Update Season X - "It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Vol. I."
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 31, 2024, 04:28:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update Season X - "It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Vol. I."
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 ... 80
Author Topic: Update Season X - "It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Vol. I."  (Read 210305 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #600 on: September 15, 2013, 09:48:44 PM »

If that were the case, everyone here would be making fun of him for that.  There's no need to make her  chauffeur her adult son around.

Everyone would tell him to get a job and buy his own car.

Considering he refuses to work, he has no right to own a car.  His mom doesn't work.  She only uses the car to run errands.  One of the errands could be dropping off her son at school.

If he is embarrassed about being chauffered by his mom, then he should work to change that situation with his own actions.

Mom is retired.  She is entitled to sleep in as much as she wants.  She doesn't have to get up early to take me to school.  Plus, I am 31 years old.  I can drive.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #601 on: September 15, 2013, 09:50:36 PM »

The "Non-Southerners don't get it" meme strikes again.  You simply cannot live in the Deep South without a car.  Period.  Public transportation is virtually (or literally) non-existent here, and it's all very spread out.

For example, I live in a suburban neighbor and literally the only things within walking distance (a couple miles) are other people's houses.  I'm sure Bushie's situation is similar.

Also, you have to have a car for every person who might need it at the same time.  My wife and I could never share a car -- we have different schedules.  I doubt Bushie's family could make do on 2 cars, much less 1.  That's just the realities of life in the South.

Solution: don't live in Oklahomathe south

I'm sure Harry can attest to this, but living in the south is much better than living in the frozen north.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #602 on: September 15, 2013, 09:54:10 PM »

A lady friend!?! OMG yes! NOW things are looking up!
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #603 on: September 15, 2013, 09:58:28 PM »

I'm sure Harry can attest to this, but living in the south is much better than living in the frozen north.

I don't agree with that, but I admit that I'd change my mind if one inch of snow on the ground was enough to deter me from driving.
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.03, S: -8.87

« Reply #604 on: September 15, 2013, 10:03:49 PM »

The "Non-Southerners don't get it" meme strikes again.  You simply cannot live in the Deep South without a car.  Period.  Public transportation is virtually (or literally) non-existent here, and it's all very spread out.

For example, I live in a suburban neighbor and literally the only things within walking distance (a couple miles) are other people's houses.  I'm sure Bushie's situation is similar.

Also, you have to have a car for every person who might need it at the same time.  My wife and I could never share a car -- we have different schedules.  I doubt Bushie's family could make do on 2 cars, much less 1.  That's just the realities of life in the South.

Ummmm no, but I'm not a snowaphobic. Wink
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #605 on: September 15, 2013, 10:08:21 PM »

I don't agree with that, but I admit that I'd change my mind if one inch of snow on the ground was enough to deter me from driving.

We got almost an inch about a year ago and my work called us all and told us not to come in.  It's really dangerous to drive in even a little bit of snow if you've never done it and don't know how.

I could handle driving in a little bit of snow, but I certainly don't trust the masses to do so without hitting me, so on the rare snow days, I definitely stay at home.
Kitteh
drj101
United States

« Reply #606 on: September 15, 2013, 10:43:30 PM »

There's this place called "California"...
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #607 on: September 15, 2013, 10:44:30 PM »
« Edited: September 15, 2013, 10:46:11 PM by Mr. Morden »

We got almost an inch about a year ago and my work called us all and told us not to come in.  It's really dangerous to drive in even a little bit of snow if you've never done it and don't know how.

I could handle driving in a little bit of snow, but I certainly don't trust the masses to do so without hitting me, so on the rare snow days, I definitely stay at home.

Right, but that's not actually what I'm talking about.  I was alluding to the fact that Bushie himself seemed to have something close to a nervous breakdown when faced with the prospect of driving in snow when he lived in SLC.  And so, for him, sure, his preference for living in the South rather than the North makes sense.  But for me, that's not an issue, since I'm fine with driving in the snow.  (Not that I live in the USA at all anymore.  I was just expressing my preference for when I was living there.)
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #608 on: September 15, 2013, 11:02:02 PM »

I'm still curious what this cruise scam is all about.

Also, Jeff, you should not be thinking about dating anyone.  If you don't have enough time to work and do school, you don't have enough time to add in a girlfriend.  Plus, girlfriends cost money, and as I already established, you're going to be pretty tight on money.  Adding more money to go out on dates isn't going to help your situation, unless you plan on mooching off of her (not a huge leap to imagine that could happen).
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #609 on: September 15, 2013, 11:05:17 PM »

Also, Jeff, you should not be thinking about dating anyone.  If you don't have enough time to work and do school, you don't have enough time to add in a girlfriend.  Plus, girlfriends cost money, and as I already established, you're going to be pretty tight on money.  Adding more money to go out on dates isn't going to help your situation, unless you plan on mooching off of her (not a huge leap to imagine that could happen).

who are we to tell him not to have a girlfriend?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #610 on: September 15, 2013, 11:12:39 PM »

who are we to tell him not to have a girlfriend?

Someone who knows that it's much better to face these kinds of things with a sense of poise and rationality.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #611 on: September 15, 2013, 11:13:17 PM »

How do poor people get around in the south? Surely not every poor person has a car. What about people who can't drive due to disabilities?

Growing up, my family had just one car (well 2, if you count my dad's work truck). My Mom can't drive. What would someone like her do?

The south certainly seems like a hell hole. ...

Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #612 on: September 16, 2013, 07:30:29 AM »

I'm at school and ready for Week 7 and Day 30.  Starting the second-half of September.  See you all at lunch!
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #613 on: September 16, 2013, 07:34:16 AM »

How are you going to see us?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #614 on: September 16, 2013, 10:09:16 AM »

How is Allison? Did you talk to her yesterday? Have you asked her out yet on a date?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #615 on: September 16, 2013, 10:23:12 AM »

I'll see your posts!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #616 on: September 16, 2013, 10:24:38 AM »

How is Allison? Did you talk to her yesterday? Have you asked her out yet on a date?

I talked to her for about 30 minutes yesterday.  She is well.  Yesterday was like the second time we've talked, so no date yet.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #617 on: September 16, 2013, 10:26:56 AM »

Lunch time and I am finally finished with Lesson 8.  I will start Lesson 9 when I get back from lunch.  Tonight is mostly going to consist of Monday Night Football.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #618 on: September 16, 2013, 10:44:20 AM »

I talked to her for about 30 minutes yesterday.  She is well.  Yesterday was like the second time we've talked, so no date yet.

30 minutes! That's terribly long! She must have had a great day. Are you planning your first date? What kind of night are you thinking?
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #619 on: September 16, 2013, 11:23:07 AM »

30 minutes! That's terribly long! She must have had a great day. Are you planning your first date? What kind of night are you thinking?

A fine night at Braums, no doubt.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #620 on: September 16, 2013, 11:24:59 AM »

Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #621 on: September 16, 2013, 11:34:38 AM »

Who cares about the cruise scam.. it sounds like he was offered some open buffet cruise where they could go anytime and anywhere for $800 and took it, and it ended up not being a real thing.

Let's hear more and encourage him to go after Allison. It will give him something to do!
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #622 on: September 16, 2013, 11:42:20 AM »

Who cares about the cruise scam.. it sounds like he was offered some open buffet cruise where they could go anytime and anywhere for $800 and took it, and it ended up not being a real thing.

Let's hear more and encourage him to go after Allison. It will give him something to do!

He'll be in even more debt.  I may be critical of him, but at least I offer rational advice.  Pursuing a girlfriend (or anything that will increase his spending) is not what he should be doing right now.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #623 on: September 16, 2013, 11:45:10 AM »

He'll be in even more debt.  I may be critical of him, but at least I offer rational advice.  Pursuing a girlfriend (or anything that will increase his spending) is not what he should be doing right now.

Better he spend it on her than on other frivolous things. His parents give him money. He may as well use it to potentially make himself happier and build a life of his own.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #624 on: September 16, 2013, 11:45:30 AM »

Maybe Bushie is angling to be a house husband (pity he can't cook or clean worth a damn).  All she needs is money and/or a good job. Yes, I know, I know.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 ... 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies