas like Muscogee, Bibb and Richmond in that) doesn't mean that's where most black rural people live. There are far more black rural voters in the periphery and outside of the (rural) Black Belt than inside of it.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1618 on: December 04, 2018, 10:01:12 PM »

Barrow ended up winning Henry County... guess the remaining votes there were in the Dem strongholds. He only won it by 7 in comparison to Abrams' 15.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #1619 on: December 04, 2018, 10:04:55 PM »

It's possible this tightens up to as little as a 4-point loss: only 9 counties left to report results but they're all big urban areas.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #1620 on: December 04, 2018, 10:05:02 PM »

I didn't say the GOP was going to win by 12: I said that the underperformance was 12 points in 2008 and that tonight's results could be close to that. I was on record in the prediction thread with a 55-45 (plus or minus a point) and my internal party projections were 54-46, for what it's worth.

Wulfric's reading comprehension is about as good as his projections.

By the way, R+6-8 would still be an absolutely godawful result considering the general election result was R+0.4.
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1621 on: December 04, 2018, 10:05:53 PM »

I’m sticking with my 54-46 prediction.
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1622 on: December 04, 2018, 10:06:21 PM »

I’m sticking with my 54-46 prediction.

Looking unlikely, since all the vote left is from Atlanta
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1623 on: December 04, 2018, 10:07:21 PM »

What’s going on with the public service commission race?
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1624 on: December 04, 2018, 10:08:58 PM »

What’s going on with the public service commission race?

The Democrat currently has 45.61% as opposed to Barrow's 45.53%. Polarization and stuff. Tongue
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 70 ... 79  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies