New Charlottesville 'white civil rights rally' in DC (Unite the Right 2)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 11:16:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  New Charlottesville 'white civil rights rally' in DC (Unite the Right 2)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11
Author Topic: New Charlottesville 'white civil rights rally' in DC (Unite the Right 2)  (Read 15279 times)
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: August 06, 2018, 10:16:58 PM »

It wouldn't surprise me if some government elements were involved in organizing these rallies (they are almost certainly infiltrated in the groups), with one of the aims being to discredit Trump.
Thomas Wictor, the oracle of Trump Twitter, raised that theory today.
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #101 on: August 07, 2018, 08:45:12 AM »

These rallies will continue because for all the "bash the fash" talk all Antifa really does at most is break a little glass. If a few Nazis had died at the hands of a genuinely violent Antifa last year this wouldn't be happening.

I mean, to be fair, Richard Spencer ended his college tour because "it wasn't fun anymore" to speak to tiny audiences with hundreds if not thousands of Antifa protesters outside.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #102 on: August 07, 2018, 08:53:57 AM »

Will Donald Trump be honorably speaker?
Cassandra
Situationist

« Reply #103 on: August 07, 2018, 09:58:34 AM »

I would like to take this opportunity to call out the evil individual who punched Richard B. Spencer (who is a well respected man and despite his viewpoints, is a man above reproach). Physical violence is WRONG. NO MATTER WHO DOES IT. The evil individual, who people tell me is a member of the venomous ANTIFA, who despite what they say are no better than Spencer although Spencer is better than them.

Spencer was peacefully, in full view of everyone, attempting to explain the importance of a garden variety frog lapel to a reporter when a violent, sadistic person punched him square in the face. Just because Richard Spencer called for (PEACEFUL) ethnic cleansing IS NO EXCUSE FOR VIOLENCE. Punching """""Nazi's""""" (who are actually identitarians and have no relationship with the NSDAP, which has been dissolved since 1945 and has no purpose being a part of the discourse relating to identity and nationalism) will only BEGET more violence. The counterprotestors at Charlottesville were in the wrong for that very reason.

WHEN WILL THE RADICAL LEFT LEARN THIS? DO THEY NOT REMEMBER THE DAYS OF THE SOVIET UNION? OF COURSE THEY DON'T. I fully expect to have this post 'deleted' because some people here are hell bent on creating violence, in which case, don't say I didn't warn you when Richard Spencer is forced to build internment camps to house you folks.

VIOLENCE IS BAD. ON MANY SIDES. TIME TO CALL IT OUT!

Gotta protec our freezepeach, doncha know?
Mopsus
MOPolitico
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.71, S: -1.65

« Reply #104 on: August 07, 2018, 11:20:00 AM »

Here's to hoping both the Nazis and the people out there counter protesting can get their act together and not escalate things.  

The counterprotestors are there specifically to escalate things.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #105 on: August 07, 2018, 11:48:08 AM »

I would like to take this opportunity to call out the evil individual who punched Richard B. Spencer (who is a well respected man and despite his viewpoints, is a man above reproach). Physical violence is WRONG. NO MATTER WHO DOES IT. The evil individual, who people tell me is a member of the venomous ANTIFA, who despite what they say are no better than Spencer although Spencer is better than them.

Spencer was peacefully, in full view of everyone, attempting to explain the importance of a garden variety frog lapel to a reporter when a violent, sadistic person punched him square in the face. Just because Richard Spencer called for (PEACEFUL) ethnic cleansing IS NO EXCUSE FOR VIOLENCE. Punching """""Nazi's""""" (who are actually identitarians and have no relationship with the NSDAP, which has been dissolved since 1945 and has no purpose being a part of the discourse relating to identity and nationalism) will only BEGET more violence. The counterprotestors at Charlottesville were in the wrong for that very reason.

WHEN WILL THE RADICAL LEFT LEARN THIS? DO THEY NOT REMEMBER THE DAYS OF THE SOVIET UNION? OF COURSE THEY DON'T. I fully expect to have this post 'deleted' because some people here are hell bent on creating violence, in which case, don't say I didn't warn you when Richard Spencer is forced to build internment camps to house you folks.

VIOLENCE IS BAD. ON MANY SIDES. TIME TO CALL IT OUT!

Gotta protec our freezepeach, doncha know?
Yes. What do YOU have against freedom of speech? At least the so-called '''''Nazi's"""" (who may or may not have a favorable view of fascism that highly depends on how they see society and some support illiberal democracies where identity is crucial to the existence of the state) are being PEACEFUL in expressing their viewpoints.

So much for the tolerant left!
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #106 on: August 07, 2018, 07:29:29 PM »

He might as well hold a rally there too.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #107 on: August 09, 2018, 03:27:55 PM »

Agree.
The same "style" of supporters would be present, anyways.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #108 on: August 09, 2018, 03:29:36 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #109 on: August 09, 2018, 06:56:39 PM »

Punching nazis is morally right. It's nowhere near the same as believing in ethnic cleansing and genocide and white only ethnostates. Nazis are evil and no amount of "you can't punch people who disagree with you uwu". Naziism wants Jews, gays, lesbians, transgender people, muslims, black people, and many more to be either dead, deported, segregated, and in second class positions in society. If you think that that's a simple "disagreement" you are foolish and very clearly privileged if you think the difference between you and nazis is a disagreement and not a matter of ethnic cleansing and genocide. Obviously of you're a white straight "moderate" man you won't really be threatened by neo nazis.

Punch 'em. They're murderers and genocidaires.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #110 on: August 09, 2018, 07:06:23 PM »

Agree.
The same "style" of supporters would be present, anyways.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #111 on: August 09, 2018, 08:04:00 PM »

Punching nazis is morally right. It's nowhere near the same as believing in ethnic cleansing and genocide and white only ethnostates. Nazis are evil and no amount of "you can't punch people who disagree with you uwu". Naziism wants Jews, gays, lesbians, transgender people, muslims, black people, and many more to be either dead, deported, segregated, and in second class positions in society. If you think that that's a simple "disagreement" you are foolish and very clearly privileged if you think the difference between you and nazis is a disagreement and not a matter of ethnic cleansing and genocide. Obviously of you're a white straight "moderate" man you won't really be threatened by neo nazis.

I don't think people should go out and voluntarily pursue violence against other people. BUT if you find yourself in the position where you have to punch someone there is no one more deserving of it than a neo-nazi/white nationalist.
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #112 on: August 09, 2018, 08:19:09 PM »

I don't think people should go out and voluntarily pursue violence against other people. BUT if you find yourself in the position where you have to punch someone there is no one more deserving of it than a neo-nazi/white nationalist.

Agreed. You should never go out and purposefully harass and hurt other people, but that's exactly what Neo-Nazis do. They murdered Heather Heyer and wish death and subjugation upon millions. Not only should moral people fight back against them physically and ideologically, but often times it's literally self-defense since Neo Nazis like running people over.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #113 on: August 09, 2018, 09:05:29 PM »

Sooo... I'm debating whether I should swing by the rally and take pictures or avoid it all together. Any thoughts?
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #114 on: August 09, 2018, 09:11:09 PM »

Sooo... I'm debating whether I should swing by the rally and take pictures or avoid it all together. Any thoughts?

Your choice. But be safe and avoid it if it looks like it's getting violent.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #115 on: August 09, 2018, 09:11:14 PM »

Sorry, but you're wrong:

"Do not repay evil for evil or reviling for reviling, but on the contrary, bless, for to this you were called, that you may obtain a blessing." 1 Peter 3:9 (ESV)

When they kill, arrest them.  When they attempt genocide, go to war against them.  When they demonstrate peaceably, you have no moral authority (other than what comes from your own ego) to go up and punch them.

You're flat out wrong.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #116 on: August 09, 2018, 09:12:53 PM »

Here's to hoping both the Nazis and the people out there counter protesting can get their act together and not escalate things.  

The counterprotestors are there specifically to escalate things.

This cannot be overemphasized.
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #117 on: August 09, 2018, 09:17:02 PM »

Sorry, but you're wrong:

"Do not repay evil for evil or reviling for reviling, but on the contrary, bless, for to this you were called, that you may obtain a blessing." 1 Peter 3:9 (ESV)

When they kill, arrest them.  When they attempt genocide, go to war against them.  When they demonstrate peaceably, you have no moral authority (other than what comes from your own ego) to go up and punch them.

You're flat out wrong.

Anyways... Punch a nazi if you see them demonstrating. And it's impossible for neo-nazis to demonstrate peacefully due to their inherently racist and violent ideology. Therefore, Nazis demonstrating chanting "Jew will not replace us" and generally being there to espouse genocidal policies is a violent demonstration and such a demonstration being met with violence is not immoral or wrong.

And LOL at the bible quote... I mean... Okay!!!
Mopsus
MOPolitico
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.71, S: -1.65

« Reply #118 on: August 09, 2018, 10:05:42 PM »

What's your max deadlift, bro?
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #119 on: August 09, 2018, 10:07:54 PM »

Stop giving these Neo Nazi scum airtime.

ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #120 on: August 09, 2018, 11:00:31 PM »

Although unrelated to the DC rally, here is an interesting story that was just released by CNN ...

A Swastika-wearing, white supremacist is destroying the small town of Ulysses, Pennsylvania with his images of hate and words of bigotry (who says ""rural America spoke up when they elected Trump").

Watch video here: https://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2018/08/10/ulysses-pennsylvania-sidner-erin-pkg-vpx.cnn
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #121 on: August 09, 2018, 11:06:03 PM »

Sanchez and I will be there for research purposes.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #122 on: August 09, 2018, 11:28:58 PM »

And we'll be dressed as ghosts to scare away Antifa!
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #123 on: August 10, 2018, 01:58:19 AM »

Doing a joint paper on the evolution of tiki-torch holding among young single white males?
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #124 on: August 10, 2018, 12:12:26 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies