Encore of Europe: Rules, Sign-up, and General Discussion
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:55:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Encore of Europe: Rules, Sign-up, and General Discussion
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 ... 23
Author Topic: Encore of Europe: Rules, Sign-up, and General Discussion  (Read 41597 times)
YPestis25

Political Matrix
E: -4.65, S: -6.09

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #325 on: July 15, 2018, 10:08:10 PM »

There are times when you're sad that you're not included in the news update, and there are times when you're happy. I'm pretty happy right now.

Let's just say you're lucky you were on quietly working on clean-up duty in Iceland.

You narrowly avoided a far worse situation which would have put you in the update. Wink

Oh no! I'm excited for the next turn to see what I might have just dodged. I've got a hunch what it might be.

I can imagine. Aside from the Rome landings, and even those weren't a complete loss, it was quite the successful operation!

Ehhhhhh...I anticipated some of it which prevented him from knocking me out of the game.  The thing about this situation is that, to paraphrase Omar Little, you come at the President, you'd best not miss.  I'm pretty happy with how everything turned out.  Spain and especially Austria were the most damaged here.

Well that's very true. You handled better than I could, after all my last Encore game nearly ended with a three way civil war and a British invasion of Norway courtesy of Dkrol Cheesy
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #326 on: July 16, 2018, 12:22:26 AM »

Hmm, so what year is this game on?
Dereich
YaBB God

« Reply #327 on: July 16, 2018, 06:49:40 AM »

The next turn should be 1786.
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #328 on: July 16, 2018, 11:26:10 PM »

Turn 5 is now open. It will last until 9:00 PM PST on Monday, July 23rd.

I think I got everything on the map and military numbers wise. As always, feel free to contact me if you think otherwise Wink
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #329 on: July 17, 2018, 03:29:43 AM »

Beautiful update.

I very much hope that when this game ends, that there's a thread for people to reveal all; I feel like there's enough drama to fill an entire screenplay.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #330 on: July 17, 2018, 01:31:43 PM »

I’m very, very, very happy right now. Just received two pieces of good news and waiting on a couple more things.
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #331 on: July 19, 2018, 08:06:02 PM »

Midturn is up.

Just so you all know, there were far more proposals and actions by player attempting to reach the update, but I'll only go with two per turn (if I included everything, midterm news would be as long as end of turn news). Those events that did not make the cut for the midterm are included at the end of the turn. There were a lot of intertwined actions that took place, therefore they were grouped together when my list randomizer picked the top items.
ASPN
Dr_Novella

« Reply #332 on: July 19, 2018, 08:29:32 PM »

Wonderful mid-turn. So much happening in and around italy.
YPestis25

Political Matrix
E: -4.65, S: -6.09

« Reply #333 on: July 19, 2018, 08:34:04 PM »

Wonderful mid-turn. So much happening in and around italy.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #334 on: July 19, 2018, 08:34:04 PM »

Man, the gloves are coming off...
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #335 on: July 20, 2018, 06:00:47 AM »

I didn't do it.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #336 on: July 20, 2018, 06:03:52 AM »
« Edited: July 20, 2018, 06:57:02 AM by Pope Michael Bolton »

Neither did I, it seems pretty obvious that there was a large-scale false flag operation launched against Austria.  The Italy revolts could theoretically be chalked up to bad luck regarding local response to the extremely harsh measures implemented by Austria (probably not though), especially if midturn was slow.  However, the assassination makes it obvious that this was all ordered by another player.
Dereich
YaBB God

« Reply #337 on: July 20, 2018, 07:01:47 AM »

No, no. The revolts and the assassinations were done by different people. I know who caused the revolts, I will find who caused the assassinations.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #338 on: July 20, 2018, 07:08:37 AM »

Sometimes it's good to be paranoid!
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #339 on: July 20, 2018, 07:19:09 AM »

No, no. The revolts and the assassinations were done by different people. I know who caused the revolts, I will find who caused the assassinations.

Well, neither the revolts nor the assassinations were caused by me nor did I have any foreknowledge of them, so I'm glad you know who it really was Tongue
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #340 on: July 20, 2018, 07:32:43 AM »

Gentlemen, gather around and take bets on who's going to be assassinated next!
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #341 on: July 20, 2018, 12:11:10 PM »

I didn't do it either, not only this is utterly insane, it would be idiotic for me  considering I'm among the first to be blamed or evem turned into a convenient scapegoat.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #342 on: July 20, 2018, 12:18:58 PM »

I didn't do it either, not only this is utterly insane, it would be idiotic for me  considering I'm among the first to be blamed or evem turned into a convenient scapegoat.

Under the rules it would be silly as well, since Dereich would take over as one of Joseph's numerous bros or nephews. I remember Wallace continuing as Russia after Elizabeth's murder.
Dereich
YaBB God

« Reply #343 on: July 20, 2018, 12:30:19 PM »
« Edited: July 20, 2018, 12:37:42 PM by Dereich »

Everyone with a clear motive and ability to conduct this has publicly or privately denied it. Either someone unexpected is playing a long game or someone is lying.

This feels like a closed-circle murder mystery! Tell me Sardinia, what were you doing on the night before the murders?
Dereich
YaBB God

« Reply #344 on: July 20, 2018, 01:19:08 PM »

Under the rules it would be silly as well, since Dereich would take over as one of Joseph's numerous bros or nephews. I remember Wallace continuing as Russia after Elizabeth's murder.

Putting the rules bit aside, now that I look at it more closely it wouldn't be silly at all. If all the assassinations had succeeded, the Austrian crown would have passed to my unmarried daughter, Maria Theresa. With the three most pro-Hapsburg electors dead and no convenient husband or landed male Hapsburgs to elect, the Holy Roman Empire would almost certainly have gone to someone else. There are several players who have an interest in splitting the HRE and the Hapsburg crown.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #345 on: July 20, 2018, 01:23:40 PM »

Putting the rules bit aside, now that I look at it more closely it wouldn't be silly at all. If all the assassinations had succeeded, the Austrian crown would have passed to my unmarried daughter, Maria Theresa. With the three most pro-Hapsburg electors dead and no convenient husband or landed male Hapsburgs to elect, the Holy Roman Empire would almost certainly have gone to someone else. There are several players who have an interest in splitting the HRE and the Hapsburg crown.

Habsburgs law of succession aren't agnaco cognatic like Britain. It would have gone to one of your brothers if all of your male children were wiped out.

As for Bayern, it would have gone to your daughter or maybe the Palatinate?
Dereich
YaBB God

« Reply #346 on: July 20, 2018, 01:28:13 PM »

Habsburgs law of succession aren't agnaco cognatic like Britain. It would have gone to one of your brothers if all of your male children were wiped out.

That's not the case. The Pragmatic Sanction of 1713 and the subsequent (still recent in-game!) reign of Maria Theresa point definitively to the end of Salic Law in Austria proper. Bavaria would probably have gone to a brother, or may have been taken over by Charles Theodore in the chaos.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #347 on: July 20, 2018, 01:30:35 PM »

That's not the case. The Pragmatic Sanction of 1713 and the subsequent reign of Maria Theresa point definitively to the end of Salic Law in Austria proper. Bavaria would probably have gone to a brother, or may have been taken over by Charles Theodore in the chaos.

I disagree, the pragmatic sanction replaced the salic law by the semi salic law. Only when there are no males anymore, the female dynastically closest to the last emperor could inherit.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #348 on: July 20, 2018, 01:47:17 PM »

Everyone with a clear motive and ability to conduct this has publicly or privately denied it. Either someone unexpected is playing a long game or someone is lying.

This feels like a closed-circle murder mystery! Tell me Sardinia, what were you doing on the night before the murders?

Having a few beers and watching the second half of Big Fish Tongue
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #349 on: July 21, 2018, 09:14:29 AM »

Persia was playing war with Chinese tin soldiers.

I must admit, I love negotiating with like six countries at a time, but I think I might have not included Spamage in some of my PMs. Would those I’ve negotiated with please forward all my PMs without CC’ing Spamage? I’m also waiting for a response from... Dereich, DKrol, Kalwejt, Not Madigan, and Lumine, I think.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 ... 23  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies