Trump approval ratings thread 1.2
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 06:01:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump approval ratings thread 1.2
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 ... 78
Author Topic: Trump approval ratings thread 1.2  (Read 185865 times)
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1050 on: January 03, 2018, 09:43:12 PM »

It's pretty remarkable that Reaganfan would so gladly see his own mother raped as long as it might upset liberals. The moral bankrupcy of Republicans really has no end.

You really like generalizing people don't you? While I think he mean't differently from what he stated, it was a little screwed up with the teacher story. But please don't lump all republicans into the same boat...

Take a look at what your party has become and what you have helped enable. Then you can get back to us about generalizations. Roll Eyes
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1051 on: January 03, 2018, 11:52:23 PM »

We hear what you say, but we don't care anymore.

Nobody cares more than Trump and his supporters....they bitch and moan everyday non stop about imagined or perceived slights. Trump and his supporters are arguably the whiniest bitches out any electoral group I've ever seen....they are worse than most victimized lefties.

And frankly, naso is the whiniest bitchiest snowflake out there.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1052 on: January 03, 2018, 11:54:35 PM »

One thing I've always wondered is, what did Donald J. Trump ever do to deserve this kind of loyalty and trust from his supporters? All he did was run his mouth for 1.5 years leading up the election, and bam, instant loyalty. God, I mean even I never trusted Obama like that. Especially not Clinton either (both of them - although Bill was getting elected for the first time as I was being born, so he is mostly irrelevant to me). It doesn't seem to matter what the accusation against Trump is - the first thing that runs through their mind is, "this must be bs," and every thought thereafter is just a series of attempts to delegitimize or argue against it. It doesn't matter what it is. A tape comes out showing him bragging about groping women, then accusers follow backing it up, and no, it's just "locker room talk." He makes fun of a disabled journalist on STAGE AT A RALLY ON LIVE TV, and suddenly it's "just a joke." Crickets on his scam Trump University. "It's nothing" on his super profitable DC hotel while he's president, with international diplomats pouring money into it to curry favor. Crickets! And finally when they admit something must be true, they then say "it doesn't matter." For christs sake, if you just care about your party holding power, just say it. Just say the man is a trash-talking liar, but at least you're getting the policy you want. At least that's being honest.

Again, I just don't get what this man has ever done to deserve such loyalty. He's not a nice man. He's such a blatant jerk and has a solid reputation for putting himself first and lying day and night right through his teeth. It's not even like it's hard to prove it most of the time. He lies blatantly, even when he's caught. It's just become so normal for this to happen that hardly anyone brings it up anymore. And god forbid I link politifact, as Trump long ago labeled that FAKE NEWS and his followers instinctively treat it as such, even though they document his falsehoods - which are way higher than past presidents and presidential candidates. Did it ever dawn on them why Trump has so viciously gone after every single institution that can or has tried to put a check on his power? The media. Fact-checking sites. LAW ENFORCEMENT. How is it not obvious what he's trying to do?

As a new year's resolution, I just hope for some Trump supporters to take a step back and maybe try to assess the situation a bit more objectively. Genuinely ask themselves whether they may trust Trump a little too much, or at least WHY do they trust him so much. Maybe wonder if any politician deserves that, but particularly one with so much bad history.

I think it's combinations of class, race, gender and cultural wars.

One reason I accurately predicted Trump's possible victory, despite being torn apart by people on this message board, was because I see myself and my family as your traditional white-working class American household.

My mom went to Catholic school but isn't overtly religious and doesn't go to church regularly. She voted for Obama twice but is against gay marriage, rolls her eyes at racial things like "black lives matters" and voted enthusiastically for Donald Trump. She would care less if there was a true Muslim ban in the country. She has no vested interest in any liberal causes. She can jam to a Beyonce song but rolls her eyes when she wears a black panthers-type outfit at a Superbowl halftime show. She roots for Lebron James but rolls her eyes or shrugs when he campaigns with Hillary Clinton.

Basically, she's not ideological. She votes for who makes her comfortable. Now you might wonder, why would a 49 year old woman be comfortable with a guy like Donald Trump? Well, she graduated High School in 1986 in Cleveland Ohio. The people around her were predominately Italians, Polish, and almost all Catholic. They had pictures of Pope John Paul II on their walls, idolized stories about the wonderful J.F.K. and voted for Ronald Reagan. They lived in almost all white neighborhoods, and she grew up with three brothers and is twice married with a conservative old-fashioned son (me).

My mother told me a story recently that I was really shocked by. She said when she was 18 years old, on her last day of High School in what would have been June 1986, her photography class teacher asked her to join him in the "darkroom" after class. She said he was an "average looking normal 30-something year old guy". He turned on the light and hung up all over the walls of the room were pictures he had taken of her during class the entire school-year. Working on papers, writing, sitting in her chair at her desk.

I said, "What the heck! He probably had the hots for you and was like obsessed. What happened?"

She shrugged and said, "Meh, I didn't care. I was just like, "wow thanks" and left."

I couldn't help but think that in that naive Catholic Polish politically incorrect Cleveland classroom in 1986 how nobody would have cared. Today, it would be a nationwide school scandal. My mother was completely oblivious and undeterred by the entire thing.

Things were different in our culture. One movie I loved was a Touchstone Disney film called "Adventures in Babysitting". This was a funny scene at the beginning:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=og-pk5lXroU

Do you think my family or me and my sisters were offended? Do you think we were scarred? Do you think we cried? We did not care. Nobody did. Many still don't.

I think the reason Clinton lost white women over 40 is because these are mostly women like my mom. They do believe that "boys will be boys" and "locker room talk". They shrug at things. They really DON'T CARE. What did Savannah Guthrie say on NBC on election night? "The Trump voters are saying "WE HEAR YOU...BUT WE DON'T CARE."

We hear what you say, but we don't care anymore.

Have you ever considered the experience traumatized your mother far more than either you or she imagined? Like, to the point where she has such weird issues with sex that she will publicly extol the size of her son's genitalia in Facebook posts? Just saying....
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1053 on: January 04, 2018, 07:30:52 AM »

Like, to the point where she has such weird issues with sex that she will publicly extol the size of her son's genitalia in Facebook posts? Just saying....

What? When did that happen?
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1054 on: January 04, 2018, 08:35:28 AM »

This is a disaster! How can Gallup take the daily updates away from us Sad? What else am I supposed to obsess over?

<whispering "I know it'll never be the same.  The magic is gone.  But as a pale memory of the real thing...">

Ras

Ipsos/Reuters

You’re just a shade... you’re just a shade of my real tracking poll. All your movements, all your non-movements... you’re the best poll I can find, but I’m sorry, you’re just not good enough

(Ten points to whoever can name the reference)
Edu
Ufokart
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #1055 on: January 04, 2018, 11:41:28 AM »

Like, to the point where she has such weird issues with sex that she will publicly extol the size of her son's genitalia in Facebook posts? Just saying....

Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1056 on: January 04, 2018, 12:01:53 PM »

Creepy family.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1057 on: January 04, 2018, 12:10:59 PM »

You see, Gallup? You see what happens when you close the tracking poll? We have nothing to talk about except Naso's genitals. This is your fault, Gallup.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1058 on: January 04, 2018, 12:36:35 PM »

You see, Gallup? You see what happens when you close the tracking poll? We have nothing to talk about except Naso's genitals. This is your fault, Gallup.

And there are too many dicks out as there is!
LimoLiberal
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.71, S: -4.00

« Reply #1059 on: January 04, 2018, 12:37:48 PM »

Rasmussen
Approve: 45 (+1)
Disapprove 53 (-1)

No signs that his holiday bump is wearing off.
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #1060 on: January 04, 2018, 12:41:57 PM »

Rasmussen
Approve: 45 (+1)
Disapprove 53 (-1)

No signs that his holiday bump is wearing off.

Holiday bumps usually wear off around mid January f.y.i. That being said, Rasmussen has had Trump stable in the mid to low 40s since August. If your looking to them for signs of movement, your going to be disappointed.
henster
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1061 on: January 04, 2018, 12:58:21 PM »

Looking at RCP they have YouGov (43/54) and Reuters (41/54)
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1062 on: January 04, 2018, 12:59:15 PM »

Does anyone know what his "approval" was on Election Day 2016? I'm curious.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1063 on: January 04, 2018, 01:00:23 PM »

None, you can't measure approval for someone who is not in any office.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1064 on: January 04, 2018, 01:04:23 PM »

None, you can't measure approval for someone who is not in any office.

"Favorability" ratings then?
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1065 on: January 04, 2018, 01:11:09 PM »

CNN's exit poll had Trump 38 Favorable, 60 Unfavorable on election day...and this is an exit poll, so it's just of actual voters. Hillary Clinton was at 43 Favorable, 55 Unfavorable.

Trump's key was that he decisively won in among the 18% that were Unfavorable towards both candidates (that group went 47% Trump, 30% Clinton, 23% Other, and pretty much the entire Other vote came out of that group).
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1066 on: January 04, 2018, 01:25:01 PM »

CNN's exit poll had Trump 38 Favorable, 60 Unfavorable on election day...and this is an exit poll, so it's just of actual voters. Hillary Clinton was at 43 Favorable, 55 Unfavorable.

Trump's key was that he decisively won in among the 18% that were Unfavorable towards both candidates (that group went 47% Trump, 30% Clinton, 23% Other, and pretty much the entire Other vote came out of that group).

If that group was evenly split, the EV would have perfectly flipped the other way.
henster
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1067 on: January 04, 2018, 02:42:28 PM »

SurveyMonkey 44/54

https://www.surveymonkey.com/curiosity/republicans-boost-trump-approval-rating/
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #1068 on: January 04, 2018, 04:51:37 PM »

Only 18% disapproved of both candidates? That is a surprise.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1069 on: January 04, 2018, 05:51:40 PM »

President Trump got elected with the aid of right-wing identity politics. He also created large numbers of offended peoople. Republicans will pay for that -- if they have not yet started paying for that. (Doug Jones may simply be the result of an unusually-objectionable opponent).

This President has hurt too many persons to be re-elected in a free and fair election.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #1070 on: January 04, 2018, 08:48:53 PM »

Thank god. You all need to get a life and take a Xanax. Nobody sane gives a f**k whether Trump's approval was -3 or +2 on a particular day, which by the way IS MOSTLY STATISTICAL NOISE ANYWAY.
forgotten manatee
bluecat
United States

« Reply #1071 on: January 04, 2018, 09:28:04 PM »

Thank god. You all need to get a life and take a Xanax. Nobody sane gives a f**k whether Trump's approval was -3 or +2 on a particular day, which by the way IS MOSTLY STATISTICAL NOISE ANYWAY.

Agreed. So when does the weekly poll average get released?!
LimoLiberal
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.71, S: -4.00

« Reply #1072 on: January 05, 2018, 09:58:23 AM »

Rasmussen 1/5/18

Approve 44 (-1)
Disapprove 54 (+1)
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1073 on: January 05, 2018, 10:00:42 AM »

Agreed. So when does the weekly poll average get released?!

Gallup's new weekly average?  Mondays at 1pm ET.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1074 on: January 05, 2018, 11:55:27 AM »

The exact same thing applies to weekly, monthly, or any time period. It's based on the margin of error, not how often you measure it.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 ... 78  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies