New Voter Map
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:30:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  New Voter Map
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
Author Topic: New Voter Map  (Read 9637 times)
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: June 22, 2005, 09:29:55 AM »

23 each, after I move to Maine (which i'd do only to help redistricting)
This looks cool.
Looks pretty damn stupid to me.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #76 on: June 22, 2005, 10:30:32 AM »

23 each, after I move to Maine (which i'd do only to help redistricting)
This looks cool.
Looks pretty damn stupid to me.
Why?
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« Reply #77 on: June 22, 2005, 10:31:15 AM »

South is split up.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #78 on: June 22, 2005, 10:34:48 AM »

You'll be able to elect two Southerners! Smiley
CheeseWhiz
YaBB God

« Reply #79 on: June 22, 2005, 10:35:38 AM »
« Edited: June 22, 2005, 06:37:17 PM by Governor CheeseWhiz »

Well, it would create a PBrunsel-Cosmo Kramer race in August.  I'd like to keep all Senators, running for re-election, in separate regions.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #80 on: June 22, 2005, 10:35:52 AM »

I understand that, but we have regional senators now, so districts don't have to be culturally perfect.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #81 on: June 22, 2005, 10:36:32 AM »

Well, it would create a PBrunsel-Cosmo Kramer race in August.  I'd like to keep all Senators, running for re-election, in seperate regions.

The more competitive races the better, IMHO. Why give Senators a free ride?
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« Reply #82 on: June 22, 2005, 10:37:04 AM »

I understand that, but we have regional senators now, so districts don't have to be culturally perfect.
Do you think I want to compete for BRTD's vote?
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 3.61, S: -1.74

« Reply #83 on: June 22, 2005, 10:44:46 AM »

I kinda like it like that. It gives different people to become senaters.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #84 on: June 22, 2005, 10:46:39 AM »

That is why I endorse Joe Rebpublic's map. It is more "outside of the box" that the other proposals.

As if mine wasn't?!?

What does it take to be taken seriously around here? Angry
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #85 on: June 22, 2005, 10:47:57 AM »

Someone's gotta do it.
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« Reply #86 on: June 22, 2005, 10:50:01 AM »

Someone's gotta do it.
At least let a social liberal do it.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #87 on: June 22, 2005, 10:53:33 AM »

Someone's gotta do it.
At least let a social liberal do it.
PBrunsel is a social liberal? There aren't many up for election near Minnesota, or anywhere for that matter.
TheWildCard
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #88 on: June 22, 2005, 01:35:42 PM »

My map was meant to be a compromise that tried not to stick too closely to the regional map.  But ultimately, does anybody expect certain illogical members of the forum to allow the Southeastern states to be split up or grouped with the inferior Yankee states?  I'm surprised none of them have so far commented on me having to separate Texas from the rest of the South, due to population restrictions.

Texas used to be in the Midwest REGION nuff said.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #89 on: June 22, 2005, 02:38:57 PM »

Vermont is larger than Illinois.  Kick ass! Wink
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #90 on: June 22, 2005, 04:24:05 PM »

So... basically, you're saying that you want redistricting to make you as safe as possible?
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #91 on: June 22, 2005, 06:20:21 PM »

My map was meant to be a compromise that tried not to stick too closely to the regional map.  But ultimately, does anybody expect certain illogical members of the forum to allow the Southeastern states to be split up or grouped with the inferior Yankee states?  I'm surprised none of them have so far commented on me having to separate Texas from the rest of the South, due to population restrictions.

Texas used to be in the Midwest REGION nuff said.

Honestly, I don't have grand problems with maps that have, say, one state from the Southeast in another District.

Any more than that is a problem for me (of course I have no say on this at all).
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #92 on: June 25, 2005, 08:10:34 AM »

Joe's map seems to be the most sane, though Peter's map is good also and protects incumbents better.
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« Reply #93 on: June 25, 2005, 09:04:25 AM »

Blue East - 21
Grey - 23
Green - 23
Red - 22
Blue West - 22

My map
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #94 on: June 25, 2005, 04:47:03 PM »
« Edited: June 25, 2005, 04:50:12 PM by Supersoulty »

Blue East - 21
Grey - 23
Green - 23
Red - 22
Blue West - 22

My map

What is it with people who won't accept this plan or that because "the South is split up".  For one thing, the districts are suposed to be the antithesis of the regions.  They are supposed to break traditional geographic a social boundaries (as much as is possible), they are not supposed to be wed to one region or another.  All this "Southern" bullsh**t stands against everything that Atlasia is all about.  Stop acting like childish dumbasses.

P.S.  If you are going to create this "Southern Party" and act like you want your own country, well then do it.  Leave the board and go create your own place.  Just leave us the Hell alone with that sh**t.

Go and make your own board, where you can all pretend that a war that happened 140 years ago had turned out differently.
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« Reply #95 on: June 25, 2005, 05:04:19 PM »

Blue East - 21
Grey - 23
Green - 23
Red - 22
Blue West - 22

My map

What is it with people who won't accept this plan or that because "the South is split up".  For one thing, the districts are suposed to be the antithesis of the regions.  They are supposed to break traditional geographic a social boundaries (as much as is possible), they are not supposed to be wed to one region or another.  All this "Southern" bullsh**t stands against everything that Atlasia is all about.  Stop acting like childish dumbasses.

P.S.  If you are going to create this "Southern Party" and act like you want your own country, well then do it.  Leave the board and go create your own place.  Just leave us the Hell alone with that sh**t.

Go and make your own board, where you can all pretend that a war that happened 140 years ago had turned out differently.
Well now I can at least feel confident about my decision to leave the Freedom Party.
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -7.48

« Reply #96 on: June 25, 2005, 05:37:55 PM »
« Edited: June 25, 2005, 05:49:52 PM by Pope PD »

I have just checked the voter registrations for the past few weeks back to the beginning of the month. I am now relatively confident that I have an accurate voter map:

The latest change is jfern moving from MN to CA, and my frontpage map has been updated to reflect this.

Present voter breakdown by parties:

Independent - 20
ILP - 18
CUP - 18
ACA - 14
FLP - 12
Freedom - 9
SAP - 5
Libertarian - 4
FEC - 4
Communist - 2
UL - 2
MRLP - 2
One-man shows - 5
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #97 on: June 25, 2005, 05:39:06 PM »

Blue East - 21
Grey - 23
Green - 23
Red - 22
Blue West - 22

My map

Well now I can at least feel confident about my decision to leave the Freedom Party.

If this is more important to you than being with people you acctually find ideological agreement with, then by all means, I'm glad that you are where you find yourself to be most comfortable.
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« Reply #98 on: June 25, 2005, 05:52:27 PM »

Blue East - 21
Grey - 23
Green - 23
Red - 22
Blue West - 22

My map

If this is more important to you than being with people you acctually find ideological agreement with, then by all means, I'm glad that you are where you find yourself to be most comfortable.
I am most certainly not comfortable in a party where prominent fellow members dimiss my beliefs as "bullsh**t."
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #99 on: June 25, 2005, 05:57:54 PM »

Blue East - 21
Grey - 23
Green - 23
Red - 22
Blue West - 22

My map

I am most certainly not comfortable in a party where prominent fellow members dimiss my beliefs as "bullsh**t."

I certainly never saw your beliefs as being bullsh**t.  Though, I fail to understand why they are less important to you than joining a group that tamps on the idea of "beliefs" in favor of a group that trumpets exclusion and limited "inclusion" as a sound footing for future endeavor.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies