IL-3 Dem Primary: Election Day!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 09:47:35 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  IL-3 Dem Primary: Election Day!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 ... 48
Author Topic: IL-3 Dem Primary: Election Day!  (Read 81457 times)
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #775 on: March 20, 2018, 08:48:01 PM »

Marie under 2,000

Daniel Lipinski*
37,433   51.3%   
Marie Newman
35,550   48.7   
72,983 votes, 77% reporting (384 of 500 precincts)

You're not necessarily a homophobe just by opposing gay marriage. And for me, it's perfectly reasonable if you still don't support it personally, while at the same time accepting that Obergefell is the law of the land.
Holy hell you are a terrible human being

please take your antagonistic trolling elsewhere.  thanks.
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #776 on: March 20, 2018, 08:48:44 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Yes you are, for the same reason you’re a racist if you oppose interracial marriage.
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #777 on: March 20, 2018, 08:49:11 PM »

Marie under 2,000

Daniel Lipinski*
37,433   51.3%   
Marie Newman
35,550   48.7   

You're not necessarily a homophobe just by opposing gay marriage. And for me, it's perfectly reasonable if you still don't support it personally, while at the same time accepting that Obergefell is the law of the land.

please take your antagonistic trolling elsewhere.  thanks.

Seriously.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #778 on: March 20, 2018, 08:49:29 PM »

Yes you are, for the same reason you’re a racist if you oppose interracial marriage.
ON Progressive
OntarioProgressive
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -8.70

« Reply #779 on: March 20, 2018, 08:49:49 PM »

Wisconsin SC Race 2019
hofoid

« Reply #780 on: March 20, 2018, 08:50:07 PM »

Daniel Lipinski*
38,138   51.2%   
Marie Newman
36,311   48.8   
74,449 votes, 79% reporting (393 of 500 precincts)
IL-3's Hillary closing in. This must be similar to how the working class felt when Hillary's husband signed off on NAFTA.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #781 on: March 20, 2018, 08:50:14 PM »

Newman continues to gain.

Daniel Lipinski*
37,433   51.3%
Marie Newman
35,550   48.7%

But perhaps not fast enough.

This race leans R at the moment.
Lipinski is not a Republican. That's just a stupid talking point to trot out.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #782 on: March 20, 2018, 08:50:21 PM »

What can I say? I'm of the belief that gay marriage and interracial marriage aren't even close to the same plane, given the unique historical and biological circumstances involved. But that's a wholly different issue.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #783 on: March 20, 2018, 08:50:22 PM »

This is Dems' problem today. If you ever disagree with them, you're "a terrible human being". Totalitarian.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #784 on: March 20, 2018, 08:50:29 PM »

Strudelcutie4427
Singletxguyforfun
United States

« Reply #785 on: March 20, 2018, 08:50:39 PM »

Daniel Lipinski*
34,516   51.8%   
Marie Newman
32,060   48.2   
66,576 votes, 69% reporting (343 of 500 precincts)

As if to be pro-life is a bad thing? No wonder there are single-issue voters who won't give the Democrats the light of day for views such as this.
I didn't say it was or wasn't. Just call it by the correct name. ANTI-CHOICE. Smiley

That is not the correct name. Once again, it seems as if to be against abortion is to be against the rights of women, which is categorically false.

No, it's true.

What about that child that’s killed in the process? Doesn’t it violate his/her bodily autonomy to have their lives ended through no choice of their own? Where’s their choice?
Embryoes aren't children.
According to the DNA, yes an embryo is as much a human as anyone else

Then so is cancer. Ban chemotherapy!

Cancer would be an organ as it only has the DNA for that specific organ, not a vast collection of organs. An embryo has the DNA to grow every part of the body. Cancer just has the dna to be a (mutated) cell of a heart, kidney, lung etc
No War, but the War on Christmas
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #786 on: March 20, 2018, 08:51:00 PM »

Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #787 on: March 20, 2018, 08:51:08 PM »

This is Dems' problem today. If you ever disagree with them, you're "a terrible human being". Totalitarian.

You are correct. And that is why I have hoped for Lipinski's victory throughout, because this kind of absolutism on the issues is poisonous to democracy.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #788 on: March 20, 2018, 08:51:23 PM »

Karpatsky
Ukraine

« Reply #789 on: March 20, 2018, 08:51:41 PM »

Marie under 2,000

Daniel Lipinski*
37,433   51.3%   
Marie Newman
35,550   48.7   

Really? Does it really make someone a terrible human being to be unable to shake of the socialization of generations of mainstream marginalization, but still be humble enough to overcome it and accept the times are changing, despite one's personal biases? Really?

The same thing with abortion: the point at which an embryo becomes a person isn't evident to the average person - you can have your beliefs, but they are learned; they're not intuitive. Does it really make someone a terrible person to have a different understanding about when life starts? And if not, does it really make them a terrible person to place a person's survival over a second person's bodily autonomy? It's not an objective answer, it's value-based.

Personally pro-choice and pro-LGBT rights, before you go ahead and call me a bigot myself.
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #790 on: March 20, 2018, 08:52:24 PM »
« Edited: March 20, 2018, 08:56:09 PM by YE »

Marie under 2,000

Daniel Lipinski*
37,433   51.3%   
Marie Newman
35,550   48.7   

Really? Does it really make someone a terrible human being to be unable to shake of the socialization of generations of mainstream marginalization, but still be humble enough to overcome it and accept the times are changing, despite one's personal biases? Really?

The same thing with abortion: the point at which an embryo becomes a person isn't evident to the average person - you can have your beliefs, but they are learned; they're not intuitive. Does it really make someone a terrible person to have a different understanding about when life starts? And if not, does it really make them a terrible person to place a person's survival over a second person's bodily autonomy? It's not an objective answer, it's value-based.

Personally pro-choice and pro-LGBT rights, before you go ahead and call me a bigot myself.

Edit: After actually reading your post, I agree with on the pro-choice bit the most.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #791 on: March 20, 2018, 08:52:53 PM »

Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #792 on: March 20, 2018, 08:53:23 PM »

Daniel Lipinski*
38,138   51.2%   
Marie Newman
36,311   48.8   
74,449 votes, 79% reporting (393 of 500 precincts)
IL-3's Hillary closing in. This must be similar to how the working class felt when Hillary's husband signed off on NAFTA.

Lol.

IM A POPULIST PWUGWESSIVE GO BEWNIE

Conservative, anti-gay, anti-abortion, anti-healthcare democrat running against a woman literally backed by Bernie? YEAH!

Your only ideology is TRIGGER THE FEMINISTS, isn't it?
No War, but the War on Christmas
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #793 on: March 20, 2018, 08:53:32 PM »

You are correct. And that is why I have hoped for Lipinski's victory throughout, because this kind of absolutism on the issues is poisonous to democracy.

Civil and Human rights should be a litmus test, absolutely. We can agree to disagree on economic policy, or immigration, or foreign policy -- but a person's right not to suffer discrimination due to immutable characteristics should not be up for debate. End of.
Wisconsin SC Race 2019
hofoid

« Reply #794 on: March 20, 2018, 08:53:46 PM »

I'm pro-choice myself, but this kind of SJW litmus-test nonsense is the reason why Dems keep losing swing voters.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #795 on: March 20, 2018, 08:54:33 PM »

Oh well. Lipinski will be toast in 2020 after this shows everyone how vulnerble he is.

True, if Lipinski wins tonight it won't be the 20-point margin that looked possible earlier.

I don't think this race is over quite yet though.
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

« Reply #796 on: March 20, 2018, 08:54:45 PM »

If you disagree with basic human rights you're a terrible person. Sorry. Not sorry.

Marie under 2,000

Daniel Lipinski*
37,433   51.3%   
Marie Newman
35,550   48.7   

The thing of it is, Lipinski hasn't overcome anything. He's still anti-LGBT, and votes that way.
Theodore
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -2.78

« Reply #797 on: March 20, 2018, 08:55:21 PM »

What happened to this thread
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #798 on: March 20, 2018, 08:55:32 PM »

I'm pro-SSM, (relatively) pro-choice, and pro-universal healthcare, and yet I'd vote for Lipinski just because the SJW left is so disastrous.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #799 on: March 20, 2018, 08:55:43 PM »

I'm pro-choice myself, but this kind of SJW litmus-test nonsense is the reason why Dems keep losing swing voters.

What "swing voters" are there in Chicagoland when the opponent is a literal Nazi?
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 ... 48  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies