Update Season IX - "CAD, Kenya, CAD, Kenya, CAD, Kenya, CAD"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 24, 2024, 06:36:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update Season IX - "CAD, Kenya, CAD, Kenya, CAD, Kenya, CAD"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 ... 80
Author Topic: Update Season IX - "CAD, Kenya, CAD, Kenya, CAD, Kenya, CAD"  (Read 154894 times)
memphis
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #400 on: August 02, 2013, 01:34:01 PM »

This is why we need a larger social safety net in this country. Certain people are just not cut out for employment. The best thing to do is give them a free small apartment, food stamps, free healthcare and a bit of spending money through a generous dole, make sure they don't commit any crimes, and then just let them lay in bed watching TV all day until they die.

Or abort them in the womb.  Sadly, these options are apparently on the same side of the spectrum.
Aborting the disabled enjoys widespread support from nearly everybody facing the notion of raising a disabled child. Stats don't lie. Pro-life policies are for other people.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #401 on: August 02, 2013, 01:55:53 PM »

I actually agree with Lief. Bushie simply isn't fit to hold a job. That is why I'm so confident he will never leave his parents trailer.

I've left their trailer twice - once 9 days after high school graduation for college in 2001 and once in 2008 on my way to an apartment in Midwest City after I started with ONG.  I've been down this road before.  Plus, I didn't HAVE to come here this time.  I was doing alright in Salt Lake City and more and more I wish I had stayed in SLC, but I chose to came back for a reason and the reason begins in just 66 hours from right now.  I know I'll get out of here in around 9 1/2 to 10 months.  My goal is to be in Kansas City on or around June 1, 2014.  I am going to start looking for a job in mid-February 2014 so I can be ready once the CAD certificate is in hand.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #402 on: August 02, 2013, 05:14:08 PM »

Good Friday Evening!  Dinner is over and I'm just waiting to leave to begin my weekend.  I'm going over to my cousins tonight for a game night.  Tomorrow, I'll be fairly busy.  Mom, Dad, and I are going to set up and test out the electronic fence for JJ in the morning and play with her for an hour or two.  Then, I've got to help Dad move a window unit air conditioner out to the shop.  After that, I have to help Grandma with her computer.  That's all before Noon.  Tomorrow evening, I'm taking a couple kids of a friend of mine to Bricktown in Oklahoma City and allow them to share the Gospel and pass out Bibles to complete strangers.  We've only got 4 Bibles, so it won't take long, but it is needed.  I'll be with both kids to make it less dangerous, but the kids will be blessed and have a lifetime memory added to their bank being able to share the good news of Jesus Christ with complete strangers.  I baptized the same two kids last August.  Tonight, I'll be home late, have an early start on Saturday, and then have another short night Saturday night as I'm going to try to get up real early Sunday in preparation for Monday.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #403 on: August 02, 2013, 05:23:56 PM »

You know that the Bible is free online right? No need to hand it out to strangers.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #404 on: August 02, 2013, 05:33:20 PM »
« Edited: August 02, 2013, 05:37:19 PM by Kansas City 2014 »

You know that the Bible is free online right? No need to hand it out to strangers.

It's never out of date or obsolete to have a hard copy that you read every morning.

Besides, we are going to share with them the good news of Jesus Christ.  That never goes out of style.  There are somethings that you cannot do online or that are better done in person.  We'll get a lot of rejections tomorrow night, even here in the Western Bible Belt, but those who hear us will know that there is someone who loves them and more importantly there is a God who loves them.  Plus, for some, they may see what we're doing as soliciting or annoying, but for others, they are genuinely touched when someone, especially kids, give up their Saturday night to talk to them.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #405 on: August 02, 2013, 05:36:49 PM »

That episode when he gives up on CAD is going to be pretty wild even though almost all of us are expecting it to happen. Looking forward to that one with a bucket of popcorn.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #406 on: August 02, 2013, 05:39:13 PM »

That episode when he gives up on CAD is going to be pretty wild even though almost all of us are expecting it to happen. Looking forward to that one with a bucket of popcorn.

An episode that will never be written!

IF it does get written, then its back to the call center environment - IMMEDIATELY.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #407 on: August 02, 2013, 05:40:34 PM »

Lol. At least the "diet" is also over now too. Only CAD remains. How long wil he actually stsy in the program? It won't be long. I expect he will drop out within a month, suspend the job search to focus on Christmas and continue his life of napping, eating until his parents and he dies.

I'll admit, the diet is in tatters right now, but the intent is still there.  The intent is still to lose weight (before that gets hilariously twisted).  The CAD program is one thing that will stay.  I'm not going to add $2600 to my student loan just to drop out in a month.

oh, I know you intend to do a lot of things. I'm sure you intend to finish your CAD too, but I will be shocked if you do, and Kansas City is definitely not happening regardless of the CAD outcome. If you're in your own place even in Midwest City by 2015, I will make a Youtube video of me eating my left shoe.

It's sad... I'd love to see someone actually eat their own shoe, but I know it's never going to happen here.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #408 on: August 02, 2013, 05:43:13 PM »

IF it does get written, then its back to the call center environment - IMMEDIATELY.

The writers are already foreshadowing abandonment of CAD and a return to the call center merry-go-round! omg
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #409 on: August 02, 2013, 05:43:54 PM »

Lol. At least the "diet" is also over now too. Only CAD remains. How long wil he actually stsy in the program? It won't be long. I expect he will drop out within a month, suspend the job search to focus on Christmas and continue his life of napping, eating until his parents and he dies.

I'll admit, the diet is in tatters right now, but the intent is still there.  The intent is still to lose weight (before that gets hilariously twisted).  The CAD program is one thing that will stay.  I'm not going to add $2600 to my student loan just to drop out in a month.

oh, I know you intend to do a lot of things. I'm sure you intend to finish your CAD too, but I will be shocked if you do, and Kansas City is definitely not happening regardless of the CAD outcome. If you're in your own place even in Midwest City by 2015, I will make a Youtube video of me eating my left shoe.

It's sad... I'd love to see someone actually eat their own shoe, but I know it's never going to happen here.

Oh, don't worry, he'll eat his own shoe in under a year!  Remember, don't call game over when the game hasn't even started!  That's when teams lose, they think they've won the game before kickoff.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #410 on: August 02, 2013, 05:44:59 PM »

The writers are already foreshadowing abandonment of CAD and a return to the call center merry-go-round! omg

No foreshadowing because there will be no abandonment of CAD.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #411 on: August 02, 2013, 05:46:15 PM »

Huh I thought you were never ever ever going back to call centers.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #412 on: August 02, 2013, 05:49:32 PM »

I don't plan to, unless I have no other option.  I'm not staying with my parents forever.  However, call centers won't be re-entering the picture as I plan to keep going with this CAD and get a nice job in Kansas City.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #413 on: August 02, 2013, 05:51:29 PM »

Oh, don't worry, he'll eat his own shoe in under a year!  Remember, don't call game over when the game hasn't even started!  That's when teams lose, they think they've won the game before kickoff.

Yeah, but sometimes you just know.  For instance, if the Dallas Cowboys ever played the Minnesota Valkyrie, they'd win every time.  If Duke's wrong, it'll be a big day for you, but why are you being so adamant that you're going to succeed here?  Your track record, no offense, is terrible.  Why are you writing checks that you may not have enough money to cover?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #414 on: August 02, 2013, 05:58:32 PM »

Yeah, but sometimes you just know.  For instance, if the Dallas Cowboys ever played the Minnesota Valkyrie, they'd win every time.  If Duke's wrong, it'll be a big day for you, but why are you being so adamant that you're going to succeed here?  Your track record, no offense, is terrible.  Why are you writing checks that you may not have enough money to cover?

Its better to enter a game with confidence (I will complete it) rather than any doubt (I hope I complete it).  Its not to good to be so confident that you're cocky about it (I will complete it and have no idea what I'm going to do if I don't complete it).  Track record aside, I'm going in with confidence.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #415 on: August 02, 2013, 06:26:40 PM »

There's confidence and then there's Leroy Jenkins...  You seem to fall in the category of the latter.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #416 on: August 02, 2013, 06:41:54 PM »

i try to take it easy on bushie since ive had my share of 'setbacks' in life too.

i dont understand why he quit a job in slc just to move back to the family trailer and be unemployed.  it doesnt make any sense.  it makes even less sense with the absurd story about the hobo orgy in the garage.

something must have happened in slc that bushie didnt tell us about...
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #417 on: August 02, 2013, 06:42:19 PM »

I don't plan to, unless I have no other option.

Then why did you just say that if CAD doesn't work out, you'd go back to call centers "immediately"?  Aren't there any other jobs out there that aren't call centers?
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #418 on: August 02, 2013, 09:27:44 PM »

i try to take it easy on bushie since ive had my share of 'setbacks' in life too.

i dont understand why he quit a job in slc just to move back to the family trailer and be unemployed.  it doesnt make any sense.  it makes even less sense with the absurd story about the hobo orgy in the garage.

something must have happened in slc that bushie didnt tell us about...
It makes a lot of sense. He's less of a drain in Oklahoma. Maintaining a seperate household costs more than the $9/hour he was getting at a call center. It is likely he was let go in Utah though.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #419 on: August 02, 2013, 09:31:19 PM »

There's confidence and then there's Leroy Jenkins...  You seem to fall in the category of the latter.

We shall see.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #420 on: August 02, 2013, 09:36:06 PM »

I don't plan to, unless I have no other option.

Then why did you just say that if CAD doesn't work out, you'd go back to call centers "immediately"?  Aren't there any other jobs out there that aren't call centers?

There are other jobs out there, I just doubt my qualifications and abilities quite a bit.  I, too often, disqualify myself from an application even when I fit most of the criteria.  That is not good and I know it.  I can see self disqualifying if don't fit any of the criteria or only a small percentage, but when I fit most of the criteria.  That's self doubt, which is dangerous, which is also part of the reason why I've left a few jobs.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #421 on: August 02, 2013, 09:37:31 PM »

You certainly don't fit the qualifications for a call center, so you should disqualify yourself from that.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #422 on: August 02, 2013, 09:43:42 PM »

You certainly don't fit the qualifications for a call center, so you should disqualify yourself from that.

Actually, I fit most of those quite a bit, and I did pretty well in the technical support call centers where I made $12-$13 an hour on average.  I'm not too good in the customer care call centers.  Where I got into trouble was with my attendance, as mentioned earlier.  I can handle the call center, so after time away from the call center, if I had to, I would have no problems signing up for another call center, though I prefer to stay away from the call center, which is the reason for CAD.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #423 on: August 02, 2013, 10:27:27 PM »

You guys do realize that your doubts are putting fuel in my engine right?  It's going to be fun proving you wrong.  I perceive the point of your doubts is not to actually say I can't or won't do it, but to light a fire under my butt to actually do something productive besides sit here on my tush drinking Diet Dr Pepper and Coke and watching Baseball and the News, right?  If that's the purpose, it is a good purpose and it is working. 

For example, I know Duke well enough, he wants me to prove him wrong at something and he wants to eat his shoe.  He's saying I can't or won't do it, and I know deep down he wants me to do it.  Same with the rest of my friends on here.  No one on here, except myself, really wants to be right about this.  They would rather me actually follow through with this CAD, see it through to its completion, and actually start turning a corner.

Is that the right perception or are you all really just evil little twerps. Tongue
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #424 on: August 02, 2013, 10:33:14 PM »

By the way, Duke, I made a record of your promise in an MS Word document on my laptop, so when I fulfill my end of the bargain next May or June, I'll be able to quickly retrieve it.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 ... 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies