MO-SEN 2018: The Megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 08:09:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  MO-SEN 2018: The Megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48
Poll
Question: Rate this race
Safe D

Likely D

Lean D

Tilt D

Tossup

Tilt R

Lean R

Likely R

Safe R

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 284

Author Topic: MO-SEN 2018: The Megathread  (Read 132424 times)
Aurelio21
Rookie
Germany

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1150 on: November 03, 2018, 04:51:09 PM »

Mrs McCaskill is quite skilled with going negative. She deposed the sitting governor of her own party in 2004 with the term "One-Term-Bob". Now she defines Mr Hawley quite negatively as well. As my pre-poster said, other Democrats(especially the one in TX) are not remotely as skillful and/or have the suiting opponent. Going negative is quite important and easiest-for-common to understand skill to show leadership. Honestly, who does not appreciate a brawl?

I really admire her ruthless aggression compared to the lot of the other bland waffle-y red state Dems.

I like that she can come across as both ruthless, but yet still very sincere and a hard worker for her state.  That's a hard combo to pull off- and I think even harder for a female politician to pull off.

You've nailed it why I believe even if the Dems take the house, Mr Trump will win in 2020. All potential Dem candidates cannot outpace Mr Trump at his game with dominating the news.

Basically, she emulates an alpha-female: Ruthless, yet compassionate for her kinsmen- and women. She is closest to a mirror of Mr Trump(yes, an absolute alpha-male, terms the snowflakes on the left do not want to hear ;-) )  , who AVOIDED any brawls with her. Guess why? Beto = snowflake, "Little" Marco, "Lying" Ted. McClaskill = Huh
I highly still doubt she will win this. If she wins it, she should take on Mr Trump, and would win.
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1151 on: November 03, 2018, 04:54:31 PM »

Hawley is a liar:

Aurelio21
Rookie
Germany

« Reply #1152 on: November 03, 2018, 05:00:29 PM »

Hawley is a liar:

This self-inflicted wound shoud secure Mrs McCaskill's senate seat.
Maybe Mr Hawley should apply for an internship at Sen. Akin's or Sen. Angle's Office before running again  for an appropiate office like dog catcher.
DaWN
United Kingdom

« Reply #1153 on: November 03, 2018, 05:06:27 PM »

It's really been quite shocking how bad of a candidate Hawley has turned out to be. He could still win because of Missouri's lean, but it genuinely feels like he's done everything in his power to lose.
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1154 on: November 03, 2018, 06:19:13 PM »

It's really been quite shocking how bad of a candidate Hawley has turned out to be. He could still win because of Missouri's lean, but it genuinely feels like he's done everything in his power to lose.
Same story with Mike Braun here in Indiana.
here2view
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.13, S: -1.74

P P P
« Reply #1155 on: November 03, 2018, 07:54:00 PM »

Florida Man for Crime
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1156 on: November 03, 2018, 08:15:00 PM »

Mrs McCaskill is quite skilled with going negative. She deposed the sitting governor of her own party in 2004 with the term "One-Term-Bob". Now she defines Mr Hawley quite negatively as well. As my pre-poster said, other Democrats(especially the one in TX) are not remotely as skillful and/or have the suiting opponent. Going negative is quite important and easiest-for-common to understand skill to show leadership. Honestly, who does not appreciate a brawl?

I really admire her ruthless aggression compared to the lot of the other bland waffle-y red state Dems.

I like that she can come across as both ruthless, but yet still very sincere and a hard worker for her state.  That's a hard combo to pull off- and I think even harder for a female politician to pull off.

I bow down before Queen McCaskill. She is talented.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1157 on: November 03, 2018, 08:49:02 PM »

Gun to my head, Hawley.

I keep going back to 2016.  Trump underpolled by 6 points verus the RCP average.  If it is a third of that this cycle, Hawley wins.

.... because undecideds broke for Trump/Republicans in 2016. That's not likely to happen this year.
zxzx0202
« Reply #1158 on: November 03, 2018, 09:58:34 PM »

I've always had a feeling that Hawley may blow it, and I think he's going to at this point. Claire was far more seasoned of a politician in their debate last week. Hawley didn't have any major gaffes that I recall, but he came across as nothing but a stiff, Jeff City suit (which he is). Anecdotally, I live in a red county that broke for Claire in 2012, and I can count on my hands that number of Hawley yard signs I've spotted.
TarHeelDem
United States

« Reply #1159 on: November 03, 2018, 10:10:57 PM »

Gun to my head, Hawley.

I keep going back to 2016.  Trump underpolled by 6 points verus the RCP average.  If it is a third of that this cycle, Hawley wins.

"Something muh 2016 muh!!" has to be one of my favorite memes this cycle.
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1160 on: November 03, 2018, 11:10:38 PM »

I’m posting this because I feel like it.

Wisconsin has really turned to the dark side as of late. Ron Johnson is a vile slimeball who doesn't deserve to represent a pile of dirt.
Cry moar. Loved to see Feingold go down. My absolute favorite upset of the night.

This. If McCaskill can represent MO in the Senate, then Johnson sure as hell can represent WI.
After seeing missouri vote for Trump by over 19 points, I see McCaskill getting Blanched easily.

SCNCmod

« Reply #1161 on: November 03, 2018, 11:36:05 PM »

Hawley is a liar:

Maybe Mr Hawley should apply for an internship at Sen. Akin's or Sen. Angle's Office before running again  for an appropiate office like dog catcher.

What is being claimed about Hawley & Consultants, etc?  And is it something that would be an ethical violation or something a little more serious?
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1162 on: November 03, 2018, 11:50:05 PM »

Hawley is a liar:

What is being claimed about Hawley & Consultants, etc?  And is it something that would be an ethical violation or something a little more serious?
That he geared up for a senate run immediately after becoming AG and his staff deal with the AG study while he spent his time courting donors and whatnot. Which isn’t illegal but obviously rubs people the wrong way and goes against a specific pledge he made in 2016 to not do exactly that
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1163 on: November 03, 2018, 11:53:20 PM »

He promised not to run for office at all during his first term as AG. Some of us still remember the famous ladder ad!
SCNCmod

« Reply #1164 on: November 04, 2018, 12:06:03 AM »

McCaskill winning is the single Senate result I want most.

For some reason- I have found myself in the same boat.
💥💥 brandon bro (he/him/his)
peenie_weenie
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1165 on: November 04, 2018, 12:07:50 AM »

These Hawley "revelations" shouldn't be surprising at all - any 38 year old who goes from lawyer to AG to Sen. candidate in three (!) years is obviously a ladder climber governed by his own ambition rather than an interest in doing civic good. I doubt they really sway anybody but they maybe will nibble away at some of the marginal voters who wait until the day before the race to make up their mind.
JG

« Reply #1166 on: November 04, 2018, 07:41:34 AM »

McCaskill winning is the single Senate result I want most. Which means she’ll probably lose since we can’t have nice things
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #1167 on: November 04, 2018, 11:15:25 AM »

Lool

OkThen

Political Matrix
E: -2.32, S: 0.35

« Reply #1168 on: November 04, 2018, 11:24:27 AM »

If she's able to pull this off, does she decide to run in 2020? Also lol at Hawley cancelling on MTP.
JG

« Reply #1169 on: November 04, 2018, 11:53:39 AM »

Honestly, it's probably a better move for him to cancel on an appearance. The story of him canceling will get least traction than him having to talk about the office/staff issue would have had.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1170 on: November 04, 2018, 01:16:41 PM »

Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1171 on: November 04, 2018, 01:26:52 PM »

Like clockwork, the knives come out for Hawley.
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #1172 on: November 04, 2018, 01:29:28 PM »

What a bum.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1173 on: November 04, 2018, 01:35:35 PM »

Man, this thread is going to be an absolute mess on Nov. 7, lol.
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1174 on: November 04, 2018, 01:54:15 PM »

Man, this thread is going to be an absolute mess on Nov. 7, lol.

Sh*t I didn’t even recognize your profile haha. Nice
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies