TN-SEN: Return of the Bredi
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 06:36:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  TN-SEN: Return of the Bredi
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 ... 43
Poll
Question: Who Would You Vote For In a Matchup
Phil Bredesen (D)
Marsha Blackburn (R)
The Libertarian
Other
Undecided
Abstain
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: TN-SEN: Return of the Bredi  (Read 93927 times)
JGibson
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.00, S: -6.50

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #725 on: September 06, 2018, 04:49:52 PM »

NBC/Marist has Bredesen (D) up 48%-46% [+2%] over Blackburn (R).

Trump approve/disapprove: 47%-43% [+4%]

OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #726 on: September 06, 2018, 05:27:48 PM »

Great poll, but it’s still a tossup and still a good bit of time left.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #727 on: September 06, 2018, 07:26:03 PM »

True American Patriots for Phil!!

Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #728 on: September 06, 2018, 07:56:35 PM »

Great poll, but it’s still a tossup and still a good bit of time left.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #729 on: September 06, 2018, 10:45:20 PM »

My guess: 48-46 Bredesen in the head-to-head and 47-47-1 with Indies (if they even poll that one).

NBC/Marist has Bredesen (D) up 48%-46% [+2%] over Blackburn (R).

Trump approve/disapprove: 47%-43% [+4%]

Smiley
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #730 on: September 17, 2018, 01:21:34 PM »

Apparently Blackburn posted a video of herself surrounded by University of Memphis cheerleaders chanting "Marsha, Marsha, Marsha" on Facebook.  IRS regulations prohibit public universities from endorsing candidates, and the university has requested that the campaign take down the video.

https://www.commercialappeal.com/story/news/local/the-901/2018/09/17/9-01-u-m-asks-blackburn-remove-tigers-marsha-video/1253918002/

Also this bit:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #731 on: September 18, 2018, 12:39:26 AM »
« Edited: September 18, 2018, 07:34:27 AM by Brittain33 »

These debates are prime opportunities for Bredesen. This is his chance to most outshine Marsha, and I bet he will. He is highly intelligent and put together, especially compared to Marsha lol.
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.84, S: -5.48

« Reply #732 on: September 20, 2018, 11:34:54 AM »

Merge with the megathread if you want.

https://twitter.com/WiredSources/status/1042808998246981632

Not a good look.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #733 on: September 20, 2018, 11:56:17 AM »

That quote is missing the key word: "today" ("too much about what the voters think today.") He was saying that Congress is too reactionary and is only thinking and acting in the present, rather than looking at the long-term implications of their actions. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a Bredesen fanboy. I definitely hate that he praised the TPP at the beginning of the recording, but there's definitely a difference between arguing that Congress shouldn't care about what voters think at all, as opposed to being more careful with their actions and thinking about the future as well.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #734 on: September 20, 2018, 11:58:54 AM »

That quote is missing the key word: "today" ("too much about what the voters think today.") He was saying that Congress is too reactionary and is only thinking and acting in the present, rather than looking at the long-term implications of their actions. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a Bredesen fanboy. I definitely hate that he praised the TPP at the beginning of the recording, but there's definitely a difference between arguing that Congress shouldn't care about what voters think at all, as opposed to being more careful with their actions and thinking about the future as well.

But regardless of intentions it really isn't a good look.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #735 on: September 20, 2018, 12:05:32 PM »

But regardless of intentions it really isn't a good look.

Honestly, listening to it a couple times, it doesn't sound quite as bad as what the thread's title says. I mean even if you cut out everything except "About what the voters think today," there isn't enough there to get him in a really good "gotcha" moment. It's not like he flat out said "People care too much about what the voters think."

Blackburn/other groups will have to add a lot of their own wording to this and that may not work out the same than if he said it himself.
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #736 on: September 20, 2018, 12:11:10 PM »

Republicans certainly dont care what the voters think. Unless your telling me the two Obamacare repeal attempts or the upcoming entitlement reform fights are actually what the voter want.
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.84, S: -5.48

« Reply #737 on: September 20, 2018, 04:40:35 PM »

Republicans certainly dont care what the voters think. Unless your telling me the two Obamacare repeal attempts or the upcoming entitlement reform fights are actually what the voter want.

Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #738 on: September 20, 2018, 05:41:23 PM »

Dank meme!

Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #739 on: September 20, 2018, 07:09:17 PM »

Dank meme!

What the hell is going on in that gif!? Carl assaulting Hank Hill with a croissant with a shark and a...what? It was pretty damn funny though.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #740 on: September 20, 2018, 07:19:11 PM »

Dank meme!

What the hell is going on in that gif!? Carl assaulting Hank Hill with a croissant with a shark and a...what? It was pretty damn funny though.

And the yee dinosaur and some random african american dude at the end.
Arkansas Yankee
United States
« Reply #741 on: September 21, 2018, 10:55:35 AM »

The NRA goes after Bredesen for using his 2002 ranking of A instead of hois current D rating.

https://freebeacon.com/politics/nra-demands-tennessee-dem-retract-ad-featuring-old-rating/

I think Bredesen has finally made the strategic mistake that will finally bring him down.  He would have been better for him to have stayed away from the issue or explained his current differences with the NRA rather than misstating his current ranking.  This merely emphasizes the weasel he as become. It opens him for attacks in other areas.

Since my wife has ordered me to plan to move to middle Tennessee next year and become a Tennessee Yankee, l look forward to Bredesen’s political demise. 
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #742 on: September 21, 2018, 11:12:40 AM »

The NRA goes after Bredesen for using his 2002 ranking of A instead of hois current D rating.

https://freebeacon.com/politics/nra-demands-tennessee-dem-retract-ad-featuring-old-rating/

I think Bredesen has finally made the strategic mistake that will finally bring him down.  He would have been better for him to have stayed away from the issue or explained his current differences with the NRA rather than misstating his current ranking.  This merely emphasizes the weasel he as become. It opens him for attacks in other areas.

Since my wife has ordered me to plan to move to middle Tennessee next year and become a Tennessee Yankee, l look forward to Bredesen’s political demise. 

Just curious, are there any Democrats you like or would support? Or are you a partisan Republican? Bredesen is someone I would think could appeal to Republicans on some level.

(not hitting you for potentially being partisan, since I fully admit I'm a partisan Democrat)
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #743 on: September 21, 2018, 12:18:52 PM »

Just curious, are there any Democrats you like or would support? Or are you a partisan Republican? Bredesen is someone I would think could appeal to Republicans on some level.

(not hitting you for potentially being partisan, since I fully admit I'm a partisan Democrat)

To be fair, if Bredesen actually did that, it is really wrong.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #744 on: September 25, 2018, 12:14:53 PM »

By the way, the first senate debate between Bredesen and Blackburn takes place tonight at 6 pm.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #745 on: September 25, 2018, 07:36:39 PM »

Bredesen is trouncing Blackburn in this debate, she's having issues answering some questions.
TML
Junior Chimp

« Reply #746 on: September 26, 2018, 12:30:51 AM »

Based on what I've gathered from Bredesen's political track record and recent public statements, it seems to me that his position on the political spectrum would be closer to the likes of Joe Manchin/Heidi Heitkamp than to the likes of Doug Jones/Clare McCaskill/Joe Donnelly (i.e. these three people would be to the left of Bredesen). Does anyone else agree with this assessment?
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #747 on: September 26, 2018, 12:49:59 AM »

Based on what I've gathered from Bredesen's political track record and recent public statements, it seems to me that his position on the political spectrum would be closer to the likes of Joe Manchin/Heidi Heitkamp than to the likes of Doug Jones/Clare McCaskill/Joe Donnelly (i.e. these three people would be to the left of Bredesen). Does anyone else agree with this assessment?

If Bredesen actually wins he probably only stays there one term under his accord, so he might as well go full Bernie lol.
Don Vito Corleone
bruhgmger2
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -5.91

« Reply #748 on: September 26, 2018, 02:41:55 AM »

Seriously. The media usually loves to talk about any race that could even plausibly maybe be competitive, (and maybe they are talking about it and I've just been looking in the wrong places) yet it seems they hardly talk about Tennessee. What gives?
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #749 on: September 26, 2018, 02:57:22 AM »

I think it's because people don't know how to cover it? There hasn't been a competitive election there since 2006, and it doesn't have any demographic quirks that allow endless pieces about how it's trending, or what it means for US politics at large.

Bredesen's strategy is based around being as inoffensive as possible, and piggy backing on his record as Governor, whilst Blackburn appears to be largely silent.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 ... 43  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies