Republican MI/MS/ID/HI election results thread (first results @8pm ET)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 07:36:04 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Republican MI/MS/ID/HI election results thread (first results @8pm ET)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 28
Author Topic: Republican MI/MS/ID/HI election results thread (first results @8pm ET)  (Read 37538 times)
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2016, 02:17:45 PM »

I'm a night owl so I'll be up for it.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2016, 02:20:18 PM »

So...no one's going to be crazy enough to stay up for Hawaii. Right?...Right?

The beauty of living on the West Coast. Wink
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: 2.26

« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2016, 02:32:39 PM »

Disappointed about the weather. Wish there was bad weather in those states to drive down turnout.

Anyway, I am pulling for Trump to win in Michigan and lose in the other states. And I could see that happening: a narrow Trump win in Michigan, Cruz crushing Trump in Idaho and narrowly winning Mississippi, and Rubio in Hawaii.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2016, 02:34:23 PM »

Disappointed about the weather. Wish there was bad weather in those states to drive down turnout.

Anyway, I am pulling for Trump to win in Michigan and lose in the other states. And I could see that happening: a narrow Trump win in Michigan, Cruz crushing Trump in Idaho and narrowly winning Mississippi, and Rubio in Hawaii.

CAN'T LASIK THE KASICH
Helsinkian
Finland

« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2016, 02:34:54 PM »

So the people going to the Hawaii caucuses will know the results from Michigan and Mississippi when the caucuses start. Wonder if that will have an effect on how they vote?
An American Tail: Fubart Goes West
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2016, 02:38:43 PM »

Trump will not win a state tonight.  Mark it down.  Kasich will win Michigan.  Cruz will win Mississippi.  I have Rubio winning Idaho and Hawaii.

I too will be bold. Trump won't win a state. Kasich will win Michigan and Cruz will win the other three.
yankeesfan
« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2016, 02:43:05 PM »
« Edited: March 08, 2016, 02:46:51 PM by yankeesfan »

Turnout in Mississippi is low.  Below expectations.

http://www.hattiesburgamerican.com/story/news/politics/elections/2016/03/08/mississippi-primary-voting-updates/81474496/

At the Richburg precinct in Lamar County, Billy Millican, who was in charge of polls there, said things were going slow. That's even though there had been 195 voters by 10 a.m.

"It's steady, but not what we expected," he said. "I figure after 5 p.m. we're going to be swamped."

Millican said there had been no problems with people not having the identification needed to vote.

At the Camp precinct in downtown Hattiesburg, Martha Johnson, receiving and returning manager, said turnout had been light.

There had been 95 voters as of 10:45, but the entire precinct only has 855 voters.

Johnson said there had been no voter ID problems.

"Before we had to have voter ID, most people would show us ID," she said.

Johnson said it might get busier as the day progressed, but most of the people who vote at Camp are retired, so she expected the turnout to be steady throughout the day.

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/news/politics/2016/03/08/mississippi-holding-presidential-and-house-primaries/81473924/

Poll workers at Trinity Wesleyan Church in Byram said turnout has been light to medium. Just before noon around 138 people had voted.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2016, 02:50:44 PM »

Mississippi is low energy today
gespb19
United States

« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2016, 02:54:42 PM »

http://www.hattiesburgamerican.com/story/news/politics/elections/2016/03/08/mississippi-primary-voting-updates/81474496/

At the Richburg precinct in Lamar County, Billy Millican, who was in charge of polls there, said things were going slow. That's even though there had been 195 voters by 10 a.m.

"It's steady, but not what we expected," he said. "I figure after 5 p.m. we're going to be swamped."

Millican said there had been no problems with people not having the identification needed to vote.

At the Camp precinct in downtown Hattiesburg, Martha Johnson, receiving and returning manager, said turnout had been light.

There had been 95 voters as of 10:45, but the entire precinct only has 855 voters.

Johnson said it might get busier as the day progressed, but most of the people who vote at Camp are retired, so she expected the turnout to be steady throughout the day.

95 votes at Camp isn't too bad for them (I live 10 minutes away) at 10:45. They had 217 for the Cochran/McDaniel runoff. Richburg should end up with ~700. Thames precinct, which is mentioned later in the story, is a huge GOP box. Probably 1000+.
The Free North
CTRattlesnake
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #34 on: March 08, 2016, 03:00:10 PM »

I am suddenly reconsidering my earlier statements regarding Kasich not having a chance.

https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/707254289488617473

There is no question he has the momentum on the ground and if you couple Dem strategic voting with strategic voting from Rubio/Cruz it may be enough to put him over the top. Gun to my head, he still loses, but it may be very close.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #35 on: March 08, 2016, 03:02:29 PM »

I might stay up to midnight, 12:30 at the latest.
Reds4

« Reply #36 on: March 08, 2016, 03:04:32 PM »

Can anyone on PredictIt answer whether a deposit from a credit card for a United States citizen is a foreign transaction? What are the best deposit options? Wasn't sure where the best place to ask this would be. Thanks in advance.
An American Tail: Fubart Goes West
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #37 on: March 08, 2016, 03:06:38 PM »

I live on the West Coast, so it's only 10 PM when the polls close. I'll probably be up until at least midnight.
RJEvans
MasterRegal
United States

« Reply #38 on: March 08, 2016, 03:06:56 PM »

I am suddenly reconsidering my earlier statements regarding Kasich not having a chance.

There is no question he has the momentum on the ground and if you couple Dem strategic voting with strategic voting from Rubio/Cruz it may be enough to put him over the top. Gun to my head, he still loses, but it may be very close.

That might be good news for Kasich, but are those Dem's predominantly Clinton supporters or Sanders supporters? It can make all the difference in the world.

Perhaps the recent polling can give us a clue. As Kasich went up in MI, Clinton widened her lead against Bernie.
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: 2.26

« Reply #39 on: March 08, 2016, 03:07:30 PM »

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/news/politics/2016/03/08/mississippi-holding-presidential-and-house-primaries/81473924/

Poll workers at Trinity Wesleyan Church in Byram said turnout has been light to medium. Just before noon around 138 people had voted.
Good to know turnout is low. Hope that's mostly Trump people staying home.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #40 on: March 08, 2016, 03:10:18 PM »

Trump will win by 5-8%
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #41 on: March 08, 2016, 03:12:43 PM »

You want turnout to be low? That's f**ked up.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #42 on: March 08, 2016, 03:27:41 PM »

I was thinking the same thing.  Besides, there's no guarantee that a lower turnout favors the GOP or a higher turnout favors the Democrats.
mds32
United States

« Reply #43 on: March 08, 2016, 03:48:14 PM »

I was thinking the same thing.  Besides, there's no guarantee that a lower turnout favors the GOP or a higher turnout favors the Democrats.

I happen to think that very high turnout in Michigan can be beneficial to other candidates, however, states like Nevada would mean that lower turnout might be better for other candidates since Trump has large amounts of support in states like Nevada to begin with. So in fact low turnout in Mississippi may benefit Cruz, not saying it is a good thing but analyzing it as such is completely fine.
yankeesfan
« Reply #44 on: March 08, 2016, 03:56:31 PM »

Statewide update: 2:42 p.m.

From the Associated Press:

The Mississippi Secretary of State's Office says it appears statewide voting in the presidential and congressional primaries is running smoothly despite a few hiccups in a couple counties.

Secretary of State Delbert Hosemann, in a news release Tuesday, describes turnout, so far, as light.

Hosemann's office says it has fielded reports by voters in Hinds County that four precincts were reported as unavailable to cast a ballot by 7 a.m., when the polls were scheduled to open. There were electronic poll book issues as well.

In Madison County, five precincts were reported as affected by an erroneous database.

The polls close at 7 p.m.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #45 on: March 08, 2016, 04:00:35 PM »

Wouldn't low turnout benefit Cruz in MS though?
yankeesfan
« Reply #46 on: March 08, 2016, 04:02:24 PM »

Wouldn't low turnout benefit Cruz in MS though?

That was the theory before Iowa.  But then we saw record turnout in Iowa and everywhere else.  I really don't know what would happen in a low turnout scenario because we haven't seen one in this GOP cycle. 
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #47 on: March 08, 2016, 04:03:02 PM »

First wave of exit polls will be released in 57 minutes.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #48 on: March 08, 2016, 04:05:08 PM »

How fast are MS and MI at counting normally?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #49 on: March 08, 2016, 04:06:40 PM »

First wave of exit polls will be released in 57 minutes.

Finally!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 28  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies