where do you stand on these social issues?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 01:29:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  where do you stand on these social issues?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15]
Author Topic: where do you stand on these social issues?  (Read 59499 times)
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #350 on: January 13, 2022, 02:41:56 PM »

Gay marriage is an insult! But yeah go marry all your sisters and nieces I don't care. Marry your own daughter!

Is he some sort of radical Muslim or Mormon or something?

I have always supported incestuous relationships between siblings or cousins, I oppose relationships between parents and children and between grandparents and grandchildren. There is nothing wrong with polygamy. By the way, I am a Catholic

I think you better check with the Pope about this...
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #351 on: February 12, 2022, 07:08:42 PM »

gay marriage? In 2005 (when the OP was written) this question made sense...today it's clear only bigots or very old-fashioned people would actually say they oppose it. I obviously support it.
abortion?  Safe, legal, and rare. Support the Hyde Amendment and I think it should be pretty limited/restricted (but still legal) when not in cases of r*pe/incest/mother's life is endangered. If it is r*pe/incest/mother's life endangered, taxpayer funding is fine and there should be basically no limits.
legalized gambling? I honestly don't know or care much either way.
prostitution?  I honestly don't know or care much either way.
prayer in school? Mandatory prayer and/or prayer at inappropriate place/time? Strongly opposed. Voluntary prayer in approrpiate places? Sure.
school uniforms? Lean opposed but couldn't care much either way
drug legalization? Depends - support for marijuana as long as it is regulated and heavily taxed, oppose for the others
gun control? Strongly support
affirmative action? Strongly oppose
speed limits? Support, but should remain somewhat unenforced
death penalty? Support, but it must be scaled down and used only when a.) a heinous crime has been committed, and b.) the evidence is conclusive that the person in question has committed that heinous crime or partaked in it or aided or abetted it in any way
mandatory minimum sentencing? Oppose
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #352 on: February 12, 2022, 07:15:20 PM »

drug legalization? Marijuana should be more or less decriminalized. LSD and party type drugs should be low priority for enforcement. Hard drugs, especially heroin, should be cracked down on with the might of God. Dealing heroin or fentanyl should be considered attempted murder and/or voluntary manslaughter by the legal system.

Seriously? I know drug dealing is evil and manipulative, but still, it's not even close to manslaughter and should absolutely not be treated as such. Not trying to defend drug dealers but it's ludicruous not to assign any blame to drug-takers themselves, or to somehow equate them with victims of homicide.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #353 on: February 12, 2022, 07:17:41 PM »

same-sex marriage: strongly support
abortion: Strongly pro-choice
legalized gambling: Moderately oppose
prostitution: Strongly oppose
prayer in school: Strongly oppose. #FreedomOfReligion #ThisIsn'tGilead
school uniforms: Strongly oppose
drug legalization: Mixed (Marijuana and others like it yes, but Cocaine and Heroin no).
gun control: Generally oppose (banning terrorists is fine, since that is somehow legal).
affirmative action: Oppose (Strongly oppose racial AA, neutral on economic)
speed limits: Support
death penalty: Strongly oppose (the government shouldn't have that power)
mandatory minimum sentencing: Strongly Oppose
Incestuous Marriage: Strongly oppose. The only people who do it at this point are West Virginians and royals, and I hate both.
Polygamy: No. No. No. No. Sorry very small sects of Mormonism that support this, Strongly oppose.
Transgender Issues: Ban discrimination but referring to cis women as 'people who menstruate' is offensive to those who have lived with sexism their entire lives.

This is pretty insulting and stereotypical. I get that you hate Appalachia - I kind of do, too - but this is a little bit too much.
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #354 on: February 12, 2022, 07:28:57 PM »

drug legalization: Mixed (Marijuana and others like it yes, but Cocaine and Heroin no).
gun control: Generally oppose (banning terrorists is fine, since that is somehow legal).
Incestuous Marriage: Strongly oppose. The only people who do it at this point are West Virginians and royals, and I hate both.
Polygamy: No. No. No. No. Sorry very small sects of Mormonism that support this, Strongly oppose.
Transgender Issues: Ban discrimination but referring to cis women as 'people who menstruate' is offensive to those who have lived with sexism their entire lives.

This is pretty insulting and stereotypical. I get that you hate Appalachia - I kind of do, too - but this is a little bit too much.

Yep. This was a while ago, so I don't believe this at all. I'm going through my posts to find other offensive comments about West Virginians/WWC voters.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #355 on: February 12, 2022, 07:45:51 PM »

Yep. This was a while ago, so I don't believe this at all. I'm going through my posts to find other offensive comments about West Virginians/WWC voters.
2 months ago?
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies