~Half of Republicans
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 10:03:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  ~Half of Republicans
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Author Topic: ~Half of Republicans  (Read 13377 times)
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: July 15, 2018, 01:28:46 PM »

If you are going to quote me, then quote my entire comment.
By you deleting the image, you have altered my entire message and are now using my username in an opposite theme.
Stick to the rules of the forum.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #76 on: July 15, 2018, 01:30:48 PM »

By you deleting the image, you have altered my entire message and are now using my username in an opposite theme.

You've done the same in quoting me.

To be fair, I suppose that this is a bit over the top.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #77 on: July 15, 2018, 01:39:07 PM »

You've done the same in quoting me.
To be fair, I suppose that this is a bit over the top.

I have not changed your words or image to define a completely opposite message.
That is what this individual is doing. A complete 180.
Not only with you, but with many others I occasionally post part of the message, so as to emphasize what I am directly responding to (especially with you, Fuzzy, since your long responses contain MASSIVE amounts of different themes or messages within them). And I usually use the "..." indicators before and/or after the quoted section, to indicate there was more wording before and/or after the quote.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #78 on: July 15, 2018, 03:13:27 PM »

There is nothing wrong with trimming a quote to only show the parts you want to respond to - I do that a lot so my posts are easier to read and also so they do not take up valuable real estate on a thread page, but altering a quote to fundamentally change the meaning of a person's post is not appropriate, imo. Although sometimes it is harmless if the user makes it clear its a joke, and so long as the original poster doesn't care.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #79 on: July 15, 2018, 03:16:36 PM »

There is nothing wrong with trimming a quote to fundamentally change the meaning of a person's post
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #80 on: July 15, 2018, 03:22:27 PM »

There is nothing wrong with trimming a quote to only show the parts you want to respond to - I do that a lot so my posts are easier to read and also so they do not take up valuable real estate on a thread page, but altering a quote to fundamentally change the meaning of a person's post is not appropriate, imo. Although sometimes it is harmless if the user makes it clear its a joke, and so long as the original poster doesn't care.

Thank you.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #81 on: July 15, 2018, 03:29:15 PM »

I also agree with this, and truncating a quote to make it misleading, particularly if intended to embarrass (unfairly) a poster is not acceptable and will be infracted as either a personal attack or inappropriate. And of course such conduct leads to the discussion we have here about the matter, which gets everything off topic, and can lead to animus and flame wars. However the "perp's" posts appear to have been deleted, so I am going to let it go this time.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #82 on: July 15, 2018, 03:54:34 PM »

I also agree with this, and truncating a quote to make it misleading, particularly if intended to embarrass (unfairly) a poster is not acceptable and will be infracted as either a personal attack or inappropriate. And of course such conduct leads to the discussion we have here about the matter, which gets everything off topic, and can lead to animus and flame wars. However the "perp's" posts appear to have been deleted, so I am going to let it go this time.

Thank you Torie.
Clearly the user did it intentionally, because after I indicated that it was not appropriate, he then repeated it again in a second post, to be vindictive.
But Virginia cleared the posts that were in violation, so all is fine now.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #83 on: July 15, 2018, 03:57:12 PM »

Thank you Torie.
Clearly the user did it intentionally, because after I indicated that it was not appropriate, he then repeated it again in a second post, to be vindictive.
But Virginia cleared the posts that were in violation, so all is fine now.

Thereby saving the poster from infraction points. Tongue
darklordoftech
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #84 on: July 16, 2018, 12:01:37 AM »

I wonder how Trump's supporters feel about NATO.
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #85 on: July 16, 2018, 10:07:05 AM »

According to this 2016 Pew Poll, 64% of Trump supporters support NATO.

SOURCE: http://www.people-press.org/2016/05/05/6-nato-u-s-allies-the-eu-and-un/
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #86 on: July 16, 2018, 06:07:12 PM »

Methinks that number will drop precipitously in coming weeks.

Remember, nothing so sacred and important to America, internationally or at home, is nearly as vital to Trumpists as their inviolate cult of personality to Dear Leader.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #87 on: July 16, 2018, 07:22:42 PM »

Remember, nothing so sacred and important to America, internationally or at home, is nearly as vital to Trumpists as their inviolate cult of personality to Dear Leader.
Anti-Bothsidesism
Somenamelessfool
United States

« Reply #88 on: July 16, 2018, 09:05:58 PM »

ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #89 on: July 16, 2018, 09:20:21 PM »

FalloutBoy97
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -5.92

« Reply #90 on: July 17, 2018, 02:46:48 AM »

What percentage of Democrats advocate the idea of having open borders by simply ordering our Border Patrol to stand down?  What percentage of Democrats oppose spending more money to oppose the upgrading of detention facilities to bring pressure to "Let 'em all in!"?  (Probably 2/3 at least if you go by Atlas.)

Boy, you're about to look stupid.

66% of Clinton voters want secure borders over open borders

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Dumbassery aside, 47% of Republicans now support same-sex marriage and 64% of the country total. In 5 years, a majority of Republicans will probably support SSM. So not sure what your point is.

SSM is a fait accompli.  The idea that persons are "born gay" is not scientifically proven.  That's a fact.  Someone may accomplish that feat someday, but that day isn't today, and it wasn't any yesterday I can think of.

As for the open borders question:  Lots of people say one thing, but their actions show their intent.  These "Clinton Voters" SAY they want border security, but what is their record on supporting the border fence (not Trump's "wall", but the fence that's already been approved by Congress)?  What is their plan to disincentivize illegal entry?

I believe the "Clinton Voters" want border security as much as I believe "Trump Voters" want balanced budgets. 

It’s pretty close. And as the one advocating for the suppression of the right of LGBT people, the burden of proof falls on YOU to prove that it is indeed a choice. I think that the rampant homophobia present in many corners of the country would discourage anyone from “choosing” to be gay if they weren’t inclined to be.
mvd10
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.58, S: -2.61

« Reply #91 on: July 17, 2018, 05:58:54 AM »

#NotMyCountryClub
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #92 on: July 17, 2018, 06:12:46 PM »

I wonder if the Country Club Republicans in Jefferson County, AL were disturbed by my sig.
mvd10
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #93 on: July 17, 2018, 06:49:27 PM »

I wonder if the Country Club Republicans in Jefferson County, AL were disturbed by my sig.

The ones in Shelby County definitely aren't Smiley.

I actually do wonder how Mountain Brook voted though. I remember reading an article about Mountain Brook in which a female 30-something lawyer and her friend at a cocktail bar in Mountain Brook said they still weren't sure whether they'd vote for Roy Moore or Doug Jones. That's rather telling lol.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #94 on: July 17, 2018, 07:01:15 PM »

I actually do wonder how Mountain Brook voted though. I remember reading an article about Mountain Brook in which a female 30-something lawyer and her friend at a cocktail bar in Mountain Brook said they still weren't sure whether they'd vote for Roy Moore or Doug Jones. That's rather telling lol.

A lot in Shelby County were apparently, as it had one of the heaviest swings of any county from the 2016 presidential race.

As for Mountain Brook, Jones won it in a landslide.

Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #95 on: July 18, 2018, 01:53:13 AM »

So what?

66% of Democrats believed Antifa did nothing wrong in Charlottesville.
80% of Democrats support BLM, a movement associated with cop killers
39% of Democrats want to get rid of the Second Amendment.

Polls say they supported the shutdown earlier this year and only about a third fully support Israel.
mvd10
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #96 on: July 18, 2018, 06:30:46 AM »

A lot in Shelby County were apparently, as it had one of the heaviest swings of any county from the 2016 presidential race.

As for Mountain Brook, Jones won it in a landslide.

Ah, so maybe Moore was a bridge too far Tongue. Quite a big swing since it did go for Trump by 40 (and it probably went for Romney by 70). Even though most people there are partisan Republicans it does make sense, the only reason to vote for Moore if you're not a deplorable is to get an extra Republican in the senate and Moore would likely harm the party so much that 1 extra seat isn't worth it. Most voters in Mountain Brook probably aren't low information voters who listen to Alex Jones anyway, so they're not really susceptible to conspiracy theories lol.
longtimelurker

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 2.43

« Reply #97 on: July 18, 2018, 09:37:58 AM »

So what?

66% of Democrats believed Antifa did nothing wrong in Charlottesville.
80% of Democrats support BLM, a movement associated with cop killers
39% of Democrats want to get rid of the Second Amendment.

Polls say they supported the shutdown earlier this year and only about a third fully support Israel.

Source?
longtimelurker

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 2.43

« Reply #98 on: July 18, 2018, 09:39:12 AM »

Here's a recent poll about what Americans consider the greatest threat to the USA.  Republicans are still hung up on ISIS.  Not that they aren't a threat (of course they are), but the greatest one?

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2018/07/18/nbc-news-poll-americans-turn-more-anti-russia-under-trump/23484565/
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #99 on: July 20, 2018, 07:36:32 PM »

And yet Hillary felt the need to apologize for calling these people exactly what they are?  Roll Eyes
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies