Update for Everyone VI: What Is and What Should Never Be
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 08:45:26 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone VI: What Is and What Should Never Be
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 ... 79
Author Topic: Update for Everyone VI: What Is and What Should Never Be  (Read 142913 times)
YE
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1475 on: June 25, 2018, 12:52:36 AM »

Ever since 3 PM, I’ve had a headache. Bedtime can’t come soon enough.
Then go to bed now.

I’ve basically been in bed for a few hours but I haven’t been able to sleep. Hopefully I feel better tomorrow.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #1476 on: June 25, 2018, 09:48:12 AM »

I often wonder if I permanently damaged my body by spending all of high school locked in the bathroom forcing myself to vomit because my mother thought I was fat and worthless.
💥💥 brandon bro (he/him/his)
peenie_weenie
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1477 on: June 25, 2018, 10:00:55 AM »

I often wonder if I permanently damaged my body by spending all of high school locked in the bathroom forcing myself to vomit because my mother thought I was fat and worthless.

I spent a lot of time in the bathroom in high school, but it sounds like I enjoyed my time a lot more than you enjoyed yours.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #1478 on: June 25, 2018, 10:02:26 AM »

I spent a lot of time in the bathroom in high school, but it sounds like I enjoyed my time a lot more than you enjoyed yours.

yeah. i was punishing myself because my mother thought i was fat and worthless, even though i was actually underweight.
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

« Reply #1479 on: June 25, 2018, 05:56:01 PM »

I have accepted a job offer to become campaign manager for a state senate candidate.
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.29, S: -7.74

« Reply #1480 on: June 25, 2018, 05:58:22 PM »

I have accepted a job offer to become campaign manager for a state senate candidate.

Congratulations!!
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix

« Reply #1481 on: June 25, 2018, 06:06:47 PM »

Congratulations!!
Thanks! The bad news is she’s way closer to the center than I am and running as an Independent, which may poison me with Maine Dems and hurt my future.

On the other hand, nothing ventured, nothing gained.
TPIG
ThatConservativeGuy
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 1.91

« Reply #1482 on: June 25, 2018, 06:40:20 PM »

Update on my grandmother:

Turns out her cancer is much more aggressive than previously thought by her doctors, and it's spread throughout much of her body. Doctors now give her between a few days and weeks to live. This has come as a total shock to my whole family, and again, please keep her in your thoughts and prayers.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1483 on: June 25, 2018, 06:55:10 PM »

Congratulations!!
Thanks! The bad news is she’s way closer to the center than I am and running as an Independent, which may poison me with Maine Dems and hurt my future.

That’s awesome! Do you have campaign experience?
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1484 on: June 25, 2018, 06:59:21 PM »

I’m in San Francisco right now for vacation, but I’m so tired because I’ve been up since 3 AM Eastern.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #1485 on: June 25, 2018, 06:59:34 PM »

Turns out her cancer is much more aggressive than previously thought by her doctors, and it's spread throughout much of her body. Doctors now give her between a few days and weeks to live. This has come as a total shock to my whole family, and again, please keep her in your thoughts and prayers.

I'm so sorry to hear Sad
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #1486 on: June 25, 2018, 07:00:11 PM »

That’s tough. Best wishes to her, you, and the rest of your family.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1487 on: June 25, 2018, 07:01:00 PM »

Emailed a Russian business blog (American-run) to see if they would be unprincipled enough to accept a contribution on religion and state in post-Soviet Europe. Mostly just a summary of work I did over a year ago, but hey, a man's gotta eat.
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix

« Reply #1488 on: June 25, 2018, 09:14:02 PM »

Congratulations!!

That’s awesome! Do you have campaign experience?
Youth Outreach Coordinator for Betsy, intern for HFA.
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix

« Reply #1489 on: June 25, 2018, 09:36:57 PM »

My condolences.

I hope I’m not overstepping my bounds, but as someone who’s been though this several times before, I would recommend bringing her out of the hospital to her home (assuming she’s not already out of the hospital). She will be comforted by familiar surroundings. If she’s religious, I would also recommend having a priest or other clergy visit and hold a small service for her and your family. That would also be a comfort.

Of course, if your family wishes to keep her in hospital, this is absolutely a valid choice as well.

Again, my deepest condolences.
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #1490 on: June 25, 2018, 11:43:59 PM »

The grocery store I work at, Kroger is closing in NC so Im looking for a new job. What a shame, operated in our state for 25 years. Im only working part time b/c Im going to take some classes in the fall, but some of these people make a living here so it's put a lot of people in a bad situation.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #1491 on: June 26, 2018, 01:42:54 AM »

Sorry to hear it. I'll pray for her and for your family.
Pouring Rain and Blairing Music
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1492 on: June 26, 2018, 01:19:15 PM »

Bored af at work. I've been needing to talk to my boss for the last two weeks about a paper I've been working on and he keeps going out of town on more pressing business. He also had me working on an analysis that proved to be fruitless. I've been testing the analysis with other variables to see if there's anything usable and I haven't had any luck.
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #1493 on: June 26, 2018, 01:39:12 PM »

Sorry to hear it. I'll pray for her and for your family.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #1494 on: June 26, 2018, 01:54:15 PM »

Congratulations!!

FWIW as long as you demonstrate the skills/experience learnt it shouldn't hold you back; I did work experience with a Tory MP; and once I said that I was obviously a Labour Member, worked for the party etc no Labour MPs have ever said it's a reason not to hire me.

I know campaign jobs may be a bit different, but it shouldn't be a major hurdle. (I imagine a fair few democrats worked on either Bloomberg/Lieberman campaigns and got democrat jobs afterwards)
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix

« Reply #1495 on: June 26, 2018, 02:15:29 PM »

Congratulations!!

FWIW as long as you demonstrate the skills/experience learnt it shouldn't hold you back; I did work experience with a Tory MP; and once I said that I was obviously a Labour Member, worked for the party etc no Labour MPs have ever said it's a reason not to hire me.

I know campaign jobs may be a bit different, but it shouldn't be a major hurdle. (I imagine a fair few democrats worked on either Bloomberg/Lieberman campaigns and got democrat jobs afterwards)
It’s not like she’s right-wing either; she’s sits on the board of the Maine Gun Safety Coalition and was the union steward at her job. She just thinks the incumbent Democrat is a do-nothing legislator and that the party itself no longer represents the people, but rather special interests. And she isn’t wrong.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #1496 on: June 26, 2018, 07:59:19 PM »

My prayers go out to your grandma, TCG,
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #1497 on: June 27, 2018, 12:07:39 AM »

I went to the doc yesterday for a well checkup and they said I weighed 188 even though Monday morning I was 181. They asked me if they should change it, and I told them my ego is not big enough for that. Also, They told me to get myself down to undergarments, and get in a white robe, then I told them the truth that I went "commando", so they just told me to wear my robe over my shorts.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1498 on: June 27, 2018, 08:37:52 AM »

Need your help guys. Save money for tuition, or pay $180 for an REI tent/sleeping bag/mat bundle?
Don Vito Corleone
bruhgmger2
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -5.91

« Reply #1499 on: June 27, 2018, 01:48:24 PM »

Well fellas, this is something I've wanted to get off my chest for a while.

Those of you who are on the discord will "know" that I hail from Westchester County. I put the quote marks around know because I don't actually live in Westchester.

You see, when I set up my atlas account, me and my family were visiting some of my dads old friends from when he lived in New York (he lived there before 2002, and believe it or not he said one of the reasons he moved to Canada was because he couldn't stand George Bush). So, I set my avatar to D-NY, meaning to change it when we got home, but I just never got around to it. Then, after having my avatar as D-NY for months, I decided to just roll with the story that I lived in Westchester, because why not?

So yeah, I don't actually live in Westchester (sorry to disappoint you Spenstar, but hey, least now you know why I turned down those Jimmy Fallon tickets you offered). I live in Canada, in a place called Mississauga, which is split about 60-40 between White Canadians and Immigrants. It's a very important place politically, and we get A LOT of media attention and visits during election campaigns.

Just a note, with Kennedy retiring, I have never been more glad to NOT live in America. Tongue
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 ... 79  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies