Update for Everyone VI: What Is and What Should Never Be
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 20, 2024, 07:09:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone VI: What Is and What Should Never Be
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 ... 79
Author Topic: Update for Everyone VI: What Is and What Should Never Be  (Read 143124 times)
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1425 on: June 18, 2018, 11:06:10 AM »

Well, summer has finally come and I'm back.

Among other things that happened, I've finally submitted and defended my dissertation prospectus, which means that starting next year I'll be working full-time on my dissertation.

What will it be about?

How globalization is reshaping political cleavages in developed democracies. #relevant
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1426 on: June 18, 2018, 01:34:14 PM »

Well, summer has finally come and I'm back.

Among other things that happened, I've finally submitted and defended my dissertation prospectus, which means that starting next year I'll be working full-time on my dissertation.

What will it be about?

How globalization is reshaping political cleavages in developed democracies. #relevant

A-ha!
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #1427 on: June 19, 2018, 10:34:29 AM »
« Edited: June 19, 2018, 10:37:50 AM by HillGoose »

My only goal in life is really to prove everyone wrong who ever mistreated me or doubted me, and make them feel worthless in comparison to me.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1428 on: June 19, 2018, 10:42:28 AM »

My only goal in life is really to prove everyone wrong who ever mistreated me or doubted me, and make them feel worthless in comparison to me.

We should strive to be motivated by love, not hate.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #1429 on: June 19, 2018, 11:04:04 AM »

Thinking like that led me to what some called white nationalism (I disagree, but whatever it was, it was still ugly). There are bigger and better things to be motivated by.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #1430 on: June 19, 2018, 01:08:43 PM »

Thinking like that led me to what some called white nationalism (I disagree, but whatever it was, it was still ugly). There are bigger and better things to be motivated by.

My family are white, and since my post was about them I don't see how I'd be drawn into white nationalism by that.

It's just... they thought it was funny to watch me suffer as a child yet now I'm bad for not caring about them? Where's the logic in that?

On top of that, even if I did care about them, they would never appreciate it. They'd take my help and go right back to treating me like dirt.

Anyway I don't know why I even posted that earlier, it was stupid.

But I'm actually freaked out about something right now. Last night something bizarre happened to my mouth/throat, and I'm concerned I might be allergic to something. I know I have a food allergy to chocolate (eating even a little chocolate will give me several sores inside my mouth) but this wasn't that. I didn't eat chocolate or anything at all actually that I haven't eaten before, yet last night I suddenly got this horrible pain in the back right side of my jaw, and the right side of my throat felt like it was swelling up as well. The swelling on my jaw/gums was so bad I couldn't close my mouth last night, so with that plus the pain I didn't get much sleep, and today it's been getting better, the swelling is still there in my gums but my throat is better and I'm not hurting nearly as much, unless I actually touch my gums there.

It's just strange to me, it's only the back right corner of my gums and only the right side of my throat that were swollen and hurting.

I don't understand it.
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #1431 on: June 19, 2018, 02:25:43 PM »

You've called yourself a "former white nationalist."  I'm glad you left that path, but please call it what it is.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1432 on: June 19, 2018, 02:27:15 PM »

You've called yourself a "former white nationalist."  I'm glad you left that path, but please call it what it is.
I call myself that because you guys call me that. Just for the sake of simplicity, really. I never embraced the term during that active phase of my life.
YE
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #1433 on: June 20, 2018, 09:58:19 AM »

I’m so out of shape. Yesterday I went swimming and could barely swim across the lane without getting tired and having to stop and rest for a bit.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #1434 on: June 20, 2018, 10:02:48 AM »

I call myself that because you guys call me that. Just for the sake of simplicity, really. I never embraced the term during that active phase of my life.

Just embrace it dude.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #1435 on: June 20, 2018, 12:56:56 PM »

This summer, I’ve decided to really get cracking on losing weight. My weight has never been horribly out of control, but it’s still been somewhat of a concern. Since May, I’ve lost 13 pounds through watching my appetite more and playing basketball whenever I can. I got to this point last year, but the arrival of a stressful school year brought my weight back up to where it was and a little more so let’s see if I can keep it low for awhile longer Tongue
Cold War Liberal
KennedyWannabe99
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.53

« Reply #1436 on: June 20, 2018, 01:13:39 PM »

Roommate and his 90 pound girlfriend do a ton of a coke. Roommate and 90 pound girlfriend get into a fight. Roommate kicks out 90 pound girlfriend. 90 pound girlfriend then pounds on the door for two solid hours until 4:30 AM. Rooommate's 90 pound girl girlfriend then decides to throw months old rotten eggs she found in a bush at our door and window. Roommates 90 pound girlfriend then texts me threatening to "finks up all your shinks." Roomate's 90 pound girlfriend gets blocked on Sanchez's phone. Roommates 90 pound girlfriend then adds Sanchez on Snap and threatens to kick his ass. Roommate's 90 pound girlfriend finally empties our trashbags all over the front steps and leaves. Sanchez tired. Sanchez goes to sleep and wakes up at noon. Sanchez spend rainy afternoon wiping rotten egg off the door and puking into the neighbor's bushes. Sanchez out of marijuana. Sanchez is pissed.
>Florida

Sounds about right
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #1437 on: June 20, 2018, 08:18:41 PM »

My Dutch friends would laugh at this but Update for Everyone is just right for it: I just did this very Dutch thing for the first time, i.e. buying a joint. Not for me (don't like it), but for my roommate's gf, who had forgotten her ID and I still owed her a few euros for a pizza. So I went to the "coffee shop" (aka pot store) which is incredibly close to my place, literally a minute away. Entered the place, looked at the menu, said what I wanted, paid 3 euros (1 joint with hash), took it and left. No ID questions, nothing. Literally as easy as getting eggs at the corner store and it didn't take me much longer either. Wow! My roommate's gf laughed at me for not having done this before though...
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1438 on: June 20, 2018, 08:19:35 PM »

My Dutch friends would laugh at this but Update for Everyone is just right for it: I just did this very Dutch thing for the first time, i.e. buying a joint. Not for me (don't like it), but for my roommate's gf, who had forgotten her ID and I still owed her a few euros for a pizza. So I went to the "coffee shop" (aka pot store) which is incredibly close to my place, literally a minute away. Entered the place, looked at the menu, said what I wanted, payed 3 euros (1 joint with hash), took it and left. No ID questions, nothing. Literally as easy as getting eggs at the corner store and it didn't take me much longer either. Wow! My roommate's gf laughed at me for not having done this before though...

I worry about you so. Stay away!
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #1439 on: June 20, 2018, 08:33:59 PM »

My Dutch friends would laugh at this but Update for Everyone is just right for it: I just did this very Dutch thing for the first time, i.e. buying a joint. Not for me (don't like it), but for my roommate's gf, who had forgotten her ID and I still owed her a few euros for a pizza. So I went to the "coffee shop" (aka pot store) which is incredibly close to my place, literally a minute away. Entered the place, looked at the menu, said what I wanted, payed 3 euros (1 joint with hash), took it and left. No ID questions, nothing. Literally as easy as getting eggs at the corner store and it didn't take me much longer either. Wow! My roommate's gf laughed at me for not having done this before though...
Haha, thanks! I will -- not hard whatsoever. Tried it a few times with friends, I don't enjoy it and it makes me cough my lungs out, as I don't smoke. The last time I did it was on the Brexit referendum night, when I got very, very "stronken", as we Dutch say: stoned and "dronken"/drunk (left a fair number of sh**tposts here too). So I don't enjoy it and don't expect to go back there anytime soon. But still something a Dutch person probably should have experienced.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1440 on: June 20, 2018, 08:46:38 PM »

Haha, thanks! I will -- not hard whatsoever. Tried it a few times with friends, I don't enjoy it and it makes me cough my lungs out, as I don't smoke. The last time I did it was on the Brexit referendum night, when I got very, very "stronken", as we Dutch say: stoned and "dronken"/drunk (left a fair number of sh**tposts here too). So I don't enjoy it and don't expect to go back there anytime soon. But still something a Dutch person probably should have experienced.
Round here in 'Merica, we call that being crossfaded. I want to go to Amsterdam soooo bad.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #1441 on: June 20, 2018, 09:29:14 PM »

Round here in 'Merica, we call that being crossfaded. I want to go to Amsterdam soooo bad.
Was already looking for the English equivalent... hit me up in advance if you plan on visiting the Netherlands!
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1442 on: June 21, 2018, 03:02:56 AM »

Just got assaulted by my roommates ex gf. Weighing whether to call the popo.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1443 on: June 21, 2018, 05:37:59 AM »

What is “assaulted” when she’s 90 pounds?
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1444 on: June 21, 2018, 08:15:41 AM »

Two weeks ago I was reminded of a train trip I took when I was 4 and that revealed some places I had been, but hadn't recorded. Next week I leave for a summer vacation that should get me to a personal milestone of being in 2000 counties. To try to determine which will be the 2000th county I went through my notes (and my wife's work log) to update my files. The only thing I think I am missing is the specific route I took and motel along the way to move from Dallas to Omaha in 1963 (no interstates).

As a byproduct of that work I ended up with a sequence of maps showing which counties I had been in at different points in time. I put a sequence together from the end of 2006 to the present in two year increments as my count has gone from 1111 counties to 1955.

Red: resided at least 2 months during a year and received mail
Blue: slept at least 4 continuous hours while not in motion
Cyan: visited intentionally a person, place, or thing
Green: traveled through on car or foot including incidental stops for gas or food
Yellow: cruised through by airport, rail, or water only
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #1445 on: June 21, 2018, 09:23:54 AM »

You should start your own Update thread on this saga.  I'm intrigued.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1446 on: June 21, 2018, 09:40:54 AM »

I have no idea why you're using the past tense.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1447 on: June 21, 2018, 10:44:47 AM »

What is “assaulted” when she’s 90 pounds?
Being pushed down the stairs while carrying up the chairs she threw over.

Hardy har har.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1448 on: June 21, 2018, 10:50:06 AM »

Hardy har har.

I wasn't joking.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #1449 on: June 21, 2018, 11:15:45 AM »

I'm in the brainstorming/research process for a novel about a Mormon civil war.
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 ... 79  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies