Democratic Bayou/Cauci Saturday election results thread (first results @4pm ET?)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 11:18:39 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Democratic Bayou/Cauci Saturday election results thread (first results @4pm ET?)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17
Author Topic: Democratic Bayou/Cauci Saturday election results thread (first results @4pm ET?)  (Read 19400 times)
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #375 on: March 05, 2016, 11:39:35 PM »

Sanders is running out of states where he needs to run up the margins to eventually catch up.  Tell me, where exactly is his path to the nomination from here?  Huh

He will win California and Arizona. Didn't he win Hispanics in Nevada after all? (jfern mode)
indysaff
reapersaff
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -5.91

« Reply #376 on: March 05, 2016, 11:39:44 PM »

Lancaster has begun reporting in NE. Huge margins for Sanders.

Finally! He's over 56 now.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #377 on: March 05, 2016, 11:40:03 PM »

Sanders is running out of states where he needs to run up the margins to eventually catch up.  Tell me, where exactly is his path to the nomination from here?  Huh

He did make a good result tonight but those states have low delegates comparatively, So i see nothing wrong with the result. MS is last Clinton Southern state so after that Clinton will have no state to sweep IMO to make for 2-3 losses (This is assuming she does not sweep FL, NC, etc where she is likely to get a good result).

I think after 15th March, Sanders expects a string of wins, some in decent delegate states to decrease the numbers & have fighting chance going into CA & PA, which is entirely possible.

March 15th could be a decider - If Clinton get  150 odd delegate lead here & she very well could, it realistically is over. Sanders needs to put a good result & make an almost tie overall delegate wise on March 15th! BTW he was always gonna be a long shot
Wiz in Wis

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #378 on: March 05, 2016, 11:44:17 PM »

He did make a good result tonight but those states have low delegates comparatively, So i see nothing wrong with the result. MS is last Clinton Southern state so after that Clinton will have no state to sweep IMO to make for 2-3 losses (This is assuming she does not sweep FL, NC, etc where she is likely to get a good result).

I think after 15th March, Sanders expects a string of wins, some in decent delegate states to decrease the numbers & have fighting chance going into CA & PA, which is entirely possible.

March 15th could be a decider - If Clinton get  150 odd delegate lead here & she very well could, it realistically is over. Sanders needs to put a good result & make an almost tie overall delegate wise on March 15th! BTW he was always gonna be a long shot

Clinton doesn't need to add another 150 delegates on March 15... all she needs to do is maintain her current lead of about 200. Obama almost never had a lead of more than 100 pledged delegates.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #379 on: March 05, 2016, 11:46:48 PM »

Clinton doesn't need to add another 150 delegates on March 15... all she needs to do is maintain her current lead of about 200. Obama almost never had a lead of more than 100 pledged delegates.

If she maintains it, then Sanders has a genuine shot as the next 10-12 States are very pro-Sanders & he will make up a huge number of delegates there. He will go into CA & PA needing a 60% vote share which is difficult but not impossible. That gives Sanders a REAL GENUINE CREDIBLE CHANCE.

If Clinton can rake up 100-150 more delegate lead in March 15th, it maybe practically over for Sanders!
Boston Bread
New Canadaland
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -5.00, S: -5.00

« Reply #380 on: March 05, 2016, 11:47:24 PM »

At the rate Lincoln is going, that could alone could get Sanders over 60%. 25% reporting and Sanders already improved 1.5 statewide.
Panhandle Progressive
politicaljunkie
United States

« Reply #381 on: March 05, 2016, 11:49:42 PM »

He will go into CA & PA needing a 60% vote share which is difficult but not impossible. That gives Sanders a REAL GENUINE CREDIBLE CHANCE.

You're deluded.
indysaff
reapersaff
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -5.91

« Reply #382 on: March 05, 2016, 11:50:53 PM »

Any Dem voters in Grant/Garfield?
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #383 on: March 05, 2016, 11:50:59 PM »

At this point, I'm not expecting Sanders to win the nomination, but it's nice to see him getting some wins, which means that his message will be heard. I'll be satisfied if he wins any of the states on March 8th or 15th, even though he probably needs to win two or three, and come close in the others to have a realistic chance of winning the nomination.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #384 on: March 05, 2016, 11:51:46 PM »

If she maintains it, then Sanders has a genuine shot as the next 10-12 States are very pro-Sanders & he will make up a huge number of delegates there. He will go into CA & PA needing a 60% vote share which is difficult but not impossible. That gives Sanders a REAL GENUINE CREDIBLE CHANCE.

If Clinton can rake up 100-150 more delegate lead in March 15th, it maybe practically over for Sanders!

Sanders would need a miracle to win PA, much less get 60%. The Philly machine is going to go all out for Hillary.
Wiz in Wis

« Reply #385 on: March 05, 2016, 11:53:37 PM »

Sanders would need a miracle to win PA, much less get 60%. The Philly machine is going to go all out for Hillary.

Obama had weeks to work on PA, and he still only got 45%. How does Bernie do better than that, especially without African Americans?
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #386 on: March 05, 2016, 11:56:25 PM »

He will go into CA & PA needing a 60% vote share which is difficult but not impossible. That gives Sanders a REAL GENUINE CREDIBLE CHANCE.

You're deluded.

Someone with signature who manipulates information to give a fake picture should not be making such comments. Behave!
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #387 on: March 05, 2016, 11:58:02 PM »

It seems more of a chance that say FL or NC. it will be difficult, anyways 55-45% win would probably be the best possible chance - And that would be a major upset.

PA is more getable IMO than NYC where I think Clinton would atleast get 55%. It is difficult no doubt
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #388 on: March 06, 2016, 12:00:46 AM »

Obama had weeks to work on PA, and he still only got 45%. How does Bernie do better than that, especially without African Americans?

PA is not a huge black state, Obama & Bernie votes are not the same, in many states Bernie is getting the Hillary vote of 08 while Hillary is getting the Obama 08 vote.

These comparisons don't hold - It is difficult I agree, But there is a lot of time till PA, If Bernie is not out by then, his message will catch on - Longer it drags, more states Bernie wins is not a great thing for Clinton!
Wiz in Wis

« Reply #389 on: March 06, 2016, 12:06:43 AM »

PA is not a huge black state, Obama & Bernie votes are not the same, in many states Bernie is getting the Hillary vote of 08 while Hillary is getting the Obama 08 vote.

These comparisons don't hold - It is difficult I agree, But there is a lot of time till PA, If Bernie is not out by then, his message will catch on - Longer it drags, more states Bernie wins is not a great thing for Clinton!

Sure, but in your scenario, winning PA 55-45, you are predicting a margin roughly the same as Clinton's in 08. That victory netted her a grand total of 12 delegates. Not sure how Bernie beats that.
yourelection

« Reply #390 on: March 06, 2016, 12:07:19 AM »

I don't see any clear winner of the "Supery Saturday" elections. Clinton will end up with a plus on pledged candidates. Sanders can boast of winning two states. Neither should see any gain in momentum. The outcome in Michigan could be more telling.

More at: http://www.yourelection.net/2016/03/super-saturday-2016/
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #391 on: March 06, 2016, 12:21:36 AM »

Louisiana final results

Clinton: 221,615 (71.1%)
Sanders: 72,240 (23.2%)
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #392 on: March 06, 2016, 12:24:30 AM »

It says Lancaster, Nebraska is only 24% in with Sanders leading 68-32. If that margin holds, the final statewide result should look something like Sanders wins 59.6%-40.4%.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #393 on: March 06, 2016, 12:32:55 AM »

It says Lancaster, Nebraska is only 24% in with Sanders leading 68-32. If that margin holds, the final statewide result should look something like Sanders wins 59.6%-40.4%.

Beautiful! That's more like it.
YPestis25

Political Matrix
E: -4.65, S: -6.09

« Reply #394 on: March 06, 2016, 12:39:57 AM »

Anyone know how the other networks are covering this? MSNBC isn't even talking about the Democratic side.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #395 on: March 06, 2016, 12:48:29 AM »

I not sure, I am probably wrong, but why does Lancaster have 30 caucus sites, twice as many as Douglas, when Douglas has like twice the population.  I think that all of Nebraska is in, but an error happened showing that Lancaster had 30 precincts instead of just 8.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #396 on: March 06, 2016, 12:50:26 AM »

Apparently not in the caucus.
Attorney General & PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #397 on: March 06, 2016, 12:56:31 AM »

I not sure, I am probably wrong, but why does Lancaster have 30 caucus sites, twice as many as Douglas, when Douglas has like twice the population.  I think that all of Nebraska is in, but an error happened showing that Lancaster had 30 precincts instead of just 8.

Nice try, just updated to 10/33 reporting.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #398 on: March 06, 2016, 12:58:31 AM »

Nice try, just updated to 10/33 reporting.
Still doesn't answer the question, why the hell does a county half the size of the largest get twice as many caucus sites?
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #399 on: March 06, 2016, 01:01:58 AM »

Six new precincts came in from Lancaster but the vote barely changed.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies