Can Chelsea Manning push Cardin to the left?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 11:17:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Can Chelsea Manning push Cardin to the left?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Can Chelsea Manning push Cardin to the left?  (Read 4190 times)
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2018, 09:43:57 PM »

Pushing to the left rarely ever happens. At best you get them to feint left in the primary and then stop pretending by the time they get elected. If you want more left politicians, you have to defeat them.
Statilius the Epicurean
Thersites
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2018, 01:35:11 PM »

This is the person who hangs out with people like Mike Cernovich and Gavin McInnes?
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2018, 01:44:47 PM »

I really don't get the hate for Cardin. He's just a fairly harmless, mainstream, forgettable, old Democratic Senator to me.

90% is his refusal to rubber-stamp All Holy High's Iran deal.
Exactly. The only reason some people on the left think Cardin has to go is because he opposed the Iran deal. On all other issues he is a liberal Democrat, more liberal than a lot of Democratic senators who get a pass.
America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2018, 02:38:15 PM »

I really don't get the hate for Cardin. He's just a fairly harmless, mainstream, forgettable, old Democratic Senator to me.

He is the main sponsor of one of the worst pieces of legislation written in US History.
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2018, 03:06:53 PM »

I was considering voting for Manning until she started hanging out with Trumpers. Now I'm just going to leave the Senate question blank. I'll probably leave it blank in November too.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2018, 04:24:17 PM »

He is the main sponsor of one of the worst pieces of legislation written in US History.

And that would be?
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2018, 06:57:46 PM »

And that would be?

S.B. 720, Israel Anti-Boycott Act.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2018, 07:32:09 PM »

And that would be?

Pretty sure the fugitive slave laws were worse.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2018, 07:47:19 PM »

And that would be?

Yeah that and his opposition to the Iran Deal are not ideal for me but it still doesn't make him a pariah.
Esteemed Jimmy
Jimmy7812
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: 2.47, S: -1.05

« Reply #34 on: March 27, 2018, 07:47:55 PM »

America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2018, 01:15:51 AM »

And that would be?

No u don't get it. Cardin, he... He... He supports the Jews. Nothing can be worse!
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #36 on: March 28, 2018, 11:21:34 AM »

And that would be?

No u don't get it. Cardin, he... He... He supports the Jews. Nothing can be worse!

I was exaggerating by describing it as "one of the worst". However, there are in fact, a substantial number of Jewish people who support BDS. Speaking of which, my family is Jewish.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2018, 12:43:49 PM »
« Edited: March 28, 2018, 01:11:38 PM by We Have A Pope »

And that would be?

I was exaggerating by describing it as "one of the worst". However, there are in fact, a substantial number of Jewish people who support BDS. Speaking of which, my family is Jewish.

Solid4096: 1850s Edition: "There are, in fact, some African-Americans https://www.theroot.com/did-black-people-own-slaves-1790895436 who own slaves.  Speaking of which, I have a black friend."
fluffypanther19
United States

« Reply #38 on: March 28, 2018, 12:51:51 PM »

same; what do progressives hate him so much?  Tongue
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #39 on: March 28, 2018, 01:05:00 PM »

This is the person who hangs out with people like Mike Cernovich and Gavin McInnes?

yep

muh progressive hero
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #40 on: March 28, 2018, 03:27:25 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

no
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #41 on: March 28, 2018, 03:45:26 PM »

lol, if the Senate contemplated refusing to seat Roy Moore, you KNOW they'll refuse to seat Manning
Unironic Kamala Harris for President Supporter
BeastCoast
Rookie

« Reply #42 on: March 28, 2018, 08:33:28 PM »

lol, if the Senate contemplated refusing to seat Roy Moore, you KNOW they'll refuse to seat Manning

I think you’re right about that.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #43 on: March 29, 2018, 06:32:56 PM »

yep

muh progressive hero

It's definitely concerning and kind of ironic since I'm pretty certain that McInnes and Cernovich are rabid transphobes. If she's the exception that says a lot more bad than good about Manning.
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #44 on: April 04, 2018, 04:31:41 PM »

Cardin has not sponsored single payer, he opposed the iran deal, supported giving more military funding when people still don't have healthcare in this country, and he hasn't done anything to suggest to me he's interested in fighting the corrupt democratic establishment! Has he endorsed Ben Jealous? Did he endorse any justice democrat at all? Did he endorse Bernie? No! When I see someone like Chelsea who is a fighter and who is passionate about standing up to government corruption, I will support them. I can stomach Ben Cardin enough that I would endorse him in the general(especially if his opponent is Andy Harris), but I cannot support him in this primary because he's not willing to speak out against the Dem Establishment! He's too afraid.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #45 on: April 04, 2018, 04:39:39 PM »

Cardin has not sponsored single payer, he opposed the iran deal, supported giving more military funding when people still don't have healthcare in this country, and he hasn't done anything to suggest to me he's interested in fighting the corrupt democratic establishment! Has he endorsed Ben Jealous? Did he endorse any justice democrat at all? Did he endorse Bernie? No! When I see someone like Chelsea who is a fighter and who is passionate about standing up to government corruption, I will support them. I can stomach Ben Cardin enough that I would endorse him in the general(especially if his opponent is Andy Harris), but I cannot support him in this primary because he's not willing to speak out against the Dem Establishment! He's too afraid.

It's easy to be a brainless fighter. It's harder to have the knowledge and skills to be a half decent senator.
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #46 on: April 04, 2018, 04:57:32 PM »

It's easy to be a brainless fighter. It's harder to have the knowledge and skills to be a half decent senator.
"Half-decent" has gotten us nowhere, DTC. We need senators who are courageous. Single payer, free college, and a 1 % tax on wall street, are not radical ideas. Most industrialized countries already have some form of true universal healthcare, and most of them are doing just fine, so why is it so impossible to do it in this country? If your answer is "we can't afford it" well tell that to the Democratic Senators who voted for increased military spending that was higher than the level trump wanted! And the Iran deal wasn't radical either, and Ben Cardin didn't support it. This was a key part of Obama's agenda, and he couldn't bring himself to support it! Even Tulsi Gabbard the lefty trump supported it after whining about it forever! Come on!
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #47 on: April 04, 2018, 05:10:16 PM »

"Half-decent" has gotten us nowhere, DTC. We need senators who are courageous. Single payer, free college, and a 1 % tax on wall street, are not radical ideas. Most industrialized countries already have some form of true universal healthcare, and most of them are doing just fine, so why is it so impossible to do it in this country? If your answer is "we can't afford it" well tell that to the Democratic Senators who voted for increased military spending that was higher than the level trump wanted! And the Iran deal wasn't radical either, and Ben Cardin didn't support it. This was a key part of Obama's agenda, and he couldn't bring himself to support it! Even Tulsi Gabbard the lefty trump supported it after whining about it forever! Come on!

We do need bold leadership.

we also don't need another fcking dumbass in the senate.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #48 on: April 04, 2018, 05:14:02 PM »

Also i love liberals who say "tax 1%" as a funding mechanism for all of their bills. You can tax the top 1% for all their money and you wouldn't be able to pay for our current services and debt, nevermind single payer. You need to tax everyone to pay for single payer.

Free sh!t sounds great but you have to actually pay for it at some point. I am open to expanded Medicare, but this stuff is expensive as all hell.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #49 on: April 04, 2018, 05:17:21 PM »

Also i love liberals who say "tax 1%" as a funding mechanism for all of their bills. You can tax the top 1% for all their money and you wouldn't be able to pay for our current services and debt, nevermind single payer. You need to tax everyone to pay for single payer.

Free sh!t sounds great but you have to actually pay for it at some point. I am open to expanded Medicare, but this stuff is expensive as all hell.

I love warmongers who always ask how we will pay for anything that actually helps people while blowing hundreds of billions of dollars a year on a bloated military.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies