IL-3 Dem Primary: Election Day!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 18, 2024, 04:30:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  IL-3 Dem Primary: Election Day!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 ... 48
Author Topic: IL-3 Dem Primary: Election Day!  (Read 83148 times)
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #725 on: March 20, 2018, 08:21:55 PM »

As if to be pro-life is a bad thing? No wonder there are single-issue voters who won't give the Democrats the light of day for views such as this.
I didn't say it was or wasn't. Just call it by the correct name. ANTI-CHOICE. Smiley

That is not the correct name. Once again, it seems as if to be against abortion is to be against the rights of women, which is categorically false.

No, it's true.
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #726 on: March 20, 2018, 08:22:50 PM »

As if to be pro-life is a bad thing? No wonder there are single-issue voters who won't give the Democrats the light of day for views such as this.
I didn't say it was or wasn't. Just call it by the correct name. ANTI-CHOICE. Smiley

That is not the correct name. Once again, it seems as if to be against abortion is to be against the rights of women, which is categorically false.

No, to be against abortion is to be against bodily autonomy. That is a form of misogyny.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #727 on: March 20, 2018, 08:23:02 PM »

I always am appalled to see the views of people, here, and elsewhere, who seem to think that all Democrats must be pro-choice, and vice versa for Republicans. Abortion now seems to be an issue where you either with someone, or against someone. No room for differing opinion.

Really mind-boggling as to why people might support politicians who share their views on contested political issues. Very appalling indeed!

Once again, you take things out of context. What I meant by this was to say that there should be room for flexibility on at least some issues. To have one absolutist platform on every single issue is not the best way to go. One size does not fit all.
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

« Reply #728 on: March 20, 2018, 08:23:18 PM »

Except it isn't.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #729 on: March 20, 2018, 08:23:40 PM »

Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #730 on: March 20, 2018, 08:23:54 PM »

No, to be against abortion is to be against bodily autonomy. That is a form of misogyny.

Misogyny? Bodily autonomy? Not from my viewpoint. This sort of extremism is why I do not identify myself as a Democrat.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #731 on: March 20, 2018, 08:24:34 PM »

No, it's true.

That to be against abortion is to be against women? Not because you think abortion is morally wrong?
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix

« Reply #732 on: March 20, 2018, 08:25:27 PM »

A handful more Will County precincts eat into the lead a bit:

Daniel Lipinski*
34,238   51.9%   
Marie Newman
31,701   48.1

Misogyny? Bodily autonomy? Not from my viewpoint. This sort of extremism is why I do not identify myself as a Democrat.
RFKFan: Here are the facts
Calthrina: I reject your facts because I disagree with them

No, it's true.

That to be against abortion is to be against women? Not because you think abortion is morally wrong?
Yes, if you oppose abortion you oppose the rights of women. It's pretty simple.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #733 on: March 20, 2018, 08:25:37 PM »

No, it's true.

No, but because it's morally wrong to think that women shouldn't have any bodily autonomy. It's wrong to think that a bunch of men should have control over what a woman does.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #734 on: March 20, 2018, 08:26:34 PM »

Are the women who run Susan B Anthony List anti-women?
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #735 on: March 20, 2018, 08:26:54 PM »

Honestly if Lipinski wins at least I won't get the read a weeks worth of screaming over how all Dems must agree on social issues. I don't want populists out of the party.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #736 on: March 20, 2018, 08:27:23 PM »

No, it's true.

No, but because it's morally wrong to think that women shouldn't have any bodily autonomy. It's wrong to think that a bunch of men should have control over what a woman does.

But do you do realize that there are women who oppose abortion as well? And "control" does not, in my view, extend to wiping out something which is bound to develop into an individual human being (and already has separate DNA). But I digress, since I already know that those on the pro-choice side of the debate do not even think that fetuses are living beings.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #737 on: March 20, 2018, 08:27:24 PM »

Can we take the Great Soundbites War on abortion somewhere else please?
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix

« Reply #738 on: March 20, 2018, 08:28:00 PM »
« Edited: March 20, 2018, 08:47:34 PM by Virginia »

Are the women who run Susan B Anthony List anti-women?
Yes.

Honestly if Lipinski wins at least I won't get the read a weeks worth of screaming over how all Dems must agree on social issues. I don't want populists out of the party.
HE'S NOT A  POPULIST, HE'S A CONSERVATIVE

WHAT IS POPULIST ABOUT OPPOSING THE ACA

WHAT IS POPULIST ABOUT OPPOSING SAME-SEX MARRIAGE
Strudelcutie4427
Singletxguyforfun
United States

« Reply #739 on: March 20, 2018, 08:28:05 PM »

No, it's true.

What about that child that’s killed in the process? Doesn’t it violate his/her bodily autonomy to have their lives ended through no choice of their own? Where’s their choice?
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #740 on: March 20, 2018, 08:28:10 PM »

Is Lipinski really a populist? Is Newman an elitist?
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix

« Reply #741 on: March 20, 2018, 08:31:27 PM »

Daniel Lipinski*
34,516   51.8%   
Marie Newman
32,060   48.2   
66,576 votes, 69% reporting (343 of 500 precincts)

No, it's true.

What about that child that’s killed in the process? Doesn’t it violate his/her bodily autonomy to have their lives ended through no choice of their own? Where’s their choice?
Embryoes aren't children.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #742 on: March 20, 2018, 08:31:29 PM »

Can we take the Great Soundbites War on abortion somewhere else please?
Wisconsin SC Race 2019
hofoid

« Reply #743 on: March 20, 2018, 08:31:41 PM »

Newman is clearly the SJW/Clintonian candidate.
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix

« Reply #744 on: March 20, 2018, 08:32:32 PM »

Daniel Lipinski*
36,982   51.5%   
Marie Newman
34,807   48.5   
71,789 votes, 74% reporting (371 of 500 precincts)

Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #745 on: March 20, 2018, 08:33:03 PM »

Exactly a point which I have been making throughout the thread. And now she looks set to lose. Which is good news.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #746 on: March 20, 2018, 08:34:13 PM »

Exactly a point which I have been making throughout the thread. And now she looks set to lose. Which is good news.

It's never good news when an anti-choice and anti-gay SOB wins.
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix

« Reply #747 on: March 20, 2018, 08:34:35 PM »

Well, it's not good for gay people or poor people or sick people, but who cares about them, right?
Wisconsin SC Race 2019
hofoid

« Reply #748 on: March 20, 2018, 08:34:44 PM »

Daniel Lipinski*
36,982   51.5%   
Marie Newman
34,807   48.5   
71,789 votes, 74% reporting (371 of 500 precincts)

Looks like identity politics is gonna win the day with so much of Will being out. Say goodbye to any chance for the Dems to build a base outside of the coasts and Chicagoland.
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #749 on: March 20, 2018, 08:35:10 PM »

No, and no, but I'm not a fan of the attacks of Lipinski on social issues.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 ... 48  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies