where do you stand on these social issues?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 12:32:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  where do you stand on these social issues?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 15
Author Topic: where do you stand on these social issues?  (Read 59972 times)
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: July 11, 2005, 11:34:15 AM »

Abortion: Legal in first trimester, and in exceptional cases (rape incest life of the mother) after
Affirmative Action: Favor in principle; may oppose individual plans
Death penalty: Worst form of murder
Drug legalization: Generally favor
Gay 'marriage': In favour, don't care about the name for it
Gun control: In favor of keeping every gun registered, and of banning gun ownership for those who can't take care of their guns, say letting their kids handle 'em, sell 'em down in the ghetto, use them to commit crimes...opposed to banning some sorts of weapons on their appearance alone. Opposed to laws that award a higher penalty for having a gun at a crime site than for the actual crime
Legalized gambling: Legal, government supervised
Manditory minimum sentencing: Oppose
Prayer in school: School or teacher organized (not quite the same as mandatory) - oppose. Students' - in favor
Prostitution: Legal, government supervised
School uniforms" Oppose
Speed limits: Make them reasonable, not artificially low, but make them.
Defarge

Political Matrix
E: -3.13, S: -0.72

« Reply #101 on: July 11, 2005, 04:54:07 PM »

Gay marriage: Support.

Abortion: Support

Legalized gambling: Support

Prostitution: Oppose

Prayer in school: Oppose.  On an individual basis in an empty classroom is fine.

School uniforms: Support, kind of

Drug legalization: Oppose

Gun control: In what sense?  Assault weapons should be illegal, anything else below that is fine

Affirmative action: Support

Speed limits: Support

Death penalty: Support

Mandatory minimum sentencing: Support, kind of.  Don't make them excessive
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #102 on: July 11, 2005, 06:13:09 PM »

gay marriage? support
abortion?  oppose
legalized gambling? support
prostitution?  oppose
prayer in school?  oppose
school uniforms? oppose
drug legalization? oppose
gun control? support
affirmative action? support
speed limits? support
death penalty? oppose
mandatory minimum sentencing? oppose
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #103 on: July 11, 2005, 07:49:46 PM »

prostitution?  Completely oppose the legalization of it.  No explanation should be required.

No explanation is, of course, required; however you may want to contribute one if you wish to be understood.

If I may hazard a guess it will include references to 'morality' the 'bible' and other interesting aspects of your personal fantasy life.
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« Reply #104 on: July 11, 2005, 09:57:50 PM »

prostitution?  Completely oppose the legalization of it.  No explanation should be required.

No explanation is, of course, required; however you may want to contribute one if you wish to be understood.

If I may hazard a guess it will include references to 'morality' the 'bible' and other interesting aspects of your personal fantasy life.
The arguments are simple.  You are quite right they involve morality.  I don't expect you to understand that so I don't feel like arguing with you.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #105 on: July 11, 2005, 09:59:35 PM »

The arguments are simple.  You are quite right they involve morality.  I don't expect you to understand that so I don't feel like arguing with you.
certainly you believe that God is an accepter of all people and if it is the only way to get money and stay alive, that it would be acceptable
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #106 on: July 11, 2005, 10:12:30 PM »

certainly you believe that God is an accepter of all people and if it is the only way to get money and stay alive, that it would be acceptable
No.  What a ignorant mindset.  Preserving the short human life to give up an eternal fountain of life.
so you would die intentionally to get to Heaven quicker? I dunnoo... i want to live here as long as i can because i love the stress of the life (since despite it being 100000000x better than Earth, Heaven wont have stress.)
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #107 on: July 12, 2005, 11:39:07 AM »

No.  What a ignorant mindset.  Preserving the short human life to give up an eternal fountain of life.
so you would die intentionally to get to Heaven quicker?
That can be helped. Grin
nini2287
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 2.77, S: -3.39

« Reply #108 on: July 12, 2005, 03:57:07 PM »

I found your old post, and that is cool.  We are pretty close.
George W. Bush
eversole_Adam

« Reply #109 on: July 12, 2005, 04:50:59 PM »
« Edited: July 12, 2005, 04:54:58 PM by George W. Bush »

gun control? support, I think more background checks are needed and only guns for hunting should be alowd.

Neat! A gun grabbing "conservative".

Damb Right! I am sick of our kids getting killed, and every morning watching the news and learning that at least 2 more people were shot on my cities streets over the night.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #110 on: July 12, 2005, 05:45:00 PM »

gun control? support, I think more background checks are needed and only guns for hunting should be alowd.

Damb Right! I am sick of our kids getting killed, and every morning watching the news and learning that at least 2 more people were shot on my cities streets over the night.

Blame the criminals not the weapons. If kids were getting killed with hammers would you cry, "BAN HAMMERS!!". No, you wouldn't that would just be plain dumb. You'd call for appropriate measures of justice against criminals. But of course you're a "RINO" so I wouldn't expect you to understand that fact.
George W. Bush
eversole_Adam

« Reply #111 on: July 12, 2005, 06:31:25 PM »

Blame the criminals not the weapons. If kids were getting killed with hammers would you cry, "BAN HAMMERS!!". No, you wouldn't that would just be plain dumb. You'd call for appropriate measures of justice against criminals. But of course you're a "RINO" so I wouldn't expect you to understand that fact.

If hammers were the cause of as much death, then yes i would call for the ban of Hammers. Hand Guns and Automatic weapons do no good for anyone. As far as ur claims that I am a RINO, i could care less what a middle-aged guy from Florida thinks of me. That claim just says one of two things, you either know nothing about me and my views on the Issues or, you know nothing about where the Rebublican partys stands on Issues.
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

« Reply #112 on: July 12, 2005, 06:54:21 PM »

If hammers were the cause of as much death, then yes i would call for the ban of Hammers.

Waiting for that to go in someone's sig
PADem

« Reply #113 on: July 12, 2005, 07:25:20 PM »

gay marriage? Against - but I don't have an opinion either way on civil unions

abortion?  Against (federally), should be up to the states - but there MUST be a provision for necessary abortions (rape etc)

legalized gambling? support

prostitution?  against, but some form of protection is needed

prayer in school?  oppose strongly if state/local govt/school board sanctioned, don't care otherwise
school uniforms? support - but don't care either way
drug legalization? oppose, but support less emphasis on soft drugs eg weed, but we should ruthlessly smite meth dealers and the like
gun control? against, but am in favour of banning some guns that people really don't need (like military style assault weapons)
affirmative action? oppose (but i have no problem with scholarships for african-americans/hispanics etc
speed limits? Support
Death Pernatly? Support
mandatory minimum sentencing? Support
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #114 on: July 13, 2005, 12:06:29 AM »

If hammers were the cause of as much death, then yes i would call for the ban of Hammers. Hand Guns and Automatic weapons do no good for anyone. As far as ur claims that I am a RINO, i could care less what a middle-aged guy from Florida thinks of me. That claim just says one of two things, you either know nothing about me and my views on the Issues or, you know nothing about where the Rebublican partys stands on Issues.

You have no right to dictate & regulate something that is a constitutional right of every American citizen. And if President Bush and the Republicans agreed with your view of things then why did they let the assualt weapons ban expire?
Inverted Things
Avelaval

« Reply #115 on: July 13, 2005, 12:10:35 AM »

You have no right to dictate & regulate something that is a constitutional right of every American citizen. And if President Bush and the Republicans agreed with your view of things then why did they let the assualt weapons ban expire?

The words "well regulated" do appear in the second amendment.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #116 on: July 13, 2005, 12:15:40 AM »

Nice taking the amendment out of context.
CARLHAYDEN
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.38, S: -0.51

« Reply #117 on: July 13, 2005, 12:20:41 AM »

Are you really as ignorant and thoughtless as your post?

Have you ever heard of the idea of self-defense?

One of my neighbors a few years ago had his house broken into by an excaped convict.  Fortunately, he had a handgun with which to defend himself and his wife.
KillerPollo
Mexico

Political Matrix
E: -3.15, S: -0.82

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #118 on: July 13, 2005, 12:22:19 AM »

One of my neighbors a few years ago had his house broken into by an excaped convict.  Fortunately, he had a handgun with which to defend himself and his wife.
lol. I dont need a handgun! I got my oversharpened carbon steel sword... less lethal than a gun. at least i can wound the perpetrator and give him a warning slash.
Inverted Things
Avelaval

« Reply #119 on: July 13, 2005, 12:22:55 AM »

Nice taking the amendment out of context.

Thanks. It should be noted that waiting periods do not infringe on people's right to keep and bear arms.

Making assualt weapons illegal wouldn't even violate the second amendment since the people could still keep and bear (non-assualt) arms, resulting in no infringement.
CARLHAYDEN
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.38, S: -0.51

« Reply #120 on: July 13, 2005, 08:51:28 AM »

lol. I dont need a handgun! I got my oversharpened carbon steel sword... less lethal than a gun. at least i can wound the perpetrator and give him a warning slash.

Sober up loco pollo.

First, at ten feet I'll put my 1911A1 against you "sword" any day.
Second, "oversharpened"?
Third, "carbon" steel (is there any other kind?)
Fourth, "less lethal," well at a distance yes.
Fifth, "warning slash"?  ROTFLMAO

George W. Bush
eversole_Adam

« Reply #121 on: July 13, 2005, 11:14:07 PM »

I never said President Bush or the GOP shared my views on this Issue, but I do not let one Issue deide what party I am a member of. I want you to give a few more examples of things I belive that are out of step with the President and my party, Go ahead and prove that I am a RINO. I think on many issues I am more conservative than the GOP.
Nation
of_thisnation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #122 on: July 13, 2005, 11:41:56 PM »

If hammers were the cause of as much death, then yes i would call for the ban of Hammers.

Waiting for that to go in someone's sig

I'm thinking of putting it in. A much better response for him to save face would be to explain how the original purpose of hammers were not to kill things. That wouldn't have helped his argument immensely, but still.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #123 on: July 14, 2005, 12:01:53 AM »

So George, pal, you don't think criminals would get handguns or something more dangerous if they were made illegal? Would every criminal apologize, give his gun up to the police, and become a good citizen? Or would they step up criminal attacks, especially muggings and armed robberies knowing that as long as the police can't respond in time, they'll be unopposed?
George W. Bush
eversole_Adam

« Reply #124 on: July 14, 2005, 12:48:09 AM »

So George, pal, you don't think criminals would get handguns or something more dangerous if they were made illegal? Would every criminal apologize, give his gun up to the police, and become a good citizen? Or would they step up criminal attacks, especially muggings and armed robberies knowing that as long as the police can't respond in time, they'll be unopposed?

That is the same bull sh**t excuse Liberals make when talking about Drugs, "Bad people are going to do it anyway, make it Legal."
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 15  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies