Republican MI/MS/ID/HI election results thread (first results @8pm ET)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 12:57:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Republican MI/MS/ID/HI election results thread (first results @8pm ET)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 28
Author Topic: Republican MI/MS/ID/HI election results thread (first results @8pm ET)  (Read 37716 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: March 08, 2016, 07:20:03 PM »

Just voted for Kasich. I legitimately didn't decide which party's primary I would participate in until I checked the party selection box, which was the last thing I did. It was Kasich or Sanders, and it came down to which one I thought my vote would influence more. PredictIt had Kasich slightly higher, and I'm in a more Democratic district, so I figured my individual vote had a heigher weight intra-district on the GOP side (for delegate purposes). Never before have I been so undecided.

Decided to switch the avatar considering I was pretty much an independent today.

President was the last box I checked today voting early in NC. The first I checked was in AG and state officers, a judge and a ballot initiative. Then I did Governor and Senator, after which I stopped for a good two minutes before making my choice.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #151 on: March 08, 2016, 07:20:58 PM »

Just voted for Kasich. I legitimately didn't decide which party's primary I would participate in until I checked the party selection box, which was the last thing I did. It was Kasich or Sanders, and it came down to which one I thought my vote would influence more. PredictIt had Kasich slightly higher, and I'm in a more Democratic district, so I figured my individual vote had a heigher weight intra-district on the GOP side (for delegate purposes). Never before have I been so undecided.

Decided to switch the avatar considering I was pretty much an independent today.
President was the last box I checked today voting early in NC. The first I checked was in AG and state officers, a judge and a ballot initiative. Then I did Governor and Senator, after which I stopped for a good two minutes before making my choice.
Who did you decide to vote for in all of the races?
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #152 on: March 08, 2016, 07:21:04 PM »

Not going to be doing a lot of commentary tonight -- I'm attending John Kasich's campaign event at the Renaissance Hotel in Columbus, OH.
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #153 on: March 08, 2016, 07:23:09 PM »

You really want to know who I voted for to be District b Appeals Court Judge in NC? Wink
The Free North
CTRattlesnake
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #154 on: March 08, 2016, 07:23:57 PM »

You really want to know who I voted for to be District b Appeals Court Judge in NC? Wink

This is Atlas, of course we do.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #155 on: March 08, 2016, 07:26:10 PM »

PeteB
Canada

« Reply #156 on: March 08, 2016, 07:30:09 PM »

Not only that - we want to know their positions on same sex marriages, abortion and gun control... Smiley
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #157 on: March 08, 2016, 07:30:17 PM »

I read that MSNBC is saying MI exit polls show huge Clinton and Trump leads

Would not be surprised
yankeesfan
« Reply #158 on: March 08, 2016, 07:30:53 PM »

Would not be surprised

Nix that.  It was clarified that MSNBC wasn't talking about exit polls
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #159 on: March 08, 2016, 07:31:53 PM »

Would not be surprised

Nix that.  It was clarified that MSNBC wasn't talking about exit polls

Got it
Progressive
jro660

« Reply #160 on: March 08, 2016, 07:32:03 PM »

Exit polls (taken with a heart disease inducing grain of salt) seem good for TRUMP but who knows..
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #161 on: March 08, 2016, 07:32:16 PM »

Would not be surprised

Are they even allowed to say that?

Also, one has to wonder if we're talking about 30 points "huge" or 10 points "huge"...
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #162 on: March 08, 2016, 07:36:01 PM »

Exit polls (taken with a heart disease inducing grain of salt) seem good for TRUMP but who knows..

They seem to have been better on the Republican side than the Democrats.
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #163 on: March 08, 2016, 07:38:13 PM »

Not only that - we want to know their positions on same sex marriages, abortion and gun control... Smiley

I haven't the slightest idea. The campaign guy made a good pitch as I was walking in and I voted for him. I am knew to this county and am not familiar with the down ballot incumbents and candidates.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #164 on: March 08, 2016, 07:39:02 PM »

I haven't the slightest idea. The campaign guy made a good pitch as I was walking in and I voted for him. I am knew to this county and am not familiar with the down ballot incumbents and candidates.
What about for President, Trump, Cruz or Rubio?
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #165 on: March 08, 2016, 07:39:12 PM »

The campaign guy made a good pitch as I was walking in and I voted for him.

Your solicitation laws at polling places must be really forgiving...
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #166 on: March 08, 2016, 07:40:52 PM »

I have been talking to the Cruz people in Idaho and they are saying that a lot of first timers are going for them.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #167 on: March 08, 2016, 07:47:07 PM »

CNN is saying we'll have a projection at the top of the hour.  Don't know if it's R and D or just D.
yankeesfan
« Reply #168 on: March 08, 2016, 07:48:07 PM »

CNN is saying we'll have a projection at the top of the hour.  Don't know if it's R and D or just D.

It's probably Hillary wins Mississippi
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #169 on: March 08, 2016, 07:48:30 PM »

The campaign guy made a good pitch as I was walking in and I voted for him.

Your solicitation laws at polling places must be really forgiving...

He was in the parking lot. Not sure if it was far enough away from the door or not.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #170 on: March 08, 2016, 07:48:47 PM »

CNN is saying we'll have a projection at the top of the hour.  Don't know if it's R and D or just D.

Probably Mississippi for Clinton and TRUMP, boring.

They aren't going to call Michigan because there are areas where voting still isn't closed.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #171 on: March 08, 2016, 07:49:05 PM »
« Edited: October 03, 2016, 07:06:07 PM by Alcon »

Of course we'll have a projection at the top of the hour.  God, Wolf Blitzer, as always, shut your piehole.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #172 on: March 08, 2016, 07:49:58 PM »

Of close we'll have a projection at the top of the hour.  God, Wolf Blitzer, as always, shut your piehole.

It won't just be a projection.  It'll be a "major" projection.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #173 on: March 08, 2016, 07:50:26 PM »

I would like to see CNN make a "minor" projection.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #174 on: March 08, 2016, 07:52:30 PM »

CNN: Cruz campaign hoping for a "good" showing.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 28  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies