2008 Election Game: Campaign Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 27, 2024, 05:40:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2008 Election Game: Campaign Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 ... 82
Author Topic: 2008 Election Game: Campaign Thread  (Read 152880 times)
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1500 on: May 29, 2013, 07:38:01 PM »

Mike Castle Campaigns for Bloomberg

Mike Castle campaigns for Bloomberg in Dover, Delaware

I want to thank the people of Delaware for entrusting me to serve this state in the House - it is truly an honor, and I hope I am elected again on November 4th. But there is a much bigger race this election, the race for the White House. One candidate stands out in my mind, one ticket, I know, will lead this nation back in the right direction. That candidate is Michael Bloomberg.

I urge my friends here in Delaware and across the nation to cast their vote on November 4th for Michael Bloomberg and Evan Bayh. Both are pragmatic leaders with executive experience, executives who have worked across the aisle many times and desire to bring unity to Washington D.C. They are the type of leaders we need!
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1501 on: May 29, 2013, 08:21:45 PM »

Patty Murray Campaign Schedule, 10/7 - 10/13

10/7:
Meeting with Party Leaders in Las Vegas, NV
Rally in Carson City, NV
Flight to New York

10/8:
Rally in New York, NY
Meet and Greet in Syracuse, NY
Rally in Rochester, NY

10/9:
Rally in Rochester, NY
Rally in Buffalo, NY
Meeting with Party Leaders in Albany, NY
Rally in Albany, NY

10/10:
Speech on Welfare in New York, NY
Rally in Dixville Notch, NH
Rally in Manchester, NH

"There are some who say that the poorest Americans are lazy, shiftless, and unwilling to work. My fellow Americans, this is fundamentally untrue. The people who say these things have obviously never met a single mother struggling to pay the bills, or a college graduate who can't find a job, or one of the millions of people who have been laid off due to the recession. If they had, they would know that - and I can't believe I have to say this - poor, hard-working Americans who are on welfare because they have to, not because they want to, are just as deserving of compassion and of a leg up as everyone else. If the right wing stays in power, they will slash our social safety net and take away benefits from millions of Americans because they'd prefer to do that than to repeal the budget-destroying Bush tax cuts. This, people of New York, is manifestly unfair. As President, Governor Dean will fight to preserve the safety net and unemployment benefits for every American who needs them, and as Vice President, I will fight to do the same."

10/11:
Rally in Portsmouth, NH
Rally in Manchester, NH
Meeting with Party Leaders in Manchester, NH

10/12:
Rally in Augusta, ME
Meet and Greet in Portland, ME
Rally in Portland, ME

10/13:
Rally in Bangor, ME
Rally in New York, NY
Rally in Rochester, NY
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -9.04

« Reply #1502 on: May 30, 2013, 07:58:24 AM »
« Edited: May 30, 2013, 12:13:42 PM by JulioMadrid »

October 14th -October 20th starts now!

Presidential townhall debate about foreign policy tomorrow (and next week, too)!!

McCain and Pataki not on campaign trail after a strong performance by the NY Governor in the VP debate!

Bloomberg tied for 2nd in polls for the first time!! Nader losing his support to Dean.

"I have realized McCain is too old to be President. He disappears one week each month. And republicans in my state prefer Bloomberg over him, so I feel morally obligated to vote for him"- Governor Jodi Rll (R-CT)

"I've heard that Dean doesn't support gun control, is that true? I was thinking about voting for Bloomberg, now it's official: I'm endorsing the Mayor of our biggest city"- Actor Matt Damon (D-MA).

"El tal Ralph Nader parece una chispita de coherencia en un país de locos. Ojalá el pueblo estadounidense abra los ojos y vote masivamente por él"- Fidel Castro (C-Cuba)

New York Working Families party endorses Howard Dean.

Dean/Murray               33%
McCain/Pataki             29%
Bloomberg/Bayh         29%
Nader/Kucinich             5%
Undecided                    4%

State polls will be released next week, when the last debate takes place (there won't be a national poll).
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #1503 on: May 30, 2013, 11:59:03 AM »
« Edited: May 30, 2013, 12:01:22 PM by Speaker Superique »

Week 17 – Nader-Kucinich for a safer America and a better world.

October 14th

Flies to Washington D.C

You must be logged in to read this quote.

October 15th

Meet & Greet in Washington D.C
Door to Door in Washington D.C

Interview with Keith Olbermann

October 16th

Meeting with members of the American-Arab Anti-Discrimination Committee in Washington D.C
Meeting with members of the Jewish for Peace organization in Washington D.C

Speech regarding the Israeli-Palestine Conflict in the Jewish for Peace Headquarters.

It’s more than time that the Israeli Government recognizes that, without a two-state solution and the creation of Palestine, Israel’s fate is going to be doomed. It’s time for both sides throw their guns away and start talking with each other. The US Government must encourage those talks and the only way to doing so is by making a strong claim against Israeli apartheid, abuses and violence and by showing strong disapproval of Hamas. Peace will come without victory, no side shall be benefited and both countries will have to give up of some of their claims. I’m not saying that this is going to be easy but in the end we are going to have a more prosperous Middle East with manage to pass a two-state solution!

October 17th

Nader Flies to Salt Lake City, UT.

Rocky Anderson announces that he is running for congress at the 2nd Congressional District of Utah.

Rally with Rocky Anderson in Salt Lake City, UT.

Meet & Greet in Salt Lake City, UT.

October 18th

Flies to Portland, ME.
Rally in Portland, ME.

New Campaign Headquarter in Portland, ME.

October 19th

Nader Flies to New York City, NY.
Meet & Greet in New York City with congressional candidate Jill Stein.

Town Hall with Jill Stein at Brooklyn.
Fundraise Night Event with grassroots, NY.

October 20th

Meet & Greet in New York City, NY.

Rest

Interview on Later with David Letterman.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1504 on: May 30, 2013, 12:34:57 PM »
« Edited: May 30, 2013, 04:34:47 PM by NHI »

Town Hall Presidential Debate:

Good evening from Belmont University in Nashville, Tennessee. I'm Tom Brokaw of NBC News. And welcome to this second presidential debate, sponsored by the Commission on Presidential Debates.
Tonight's debate is the only one with a town hall format. The Gallup Organization chose 80 uncommitted voters from the Nashville area to be here with us tonight. And earlier today, each of them gave me a copy of their question for the candidates.
From all of these questions -- and from tens of thousands submitted online -- I have selected a long list of excellent questions on domestic and foreign policy.
Neither the commission nor the candidates have seen the questions. And although we won't be able to get to all of them tonight, we should have a wide-ranging discussion one month before the election.
Each candidate will have two minutes to respond to a common question, and there will be a one-minute follow-up. The audience here in the hall has agreed to be polite, and attentive, no cheering or outbursts. Those of you at home, of course, are not so constrained.
The only exception in the hall is right now, as it is my privilege to introduce the candidates, Democratic Candidate Gov. Howard Dean,  Republican candidate Sen. John McCain, Independent Candidate Mayor Michael Bloomberg and Green Party/Independent Candidate Ralph Nader.
Gentlemen, we want to get under way immediately, if we can. Each of the candidates drew straws and Mayor Bloomberg you have the first question.

Brokaw: And we're going to have our first question from over here in Section A from Allen Shaffer.

ShafferSad What is your plan to bring about an end to the US' involvement in both Afghanistan and Iraq and do you foresee any reason that we would have to stay longer?

Brokaw: Sen. McCain you're response to Mr. Shaffer's question, followed by Gov. Dean and Mr. Nader.

Brokaw: Gentlemen, feeding off that question, who do each of you have in mind for a Secretary of Defense?

Brokaw: We're going to continue over in Section F, as it turns out. Sen. McCain, this is a question from you from Teresa Finch.

Finch: What is the greatest threat the United States faces in the twenty first century?

Brokaw: Gov. Dean, Mayor Bloomberg and Mr. Nader if you wish to respond?

Brokaw: We turn to section B to a question from Ronald Truman and Gov. Dean the question is for you.

Truman: Gov. Dean what are your top three priorities to accomplish if you are elected?

Brokaw: We turn to Section C now to a question from Susan Nixon and Mr. Nader the question is for you.

Nixon: Yes, Mr. Nader what is you're plan for entitlement reform?

Brokaw: Thank you very much, Mr. Nader. I'd now liked to hear from the three remaining candidates on that particular question. What is your plan for entitlement reform?

Brokaw: And, that concludes tonight's debate from here in Nashville. We want to thank our hosts here at Belmont University in Nashville and the Commission on Presidential Debates. And you're in my way of my script there, if you will please move Mr. Nader.

In addition to everything else, there is one more presidential debate on Wednesday, October 15, at Hofstra University in New York, moderated by my friend, Bob Schieffer of "CBS News. Thank you and good night.
Senator Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #1505 on: May 30, 2013, 03:18:46 PM »
« Edited: May 30, 2013, 04:37:51 PM by Spiral »

Jesse Ventura (Nader Surrogate) Campaign Schedule: October 14 - October 20

October 14
-Rally in Minneapolis, MN
-Rally in St. Paul, MN
-Town Hall in Bloomington, MN
-Town Hall in Duluth, MN

October 15
-Town Hall in Rochester, MN
-Rally in Brooklyn Park, MN
-Rally in Plymouth, MN
-Town Hall in Woodbury, MN

October 16
-Rally in Madison, WI
-Rally in Milwaukee, WI
-Town Hall in Green Bay, WI
-Town Hall in Kenosha, WI

October 17
-Rally in Fargo, ND
-Rally in Bismarck, ND
-Town Hall in Grand Forks, ND
-Town Hall in Minot, ND

October 18
-Rally in Sioux Falls, SD
-Rally in Rapid City, SD
-Town Hall in Aberdeen, SD
-Town Hall in Brookings, SD

October 19
-Rally in Billings, MT
-Rally in Missoula, MT
-Town Hall in Great Falls, MT
-Town Hall in Bozeman, MT

October 20
-Rally in Kansas City, MO
-Rally in St. Louis, MO
-Rally in Columbia, MO
-Town Hall in Springfield, MO

TV Ad

Hi, I'm Governor Jesse Ventura.When you vote in November, you must keep in mind who really represents your interests. Do you really think that Howard Dean, John McCain, or Michael Bloomberg will work as hard as they can to represent the common man? No, of course not. They're all bought off by the same banks and corporations which have been the problem for so long. Ralph Nader, on the other hand, is different. Ralph's whole career has been devoted to protecting consumers and making sure that you don't get the short end of the stick. I hope you join me in voting for Ralph Nader, because together, we can send a message to the politicians that enough is enough.

Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1506 on: May 30, 2013, 04:27:44 PM »

Hey you guys, sorry I haven't posted yet; I've been busy all day, but I hope to get an update posted tonight.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1507 on: May 30, 2013, 04:36:23 PM »
« Edited: May 31, 2013, 03:37:07 PM by NHI »

Amended Questions. Sorry for the delay. -- NHI
Town Hall Presidential Debate:

Good evening from Belmont University in Nashville, Tennessee. I'm Tom Brokaw of NBC News. And welcome to this second presidential debate, sponsored by the Commission on Presidential Debates.
Tonight's debate is the only one with a town hall format. The Gallup Organization chose 80 uncommitted voters from the Nashville area to be here with us tonight. And earlier today, each of them gave me a copy of their question for the candidates.
From all of these questions -- and from tens of thousands submitted online -- I have selected a long list of excellent questions on domestic and foreign policy.
Neither the commission nor the candidates have seen the questions. And although we won't be able to get to all of them tonight, we should have a wide-ranging discussion one month before the election.
Each candidate will have two minutes to respond to a common question, and there will be a one-minute follow-up. The audience here in the hall has agreed to be polite, and attentive, no cheering or outbursts. Those of you at home, of course, are not so constrained.
The only exception in the hall is right now, as it is my privilege to introduce the candidates, Democratic Candidate Gov. Howard Dean,  Republican candidate Sen. John McCain, Independent Candidate Mayor Michael Bloomberg and Green Party/Independent Candidate Ralph Nader.
Gentlemen, we want to get under way immediately, if we can. Each of the candidates drew straws and Mayor Bloomberg you have the first question.

Brokaw: And we're going to have our first question from over here in Section A from Allen Shaffer.

ShafferSad What is your plan to bring about an end to the US' involvement in both Afghanistan and Iraq and do you foresee any reason that we would have to stay longer?

Brokaw: Sen. McCain you're response to Mr. Shaffer's question, followed by Gov. Dean and Mr. Nader.

Brokaw: Gentlemen, feeding off that question, who do each of you have in mind for a Secretary of Defense?

Brokaw: We're going to continue over in Section F, as it turns out. Sen. McCain, this is a question from you from Teresa Finch.

Finch: What is the greatest threat the United States faces in the twenty first century?

Brokaw: Gov. Dean, Mayor Bloomberg and Mr. Nader if you wish to respond?

Brokaw: We turn to section B to a question from Ronald Truman and Gov. Dean the question is for you.

Truman: Gov. Dean what are your top three priorities to accomplish if you are elected?

Brokaw: Before moving on Sen. McCain, Mayor Bloomberg and Mr. Nader if you'd like to respond to that question? We turn to Section C now to a question from Susan Nixon and Mr. Nader the question is for you.

Nixon: Yes, Mr. Nader what is you're plan for entitlement reform?

Brokaw: Thank you very much, Mr. Nader. I'd now liked to hear from the three remaining candidates on that particular question. What is your plan for entitlement reform?

Brokaw: And, that concludes tonight's debate from here in Nashville. We want to thank our hosts here at Belmont University in Nashville and the Commission on Presidential Debates. And you're in my way of my script there, if you will please move Mr. Nader.

In addition to everything else, there is one more presidential debate on Wednesday, October 15, at Hofstra University in New York, moderated by my friend, Bob Schieffer of "CBS News. Thank you and good night.

Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #1508 on: May 30, 2013, 04:45:58 PM »

Dennis Kucinich Schedule:

Kucinich Speech in Hawaii!

"Healthcare for all should not be a distant thing: It should be a promise to our people that we must provide. These candidates don't seem to get the whole idea of universal health care, nor the results that it brings. Rather, they continue speaking of diatribes like cutting social security and Medicare for Seniors. It's time we stopped listening to the rhetoric and started listening to the reality: Universal Healthcare lowers costs."

October 14th:
Barnstorming in Kahuli, Hawaii
Barnstorming in Kaunakaki, Hawaii
Meet and Greet in Kaunakaki, Hawaii
Meet and Greet in Kaneohe, Hawaii

October 15th:
Town Hall with Brian Schatz in Honolulu, Hawaii
Fundraiser with Brian Schatz in Honolulu, Hawaii
Barnstorming in Waipahu, Hawaii
Speech in Kapaa, Hawaii

October 16th:
Barnstorming in Portland, Oregon
Fundraiser in Portland, Oregon
Meet and Greet in Portland, Oregon
Sleep

October 17th:
Barnstorming in Salem, Oregon
Town Hall in Albany, Oregon
Town Hall in Springfield, Oregon
Appearance on Hannity

October 18th:
Barnstorming in D.C.
Speech in D.C.
Meet and Greet in Annapolis, Maryland
Barnstorming in Hagerstown, Maryland

October 19th:
Meet and Greet in Salisbury, Maryland
Barnstorming in Cambridge, Maryland
Town Hall in Cambridge, Maryland

October 20th:
Rest

Kucinich Speech in D.C.

"What used to be a burgeoning city that stands as a testament to our Democracy is now a shuddering tragedy. Well, no more! D.C. will be a bright and prosperous city again! But right now, we are in the darkest of days in the world of political corruption. Only one candidate stands alone as being totally outside of the beltway, and outside of the network of special interests which controls Washington, and that is Nader-Kucinich. We don't want another Corporate Robot or Washington 'Leader', we need someone who knows real people, and knows what we are really facing, and that is the Ralph Nader I know!"

Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #1509 on: May 30, 2013, 05:27:00 PM »
« Edited: June 01, 2013, 09:14:23 PM by Clinton1996 »

Evan Bayh Schedule for Week of October 14th
10/14/2008
-Flight to California
-Rally in Los Angeles, CA
-Town Hall in San Jose, Ca

10/15/2008
-Rally in Fresno, CA
-Rally in Bakersfield, CA
-Town Hall in Anaheim, CA
"Y'Know, neither Senator McCain or Governor Dean's Campaigns have taken any time to visit California. They think its too far Democratic to be competitive. Well, Mike and I disagree. California is going bold in November!"

10/16/2008
-Flight to Michigan
-Town Hall in Flint, MI
-Rally in Battle Creek, MI
-Rally in Alma, MI
-Town Hall in Okemos, MI

10/17/2008
-Flight to Pennsylvania
-Rally in Hazleton, PA
-Rally in Lock Haven, PA
"We're gonna show Dean and McCain that 8 Is Enough!"

10/18/2008
-Town Hall in Allentown, PA
-Rally in Allentown, PA
-Rally in York, PA
-Rally in New Castle, PA

10/19/2008
-Town Hall in Fairfield, OH
-Rally in Garfield Heights, OH
-Rally in Columbus, OH
"Ma'am, we recognize what manufacturing does for the state economy. And over the past few years, there've been fewer and fewer. Our plan offers tax cuts to those companies that insource jobs back here, and punishes those that outsource. It's time to rebuild the middle class under a Bloomberg Administration!"

10/20/2008
-Flight to Indiana
-Rally in Indianapolis, IN
-Rest
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1510 on: May 30, 2013, 05:32:20 PM »

OOC: I'm curious, what is the current state of the economy?
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #1511 on: May 30, 2013, 05:37:25 PM »

OOC: I'm curious, what is the current state of the economy?
Ditto
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #1512 on: May 30, 2013, 05:41:00 PM »

OOC:JulioMadrid and Spamage agreed that in order to make everyone have a fair chance of winning, they decided to make the crisis not to happen during the election cycle. Hope that it happens in December, what about a Dark Christmas? Tongue What I'm almost sure is that this election is going to the House =/
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1513 on: May 30, 2013, 05:48:28 PM »

OOC:JulioMadrid and Spamage agreed that in order to make everyone have a fair chance of winning, they decided to make the crisis not to happen during the election cycle. Hope that it happens in December, what about a Dark Christmas? Tongue What I'm almost sure is that this election is going to the House =/

OOC: Should I retroactively edit my reference to the recession out?
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #1514 on: May 30, 2013, 05:56:57 PM »

Maybe... But in 2008, the US was in a recession, a depression, however, only happened with the financial crisis....
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix

« Reply #1515 on: May 30, 2013, 06:05:56 PM »

Maybe... But in 2008, the US was in a recession, a depression, however, only happened with the financial crisis....

I don't think you need to change that. If everything were working perfectly on the economy, McCain would have a clear advantadge.

Right now the election would go to the House. But only two weeks ago my numbers indicated otherwise. And this debate will likely change things again!!
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #1516 on: May 30, 2013, 06:07:42 PM »

OOC: Well, if it goes to the House I win. Tongue
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1517 on: May 30, 2013, 06:19:18 PM »
« Edited: May 30, 2013, 06:26:37 PM by Jayhawker »

OOC: Can we please quite spamming this thread with OOCs? There's another thread where you all can have your conversations (as well as private messages).

Jodi Rell: America Needs Mike Bloomberg!

Connecticut Governor Jodi Rell (R) gives a warm endorsement to Michael Bloomberg

Good afternoon.

I am here today to announce my endorsement of Michael Bloomberg and Evan Bayh to be our next President and Vice President. I have great respect for Senator McCain and Governor Pataki, my fellow Republicans, but I believe there is a stronger ticket in this race, a ticket better prepared to not only defeat Dean here in Connecticut, but also a ticket better prepared to lead this nation in a new, positive direction.

Senator McCain is right when stating that our nation is in decline - we simply cannot continue down the same path of reckless spending that is plaguing our nation. We need leaders that are prepared to make the difficult decisions required to put us back on a path of economic stability. Living just a few miles away, I've witnessed Michael Bloomberg do just that in New York City, and I am confident that he can take the same pragmatism to Washington D.C.

It's time for leaders, not just in the executive office, but across the board, who will drop the party politics and go to Washington D.C. with only the people in mind. We need to stop the name calling, stop making the divisive and offensive comments towards our colleagues, as Dean has done for years and continues to do today. We need real leaders, leaders who will sit down with both sides and hash out solutions that will benefit us all. Michael Bloomberg and Evan Bayh are the only candidates in this race who have a proven record of doing that. America needs this type of leadership - America needs Michael Bloomberg and Evan Bayh!

Matt Damon: Michael Bloomberg will bring change

Actor Matt Damon formally endorses Michael Bloomberg for President

As Mayor, Michael Bloomberg made his city safer by promoting pragmatic gun-control laws. As President, I know he'll do the same.

Michael Bloomberg has a solid record as Mayor, the best of any candidates running. He's promoted fiscal responsibility, erasing a large deficit and building a surplus in New York City. He's improved schools and roads, and made our children safer. But I don't support Michael Bloomberg because of what he's done...I support Michael Bloomberg because of what he can do as President. We have a rare opportunity in this election to not just talk the talk, but to walk the walk and send real, bi-partisan leaders to Washington D.C. Polls continue to show that Americans are tired of the way Washington is working, that they want leaders who will work across the aisle and ignore the special interests. Michael Bloomberg is exactly the type of leader we need, and quite simply, we as Americans would be foolish to pass up on the opportunity of having these bi-partisan leaders be our next President and Vice President.

My fellow Democrats, Independents, Republicans...Americans: Join me in this election! Let's take back America and elect leaders who will fight for us!
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix

« Reply #1518 on: May 30, 2013, 06:20:02 PM »

OOC: Well, if it goes to the House I win. Tongue

Not with Republicans and some conservadems endorsing the NYC Mayor. But yes, I think it's clear you'd win.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1519 on: May 30, 2013, 07:36:10 PM »

Bill Clinton's (Dean Surrogate) Campaign Schedule: From October 14 to October 20, 2008:

October 14:
-Rally in Fort Smith, AR.
-Barnstorm in Little Rock, AR.
-Rally in Fayetteville, AR.

October 15:
-Town Hall in Russellville, AR.
-Town Hall in Bentonville, AR.
-Rally in Springdale, AR.
-Rally in Jonesboro, AR.

"What a year we Democrats have had. The primary began with an all-star line up. And it came down to three candidates locked in a hard-fought contest right to the very end. That campaign generated so much heat, it increased global warming. (Laughter) The hopes of America are riding with Gov. Dean in this election. The long, hard primary tested and strengthened him. And in his first presidential decision, the selection of a running mate, he hit it out of the park. He is a true bridge to progress, and sadly, John McCain is a firewall. Don't let America put a firewall up in front of the bridge. "

October 16:
-Barnstorm in Kansas City, MO.
-Barnstorm in Saint Louis, MO.
-Rally in St. Charles, MO.

October 17:
-Rally in Independence, MO.
-Town Hall in St. Joseph, MO.
-Rally in O'Fallon, MO.

October 18:
-Rally in Springfield, MO.
-Barnstorm in Kansas City, MO.
-Rally in Columbia, MO.

"During the past few years, the American dream has been under siege at home, and America's leadership in the world has been weakened. Middle-class and low-income Americans are hurting, and our position in the world has been weakened by too much unilateralism and too little cooperation, by a failure to consistently use the power of diplomacy, from the Middle East to Africa to Latin America to Central and Eastern Europe. Clearly, the job of the next president is to rebuild the American dream and to restore American leadership in the world. And here's what I have to say about that. Everything I learned in my eight years as president, and in the work I have done since in America and across the globe, has convinced me that Howard Dean is the man for this job."

October 19:
-Barnstorm in Louisville, KY.
-Barnstorm in Lexington, KY.
-Rally in Owensboro.

October 20:
-Town Hall in Frankfort, KY.
-Town Hall in Paducag, KY.
-Rally in Bowling Green, KY.
-Rally in Louisville, KY.
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #1520 on: May 30, 2013, 09:01:05 PM »

Colin Powell (Bloomberg Surrogate) Schedule October 14th-October 20th, 2008
     "Michael Bloomberg represents the best candidate America has in this election, period. He's not only been a principled mayor of the nation's largest city, but he's also a heckuva guy. There's no one who would do as great a job Bill, and I think Americans can see this. Come this Election Night I know we'll see check marks next to Bloomberg/Bayh all across this beautiful nation."

Monday October 14th, 2008- ILLINOIS
Rally in Chicago with African Americans
Speech in favor of Bloomberg in Springfield
Rally in Springfield with Bloomberg voters
Speech in Springfield on the importance of Bloomberg

Tuesday October 15th, 2008- ILLINOIS

Speech in Springfield on Crime
Speech in Springfield on Bloomberg's Experience
Rally in Naperville with Independents
Appearance on the O'Reilly Factor

Wednesday October 16th, 2008- NEW HAMPSHIRE, MASSACHUSETTS
Rally in Concord focused on Small businesses
Speech in Boston on poverty
Rally in Boston with Bloomberg supporters
Meet and Greet with undecided voters

Thursday October 17th, 2008- CALIFORNIA, OREGON
Speech to LGBT in San Francisco in favor of Bloomberg
Rally in Crescent City on the Economy
Speech in Eugene on the future of America
Rally in Portland on the negatives of the other candidates

Friday October 18th, 2008- WASHINGTON

Rally in Vancouver with Bloomberg Voters
Speech on the Environment in Olympia
Speech on bipartisanship in Seattle
Appearance on the Rachael Maddow Show

Saturday October 20th, 2008- NEVADA
Rally in Las Vegas
Speech in Las Vegas on the importance of growth
Rally with undecideds in Las Vegas
Speech on the Strip

"Believe me America, I know people who have the potential to be amazing Presidents when I see them, and Bloomberg is the only one in this race. Not only will he truly bring the discussion back to many Americans who feel like the Government is out of touch, but he'll also work across the aisle and get things done. Bloomberg is my guy, and Bloomberg is the key to a safer, more productive, and necessary future and I know that he will do a splendid job following his victory in a few weeks (cheers)"
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #1521 on: May 30, 2013, 10:06:40 PM »
« Edited: May 30, 2013, 10:42:03 PM by Senator Snowstalker »

Governor Dean's Campaign Schedule, October 14th-20th:

October 14th:

-Flight to New York
-Rally in New York, New York
-Fundraiser in New York, New York

October 15th:

-Rally in New York, New York
-Meet & Greet in Hudson, New York
-Rally in Albany, New York with Gov. Eliot Spitzer

"It's not just important to spur economic recovery. We need to make sure that this sort of financial collapse brought on by predatory loaners and reckless investors, the sorts of people that Mike Bloomberg pals around with. Governor Spitzer and I support a return to the Glass-Steagall Act, so that banks don't get effectively rewarded for risky investments as they have been in TARP."

October 16th:

-Meet & Greet in Troy, New York
-Rally in Greenfield, Massachusetts
-Rally in Worcester, Massachusetts

October 17th:

-Rally in Providence, Rhode Island
-Fundraiser in Quincy, Massachusetts
-Rally in Boston, Massachusetts with Senator Ted Kennedy

"We're coming to the end of yet another campaign. This might be the last one I see. Whether or not that's the case, I hope and pray that the winner will be the man who stood against the Iraq War from the beginning, who's fought for better health care, better education, a better America, Howard Dean! I want to see this great nation united behind him!"

October 18th:

-Rally in Lowell, Massachusetts
-Meet & Greet in Nashua, New Hampshire
-Rally in Portsmouth, New Hampshire

October 19th:

-Rally in Manchester, New Hampshire
-Town Hall in Concord, New Hampshire
-Flight to California

October 20th:

-Fundraiser in San Jose, California
-Rally in Oakland, California with Former Governor Jerry Brown
-Flight to Iowa

"There's only one candidate who can win in November, pull together our country, get our economy back on track, and get us out of Iraq, and that's my friend, the man who pulls no punches, Governor Howard Dean!"
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1522 on: May 30, 2013, 10:25:41 PM »

Michael Bloomberg Campaign Advertisement: Medicare
Michael Bloomberg has released the following television advertisement, which will air in the following states:

Announcer: Howard Dean claims to support Medicare. But what did Mr. Dean say while serving as Governor of Vermont?

Howard Dean Voiceover: "one of the worst federal programs ever and a living advertisement for why the government should never administer a national health care program."

Michael Bloomberg: As President, not only will I protect Medicare funding, but I'll also fight for legislation providing health care for each and every American, because that is what you deserve. I am proud to approve of this message.
MadmanMotley
Bmotley
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.29, S: -5.91

P
« Reply #1523 on: May 30, 2013, 11:08:42 PM »

"Today my fellow Americans, I come before you supporting the man who can lead, the man who will work together with both parties to end the stagnation in Washington, I come before to support Michael Bloomberg! The man who can unite America!
Dick Lugar (Bloomberg Surrogate) Campaign Schedule:
Oct. 14th:
Rally in Indianapolis, IN for Bloomberg
Rally in Urbana, IL for Bloomberg

Oct. 15th:
Town Hall in Peoria, IL with undecided voters
Speech in Springfield, IL on working together

Oct 16th:
Rally in Grand Rapids, MI for Bloomberg
Town Hall in Ann Arbor, MI supporting Bloomberg

Oct 17th:
Rally in Flint, MI for Bloomberg
Speech in Detroit on American Unity, supporting Bloomberg

Oct. 18th:
Rally in Toledo, OH for Bloomberg
Town Hall in Dayton, OH supporting Bloomberg

Oct. 19th:
Speech in Cleveland, OH on Bloomberg being the candidate for the people
Town Hall in Findlay, OH supporting Bloomberg

Oct. 20th:
Rally in Columbus, OH, supporting Bloomberg
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1524 on: May 31, 2013, 03:31:37 PM »
« Edited: June 02, 2013, 03:43:13 PM by Oldiesfreak1854 »

OCTOBER 8, 2008
John McCain
-Rally in Miami Beach, Florida
-Rally in Hialeah, Florida
-Fundraiser in Pembroke Pines, Florida
-Rally in Delray Beach, Florida
-Rally in Boca Raton, Florida

My friends, I realize America is on the decline.  Decades of failed leadership from both parties has discouraged us and made us lose hope in the American dream.  I promis you that if you so give me the honor of serving as your president, I will make you proud of America again, and we will ensure that our best days are still ahead!

George Pataki
-Rally in Steubenville, Ohio
-Rally in Massillon, Ohio
-Rally in Mansfield, Ohio

October 9, 2008
John McCain
-Rally in Port St. Lucie, Florida
-Rally in Kissimee, Florida, with Governor Charlie Crist
-Rally in Sanford, Florida
-Rally in Ocala, Florida

George Pataki
-Fundraiser and rally in Toledo, Ohio, with Senator George Voinovich
-Rally in Monroe, Michigan
-Rally in River Rouge, Michigan
-Rally in Livonia, Michigan
-Rally in Wixom, Michigan

(In front of abandoned Ford plant in Wixom, Michigan)
Back in the day, auto manufacturing towns like Wixom were beacons of prosperity.  But due to the crushing taxes and regulations supported by Governor Dean and other liberals, manufacturing jobs have been shipped overseas at an alarming rate.  Now Governor Dean is coming to Michigan and is campaigning with Jennifer Granholm on getting Michigan back to work.  Now I don't know about you, but I wouldn't ask Jennifer Granholm for advice on how to get Michigan back to work!  If you want more of the same job-killing taxes and regulations that have sent jobs at companies like Ford out of Michigan, then vote for Howard Dean.  But if you want real leadership from Washington to create jobs for Michigan and the rest of America, then vote for John McCain!

October 10, 2008
John McCain
-Fundraiser & rally in Albuquerque, New Mexico
-Rally in Taos, New Mexico
-Rally in Trinidad, Colorado
-Rally in Pueblo, Colorado
-Rally in Canon City, Colorado

George Pataki
-Rally in Lebanon, Pennsylvania
-Rally in Reading, Pennsylvania
-Rally in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
-Rally in Allentown, Pennsylvania
-Rally in Easton, Pennsylvania

Pennsylvania, before you vote three and a half weeks from now, you deserve to know what every candidate in this race stands for.  And after eight years of George Bush, I can understand why Howard Dean would be an attractive option.   But let's take a look at his record.  Governor Dean has referred to the Republican Party as "evil," "corrupt," and "brain-dead," and has even said that he hates the Republicans and everything they stand for.  He supports crushing taxes and regulations on job creators that will send even more good, high-paying jobs overseas.  Howard Dean is a divider and an extremist and he is just not suited to be President of the United States.  John McCain is a proven bipartisan leader on everything from climate change to campaign finance reform to illegal immigration.  If you want more partisanship and division in Washington, then vote for Howard Dean.  But if you want real change, then John McCain is your man!

October 11, 2008
John McCain
-Rally in Windham, New Hampshire
-Rally in Derry, New Hampshire
-Rally in Dover, New Hampshire
-Rally in Farmington, New Hampshire
-Townhall in Milton, New Hampshire

My friends, you have a choice to make in this election.  We can go forward with a clear vision for the future, or we can choose the same failed leadership that has caused so much division in Washington.  Governor Dean has called the Republican Party "evil," "corrupt," and "brain-dead."   He said that he hates the Republicans and everything they stand for, and even claimed that "most of them haven't made an honest living in their lives."  When he was asked whether Iraq was better off without Saddam Hussein, he said, "We don't know that."  That, my friends, is a sign of someone who will divide us, not unite us.  And now he's trying to distract from his extreme record by accusing me of being a third term for George Bush.  Don't fall for it.  If you want change in Washington, we need a maverick, not another hyper-partisan.  Join me, and let's win on November 4th!

George Pataki
-Rally in Eureka, Nevada, with Former Governor Kenny Guinn
-Rally in Elko, Nevada, with Senator John Ensign
-Townhall in Battle Mountain, Nevada
-Rally in Winnemucca, Nevada

I've had the tremendous privilege of serving alongside John McCain in the Senate, and I can tell you from firsthand experience that he is the change that America needs in the White House.  Howard Dean, Michael Bloomberg, and Ralph Nader all claim to have the solutions for our country today, but all of them support the same failed liberal policies of the past.  My question to you is, if they haven't worked before, then why would they work now?  But if you want real change and leadership in Washington, then vote for John McCain! 

October 12, 2008
John McCain
-Rally in Concord, New Hampshire
-Townhall in Salisbury, New Hampshire
-Townhall in New London, New Hampshire
-Townhall in Barnstead, New Hamsphire
-Townhall in Meredith, New Hampshire

George Pataki
-Rally in Bloomington, Indiana
-Rally in Carmel, Indiana, with Governor Mitch Daniels
-Fundraiser & rally in Noblesville, Indiana
-Rally in Anderson, Indiana
-Rally in Kokomo, Indiana

In this election, the stakes could not be higher.  America faces some tough issues today, and they can't be solved easily.  As governor, I've had to make the tough decisions to make state government work for the people, and I know that John McCain will do the same for America.  What our country needs at this time are not cowards, but leaders with courage who will do whatever it takes to make America great again and ensure that ours remains a government of the people, by the people, and for the people.  If you're with me, then join me in supporting John McCain for President of the United States!

October 13, 2008
John McCain
-Rally in Harrisonburg, Virginia
-Rally in Lynchburg, Virginia
-Fundraiser & rally in Roanoke, Virginia
-Rally in Blacksburg, Virginia
-Rally in Radford, Virginia

George Pataki
-Rally in Goshen, Indiana
-Rally in Mishawaka, Indiana
-Rally in Michigan City, Indiana
-Rally in Hammond, Indiana