Update for Everyone VI: What Is and What Should Never Be
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 13, 2024, 01:21:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone VI: What Is and What Should Never Be
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 ... 79
Author Topic: Update for Everyone VI: What Is and What Should Never Be  (Read 142826 times)
Trans Rights Are Human Rights
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1225 on: May 10, 2018, 11:33:55 AM »

Trying to explain to the teacher who caught me cheating why it's a bad idea to treat me this nicely over it. I cheat on pretty much every test I've ever taken, and not only that, I also manipulate everyone who dares defy me by pointing out that I'm objectively the worst person they've ever met, and all they give me is a slap on the wrist? If there were any justice in the world, I'd be dead right now.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #1226 on: May 10, 2018, 01:33:44 PM »

I'm planning on asking a girl out on Friday. Even if she says yes, I have no clue what to do for a first date.

Wish me luck, Atlas Peeps. I'll need it.

Good luck!  Are you planning to ask her to lunch/dinner/coffee or to hang out?  I'd suggest a public(ish) activity for the first date until you guys get to know each other better.  My current girlfriend (going on 9 months and moving in together somewhat soon) and I went on our first date just for a beer at a relatively low key place, second date was appetizers on a patio and the third date was a movie at her place.  I think it made for a good mix/pace!
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1227 on: May 10, 2018, 02:41:50 PM »

I'm planning on asking a girl out on Friday. Even if she says yes, I have no clue what to do for a first date.

Netflix and chill
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1228 on: May 10, 2018, 02:46:09 PM »

Three week-long backpacking trip in Europe/South America.
Don Vito Corleone
bruhgmger2
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -5.91

« Reply #1229 on: May 10, 2018, 05:41:46 PM »

Good luck!  Are you planning to ask her to lunch/dinner/coffee or to hang out?  I'd suggest a public(ish) activity for the first date until you guys get to know each other better.  My current girlfriend (going on 9 months and moving in together somewhat soon) and I went on our first date just for a beer at a relatively low key place, second date was appetizers on a patio and the third date was a movie at her place.  I think it made for a good mix/pace!
I think a coffeeshop is a good place for a first date. Assuming we can even find one we can both reach, considering she lives like a good 20-30 minutes from me.
mvd10
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.58, S: -2.61

« Reply #1230 on: May 10, 2018, 06:16:49 PM »

Good luck!  Are you planning to ask her to lunch/dinner/coffee or to hang out?  I'd suggest a public(ish) activity for the first date until you guys get to know each other better.  My current girlfriend (going on 9 months and moving in together somewhat soon) and I went on our first date just for a beer at a relatively low key place, second date was appetizers on a patio and the third date was a movie at her place.  I think it made for a good mix/pace!
I think a coffeeshop is a good place for a first date. Assuming we can even find one we can both reach, considering she lives like a good 20-30 minutes from me.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coffeeshop_(Netherlands)
Brilliant idea Smiley
Don Vito Corleone
bruhgmger2
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #1231 on: May 11, 2018, 03:32:51 PM »

Aaand she wasn't at school. Guess I'll have to put it off till next Friday.
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #1232 on: May 11, 2018, 03:43:18 PM »

Aaand she wasn't at school. Guess I'll have to put it off till next Friday.

Bruh...if your in NYC....take her to a terrible art show in Queens/Brooklyn to laugh at the hipsters
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -0.87

P P P
« Reply #1233 on: May 11, 2018, 03:44:32 PM »

I have the most boring school ever, I take half the class to finish all the assignments.
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #1234 on: May 11, 2018, 10:28:58 PM »

Well, as of this morning, I'm a college grad.  According to Atlas, I should be a neoliberal Democrat who was Republican until Trump but now votes straight ticket Democratic! Smiley
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #1235 on: May 12, 2018, 02:10:32 AM »

Why are there so many people on this website with about or less than 1000 posts who act like they own the place
Oh my Gawd I know right? One of my biggest Atlas pet-peeves.

Sanchez has been on the vanguard of complaining about over-comfortable new kids.
You earn your place here Tongue

Don’t you guys remember being over-comfortable newbies? Tongue

In personal news: the musical is over, and I’ve turned to doing a bunch of other weird theater-kid-y activities to fill the void. Also, prom is tomorrow.
Don Vito Corleone
bruhgmger2
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #1236 on: May 12, 2018, 07:34:46 AM »

Well, as of this morning, I'm a college grad.  According to Atlas, I should be a neoliberal Democrat who was Republican until Trump but now votes straight ticket Democratic! Smiley
Were you the only Social Conservative in your college social circle or were there others?
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1237 on: May 12, 2018, 12:55:16 PM »

Wrote out 5.5 pages of summaries on six articles for a professor I'm helping (and included extensive notes, most of which were taken earlier). We've got a due date at the end of July, I believe, regarding public administration in SSA. Far from my forte, so some of this stuff is pretty interesting; other material is exceptionally bland. Still far more fulfilling than what I do forty hours a week.
YE
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #1238 on: May 12, 2018, 01:06:31 PM »

About to fly home to the silver state for summer.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #1239 on: May 12, 2018, 05:28:25 PM »

It was 97 degrees here.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1240 on: May 12, 2018, 06:09:06 PM »

I finally decided to work on my mail-in ballot (since I haven't officially switched residence over to Texas), I've only got a few weeks before I have to return to The Lone Star State for a Summer Session (which I hope doesn't whoop me like last semester did).

Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1241 on: May 12, 2018, 06:30:41 PM »

I finally decided to work on my mail-in ballot (since I haven't officially switched residence over to Texas), I've only got a few weeks before I have to return to The Lone Star State for a Summer Session (which I hope doesn't whoop me like last semester did).

Whoops, didn't see the Mayor of Richmond on the list for Lt. Gov, or should I say that I confused her for a Libertarian with a similar name....oh well.
NEW JERSEY FOR MENENDEZ
Admiral President
YaBB God
United States Minor Outlying Islands

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -0.70

P P P

« Reply #1242 on: May 12, 2018, 06:33:35 PM »

My dad called me an embarrassment and said he doesn't want to see me or hear from me again.

Sad
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1243 on: May 12, 2018, 06:55:04 PM »

My dad called me an embarrassment and said he doesn't want to see me or hear from me again.

Sad

That's why we should never tell people that we post here.

But seriously, that sucks.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1244 on: May 12, 2018, 09:57:32 PM »

I think I've come to terms with my life faltering into mediocrity. I don't feel sad about it, which is somewhat concerning.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #1245 on: May 12, 2018, 11:02:07 PM »

Today was basically a really long reminder that I'm old.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #1246 on: May 12, 2018, 11:45:59 PM »
« Edited: May 13, 2018, 04:59:21 AM by Parrotguy »

I went with a few friends to watch the Eurovision in a Jerusalem gay bar yesterday night. I'm now sleep-deprived but DAMN it was awesome! The cheering whenever Netta sang, the tension when we appeared to be losing and then the happiness when we won made for a really cool vibe I didn't feel for a long time. Cheesy I also think that never in my life have I seen so many happy lgbtq people in Israel celebrating victory, considering the homophobes always win politically Tongue
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1247 on: May 13, 2018, 01:01:28 AM »

Sad

sh**t, i'm sorry
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #1248 on: May 13, 2018, 04:53:01 AM »

I had an interview last week with a Labour MP about working in their parliamentary office. Was really happy to get shortlisted (as the competition is fierce) and spend the whole week preparing for various interview questions.

I walked into the office, and got asked two questions.

1.) I've looked at your CV, what else do you have to say about yourself?

2.) Do you have any other questions.

It's my first proper interview for a job, but aren't they usually suppose to ask slightly more in-depth questions?

I didn't get the job, which was quite disappointing as I'd be spend ages building up to it. I forgot how morally draining it is applying for jobs these days.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1249 on: May 13, 2018, 09:21:42 AM »

It could be that it took all of two questions for the interviewer to decide you weren't what they were looking for and ended the interview early, but more likely that the MP in question was doing a multistage process and was asking just those couple of questions to winnow down the medium list you were on down to an actual short list for time consuming in-depth interviews. A single stage of interviews is not that common these days.
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 ... 79  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies