Trump approval ratings thread 1.2
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 14, 2024, 09:37:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump approval ratings thread 1.2
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 ... 78
Author Topic: Trump approval ratings thread 1.2  (Read 187096 times)
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1075 on: January 05, 2018, 03:09:00 PM »

Lucid weekly opinion survey, Jan 3, 929 adults

Approve 37 (+1)
Disapprove 50 (-4)

True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1076 on: January 05, 2018, 03:21:01 PM »

I'm shocked that 37% of lucid people would approve of Trump.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1077 on: January 05, 2018, 03:24:47 PM »

Thank god. You all need to get a life and take a Xanax. Nobody sane gives a f**k whether Trump's approval was -3 or +2 on a particular day, which by the way IS MOSTLY STATISTICAL NOISE ANYWAY.

The exact same thing applies to weekly, monthly, or any time period. It's based on the margin of error, not how often you measure it.

I think the specific problem with daily tracking poll is that you have a three-day running average, so your daily sample size is minuscule for any one day. With a weekly tracking poll, you gather all those responses at once.
forgotten manatee
bluecat
United States

« Reply #1078 on: January 05, 2018, 05:04:50 PM »

Interested to see how his approvals fare after all of these Russiagate shoes dropping, the border wall getting scrapped, and the falllout with Bannon over that stupid book.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1079 on: January 05, 2018, 05:53:49 PM »

Interested to see how his approvals fare after all of these Russiagate shoes dropping, the border wall getting scrapped, and the falllout with Bannon over that stupid book.

It could improve if it just jerks off the nihilists.
super6646
Canada

« Reply #1080 on: January 05, 2018, 07:15:57 PM »

Ipsos (sample size of 1259 adults):

Approval: 42% (+1)

Disapproval: 54%

Ipsos (sample size of 1055 registered voters):

Approval: 43% (-1)

Disapproval: 54%

Is rated A- according to 538, so it should be alright. Little change overall from yesterday, with adults approving of Trump increasing slightly, while also decreasing slightly with registered voters. This is also as of January 4th.

Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1081 on: January 05, 2018, 08:24:11 PM »

Usually when Trump's approval begins to tick back up, a bombshell leaks and ruins it. We saw that with Mike Flynn's flip and Manafort's indictment. Although not a bombshell, the Puerto Rico blunder destroyed his bump from Houston. I wouldn't at all be shocked if this causes Trump to tick back down. It seems the book is flying off of the shelves.
LimoLiberal
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.71, S: -4.00

« Reply #1082 on: January 05, 2018, 11:12:48 PM »

Usually when Trump's approval begins to tick back up, a bombshell leaks and ruins it. We saw that with Mike Flynn's flip and Manafort's indictment. Although not a bombshell, the Puerto Rico blunder destroyed his bump from Houston. I wouldn't at all be shocked if this causes Trump to tick back down. It seems the book is flying off of the shelves.

I mostly agree, but on the other hand, I feel like his recent approvals aren't getting the attention they should. He's improved rapidly in basically every poll, and I don't know if its holiday bump or tax reform or whatever but it looks hypocritical that the media is barely covering it when they constantly blare "Trump is the most unpopular president ever".

Of course, he's still not popular by any margin, when his best poll is -10.
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #1083 on: January 06, 2018, 09:43:09 AM »
« Edited: January 06, 2018, 09:49:28 AM by superbudgie1582 »

I done goofed! Super sorry.
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #1084 on: January 06, 2018, 09:46:06 AM »

Quinnipiac
Approval: 35%(-3)
Disapproval: 58%(+3)

https://poll.qu.edu/national/release-detail?ReleaseID=2504

"American voters disapprove of the tax plan 53 - 29 percent"

"Voters believe 50 - 40 percent that people in the Trump campaign coordinated with the Russian government to interfere in the campaign."

BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #1085 on: January 06, 2018, 09:48:04 AM »

wait wait wait, the poll is old THE POLL IS OLD
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #1086 on: January 06, 2018, 09:49:18 AM »

wait wait wait, the poll is old THE POLL IS OLD

BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #1087 on: January 06, 2018, 09:50:16 AM »

I blame Harry Enten for retweeting it. Totally not my fault for not reading.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1088 on: January 06, 2018, 11:39:48 AM »

Taking a look at 538, what's really interesting is that it's been two weeks since there has been a poll released that was worse for Trump than his then current rolling average, yet there also haven't been any that have been significantly outside the 90% confidence range. The pattern is suggestive that Turmp's core disapprovals haven't changed, just that his being relatively quiet over the holidays kept him from aggravating people who are only peripherally interested in politics.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

P P P

« Reply #1089 on: January 06, 2018, 06:44:42 PM »

Congressional GOPers will be judged on if Trump has made America Great Again.  And all they have passed was Tax Reform
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #1090 on: January 06, 2018, 09:22:22 PM »

It's pretty remarkable that Reaganfan would so gladly see his own mother raped as long as it might upset liberals. The moral bankrupcy of Republicans really has no end.

You really like generalizing people don't you? While I think he mean't differently from what he stated, it was a little screwed up with the teacher story. But please don't lump all republicans into the same boat...

I should have added that Republicans are such sensitive snowflakes. A breath of criticism or a crude joke and you lose your minds.

When I disparage Republicans I don't mean everyone who has ever considered themselves Republican. But today the GOP is the party of Trump and there is no way of justifying being one. That is why virtually every Atlas Republican has essentially abandoned them and the only ones left are pro-rape people like Naso, conspiracy nuts like FuzzyBear and people who can't read like Greedo.

Anyone who looks at the present day GOP and tells themselves it's their party is either fine with them and thus morally reprehensible or doesn't understand what is happening and is thus unworthy of intellectual respect. I'm sorry if that hurts your feelings but it's not my fault you people are the way you are.
super6646
Canada

« Reply #1091 on: January 07, 2018, 03:36:04 PM »
« Edited: January 07, 2018, 03:38:22 PM by super6646 »

It's pretty remarkable that Reaganfan would so gladly see his own mother raped as long as it might upset liberals. The moral bankrupcy of Republicans really has no end.

You really like generalizing people don't you? While I think he mean't differently from what he stated, it was a little screwed up with the teacher story. But please don't lump all republicans into the same boat...

I should have added that Republicans are such sensitive snowflakes. A breath of criticism or a crude joke and you lose your minds.

When I disparage Republicans I don't mean everyone who has ever considered themselves Republican. But today the GOP is the party of Trump and there is no way of justifying being one. That is why virtually every Atlas Republican has essentially abandoned them and the only ones left are pro-rape people like Naso, conspiracy nuts like FuzzyBear and people who can't read like Greedo.

Anyone who looks at the present day GOP and tells themselves it's their party is either fine with them and thus morally reprehensible or doesn't understand what is happening and is thus unworthy of intellectual respect. I'm sorry if that hurts your feelings but it's not my fault you people are the way you are.

Why do you feel sorry for me? It seems America is beyond screwed up  since people with different political ideologies should now be hated according to your logic. Doesnt that seem just a bit abnormal to you? I mean in my country, we can have an honest debate and poke fun at the parties we support, but we never seem to make it personal towards one another. Well, I guess that's the way it is I guess...
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #1092 on: January 07, 2018, 04:29:27 PM »

Why do you feel sorry for me? It seems America is beyond screwed up  since people with different political ideologies should now be hated according to your logic. Doesnt that seem just a bit abnormal to you? I mean in my country, we can have an honest debate and poke fun at the parties we support, but we never seem to make it personal towards one another. Well, I guess that's the way it is I guess...
Your country has 1/10th the population with a different system and a completely different history.  Canada also has very moralistic politics while the U.S. generally does not.  The places that do, like Utah or Minnesota, are more like Canada in that staying above the fray is held in high regard.

But when a party wins here, there are so many checks and balances to slow down what they can do.  We aren't a parliamentary system.  The American system is not set up for the age of ideological purity.  We either have to change the system or get away from ideology as a driver of American politics.  Or we'll just get sicker and more inept until something finally breaks.
super6646
Canada

« Reply #1093 on: January 07, 2018, 04:40:41 PM »

Why do you feel sorry for me? It seems America is beyond screwed up  since people with different political ideologies should now be hated according to your logic. Doesnt that seem just a bit abnormal to you? I mean in my country, we can have an honest debate and poke fun at the parties we support, but we never seem to make it personal towards one another. Well, I guess that's the way it is I guess...
Your country has 1/10th the population with a different system and a completely different history.  Canada also has very moralistic politics while the U.S. generally does not.  The places that do, like Utah or Minnesota, are more like Canada in that staying above the fray is held in high regard.

But when a party wins here, there are so many checks and balances to slow down what they can do.  We aren't a parliamentary system.  The American system is not set up for the age of ideological purity.  We either have to change the system or get away from ideology as a driver of American politics.  Or we'll just get sicker and more inept until something finally breaks.

But up until the mid 90s, polorization in the United States weren't an issue. Nobody cried when George HW Bush lost the election of 92. People were far more civil, and the country was willing to work together. Since the days of Bill Clinton and George Bush Jr, this has fallen apart. Democrats nor republicans are keen to fix this issue, because why would they? It's easier to demonize the other side and rile up the base (something both the GOP and democrats have done) so that electoral majorities can be won. This has been going on for so long, that people of different political leanings now hate each other. Republicans hated Obama and the democrats irrationally, and now democrats are taking their turn at it. It can become fanatical and consume people. I mean just looking at how personal it can get on the atlas forums makes me wonder how bad it is in the real world.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #1094 on: January 07, 2018, 06:55:28 PM »

Why do you feel sorry for me? It seems America is beyond screwed up  since people with different political ideologies should now be hated according to your logic. Doesnt that seem just a bit abnormal to you? I mean in my country, we can have an honest debate and poke fun at the parties we support, but we never seem to make it personal towards one another. Well, I guess that's the way it is I guess...

It's not "people with different ideologies" in general. It's specifically people who support sexual assault, racism, nuclear war, dismantling of constitutional freedoms, police brutality, stupidity, etc. I don't dislike people who are right-wing (I'm not even particularly leftwing myself) but when it descends into childish ignorance and hatred there just isn't very much to engage with. There are plenty of thoughtful conservatives here and on Atlas but they tend not to identify as Republicans anymore because it's pretty difficult to do.
Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1095 on: January 08, 2018, 01:04:53 AM »

Trump's approval has quietly been on the uptick, still 15 points underwater though and this is before his tweets this week.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other/president_trump_job_approval-6179.html

The Gallup change is substantial.
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #1096 on: January 08, 2018, 07:59:10 AM »

Trump's approval has quietly been on the uptick, still 15 points underwater though and this is before his tweets this week.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other/president_trump_job_approval-6179.html

The Gallup change is substantial.

We need to wait till mid January to see if this is a Holiday bump or an actual improvement. Doesn't help that the most recent polls are all tracking polls taken over New Years.
LimoLiberal
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.71, S: -4.00

« Reply #1097 on: January 08, 2018, 11:40:52 AM »

Uh oh.

Rasmussen 1/3-7

Approve: 42 (-2)
Disapprove: 56 (+2)

there goes the holiday bump.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1098 on: January 08, 2018, 12:19:03 PM »

Uh oh.

Rasmussen 1/3-7

Approve: 42 (-2)
Disapprove: 56 (+2)

there goes the holiday bump.

pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1099 on: January 08, 2018, 02:00:57 PM »

Actually it is a shift of wealth from the sort of family of Ward Cleaver to the family of Thurston Howell IV. With someone as hollow as Donald Trump all political activity fits a Marxist stereotype. 
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 ... 78  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies